What's the best denomination of Christianity?

I've recently turned back to Jesus as I've gotten older and I wanted to start a discussion on the different christian denominations.

If you're a christian, which denomination do you belong to. If you choose to not belong to ANY of them why?

Well I recommend a Reformed denomination try the Orthodox Presbyterian Church or the Presbyterian Church of America.

There are some conservative Anglican/Episcopal churches in the ACNA. They broke off from the liberal PECUSA.

I'm Anglican myself.

Here is a list of things you should seek out:

- Do they allow women to preach from the pulpit?
- Is their worship service a rock band or concert?
- Are the elders or is the priest/pastor an evolutionist?
- Do they hold to the traditional authorship of books of the Bible (that is do they believe Moses wrote the first 5 books, John wrote the gospel of John, Paul wrotes the catholic epistles; i.e. Ephesians, 1 & 2 Thessalonians)
- Do they think homosexuality is not a sin and thus are accepting of SSM

So tell me OP do you feel you have believed and repented of your sin or are you entirely new to Christianity?

Non denominational

These tend to be the worst. You have no consistent teaching and they tend to be crazy fundamentalists (I wear that as a badge of honour) and really anti-intellectual.

I was raised a christian as a child but strayed away from Christ in high school. I lost my way and fell into drugs and darkness. Now in my mid 20s I've found a new passion or longing to know the Lord again.

I repented and accepted the Lord as my savior as a child but I have not yet officially done it against recently since I started believing again.

I don't believe in the worship of Mary. That's my biggest gripe or requirement in a denomination. Was leaning Protestant or Lutheran.

Thoughts?

>What's the best denomination of Christianity?
There's no best kind of shit. It's just shit.
>I've recently turned back to Jesus
Why? Did you catch a case of retard?

This would be /thread, but if you feel like going to any church to live christianity in society, the one you make good friends.

Orthodox. It's the original

m8, the only acceptables ones are Catholic or Orthodox. Forget about protestants as they have sown the seeds of their own destruction.

That's a meme. Both Orthodox and Catholic focus on different things. One is not more original than the other. They split. The split was not like Protestants vs Catholics where Protestants clearly defined themselves in opposition to Catholics.

>Christianity
>best

It's all Jewish shit m8.

Mary worship occurs in false unregenerate churches like the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches.

> Was leaning Protestant or Lutheran.
Lutherans are Protestants.

Protestants hold to:

- Scripture as the final authority that settles all disputes and matters on doctrine. (Sola Scriptura) Instead of having a pope who presides over a church.

- Faith alone justifies us and it is not through our works that we are made righteous (Sola Fide)

- Through grace we are saved. Only be God's grace do we turn to God in repentance and it's His grace that brings to Him. (Sola Gratia)

- Only through Christ are we saved. He was the final sacrifice for our sins who saved us perfectly and completely. It's faith in His saving work that will save us from Hell. (Solus Christus)

- God saves unconverted wretches like us all to His glory and our salvation is a testament to His mercy and love. We would have never sought God had it not been for Him reaching out to us (Soli Deo Glory - Glory to God alone)

I however disagree with Lutherans on predestination, infant baptism (They believe infant baptism washes away sin which contradicts with sola fide which says we are not justified by works and baptism is a work I believe infant baptism represents a child entering the covenant community) and they say salvation can be lost.

However if you do go Lutheran go to a Lutheran Church Missouri Synod church or Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod church.

I would suggest Presbyterian but as long as they preach a gospel of faith and sincere repentance.

Orthodoxy.

Calvary churches go through the bible verse by verse. I dig it because there is a focus on the history and context of why things were the way they were. Not so big on the pomp and circumstance ala the Caths. Obigatory "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

John 8:37-46

37 “I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 38 I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with[a] your father.”

39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

Much like the heretical group of Jesus's day called the Pharisees the Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic churches justify their heresies by appealing to their historical ties to the apostles.

Funny enough Anglicans and Lutherans can make a similar claim but regardless apostolic succession although neat is not taught as a biblical doctrine.

>anti-intellectual
C'mon man, Freeman Dyson and some of the most brilliant minds of western civilization are/were non-denominational christians (^:

wow familam...bored or just fresh outta puppies to stomp on?

Gnosticism /thread

>Be Roman.
>Religion be dying
>Need new one to keep morale up.
>Make a hybrid religion from the religion the jew slaves had.
>Make perfect religion.
>Jews start corrupting it with child slaves and orgies.
>The end was near, yet we allowed them to live and breed.
>fastforward 2000 years
>Whites are going to die like the jews did in massive amounts for thousands of years.

Mfw, when we became the jew.

Not sure Orthodox seems based but i never been to one of their churches. I don't go to church anymore but i grew up in a Pentecostal church and it turned me atheist in my edgy teen years and even as an adult i don't believe their bullshit.

I find the best Christians are Christian Universalists they seem to have their shit together unlike some of the other shit i have seen. But not all Universalisim is the same some of it is very new ageish and non Christian.

ive never gone to church, though i probably should. but i read the bible vigorously, prayed alot and watched lots of televangelists, though i had my in and out moments. grew up in a half atheist half lipservice christian family and have lived around atheists so long that i actually feel uncomfortable around christians. i usually spin their heads with doctrine and dont hear from them again.

my main issue is that the gospel has become so adapted to women and children. no discipline, no judgement, no justice, no hellfire, just love and forgiveness and lollipops and rainbows and googoogaga jesus loves you.
my other issue is the church adapting to secular culture in a pathetic attempt to remain relevant and not sticking to biblical mandates.

so im fine with where im at. ive definitely seen God work in my life to the point where im shocked, and ive found two bastions of masculine preaching, david pawson and mike murdock, which keep me on course.

so my advice would be to first love God and pray to him constantly, second read the bible, and then find a source of preaching that has teeth behind it and not some watered-down loveydubby bullcrap

I'm Christian. I come from a Southern Baptist background but the more I've prayed, read and researched, the less I want to be associated with the Baptists.
I'm kind of on the fence right now leaning heavily towards the Greek Orthodox Church but I'm iffy about, Sola Scriptura and Theosis so I'm also strongly considering Lutheranism (LCMS or WELS) and to a lesser degree, Orthodox Presbyterian.
The shit part about the whole thing is the closest Greek Orthodox church is about an hour away, and the others are at least a day's trip. I bought my house about a year ago so I'm kind of stuck here - plus my wife believes that the Eastern Orthodox Church are heretics who no longer worship Christ.

I kind of want to outlaw homosexuality and feminism because they've driven out or infiltrated any church in the area that I could possibly consider.

be careful not to fall into churchianity. one of satans favorite tools of deception is religion. it his first line of defense against someone who has moved out of atheism and began inquiring about God. A church does not draw men to God. a man is drawn to God first and the assembling of these individuals drawn to God create the church.

Baptist.

Lutherans

Non-denominational bible church is best. One that has "bible" in the name.

Look into the Orthodox Church and TradCat and then pick one. These are basically only two worth considering.

I prefer the non denominational angle.

Ding ding ding, we have a correct answer. I would have also accepted coptic.

But yeah the apostolic churches are the only proper ones worth considering as they carry on the tradition of the spoken word rather than accidentally creating errors through sola scriptura

Just keep in mind it's a total mixed bag. Read their statement of faith online to see if they emphasize adherence to scripture.

How are we this far in and no Mormons trying to pitch their booty cult of giant American precolonial cities?

Here's the dilemma.

I'm not wise enough to interpret all of the scriptures.
Every denomination says their interpretations of the scriptures are correct.
Said interpretations COMPLETELY contradict one another. Therefore I must find the true church. The Orthodox and Lutherans have the best claim to it and the Orthodox Presbyterians make the most sense by how I PERSONALLY understand the scriptures.

Because in current year, even Momons don't actually believe their own bullshit.

>creating errors through sola scriptura

...because allowing transient human opinion to carry the same weight as the word of God doesn't create error

Whites that believe in any sand nigger religion are a disgrace to their ancestors. Literally getting cucked daily by the sand deity.

This.

Can you actually show me where the Bible references sola scriptura?
The Bible wasn't even written in the days of the Bible. Wasn't it transient human opinions who determined what did and did not make it into the Bible?

Well, I think it's easier these days to start with which ones to stear clear of

Ones that opnely allow or accept homosexuality have clearly been breached by Satan and must be avoided at all costs

Looking at you prottys! for one

The books of the bible were decided by who the author had direct contact with.
The author had to have had direct contact with God, (ie, Moses, Joshua) known and hung around with Jesus, (The disciples) or have direct contact with someone that did hang around Jesus.

Join the original true church the Catholic Church the one founded by Jesus himself not by some heretic

But who determines how accurate even that is.
For the sake of argument, let's just say that the Gnostic Gospels of Thomas and Judas Iscariot had all of the prerequisites of at least 2nd Corinthians; do you think they would have made it into the Bible we know today?

if your heart truly desires to understand, and it is something you pursue earnestly, it will be revealed to you. Pray for understanding in this circumstance, not as some miracle, but as a simple gift from God which he will give generously and easily.

If it is something you want to know as some sort of hobby to appease your intellectual curiosity then dont bother.

i personally have found squabbling over a concrete theological dogma to be a worthless endeavor and a great waste of time. it is the curse of the greeks to find some perfect intellectual axiom by which we may then begin to be christian.

yet the nature of God is beyond our comprehension. so it is foolish to attempt be as wise as God, but it is wise to attempt to follow the instructions God has left for us to the best of our ability.

for it takes no effort to modify our intellectual beliefs, but it takes the utmost effort to modify our sinful behavior

by constantly squabbling over theology, we only continually stir the concrete so that it never settles and becomes a firm foundation on which we can build our palace.

Baptists for sure. Only denomination I've found with no heresies. Avoid the Southern Baptists like the plague unless you're into Confederacy LARPing, though.

What about a St.Paul church? It was pretty comfy and we once had a female that was really smart (not meme-ing)

Also forgot to mention it's a St.Paul UCC

what do you guys think about Moravian? I'm torn between the two.

major backslider here. how do i learn to actually wanting to want to follow the Lord, ive gotten to the point where im starting to not care and i know thats a really bad position. have moments where i break down but it feels good and ask for forgiveness but withen a short time i fall into old habits

None there all shit.

That actually does help out a lot. When I had the realization that I wanted to go to Heaven (rather than NOT wanting to go to Hell), it really shifted my view on my salvation itself. Combine that with my ability to overthink and obsess anything that I consider even slightly important and you have a man who, for the last year has the most patient wife in the country.

force through the sinful mind with prayer. your mind will convict you of sin, it will tell you God wants nothing to do with you, it will distract you and subdue you. Pray anyway. first with praise, then with requests. Though your mind will fight against you from every angle, PRAY relentlessly!

force through the sinful body with works. Sacrifice with tithes of your money. Listen for anyone in distress and solve any problems you are capable of solving, from the least to the greatest. Take no glory for your deeds, request no repayment, but give the glory to God for your good deeds openly.

Ask the Lord for instruction, and listen earnestly, without doubt or skepticism

thank you, that sounds like a good plan