Why is the atheism red pill so hard to swallow?

Because religious (or irreligious) beliefs are really fundamental to one's identity and beliefs concerning the nature of reality and meaning of life.

Yet it only takes a week to go from "one race, human race" to "gas the kikes"

There's probably more atheist turned Christian on Sup Forums than the other way around recently.

Which is a good thing.

it isn't most of grew out of it being pushed on us

I was raised catholic become a teenager and an edgy cunt and told myself it was stupid then eventually after years of looking into different philosophies and political ideals felt myself drawn back to it

More atheist turned LARPer maybe

>drawn back in

Feels > reals

Like all blue pills, it's incredibly easy to swallow. That's why every redditor and numale has swallowed it

I was never an edgy teenager and believed (raised protestant) until I was about 25 years old. It just didn't make any sense. I never really questioned my beliefs until that time. Looked into Catholicism, other philosophies (Buddhism, Jainism, NEVER ISLAM), but they didn't make much sense to me either. I guess it's just a subjective view of the world which guides ones path.

you feel that its stupid and you base your feelings on information you have attained through direct and indirect experience

its ok, that's how I base my judgements too

the koran is pretty shit as a book, its very repetitive and doesn't have the fun stories that the bible has

I've read it, but never considered it to be an option. I agree, it's a shit book.

it doesn't make sense
none of this does, that's what drives the quest for knowledge
people look into different things while looking for the same answers

what the fuck is going on and why

Because religion often gets you when you're young and super impressionable. When you establish something as an indisputable fact that young, it's really hard to let go of it.

I actually had a thought about this today though. Thoughts can be instinctual right? So what if generations of people believing in God embedded itself in the brains descendants?

nice argument you got there tyrone

No, I simply don't believe baseless claims.

Nice projecting though

The bible is the best of all religious books. It has the most content and is more in depth than all others. The problem with protestantism is that it takes it too literally and so becomes a bit silly. Catholicism and orthodoxy and Christianity without as much bible literalism so they can be good for that.

If you're looking for only philosophy with no religion I would recommend reading up on stoicism to you. Christianity is heavily based on stoicism so a lot of it will already make sense to you and most likely be how you think already if that's how you're raised, without the religious parts.

Dunno man, many including myself feel that way. To be honest, I'm ok with not knowing though. I understand others may not feel that way, but for me it's ok. One doesn't really know until death, so for now we just have to use our deductive reasoning to try to get as close as we can to what's true.

also by the same answers
I feel that different cultures find different ways to express an idea that in the end faith is the only root of their conclusion

we are all part of gods will
we are all one with the earth and the heavens
we are made from stardust

thanks, I do my best to try and emphasis my beliefs when I write

>quoting russell brand.

you lose sir! good day

>doesnt believe baseless claims
>reality always existed
>not baseless

lol this is why you faggots will never be taken seriously here

Joking right?

I'm ok with not knowing too but it is "enlightening" to try and figure some of this out even if its just a way to rationalize my own existence

It's the Satanic blue pill. Literally level 0 on the road to beastiality and ass fucking.

Of course God is real.

Just not the human God.

t. Ayy lmao

>So what if generations of people believing in God embedded itself in the brains descendants?

There has never in all of history been a civilization thst did not develop some form of religion. Religion is pretty clearly hardwired into human brains.

That's understandable, and agree. I don't mean by I'm ok with not knowing that I've simply given up on trying to figure it out, but rather I'm at peace with the idea that even if I don't in the end come up with some type of conclusion.

I have no idea how long reality has existed or if that is even a meaningful question given the relative nature of time.

What the fuck is your problem?

The thing is, if you step outside the typical you tend to see and experience all sort of freaky shit, whatever you believe or 'know' to be true. Finding Christ, or him finding me, ended up with the world making far more sense than it had before, and explains far more than Atheism allows for. I let him in, and it's been the greatest gift I could ever accept, and never earn.

If you doubt it or think it vain superstition, why not take a risk. If you genuine seek truth, just take a chance and earnestly pray. No particular prayer, though the Lords prayer is a good start. What's the worst that could happen?

Same can be said of flat earth, doesn't make it correct

>implying not meaningful
hahahahhaahahhahahahahaha

>muh emotions
kill yourself faggot

I read Ravi's book, "Jesus among other Gods" and found it be more assumptions on personal views of Jesus vs. other faiths. I understand that it makes sense to some, but it just didn't seem to hit any logic for me......to each their own.

Dumb quote.

Case 1: evil exists with a God, but God can't exist with because of the problem of evil.

Case 2: Good and evil are relative like beauty, there is no God

Case 1 is a contradiction, case 2 is not. It's the godfags that claim there is objective evil

Learn English, you literal nigger

Explain how believing in one specific brand of magic and the supernatural, while acknowledging that all others are false and impossible, and admitting that that belief is based more (if not entirely) on faith than actual evidence isn't a blue pill, but atheism is.

I understand that lots of numales, edgy contrarian kids, and obnoxious faggots subscribe to atheism, but that's not really an argument. Lots of stupid and unpleasant people are religious too.

Trinidad and Tobago, amirite?

I think the presumed positioning of atheists and theists are against each other and at opposite ends of some spectrum is sort of false. they overlap most of the time.
the idea of there not being a greater will/a divine principle to the universe is a common thought with in theistic peoples minds, if there was proof it wouldn't be called faith.
on the same level I think atheists at least occasionally feel that they have a purpose or destiny to their self or the universe.
I don't like the idea of it being played out as if we're all at odds with one another.

I'm agnostic I guess but my upbringing dictates that I interpret things in a somewhat "catholic" way, but that's just a psychological principle. we are what we are because of our experience.
I like Lawrence Krauss and his almost religious ideals of us all being interconnected and we are as old as the universe and I don't think that is in contradiction to my faith
but anyway
hope you enjoyed my blog

haha no worries m8, it's good to talk with someone not shitposting on Pol from all angles from time to time. Good talk.

What? I honestly don't know what this post means. You're saying there's never been a human society that didn't believe in flat earth? Because that's blatantly false

>I'm agnostic

I wish you idiots would stop pretending Agnosticism is a middle-man/mutually-exclusive.

Just fucking own your Atheism -- which you most-likely are -- instead of hiding behind the veil of Agnosticism to cushion the blow.

You're an Agnostic Atheist, most-likely. Just accept it and own it instead of frolicking around it.

Unlikely. I'm atheist but I'll larp as a Christian against Mudslimes and fedora wearing "Atheist+" faggots just to piss on them. Christianity has a lot of issues in my opinion, but I'll take Christians over Mudslimes and Nihilistic Atheists any day. Pol has done nothing to change my opinion on the existence of God however. In fact, I've seen more evidence for Kek than I have seen evidence for God, despite all my efforts to find him in my youth.

>atheists at least occasionally feel that they have a purpose or destiny to their self or the universe

I invent my own purpose.

I think what he was referring to is that before we know the earth as a spherical object, almost all civilizations thought the earth to be flat. He can correct me if I'm wrong on summarizing that.

>If you doubt it or think it vain superstition, why not take a risk. If you genuine seek truth, just take a chance and earnestly pray. No particular prayer, though the Lords prayer is a good start. What's the worst that could happen?

What if you grew up believing and genuinely praying? I stopped believing because I didn't feel any presence or connection to God, and realized that when I really examined what I was doing was really superstitious.

i'm catholic but I don't see eye to eye with the church, so I guess I'm agnostic

its just a word, you get what the fuck i'm on about.

Atheism is not a red pill. Atheism is the reason SJW's exist. It's the reason society is having faggotry, trannies, feminism and all other types of degeneracy shoved down its collective throat. Atheism is destroying the moral fiber of society.

I don't believe in God in a religious sense myself, but it's foolish to believe that a complex society can function without religion. People need moral guidance, and atheism/science is not a replacement. A society where everyone makes up their own rules as they go is a society that's doomed to fail - and that's where we are right now.

Flat earth is the primitive, naive conclusion that is reached from basic observation. The Greeks were the first ones to suspect it is a sphere from more careful observations of boats and shadows

the image assumes prayer and reflection on unanswered prayers isn't useful. It's a destructive analysis of a meditative, construcive act (prayer). that can be extremely valuable and help internalize patterns of behavior by externalizing yourself as the protagonist of a story that has played out, with the protagonist overtly revealing his intentions through an appeal to a higher wisdom.

This and seeing all of the suffering in the world is what tipped me over the edge.

addressing the picture:
Regardless of gods plan, god has agency to change his plan (otherwise he would be imperfect and therefore not 'god' as he would be contingent to a higher force more perfect and necessary to create him which would also inherit agency)

God created men for a purpose (Gods will for man)
God observes man, is omnipotent so listens to all of mans requests and knows all his desires instantly and all the time in real time for everyone.
Humans can negotiate with god (God has agency and choice to listen to the requests of man)

Also prayer provides comfort to people. Most religious persons feel very "at home" with their belief in god. As he is experienced personally, it is satisfying and fulfilling to think and relate to. Prayer in many ways brings these anchors to the trouble situation.

Its been a while since i have seen someone bring up the problem of evil here. Gonna be a good discussion, its imo the only argument atheists have considering the teleological (first cause) argument's strength.

The problem of relativism and naturalism is the inherent fatalism and nihilism that betrays the spirit of man and does not protect his agency (which is known to result in more evil behavior). So even by relative standards, it is wrong to believe in relativism/nihilism.

hahaha its like watching reddit suck eachothers cock in real time! pathetic.

Well if it isn't the shitskin pot calling the shitskin kettle back.

Nihilism is destroying the fiber of society. Nihilism can be a result of runaway atheism I will admit, but atheism is just a state of disbelief, it is up to the individual and/or society to choose where to go after that. With higher learning dominated by kike propaganda we have individuals living lives without purpose or meaning beyond consumption and excess of the moment.

>Atheists have birthrates below replacement rate
>Atheists overwhelmingly support liberal candidates
>Atheists have an entirely materialistic world view by definition
>Atheists believe morality is entirely subjective by definition
>Atheists therefore are the ones pushing Transgender ism and homosexuakity
>Atheists try to abolish tradition of their countries
>Atheists are hedonistic by definition

All blue pill.

>religious birthrate above replacement
>religious are more conservative
>religious are by definition less materialistic since they believe in a spiritual world
>religious believe in absolute morality
>religion is a key part of a countries culture and tradition
>religious are conecnered with healthy families and traditional values

Traditionalist family values vs hedonistic materialism with no absolute morality to defend against degeneracy.

It is literally the archetype of red vs blue pill, just look at the stereotypes of each. Stereotypical christian in America is a gun toting conservative racist, stereotypical athiest is a dyed hair university fedora carrying a rainbow flag

>>you iz a redditorz!
*scoff* it was just a joke dark chocolate.

As for the meat of your post, I agree prayer can comfort people. That' fine, but I personally don't see any reason to feel that it makes a difference from my personal experiences. Don't want to blog, so I'll keep this response short.

from purposeless physical matter?
>Atheist M A G I C

So? This is a non sequitur to what I said.

>it's foolish to believe that a complex society can function without religion.

RIP China and Japan

this was meant for

That's not how you spell bluepill

>teleological (first cause)
I think you mean the cosmological argument. That's the first cause argument (all things have a cause therefore the universe has a cause and we call that cause God). The teleological argument is the intelligent design/watchmaker/fine-tuned universe/etc argument and it's the weaker of the two IMO.

> A society where everyone makes up their own rules as they go is a society that's doomed to fail
That's why we let desert goat herders from 2000 years ago make all the rules, amirite?

Spot on, leaf

Yes. I also give names to my once nameless children.

Seriously, what is your problem, literal nigger?

All primitive people invented religions and believed flat earth. I'm just saying that just because everyone innately believes it doesn't make it true

>Regardless of gods plan, god has agency to change his plan (otherwise he would be imperfect and therefore not 'god' as he would be contingent to a higher force more perfect and necessary to create him which would also inherit agency)
If God changed his 'perfect' plan this would imply that he was imperfect, which is a contradiction.

on the subject of prayer, I think, and have other people (clergy), say that prayer is just meditation

its not transcendental because there isn't a whole breathing patterns thing associated with it but I can see the similarities

>Atheism is the reason SJW's exist.
Marxism is the reason SJW's exist. The Marxists may push atheism because it appeals to retards who will use it as an excuse to justify their shitty behavior, but atheism itself isn't to blame in my opinion. Hell, if the degenerates I've met that claim to be Christians are any indication, shitty people are just shitty people regardless of what they claim to believe.
>it's foolish to believe that a complex society can function without religion. People need moral guidance, and atheism/science is not a replacement.

I think that only stupid people (and I mean really fucking stupid because I'm by no means a genius) need religion to provide them with a morality. But I guess there are a lot of really stupid people in the world. I still want to disagree with your sentiment because a country like Japan manages to be orderly and law abiding as fuck (social and sexual degeneracy withstanding) and their religions, especially Shinto, weren't that big on morality preaching.

You mean Kek, who will show himself right now?

>China has incredibly fast growing christian population
>implying Japan has no religion

RIP USSR and maoist China actually

I'm afraid as I didn't I have no answers there. All I can tell you is that keeping in mind there is a divine plan for all the world, and I'm but one being in that, helps me keep perspective for my problems. I was never promised an easy ride in this life, and yet I have many blessings to be thankful for.

I do often feel my prayers go unanswered, but that isn't hard to reconcile, considering most of them are vain. In times of real trouble, the Lord always provides me with comfort or outright aid. Not always as I'd like, but clear enough in the aftermath.

He isn't my personal genie. He is the Sovereign Lord.

because its blue pill actually

>muh argumentum ad populum

PRAISE KEK

>I'm just saying that just because everyone innately believes it doesn't make it true

I never said it does make it true, that's why it's a non sequitur

Because its the ultimate bluepill. All men know God exists and they suppress this knowledge with wickedness being self-deceived. Its why atheists always chimp out when you mention God.

I could see it being more of a spiritual meditation thing rather than transcendental to make more sense of it.

>incredibly fast

Lol, what's growing incredibly fast is China's gdp with a >90% atheist population (something you claim impossible)

When they're the rules that spawned the most successful societies the world has ever seen, yes

woops, you are right, i did, i got that shit mixed up last thread too. Definitely the weaker of the two, though to me all of them interact in important ways depending on the type of question

Not an argument.

>muh feels

Look up how fast Christianity is growing in China, it sounds like you'll be surprised.

I claimed you can't grow a gdp with atheism? Holy fuck you are pathetic. Making things up in a thread where you can literally see everything I posted

Remember that immigration and open borders increases gdp too please goyim.

Meditation is fine, you spastic.

Pic related

Still waiting for good argument for the existance of God.
Start arguing at any time.

>Yes. I also give names to my once nameless children.
>naming is equivalent to the ontology of purpose

perhaps on a poetic level but absolutely not.

Because the average atheist is an annoying egomaniac and nobody wants to be associated with those insufferable faggots

>Not an argument.

I'm quite aware suggesting philosophy to read up on to someone I think would enjoy it is not an argumen . What the fuck is wrong with you people

>tripfag leaf

at least im not an autist cuck

funny, just got me thinking about one of the priests I used to talk with (my grandmother works at the parish and I used to do bible study with him).
he is a priest for 6 months of a year and the other half he goes to china and is a corporate lawyer for businesses. I asked him if how he can do it, I asked if he feels conflicted by lying etc because that's what I thought lawyers did at the time and he said no he just words his arguments in an appropriate way.
its pretty awesome how multi faceted and multi dimensional people are and how hey rationalize their actions.
btw he is a beautiful person, one of the most caring and charismatic guys I know

Christianity growing in China doesn't mean that China and Japan haven't been Atheistic throughout their history. I understand where you're attempting to come from, but your original argument was that "no complex society can function without religion", albeit those two have functioned fairly well for some time with a majority of people holding somewhat atheistic views.

>Its why atheists always chimp out when you mention God.
If an atheist didn't chimp out when you mentioned God, would you know they were an atheist?

>Nihilism is destroying the fiber of society
Therefore God

u wot m8

>there is a divine plan for all the world, and I'm but one being in that, helps me keep perspective for my problems.

This is another one of those things that confuses me. As I understand it, what separates humanity from the angels is that we have "free will", and yet at the same time there's also some kind of divine plan at work. Would not our lives all being charted and playing out based on the immutable plan of an omniscient God mean that we don't have wills of our own, and are only doing what He planned for us to do?

>I do often feel my prayers go unanswered, but that isn't hard to reconcile, considering most of them are vain....He isn't my personal genie. He is the Sovereign Lord.

I get this and thought such things myself, but it doesn't really cover my concerns. When I say I don't feel a connection to God via my prayers, I don't just mean that I don't get what I ask for. I mean that when I pray, even when I'm just giving thanks for saying the Lord's Prayer and not asking for things, I feel as though I'm just thinking/talking to myself. No presence, comfort, or feeling that I'm doing the right thing. Nothing at all.

>In times of real trouble, the Lord always provides me with comfort or outright aid. Not always as I'd like, but clear enough in the aftermath.

That seems like rationalization to me. No offense intended.

I don't see how one can be an atheist and not a nihilist. Atheism rejects all forms of spiritualism and non-scientific belief systems. Nihilism is the only logical conclusion (that includes giving your own meaning to life).

>Marxism is the reason SJW's exist. The Marxists may push atheism because it appeals to retards who will use it as an excuse to justify their shitty behavior, but atheism itself isn't to blame in my opinion.
Atheism is an integral part of forcing Marxism on society. That's why every communist state has been so militant in regards to destroying religions and traditional moral belief systems. Destroy a people's faith and you can easily control them.

>I think that only stupid people (and I mean really fucking stupid because I'm by no means a genius) need religion to provide them with a morality.
I disagree. There are many smart people who are full on LGBT, pro-gay marriage and so on. Even average people are simply incapable of defending their natural "bigoted" and "phobic" views against basic criticism (e.g. "it's not hurting u bro u just h8 what's different"). The reason things like gay marriage, abortion and so on are immoral is quite complex, and it takes the wisdom of ancient texts written by some of the greatest minds in history to truly understand why.

>As of 2010, China had an estimated 68 million Christians and 701 million unaffiliated people. Due primarily to differences in the age and sex composition of these initial populations, in the main projection scenario – which does not attempt to model religious switching – China’s Christian population is expected to grow slightly by 2050, to 71 million, while the unaffiliated population is expected to decline to 663 million.

>China and Japan haven't been Atheistic throughout their history.
They haven't you retard. China turned atheist when Mao killed more people than any other dictator on earth and forcefully abolished religion, and Christianity has been exploding there ever since Mao's society failed. Japan has always had religion as well.

>your original argument was that "no complex society can function without religion"
No, I literally never argued that, even though it's true . Can you even have an argument without making up what your opponent is saying?

>atheism rejects all forms of spiritualism and non-scientific belief systems
you say that like its a good thing

even newton, heisenberg and einstein believed in god

>I think atheists at least occasionally feel that they have a purpose or destiny to their self or the universe

No. I never think this. It's not rational, and the parts of my brain that would make me feel this way strongly, like my left temporal lobe, are not overactive. Therefore I experience neither anecdotal evidence for innate purpose nor have I found deductive proof of innate purpose.

So I literally never have this thought. Good job projecting tho.

>thing have an innate purpose

Prove it

As far as I can tell, I can assign names and purposes to objects arbitrarily. Right now I'm using a book to hold up my monitor.