The Sudetenland

Was Germany justified in taking the Sudetenland from Czechoslovakia in 1938, Sup Forums? And was the subsequent removal of German populatian in 45 justified? Did Hitler really do nothing wrong?

While you're here, help me with some research? There's a rare Pepe too.
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzelXjgin8hLToQ3r_LmNLCN8reE1taJsNPi2ZYXGnioDaeA/viewform

Bump, are all the krauts asleep?

>tfw grand grandmother was German and lived in Sudetes
After war she was moved to the inland and ended up being pretty poor while her relatives that were moved to the West Germany are rich af

Well, at least your sister won't get raped and thrown in a river.

Define justified

who cares bc all their capital will be inherited by arabs

Hitler did lots of things wrong.

Just the one thing that most people claim he did wrong wasn't wrong at all, if it indeed happened.

If it was the best course of actions they could take. Instead of, say, trying to gain Bohemia as an ally as opposed to supporting wannabe german separatism and terrorism.

But was the Sudetenland shit one of the things he did wrong?
I don't suppose he liked the occupation of Ruhr in 1923 when the Frogs wanted to get to Germany's industry. Yet he did that in Czechoslovakia. Or was it Czechoslovakia's fault to give it up that easy without going all medieval on the local germans' asses?

Kek, I guess you're right

didnt Czechoslovakia not even want it int he first place, but France more or less insisted they take it aftwr ww1? France just wanted to fuck over Germany as much as possible

yes
yes (depending who you ask) but you can't then claim "hurr we iz the real goodies and they are the evil racist genocidal maniacs
no, he lost.

The Anchluss and Sudetenland were perfectly reasonable.

In fact, recovering Danzig and majority Germany areas in the Polish corridoor was also an entirely reasonable goal.

The problem was that Hitler proved he couldn't be trusted by moving in on the rest of Czechoslovakia in direct violation of the Munich treaty. Maybe if he had made efforts to recover Danzig/Polish territories first the allies would have agreed to it again, but they wouldn't entertain him after he broke the Munich pact because he would obviously just do the same thing again with Poland.

Also Hitler was intent on war anyway. He was prepared to go to war over the Sudetenland but was talked out of it by his handlers.

>Was Germany justified in taking the Sudetenland from Czechoslovakia in 1938, Sup Forums?
no
>And was the subsequent removal of German populatian in 45 justified?
yes
>Did Hitler really do nothing wrong?
He did everything wrong.

Yes No Yes

The German/Czech border is literally the top of a mountain range, so having the territory is natural. Also, it would be completely retarded not to want it, as most of our industry was located there.

Also, unlike Danzig, which was a rightful part of Germany, Sudetenland wasn't. Some parts of it were disputed in the middle ages but they were originally parts of Bohemia. They just hade majority "German" population, but desu many of those were just Czechs that didn't feel like starting to speak Czech again after the national revival.

Two wrongs don't make a right

but two minuses make a plus?

which champion should i masturbate to?

>ftw to smart to reply to this post

Do 2 retarded autistic feminists equal a normal person?

You are rightful German clay and Hitler did nothing wrong

>Did Hitler really do nothing wrong?
Yes! Yes he really did nothing wrong.

using the same logic, yes

Only if you multiply them.
You should know something about ahmeds multiplying.

Because you preaching nonces refused to give us a real military alliance, how tje fuck else were we, a country in total ruins, supposed to deal with an overpowered germany

My Grandmother was born in Sudetenland and "removed" in the 40s.
Embarrassingly enough, I don't actually know if it is/was a rightful German claim.
Pls redpill me, Fampais

Bump for good discussion

>And was the subsequent removal of German population in 45 justified?
yes

Will we stop being rightful German clay in about a 100 years or will we just become rightful Turkish clay? :^)

Maybe it was. But maybe those "Germans" living there were untermensh too mixed with the filthy slavs and should have been gassed?
Who knows, but they are better off in the west now anyway :))

Makes the borders look ugly as fuck

so no

After the European civil war following the German election in 2017 you'll be a part of the fourth German Empire

> Who knows, but they are better off in the west now anyway
Aparently they are.
Every time I visit my grandmother (lives 2km from the czech border now) I take a ride over the border to buy cigarettes and I am always impressed by how shitty the roads, houses and every thing get as soon as you cross the border.
However I am still not sure if this is piece of land actually belongs to Germany or not.

If you agree that Russia was legitimized in taking over Crimea and supporting the Donbass secession, then you must also agree that Hitler's pangermanist annexations were also legitimate. It's the logical consequence of accepting the concept of ethnostates.

If Germany took Austria and Sudentenland, and not start WWII, they'd be in the right.

+ the land grab for Germans, was completely unnecessary.

If the Nazi regime instead waged economic warfare, Germany today could have been a true reich

But according to /pol that never happened.WW2 is a fictitious event created by the Jews to dehumanize Hitler.A fake war created solely under the pretense to create a story of Jewish genocide in order to install cultural marxism in Europe.
Hitler was a great man that wanted to bring the white race closer to Jesus

Complete bullocks. After germany had lost WW1 the french, polish and the czech simply annexed german territory and the population on it, as they couldn't defend themselves.

The Sudetenland was largely german, although germans and czech intermixed there a lot. However, the mainly german regions were also full of heavy industry, which was extremely desirable for the czech to have.

Germans, Austrians and Czech actually agreed on splitting the region according to the culture of the population, but the czech simply ignored the treaty and stationed troops in the german region, effectively breaking the treaty of versaille, just like the french and the polish.

And now they all come with their historical revisionism and pretend they haven't been breaking contract over contract over contract again and again effectively waging a war against germany without officially declaring it, because they thought germany would never recover and fight back. Guess how that worked out.

>WW2 is a fictitious event
No one has claimed that you stupid faggot.
The holy cost is the denied event.

it was wrong but only because it made the borders look ugly

Do i get special priviledges for having a Bavarian surname?

That's what the communsts and marxist do to you. I fear you'll have to see for yourself in the bongland too, familia.
And no, that land doesn't belong to Germany, not anymore anyway.

No and neither was Gdansk

I think it's more right to kick people out than annex towns where you have majority population, otherwise it would be perfectly justified for Turkey to start annexing parts of Germany.

I was actually blaming the kind of politics that lead to this fucked up situation.

We just took our rightful clay, regardless of who lived there, matey :))

Well, the area lost about 3 million inhabitants with the germans being removed. There's still a lot of empty houses and getting worse as lot of people move into cities and towns. The Sudets are basically a meme now in the CZ for how shitty they are. So you're right.
I live in southern Bohemia and the roads here are comfy for the most part.

>Was Germany justified in taking the Sudetenland from Czechoslovakia in 1938
No. Czechia was mildly sympathetic to Germany at that time, even after Hitler came to power.

No. These people hadn't any part in anything.

A pretty sad part of our history. Czechs and Germans are one of the few people who can live together quite well. Maybe the only example of multikulturalism somewhat working.
However, I often think Germany should try to strengthen Czechias independence and autonomy. In the 19th century they were in danger of becoming culturally assimilated by Germans too much.

Sound reasonable, czechbro.
However, the fact that I saw my grandmother literally crying when I gave her a book about the eviction of the germans from the Sudetenland a few years ago for christmas still makes me mad.
I do not "demand" this land back since you czechs are doing quite well but why would you let that specific area rot that much? (In terms of infra-structure etc.)

The lands of Bohemian crown were granted special status by Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II as an autonomous and undivisible constituent of the Holy Roman Empire.

This map shows the land of Bohemia which includes the Sudetenland.

The annexation was unjustified. Using the out-breeding native population tactic is a sandnigger move and Germans should be ashamed to use such tactic on its neighbor nation which once in time saved Germanic people from nomadic Magyar tribes.

Sad thing indeed. Mind that there was heavy pro-soviet propaganda here since about 1933. And Germans were antagonized a lot too. But I still think the current natural borders are legit, mountain range is easier to defend you know?

> In the 19th century they were in danger of becoming culturally assimilated by Germans too much.
More like 18th, familia. In the 19th we started to speak Czech again, but not as much in the Sudetenland.
Let's just agree that we are both white nations and shouldn't war again.
Also check the poll in OP, any help appretiated.

That frog is mildly agitated

>The lands of Bohemian crown were granted special status by Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II as an autonomous and undivisible constituent of the Holy Roman Empire.

does this not give the German annexation legitimacy? surely it would seem wrong to them that their reich shrinks with every iteration

>why would you let that specific area rot that much? (In terms of infra-structure etc.)
Multiple reasons. As I've said, with the germans removed, the area was largely depopulated. So they moved some people there, including a lot of gypsies. Most of the people that were moved there didn't get very attached with the land as their roots were elsewhere.
So after the revolution, many of them moved back or to cities and the capital.
And of course, it's largely an industrial region and 40 years of communism left our industry absolutely unable to compete with the Germans in quality and with the chinese in quantity.
Sorry we made your granny cry btw.

There was no "German" then but Bavaria, Saxony, Brandenburg etc. etc.

Well yes it is. It's somwhat customary to hate Hitler for everything he did but annexing territories and starting wars are not real crimes. Killing civilians and p.o.w.s is though.

>But I still think the current natural borders are legit, mountain range is easier to defend you know?
Yes. I wouldn't want to touch the borders. When you look at old maps you will see that the Bohemian borders are the ones that have been the most stable throughout the centuries.
I'm still a bit sad for Karlsbad and Joachimsthal and so on. Especially, as you said, many of these villages are emptying and going to rot. Not the most desirable outcome of our common history which was quite friendly and fruitful most of the time.

>More like 18th, familia. In the 19th we started to speak Czech again
Nah. Maybe in the late 19th century. Kafka was still writing in German. Nationalism took even longer to gain a foothold in Czechia than in Germany.

>Let's just agree that we are both white nations and shouldn't war again.
I hope we form something like a mini-Schengen with the Baltics the Pollacks the Dutch and the Czechs after the EU falls. Our countries can definitely work together for good without stepping on each others toes.

Germany was legitimate by annexing Danzig, since it was originally part of their country annexed by Poland. The Russians were legitimate by annexing Crimea because it was originally part of Russia.

The annexing Sudetenland was not legitimate since it was part of Czech land for like thousand years.

>Germany was legitimate by annexing Danzig, since it was originally part of their country annexed by Poland.

No.

Incorrect, in the 16th century the HRE was called the "Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation"

>Do i get special priviledges for having a Bavarian surname?
No, you filthy Bavarian scum.

>Contradicting the traditional view concerning that designation, Hermann Weisert has stated in a study on imperial titulature that, despite the claim of many textbooks, the name Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation never had an official status and points out that documents were thirty times as likely to omit the national suffix as include it

Yes

Wtf are you talking about Sudetenland was always rightful czech clay, until you faggots started moving in there

>Kafka was still writing in German
That's because he was a German Jew

Well, they started moving there 800 years ago, we had no wall :( #buildwall

Shouldn't you be sucking Merkel's dick, Saupreiß?

I don't think the old laws of the Holy Roman Empire apply to the Third Reich...

It's called Third Reich for a reason.

Don't forget that Hitler also lied and claimed that Sudetenland was his last territorial demand in Europe.

How come the German Empire didn't have to obey the laws of the Holy Roman Empire then?

Bacause it was an UNHOLY empire, full of absolute evil that killed many people, especially the six million. Didn't you go to school????

Go and die, Leberkääskop

>Leberkääskop

Is that supposed to be something bad?

If you don't like Leberkäse you're subhuman filth that should get gassed immediately desu

Kääskop was the first insult I came up with, so i made it Leberkäse. We don't have any specific Bavarian insults and Schluchtenscheißer doesn't really fit

under modern international law, yes but not in the way they did it
t. law student

Weißwurstlutscher?

>studying international law

so you are going for a degree in fairytales?

no

meh

Weißwurst ist delicious though

not going to do my master in international law, i unfortunately am forced to take up that class.

>We don't have any specific Bavarian insults
You're more pathetic than I thought.

kek you'd get liberals here real assblasted by saying something like "starting war is not a crime"

/thread

FIXED

Still not as great as Great Moravian Empire in 9th century senpai

Yeah but that is just like a 9th century empire, an ugly blob with no proper form or shape

Yes.

Not even a nazi but the allies post WW1 made a huge mistake leaving so many germans under the control of foreign governments. He was also right in saying Danzig was a german city, though it wasnt worth war.

Fucking disgusting borders.

Said the long, thin noodle with stolen flag of Texas.

this is correct, Charles IV made this to be Bohemia, burger knows more about our history than

the mistake they made was leaving a German state at all

the only correct options were total mercy or complete obliteration of the defeated states. by taking a middle ground they set the stage for world war II

I'll say I learned my history from Europa Universalis 3 / 4 and not from our educational system since I didn't know your country existed until like 2 years after high school when I met a hot czech college student

>You see that mountain?
>You can climb it

yes thats true. no half measures when it comes to world wars

Rome had a proper form and shape! It just never reached it's full borders

Czechoslovakia isn't even a real country, man. It was even less of a country back then.

Chilean flag - 1818
Texan flag - 1933

1833*

how is it not a real country? Czech and Slovak are real, actual ethnic groups.

Ukraine and Belgium are fake countries because there aren't Belgian or Ukrainian people, for example.

I was talking about Sudetenland. Don't worry about Silesia, it will come back sooner or later.

Very funny coming from a burger.