Sup Forums's response to this?

Sup Forums's response to this?

I mean it's pretty fucking irritating how anyone who doesn't believe in climate change is "instantly stupid" but usually the people saying that don't have any other argument apart from "u stupid"

youtu.be/UhdymoRTz6M

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses
ncdc.noaa.gov/indicators/
acmg.seas.harvard.edu/people/faculty/djj/book/bookchap7.html
ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/publications_and_data_reports.shtml#1
climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
skepticalscience.com/evidence-for-global-warming.htm
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Troublesome_Inheritance
youtube.com/watch?v=6R26PXRrgds
wattsupwiththat.com/2014/04/02/the-big-list-of-failed-climate-predictions/
youtu.be/eK0nEV5dWBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I mean it's pretty fucking irritating how anyone who doesn't believe in climate change is "instantly stupid"

But they are. Evidence now is overwhelming.

>don't have any other argument
don't need one, it's self-evident

climate change is real faggot. deal with it.

>good boy look at all this evidence from big guv funded "scientists"
>no! Don't look at the overwhelming evidence showing the ice caps being at their biggest in ages

Yet if everyone who believed in climate change actually acted like they believed in climate change the problem would be solved.

So who are the really stupid people?

>believe the government funded organization that says ice caps are growing
>disbelieve the same government funded organization that says we're still fucked

are you this retarded britbong?

Only way to fix climate change is to kill millions of black Africans.
SJW's think taxing white people will fix the climate problem

You do realise that the research was done by non profit, society run organisations? Or do you genuinely have autism? I'm not surprised you'd listen to everything you're told.

nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

you mean like nasa? kys

If climate change is real we won't be able to stop it so who fucking cares

>implying NASA is funded the same way as the military is

Surprisingly burger. Israel doesn't have their hand up NASA's ass.

Also
>disproving yourself

Okay climate change is real. Now let's talk about evolution.

Fucking this

what the fuck does israel or the military have anything to do with what i said? surprisingly britbong to derail a discussion entirely.

The upward trend in the Antarctic, however, is only about a third of the magnitude of the rapid loss of sea ice in the Arctic Ocean. the loss of glacier mass in Antarctica’s western region is being offset by thickening of glaciers on the continent’s eastern interior, which has experienced increased snowfall. The result: icy winds blowing off Antarctica, as well as a powerful ocean current that circles the frozen continent, are much larger factors in the formation and persistence of Antarctic sea ice than changes in temperature The mighty Southern Ocean Circumpolar Current prevents warmer ocean water from reaching the Antarctic sea ice zone, helping to isolate the continent. The winds within that ice zone keep the water extremely cold, enabling the sea ice cover to grow as global temperatures have risen markedly.
satellite readings of Antarctic sea ice movement and thickness, as well as detailed interpretations of charts showing the shape of the sea bottom around Antarctica.

Arctic sea ice and glaciers around the world have been dwindling quickly. And scientists have published dire warnings that several ice shelves in West Antarctica are being undermined by warm currents where they connect to the ocean floor. That melting phenomenon is expected to lead to significant, unavoidable sea rise over centuries.

Sea ice doesn't have a big effect on sea level—it grows and melts seasonally. The Antarctic ice shelves, by contrast, are the floating extensions of huge, land-based ice sheets and glaciers. And as they fall apart, the flow of land ice toward the sea accelerates, speeding up sea-level rise.

Antarctic sea ice has grown somewhat over the past 10 years. Between 2012 to 2014, it reached record-high extents each year during the winter. It topped 7.78 million square miles in September 2014, the largest extent since satellites started keeping accurate measurements in 1979.

>literally derailing the conversation now

Nice copy and paste. But really you have said anything. More just like "the icecap a fluctuate in size seasonally but some scientists say ice caps are melting. But also this won't affect sea level"

>user, do you believe climate change is man made?
>if by climate change you mean the natural phenomenon called heat island effect then yes

checkmate lefts

This

I agree, OP.

Climate change assertionists primarily rely on the argument of "scientists say it is real, so it is real." In other words, appeal to authority.

THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT
H
I
S

I
S

N
O
T

A
N

A
R
G
U
M
E
N
T

Also, we need to look at the cost of reducing carbon dioxide emissions vs the benefits.

The money spent reducing carbon dioxide emissions would be better spent on other things.

Carbon dioxide in the air has benefits including increased plant growth and crop yields.

Why are you so fucking stupid to deny climate change when there is overwhelming evidence? Is it because Alex Jones and Breitbart said so?

Proof of Climate Change:
Simple Intro to CC
ncdc.noaa.gov/indicators/

a more robust understanding of greenhouse gasses and positive feedback, I recommend the following: acmg.seas.harvard.edu/people/faculty/djj/book/bookchap7.html

If you want a robust understanding of modern research performed/understood, then you can read the IPCC assessment reports (an organization tasked with collecting AGW data and presenting it to governments): ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/publications_and_data_reports.shtml#1

Actual evidence:
climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

skepticalscience.com/evidence-for-global-warming.htm

FUCKING THIS

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Troublesome_Inheritance

>million websites and books and movies you can consume to educate yourself about climate change
>still deny climate change

At some point yeah you're just gonna be called stupid

> Chart goes back less than 150 years.
Fail

Climate change is not a belief. It's happening.

If you deny climate change you're literally denying reality.

It's also strongly suggested by mountains of scientific evidence that it's man-made and rapidly getting worse.

But, hey, gotta keep those oil profits coming for our Saudi friends. Or else they might not be so friendly toward their Shia neighbors.

When they changed the scare from "global warming" to "climate change" that was a sure fire sign that they had no idea wtf they were talking about.

This is flat out untrue. Arctic ice levels are lower today than they've ever been measured.

Also, unlike 'Big Govt.' scientists that you claim are skewing the data for profit (because we all know university researchers make bank), we can trace the counter data against Global Warming to big oil and natural gas business interests. And we know their motivations for denying climate change to be profit-based. If their product is directly harmful to all life on Earth, it makes sense to stop using their product.

This is not a political issue. It is an issue for the preservation of all life on this planet and it requires cooperation among all nations, not outright denial that it's even happening in the first place.

If you ignore evidence then you are stupid.

We're fucking up the planet. Its not a question. We are. Most wont actually change their ways until they're dying of dehydration, drowning in massive storm surge, on fire or choking to death in dust storms.

Except we can stop it. We can mitigate the effects of climate change for the time being until we find a way to reverse the damage and bring the planet back down a couple degrees to more manageable levels.

Fuck your defeatism. We should not let human life, the most precious thing to ever happen to this universe as far as we know, go extinct because you're lazy and jaded.

Now go explain that to China.
I'll wait. I can bet their answer isn't going to be very optimistic.

Climate change is real.
HOWEVER
It is not a human problem.
We do not affect it.
The climate DOES change over thousands of years.
Underwater volcanoes produce more co2 in one year than we do in our entire existance so far.
We are ants.

So if climate change is happening. You really thing we can stop it?

Because news flash. We can't.

Pick up a history book dumbass you'll see that "global warming" isn't an uncommon thing.

You're right. Climate Change is real.

You know what else is real? Evolution. Races have different genetic average intelligence due to evolving in differing environments. Africans have an average IQ of 70.

This is the reason that all 60 countries comprised of populations of Sub Saharan Africans are poor and inefficient.

This is the 100% truth.

And yet SJWs want to import them into Western countries en masse. So who is the stupid one?

This one should be the first to get tsunami'd when the ocean rises over the coasts.

>mountains of scientific evidence that it's man made

Care to show us? Or you're just going to make false claims.

Forget trying. You won't speak sense to people who "luv science when climate change" but hate "da evil science when it's wacist"

I literally haven't seen any feasible mitigation proposals. Even if you go full geo engineering you still can't reverse it or make a substantial reduction in temperature rise at this point.

>scare tactics

> climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

> See chart going back 400 thousand years.
>Ok, interesting.
> But how do we get data from 400 thousands years ago?
> And how do we know that CO2 at this level is going to cause harm?/

> Scroll down a bit more.

> "Scientific evidence for warming of the climate system is unequivocal." - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

Yep, there it is. Appeal to authority.

> Ok, let's scroll a bit more

> Sea level rise
Well sea level has been rising since prior to the industrial revolution, so it's not man made. NEXT.

> Global temperature rise
> All three major global surface temperature reconstructions
RECONSTRUCTIONS
> Earth has warmed since 1880
1880 on a geological timescale is literally yesterday.
> with 15 of the 16 warmest years on record occurring since 2001.
"On record"... but how far do these records go back? Further, what constitutes a 'warmest year'? Others posit a climate change pause from 1998 to 2013.

>The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat, with the top 700 meters (about 2,300 feet) of ocean showing warming of 0.302 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969.
SINCE 1969??? Less than 50 years. Irrelevant.

> Shrinking ice sheets
Yet Antarctica is getting more ice. We don't know enough about ice sheets. Vikings sailed to Greenland, did you not know that?

> Extreme events
This is an error of attribution and it is playing on people's fears. There have always been extreme events. Really shows their intellectual dishonesty by using this one.

> Ocean acidification
How far back to measurements of ocean acidity go? This doesn't prove causation by CO2.

> Decreased snow cover
Again, records don't go back far enough.

FURTHER TO THIS. None of the above points from NASA prove the causal link between CO2 in the atmosphere and all the observations that they purport to make.

IT SEEMS THE MORE I READ, THE MORE I DEALT UPON WITH LOGICAL FALLACIES

>300'000'000 open fires in China every night.
>Buy these light bulbs goy.
Higher CO2 means bigger carrots anyway, fuck the hippies & their death cult.

THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS IS THE EVIDENCE. -- Piers Corbyn, leading weather geez & overall top bloke.
youtube.com/watch?v=6R26PXRrgds

wattsupwiththat.com/2014/04/02/the-big-list-of-failed-climate-predictions/

At present China is more willing to curb their emissions and find solutions to the problem than the incoming Trump administration. The rest of the world is going to work to fix this problem whether the US is onboard or not. They will likely succeed with technologies that we are not even researching or have neglected to fund. Hopefully they succeed soon enough and well enough to save us all.

Let's start by lowering the amount of carbon emissions we annually shoot into the atmosphere. We can move to renewable and natural energies. There is a lot of money to be made in this kind of stuff. If the oil companies shifted their focus and funding they'd realize they're sitting on a gold mine. And it would kill two birds with one stone as we phase out fossil fuels while ushering in more practical, less harmful energy solutions.

We can't do nothing, though. Otherwise everything dies and resignation to that idea is the worst possible course of action.

I believe in climate change but I'm not entirely sold on man caused climate change

The thing about climate change is that whether it's fake or real (and if it's real, whether it's human-caused or natural), there's nothing we can do to stop it, and so it's basically a non-issue.

>Climate change does not exist
Okay, good, nothing to worry about. It was all made up to make money off of idiots. Let's move on.

>Climate change does exist, not caused by humans
Then there's nothing we can do to stop it and therefore there's no point worrying about it. It's being used to make money off of idiots.

>Climate change does exist, and it's caused/sped up by humans
There's nothing we can do to stop it unless the entire world agrees to stop all sources of pollution immediately (including sources which most people don't usually consider like farming) which will never happen. No point worrying about it. It's being used to make money off of idiots.

LED bulbs are good though, even if only because of being cheaper in long term.

Appeal to authority is not necessarily a bad thing, m8.

NASA, for instance, is a better authority on climate matters than, well, the random blogs you've been linking.

moly has a good re: to this faggotry came out 2 days ago ish

Exactly.

Also, from another angle, is it ok to use coercion, depriving people of free will, in order to reduce carbon emissions? Is there a justification for VIOLENCE? No, therefore climate change policy such as 'carbon pricing' or green energy subsidies are wrong.

How many meteorologists work for NASA?

there are a lot of "climatologists"

>>Climate change does exist, and it's caused/sped up by humans
>There's nothing we can do to stop it unless the entire world agrees to stop all sources of pollution immediately (including sources which most people don't usually consider like farming) which will never happen. No point worrying about it. It's being used to make money off of idiots.

Didn't scientist say that we are passed the point if no return?

Good thing there is no global warming in heaven :) Liberals are fucked though as I hear Hell has shitty weather

>hell yeah just like become a facist goverment or whatever just like stop people from driving cars
>like dood just shut down major power creators like that totally won't cause death and problems
>like why don't we just like I dunno use clean methods? Like it's not like that technology is largely under developed and expensive and inefficient

Yes, as you point out, when appeal to authority is employed, the discussion can degenerate into a contest about who has the better authority.

But let me explain the essential reason why appeal to authority is wrong. Because we need to see how the statements made by the authority were proven. If we don't see how they demonstrated their facts then we cannot refute the method by which they demonstrated their facts, which is the critical thing we need to do.

Okay, but we know that carbon emissions are poisonous and heat a planet when they're in overabundance in an atmosphere. You only have to look at Venus to see the greenhouse effect taken to an extreme.

Even more than that, these emissions can poison local climates and resource sources like water.

Even if you don't believe in global warming, the solutions proposed and the pivots toward other sources of energy would make for less polluted communities. What is so wrong with that?

Why are you so eager to defend the rights of oil companies and say they're being coerced when their emissions are placed upon everyday people without those communities' consent? Where's the free will in having to live under smoke stacks?

>At present China is more willing to curb their emissions and find solutions to the problem than the incoming Trump administration.

This is absolute bullshit. Regressive leftist bullshit. China isn't going to curb emissions and they are the world's polluter

Given that billions will die if nothing is done, that gives ample justification for all sorts of shit

mountains of scientific data vs former tobacco, doesn't cause cancer, hoover institute shill bullshit

I dont wanna say stupid but defiantly gullible

>mountains of scientific data

Looks up the thread and you'll see data. Except it's probably not what your fragile mind would want to see. Because here's a fun little fact. It's not caused by humans.

>lmao dood stop being so gullible by thinking for yourself
>no I'm not gullible by believing a man in a white coat tells me

>I mean it's pretty fucking irritating how anyone who doesn't believe in climate change is "instantly stupid" but usually the people saying that don't have any other argument apart from "u stupid"
Biologist here, let me explain something to you guys...

Climate change IS real, denying that really does make you sound like an idiot, the problem here is not whether climate change is real or not, it is the intensity of the climate change caused by human pollution that is the real issue.

See, stupid liberals and leftists will not ever shut up about climate change, and they make it sound like some apocalyptic end of the world emergency, it is not!

Do you people realize that if every single one of the 7 and a half billion humans were to simply plant a single tree during their lifetime that would be enough to counter all the effect our human made pollution has on the climate?

Heck, the jews have been well aware of this for quite some time, they are even using this knoledge to make fucking tropical rainforests in the middle of the shitty ass desert they live in:

youtu.be/eK0nEV5dWBA

This climate change scare is nothing but a clever scare tactic to force people to vote for politicians supposedly defending the planet's enviroment and climate and a way to make stupid unaware goyins to buy those expensive eco-friendly merchandise.

>Do you people realize that if every single one of the 7 and a half billion humans were to simply plant a single tree during their lifetime that would be enough to counter all the effect our human made pollution has on the climate?

Do you realize that the carboniferous period is long gone and as soon as these trees die they are going to release all that carbon back in to the atmosphere?

Man, the weather channel used to be the one channel I'd flip to to get away from condescending political nonsense because they would just tell you what the weather was and that was it!

No one denied the climate is changing. The climate has been changing since the moment the earth cooled enough to sustain life.

The argument is man-made change. Of course the liberal and the Jew are forbidden from ever being truthful, so they (((forget))) this when framing their fallacious arguments.

>Do you realize that the carboniferous period is long gone and as soon as these trees die they are going to release all that carbon back in to the atmosphere?
Just plant more trees to replace the dead ones, what is the problem here?

Your the one trusting the Hoover institute a literal paid industry shill mill over NASA and thousands of other legitimate institutions

thats the definition of gullible

Damn, how will Hugh Mungus ever recover?

I'd like to globally warm her vagina,
if you know what I mean ;)

If by 'thinking for yourself' you mean that you take pride in being contrary to nearly every scientist on the planet, including people who dedicate their lives to studying this stuff rather than shitposting on a Taiwanese shadow puppet image board, then I think I'll go ahead and be a follower and take camp with them instead of you.

Like, what the fuck? Hey everyone, here's this problem, the planet is heating up and it might mean the end of all life.

>we didn't cause the problem!

That doesn't matter. Whether we caused it or not, we need to find solutions

>nah, fuck it, nothing can be done. Let's just go extinct

That's you, man.

>biologist
>on a meteorologist issue

Ok. But I agree with you, kinda. Man has made very little affect on climate change.

The problem is you're retarded and you aren't removing carbon. Once you take that coal out of the ground and burn it, there are no mechanisms in place to put it back in.

Typical climate change assertionist.

Carbon Dioxide is NOT poisonous. It is not toxic and it is not a pollutant. It is plant food. All mammals produce CO2 when they breathe out. If it were toxic we would be dead as soon as the CO2 was released from our lungs.

Venus is an extreme situation. It has more than 95% carbon dioxide. Whereas for Earth we currently have 0.04% carbon dioxide and the big whinge is to prevent us reaching 0.045%.

> Pivoting to other sources of energy.

OK GREAT. LET'S ADVOCATE CLEAN ENERGY WITHOUT THE BULLSHIT ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE. YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

But, we should let the market decide what energy to use. If people want to pay extra to use wind/solar, let them do that. Don't force people to pay extra.

> Why are you so eager to defend the rights of oil companies

ad hominem. Yet another logical fallacy. And it's a strawman. I didn't say anything about oil companies.

But your statement is wrong on multiple levels. It's not the coercion of energy producers that I am talking about (although that is a problem in itself) it's the coercion of energy consumers. Ordinary people who are having to pay more. People are dying because of this.

Regarding community consent... we have laws. Next.

Free will in having to live under smoke stacks. Smoke can be hazardous to health and there are common law examples of challenging genuine polluters. CO2 is not a pollutant though. Further to that, people don't have to live next to the power plants, they can more.

>I mean it's pretty fucking irritating how anyone who doesn't believe in facts is "instantly stupid"
no its not. we should always call out the dumb for being dumb.

What's the most direct thing I can write to get tons of liberal (You)s?

Except that you made that up.

Trillions will die unless you stop posting. See what I did there.

And what can we do retard? Tell me what we can do? You have a solution to climate change (the inevitable thing that will happen no matter what)?

And don't just tell me "l-lower carbon emissions" because that won't slow down shit.

Pretty much anything will trigger them, just call TWC retarded and you'll get 10,000 angry little cucks responding

Exactly, politicians once again are trying to look good and employing coercion in order to do so.

>don't even bother questioning things

I guess you don't realise how questioning things has actually changed science

>highlighting the only 2 out of 8 lines in the chart that show signs of irregular climate change
shiggy diggy motherfucker

Thank you for sharing your idiotic interpretation of a concise, informative post.

What does that even matter? That was honestly a really stupid point to make. Are you of the opinion that somehow there is currently more carbon on the planet than ever before, and that that level is actively rising?

See, as a biologist I know that plants literally extract carbon from the atmosphere during photosynthesis, and I have studied the climate changes since the creation of earth and the evolution of lifeforms in response to it.

>The problem is you're retarded
Read the thread, your argument is the same as all the other fools that believe in climate change, as OP said:>I mean it's pretty fucking irritating how anyone who doesn't believe in climate change is "instantly stupid" but usually the people saying that don't have any other argument apart from "u stupid"

>Once you take that coal out of the ground and burn it, there are no mechanisms in place to put it back in.
Plant trees you massive retard, they literally remove carbon from the atmosphere during photosynthesis, did you not learn basic biology at school?

>Exactly, politicians once again are trying to look good and employing coercion in order to do so.
Pretty much.

Prove it's real then retard. You can't. Case closed. Now suck on these you faggot hue monkey

The Earth IS warning up. How the fuck is this up for debate? The only controversy is the degree of human contribution

The people who are going to be buying my PNW and Alaskan land 35 years from now.

The Earth isn't warming up. Only a faggot redditor says gay shit like that

And this faggot isn't a biologist otherwise he wouldn't be here shitposting on Sup Forums at 12:30 in the afternoon

I just saved your reply, I was impressed straya

Shit I must say that my opinion on climate change has changed quite abit in this thread. The most rational view I've seen is that "Humans have very little impact on global warming and global warming is a naturally occurring thing. It's inevitable it will happen"

>Plant trees you massive retard, they literally remove carbon from the atmosphere during photosynthesis, did you not learn basic biology at school?

Sure, they do. And what happens when they die? They fall to the ground and rot and that carbon is released back in to the atmosphere. In the carboniferous period, they fell to the ground and didn't rot because there were no microorganisms that could properly break down the trees. So they got buried by other shit and ended up as coal over a few million years.

So the point I'm trying to make here in case you missed it, is that if you burn a billion tons of coal that carbon is going to stay in the atmosphere for good. It may be temporarily sequestered in trees over the course of their life time but it will NEVER be permanently removed. The carboniferous period is long gone.

Climate change is real but a lot of the actual top scientists, ie not the ones being paid to 'prove' anything, strongly question whether human's have much of an impact.

We know that the Earth's climate has changed an uncountable number of time's since the planet was first formed.

>The UK just had one of its hottest summers in world history
>Sea levels are rising
>Last Christmas it was 80 degrees across the mid-atlantic
Totally normal

>in favor of climate change:
>decades of research and ton of scientific evidence

>""arguments"" against climate change:
>muh conspiracies 1WG agenda 21 reeeee
>i hate libruhls
>but al gore said
>climates always changes
>mub bible

Sup Forums tards still think it's up to debate

>Prove it's real then retard.
Watch the video I posted then, retard:The jews are already using this knowledge to change the climate of Israel, stop fooling yourself.

>And this faggot isn't a biologist otherwise he wouldn't be here shitposting on Sup Forums at 12:30 in the afternoon
We are in December, all the students in the university have already finished this year classes and gone home for the holidays.

>Sure, they do. And what happens when they die? They fall to the ground and rot and that carbon is released back in to the atmosphere.

Bury the tress and plant more, if the trees rot in the ground they will not be releasing carbon to the atmosphere, they will be adding to the soils carbon content, which does not cause the climate changing effects of carbon dioxide. Again, what is the problem here?

That is still a useless point. Because as one tree dies others grow. Also it is a lie to suggest that "all of the carbon sequestered in the tree is released again when it dies". carbon is not some friggin soul particle that vacates the corpse upon death. Much of that carbon will be then captured by other plants, fungi, animals etc.

Are you aware that coal is just compressed carbon from a layer of biological plant material? You have any idea how much carbon is sequestered by a peet bog?

A-are you retarded?

Why does she repeatedly say "record high"? Nothing that happened this year, this decade, or this century, has been anywhere near the planet's record high temperatures. Why do they misrepresent the facts if the truth is on their side?

Anyone that says Climate Change is fake is retarded

Anyone that thinks Climate Change is man made, that science can accurately predict it's effects or that we can combat it with government policies, is equally retarded

The Earths Climate will change regardless of our actions, we should be focusing on survival, not the retarded shit liberals are focusing on

What a sad world we live in when the debate is not "What should we do to combat climate change?" but is "Is climate change real?"

>Cue the tinfoils stating that big government scientists are pushing this "propaganda" so they can make more money