Why is this a part of Michigan again?

Why is this a part of Michigan again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bs7lOEwkPTw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_War
youtube.com/watch?v=50IgzksUqpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Would Wisconsin want the Finns living up there?
They are pretty goofy
youtube.com/watch?v=bs7lOEwkPTw

Michigan is full of niggers and niggers like to steal

I thought the niggers were in the glove?

Because ohio is gay. No seriously.

The niggers ARE the glove
It's reaching for the handle

Ohio wanted Michigan clay (Toledo) and got it. Michigan was given the Upper Peninsula as compensation.

kek

Michigan wanted a piece of Ohio which was claimed by both, which even led to skirmishes.

The U.S. government settled it by giving Michigan that piece of (what was to become) Wisconsin instead to appease them.

Basically, Ohio and Michigan had a border dispute so the U.S. government fucked innocent Wisconsin's shit up for some reason.

Don't go into northern Wisconsin talkin about the Toledo War.

They got the border wrong and ohio wanted Toledo, so Ohio got Toledo and Michigan got the upper part, they were seriously about to kill eachother over it, there is one skirmish that I know of

Fucking yoopers, kek.

Hardly anyone lives there anyway.

Mullets are still cool.

Muh Ted Nugent.

Seriously, its cool tho. Wished more ppl lived there.

That is... a bizarre piece of US history they never taught in school. But they spent an entire marking period on how Abraham Lincoln was a Democrat in republican shoes

Michigan is so strong it needs lebensraum of its own. Wisconsin is next.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_War

wish we could have fucked Michigan's shit up senpai

Basically, Michigan and Ohio had a border dispute.

The federal government intervened in Ohio's favour.

As compensation, Michigan was given the Upper Peninsula.

>Michigan wanted a piece of Ohio
We should already have owned it, the legal border for Michigan was the tip of Lake Michigan all the way across. Ohiofags were a bunch of crybabies about losing what they thought was theirs due to their mapmaker being shit

Yeah they 'flipped' sides. lol They had bad ideas then and bad ideas now.

Was that always there?

>implying

TOLEDO IS RIGHTFUL MICHIGAN CLAY YOU FUCK

youtube.com/watch?v=50IgzksUqpQ

You lost.

OH-

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL.
>stop drawing attention to our pure territory.

They didn't fuck Wisconsin up for no reason, Wisconsin was just a territory at that point.

Michigan and Ohio both though they owned Toledo because of inaccurate mapping and it lead to the skirmishes you mentioned. Since Wisconsin was a part of the Indiana territory at that point it wasn't like they planned on Wisconsin being the shape it is now. It was just the northernmost point of Indiana

HAHA the place is already full of Finns.
>Saunas everywhere.

Ohio is a clay stealing menace which should be eradicated
>a feud between two states is international
I wish, Balkanization when?

I AM MERELY QUESTIONING ITS EXISTENCE AS MICHIGAN CLAY. YOU CAN KEEP IT, ALTHOUGH I AM TEMPTED TO PURCHASE REAL ESTATE THERE JUST BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU UPSET

Toledo is a fucking shithole today. You guys won in the long run.

Nope, plenty of people. You can fuck off with you're "the UP needs more people" fuckery.

Cause Ohio got the Toledo strip.

Also fuck you, Yooper pride!

this needs to be done in world map form

You all can keep your nigger filled America. Up here, it's just the white man, great outdoors, and all the freshwater and hunting you could ask for.

The real estate is too cheaply priced and too nice, you wouldn't want it.

Ma nigga.

That's actually the real Michigan. The glove is just the containment land.

State Prisons brought niggers up there, with the exception of Marquette anywhere you go the local bar g=can give you a headcount and the whereabouts of any niggers in a 100 mile radius.

My sides

They got more clay in the long run, Ohio just got another irrelevent city

So Michigan can flip red

Lots of forest, even a few "mountains". Great fishing and hunting up there too. The only leftists you'll see up there are in Marquette, college town and such. There's a smaller college as well I believe, can't remember the name.

Lot of steel, copper, coal, etc. Nothing ritzy up there. Saw a few Confederate flags up there believe it or not.

Ehhh.... Toledo is shit. I was talking more important matters...football.

It belongs to Ohio desu

the up has the rocks, trees, and animals of wisconsin. go home to wisconsin. I'm a michiganian.

why?

Ah, I got ya, buckeyes fan myself

They hate Michigan

Toledofag here, can confirm

because of the UP?

Basically this.

Because they are libtards I presume

Stfu ahmed

clearly, you meant michiganian you silly goose.

>PA
>Italian

Complete bullshit.

MI is where the day of the rope starts.

What would you suggest?

>Ohio gets the shanty town of Toledo, a miniature detroit minus any history or significance
>Michigan gets a landmass the size of a state full of nature and white man's land

Kek

PA has a strong German and Dutch population. Almost all Italians would be focused in Philadelphia

It used to be a strong port believe it or not

I agree, the mitten was fine at one point in time but it hasn't been washed in 60 years, it's time to throw it away.

As long as you can at least pretend to like the packers you'll do fine.
They do a lot of hunting and ice fishing up there, you might like it desu.

-ichigan, where they're always losing! (it'll terrible when you do finally win though)And yes, Toledo was a strong port, but rustbelt things happened. Still a-azed at how much port trade is on the Great Lakes.

It's Michigander you uneducated twat

German.

The Pennsylvania Dutch are actually German, as "Dutch" is just a bastardization of "Deutsch". Many of those communities speak German as their primary language.

Philly is far too dark to make up the difference in Italians. Most folks are dutch and german descent anyways.

>Slate

explains it all.

you forgot one of the -s

Maybe it deserves it's own thread, but i'm curious as to what the other stuff means, I know why german, french (on the mississippi) and native toungs would be there, but what about the others?
Texas would be German if we didnt have all the Vietnamese, we have our own distinct German dialect after all

Yea I recall Ohio was behind this, they couldn't keep it because it was too far or something.

It was north of the official border, but they didnt know that till later

-uch........thanks -ate!

you're being a... silly goose.

so i don't get it. is this some kind of -ichigan -e-e?

Look at the cartography. Everything north of the southernmost tip of Lake Michigan is ours. Toledo is north of that

If MI didn't go red this election, we were planning on taking that chunk back by force.

t. Wisconsinite

>Don't go into northern Wisconsin talkin about the Toledo War

Nah, northern WI is full of cucked Swedish heritage liberals who we exiled to the furthest northern regions for being faggots.

We plan to push the black menace back to Chicago soon, and reclaim the bulk of our state for glory.

There is old real hate here son, old....cooper years....'twitches'.......

Michigan will be great again.

Because Michigan was butthurt about losing territory to ohio.

What's so great about the Toledo Stip? Clay?

DID SOMEONE SAY MICHIGAN THREAD?

But it's a college football tradition thing. The governor outlaws 'm' on game week.

More like only Dearborn and Hamtram
Arabic billboardds EVERYWHERE

Is that an aborted hotdog?

Thank you for putting that fucking Gordon Lightfoot song in my head for the next hour.

You know you love it

>Hmong

Fucking Minnesota

Lake port

??? How is it not Somali ???

>MD
>french
lies

it's a coney dog

Compensation for Ohio getting Toledo

oh snap, taxation on importing goods for the other states?

It's a chili longburger

Reminder, ohio voted for Kasich

Please destroy these places so that we can be Dutch again ;-;

I think it's an old one, pretty sure that now Somali is 100%

What is it supposed to be then sembai? Ebonics?

A fellow Hollander?

Mongs hate niggers more than any white nationalist I've met. They have overt turf wars in the shit suburbs where the mongs buy up a whole block of houses just to keep niggers out. My Hmong neighbors were glad I was white when I moved onto their street but still weren't very friendly

>you buy? Buy no rent? Good, good

Used to play in the empty canal beds growing up. Can't find a map of the canal system now though. Wikipedia only has NY Erie System.