C-Sections Changing Human Evolution

cbsnews.com/news/c-sections-may-give-rise-to-evolutionary-changes/
>Why is it so difficult and painful for human females to give birth? Researchers have developed a new theory: Evolution favored small female pelvises and large newborns for good reasons.

>And, the researchers said, the rise of cesarean sections — the surgical delivery of a baby — in recent decades may be contributing to an even bigger gap between the size of newborns and their mothers’ pelvises. In fact, the researchers estimate that the regular use of C-sections has led to a 10 to 20 percent increase in the gap between female pelvis width and babies’ size.

>But, the human female pelvis has remained small, despite evolution, the researchers said.

>“The dimensions of the infant head and shoulders are very close to and even exceed the dimensions of the mother’s birth canal in humans,” said Wenda Trevathan. She’s a professor emeritus of anthropology at New Mexico State University.

>“Labor contractions are probably painful for most mammals,” Trevathan said. “But, I think it’s safe to say that the long labor required to birth a human baby is more painful and difficult than the apparently shorter labors of other mammals, including apes.”

>In the new study, Mitteroecker and his colleagues created a mathematical model that they believe shows that evolution favored bigger babies because it helped the species survive. “Medical data show that larger newborns have higher survival rates and are less affected by several diseases,” he said.

>The authors of the new study estimate that the growth in cesarean sections over the last 60 years has actually affected evolution by making the gap between pelvic size and newborn size even larger.

>The study appears Dec. 5 in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

So natural birth are getting harder every generation and women have not evolved the child bearing hips needed to compensate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jFGNQScRNY
youtube.com/watch?v=VSV9S2Ol3bc
nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/cesarean/part1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did I think this was a baby taking a radical kayak ride?

Thats ok, soon we will be using artificial wombs anyway.

Were you born naturally or by C-section Sup Forums?

Well it's a pretty radical ride of some sorts or so I've heard..

>eventually a woman will no longer be able to give birth naturally
>something bad happens
>humanity dies out because women can't give birth anymore

fugg

We need to grow humans in vats.
That way the skull can be huge and the brain can be adequately developed before they're born.

So you're telling me it takes 60 years for something to change, evolutionary speaking
yeh sure

>>Why is it so difficult and painful for human females to give birth?
God cursed women with birth pains.

>not drilling the birth canal to squeeze out your large baby during conception
This is why Tyrone is more popular with sluts.

From the article:
>According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, cesarean surgeries have been around for hundreds of years, but in earlier times they were typically performed on dead or dying mothers in order to save the baby.

>that image

Your an idiot
We have science

>tfw to intelligent for natural birth

AWAKEN, MY MASTERS

Thank you, McDuff

>Obstetrical dilemma

Not after the dark age of technology we won't, heathen.

OR, get this, women are gaining more weight during pregnancy, there are more obese people than ever before to begin with, and they're making their babies fatter in the womb.

It has nothing to do with evolution. Its fucking obesity.

Holy shit this is retarded

Evolution takes hundreds of thousands of years

>it's an "entire media falls for meme broscience article" episode

>Men like to fuck small-waisted petite qts, petite qt genes get spread
>Big babies are heathier, survive infancy and spread their genes more
>Small framed qts forced to push out monster babies in hours of agonising childbirth

Women cucked by evolution yet again kek!

>civilization collapses
>humans are unable to reproduce because we require technology just to breed

That kind of thinking is short sighted and dangerous. If humans become too dependent on technology then we will be extremely fragile if there is a large-scale survival situation. We should not let ourselves become a species branded for extinction and only sustained by technology.

DAILY REMINDER THAT DOCTORS AT THE HOSPITAL WILL SEND YOUR WIFE OFF FOR A C SECTION JUST BECAUSE IT'S FASTER AND EASIER AND THAT YOU ARE KEKED AND DEGENERATE IF YOU GO TO A HOSPITAL TO DELIVER A CHILD, YOU CAN JUST DO IT IN THE TUB

>with birth so painful
because modern women are parred spolied brats who never had to do a hard days work in her life.
It used to be while men were slaving in the non-mech factory or farm, women were scrubbing the pans, washing clothes with a by hand with a wash board, cooking meals from hand, beating the dust out of rugs with wire rods, scurbing the floor on her knees.
now all that has been replaced by machines like vacumms, and dishwashers, cloth washers, etc.
the myth that men worked while women didn't is a myth, only the very upper class women didn't work.

youtube.com/watch?v=0jFGNQScRNY

We've removed a selection pressure in much the same way as the siberian fox experiment applied one. We're letting babies survive that otherwise would have never been born.

In ye olden times a c-section killed the mother but gave the baby a chance to live
But the alternative in a diffifcult birth was that both the mother and baby would die

Remember no anti-biotics at a minimum means that the wound from cutting her open is getting infected. Even if they survived blood loss and sowing all the organs back together (which wasn't going to happen) they'd die of sepsis.

Okay, so this is what I'm getting...

Babies are getting bigger, but women pelvises remain the same size?

What's the big deal if the larger babies have higher survival rates? More cesareans?

You fail to consider the huge number of humans on this planet. Humans will be fine.

I guarantee we will be sustained mostly if not only by technology within the next 30-40 years, automation is the future and it's going to be a scary future.

So humans will eventually become a race of big guys?

complications can happen and both of them can end up dead.

Probably this.
Gestational diabetes causes monster babies. Causes insulin levels to surge (because of insulin resistance), that acts as a strong anabolic hormone on the growing baby. Fat women get gestational diabetes.

It's changing because women have more variety of men to choose from and invariably prefer to get preggers by bigger guys.

C-section, my mother barely made it.
You do realize that c-section by itself doesn't affect evolution at all? The problem is that the baby survives. Which kinda what you want when you are a father/mother.
So unless you are willing to sacrifice your wife and child because muh evolution, please stop posting.

Thought that was a baby in a kayak in a helicopter spot light.

Me, my sister and my brother were all born naturally.

Humans won't evolve anymore. We've constructed a society that prevents natural selection.

Besides, the next evolution of humanity will be cybernetic or totally robotic in nature rather than organic. As a species we don't have many centuries left.

I have a 2 week old, our first one, and I gotta say I have a whole new respect for women after being in the room for the birth.

Eventually my old lady caved and got the epidural and it was pretty smooth sailing from that point, but the pain women go through is no joke.

The worst part about the whole thing was these creepy fucken doctors that kept coming in to check how dilated she was. Basically sitting there watching your woman get fingered is so fucked up...I guess I know how cucks feel lel

yeah this is bullshit, how can this shtit be real when most generations don't even have a tradition of c section? just because my mom got a c section doesn't mean my friend's vagina who isn't related to me will be small. we've literally been doing and perfecting this stuff for the past 60 years or less. get off with this pseudoscience shit.

this reminds me of that article saying that women absorbed the dna of every guy that cum inside of them and then pass it on to their children

Caesarian sections are fairly easy to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=VSV9S2Ol3bc

Why are C-Sections named after Julius Caesars son with Cleopatra?

did you know every gray hound dog is born with c-sections? so if humans die out, so do gray-hounds [breeders are scum that ruin every breed].
I don't care about humans, I only care about western civilization, and we would be the ones fucking ourselves, of course the other 6billion+ on the planet would be fine.

>human will be fine
Who cares about 'humans'?

White people, the most valuable genetic stock on earth, are fucked if we use technology as a reproductive crutch, and some sort of cataclysm happens.

We need to ensure that superior white genetics can outlive our ephemeral civilization. This idea of dependence on 'artificial wombs' is incredibly selfish and short sighted thinking.

>born by c-section
>born
Only natural birth people are born.
C-section people are removed.

Only natural birth people have BIRTHdays.
C-section people have REMOVALdays.

Cant wait for my next BIRTHday, i get as many blowjobs as i want.

>not lnowing bactioria passed from mother to child effects survival rates and bacteria get cucked in c-sections, which many researchers believe adds to the increase in things like allergies

I agree

>Were you born naturally or by C-section Sup Forums?
yes. because I didn't want to get out, they forced me into this fucking world.

C-Section, my mother was in her late 30's when she had me.

"I just wanted to wait until we were financially stable and had paid off all our student loan debt"

I'm having kids before 25 once I find the right woman.

They aren't, they're named after Caesar himself because he was born with one.

>humans wont evolve anymore

you are retarded

we have both

1. removed selective pressure for intelligence and self-preservation

2. removed selective pressure limiting head and brain size at birth

it will be a strange future

I'm going to force this genius meme from now on

that's how I was born. pic related is me as 5yo

under rated

Also, c-section people are parasites that would have died in the womb/killed the mother. Ban c-sections, remove these parasites from out midst.

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

I was like 4kg giga baby "The Destroyer of Pussies" so c-section was the only way

No, humans as a species have a ridiculously dangerous reproductive system compared to others, and always have. It's a combination of a structurally slapdash transference from quadruped to bipedal, and human babies needing gigantic heads in relation to the female birth canal.

It is actually a mystery to anthropologists why humans evolved such relatively giant brains in the first place, given all the hazards involved.

High blood sugar also leads to bugger babies.

Calling bullshit on this one

How the fuck does getting a c-section effect the child's genetics? Even if it did , how long has c-section been around as an official medical practice ?

The truth must be exposed.

Aliens.

It's not that far fetched. The Belgian Blue (pic related) has been around for only 200 years and it's nearly impossible for it to give birth without a C-section.

The original genetic mutation giving us that must have been one HELL of an advantage.

Also, the actual reason C-sections are becoming more common is because women are waiting until their 30's to have kids. 16-year-olds who get pregnant by Chad usually don't have much of a problem pushing it out.

C-section here.

I tried on my grandfathers old fedora and it didn't fit, it just rested on top of my head. It fits on my dad and on my mom, so my head must be HUGE. It's not natural.

>evolved such relatively giant brains in the first place, given all the hazards involved.
Ayy lamo intervention/fuckery?

Bigger, we arent fighting Enders Game

The bible talks about fisting and today it's looked at as something disgusting and perverted. I think it's time we start giving our ladies the 5 finger fucking again to get the baby's flowing.

Fuck, user. I came here to shitpost and laugh, not feel..

Evolution takes a really long time yes, what we are looking at are biological adaptations that pass over generations because C section babies are still fertile.
TLDR races that have had access to such medicinal practices for long times like white people will probably grow larger over time. Whites are per capita average nearly at african tier size

Yeah, but that's through EXTREMELY selective breeding guided by us.

Poodles didn't exist a few hundred years ago either. Human selection of traits can speed up evolutionary processes much more quickly than natural selection.

Cooked meat and agriculture in general

That's about how long we've had mega supermarkets for.

It's probably the food that's doing it, not the use of C-sections specifically.

4u

Second. Im going to push this meme at work.

Fake News!!

Live, at home, in this very room

>The bible talks about fisting
Sauce ?

I imagine interstellar colonization will kick human evolution into high gear. As it stands there are less evolved homo sapiens still walking around that still need to catch up with thousands of years of evolution

This isnt evolution. Its artificial selection.

God.
Humans are not animals, and any augument that doesn't inculde the touch of the divine and soul into account will be flawed. Same with psychology, you will never understand yourself with a purely naturalisim augument.

This model uses a LOT of assumptions.
Labor is dynamic and complex and trying to reduce fetal dimensions to a single value (as done in the paper) is not really appropriate and fails to account for an enormous number of other variables.
The authors are clear that they're not sure if the change is in babies or mothers or both.
This is totally theoretical and not really based on any gathered delivery data and as previously mentioned it's a prediction on what might happen.
Having said all that it's a reasonable premise and attempting to prove it using actual gathered data would be incredibly difficult to the point of being essentially impossible at present.
My own opinion: it's reasonable to consider that increasing the section rate will alter human physiology but I don't think this paper definitively proves anything.

Do you work prenatal?

Song of Solomon 5:2-4 It is the voice of my beloved! He knocks, saying, "Open for me, my sister, my love, My dove, my perfect one”…My love thrust his hand through the opening, and my feelings were stirred for him.

Technically we are in the kingdom animalia

>So natural birth are getting harder every generation and women have not evolved the child bearing hips

Stop impregnating skinny short boy body women you degenerates.

> buh buh buh thick is fat and fat people disgust me

Enjoy your genetics going straight down the tube. If your wife or girlfriend doesn't have hips almost as wide as her shoulders then you are wasting your time.

Oh lawdy.. this.. this sums up Sup Forums perfectly. Thank you.

C-sections, in some form or another, have been around for a long ass time, with references to the process dating back to Greek mythology:
>nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/cesarean/part1.html
Effects the child's genetics in the sense that women with hips too narrow to safely give birth can now give birth to children who will likely have narrow hips, and the cycle repeats.
Or at least that's what the study suggests.

this is definitely a possibility the way things are going, were tampering with things that shouldn't be tampered with.

((Technically))
stay bluepilled forever, the soul is a part of you and you will have to sqaure with that one day

why hasnet anyone shooped this baby into a wild river ridin a kayak yet

Fucking Shlomo man

In this day and age I thought wide hips were becoming more prevalent.
That fucking sucks, I want my child-bearing hips gf.

Anyone read Macbeth?

Those who are born via C section are NOT of woman born.

People like me can kill the king ig

T H I C C is an evolutionary advantage

Welll.. some women actually plan c-sections to avoid the pain of childbirth.

thats kind of what it is

There's very little humans

>practically the entirety of human history
>women push babies out of their cunts in the dirt and go on to do so multiple times
>20/21st century
>women give birth at a hospital surrounded by trained professionals and pumped full of painkillers to give birth in an alternative and unnatural way that literally harms the future and well-being of our entire species just for their own selfishness, personal gain, and vanity
Women were a mistake.