So what exactly is "fake news"? Can anyone give me an example?

So what exactly is "fake news"? Can anyone give me an example?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_hole
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_revisionism
youtube.com/watch?v=_X16_KzX1vE
youtube.com/watch?v=TM8L7bdwVaA
youtube.com/watch?v=jH8dejYGa5A
healtheternally.com/1562/dandelion-weed-can-boost-your-immune-system-and-cure-cancer/?utm_source=tickld&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=main&src=tickld
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/08/16/media-falsely-portrays-sister-man-shot-milwaukee-police-calling-peace/
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/07/obama-urges-soldiers-to-question-trumps-authority-criticize-our-president/
bbc.com/news/magazine-38168281
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/28/rebutting-climate-alarmism-simple-facts/
foreignpolicy.com/2013/07/14/u-s-repeals-propaganda-ban-spreads-government-made-news-to-americans/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

anything that doesn't fit the current narrative is disregarded as fake news.

yeah, and as soon as we do you will tell us we are cucks.

nice try newfag, maybe turn 360 degrees and walk away.

CNN

MSM is buttmad that Cunton lost and now blaming other news outlets were the reason why she lost and not their huge bias against Trump.

"#Pizzagate", "Hillary's health", "9/11 Truth (Larry Silverstein's insurance)"... etc.

Anything not produced by kikes.

We will cut your healthcare costs by 2500$

You know these news of the nth "refugee rape" like that time hundreds of russian bikers were riding to avenge a raped little girl and it turned out to be bullshit?

Thats fake news. 90% of shit posted on Sup Forums is fake news. And its pissing people off

Anything posted on Sup Forums that the average American wouldn't recognize the url of

FPBP

98% chance Hillary will be elected POTUS.

Fake as fuck.

this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_hole
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_revisionism

One example of fake news is when the news says Russia hacked the emails.

Another is when the news said Saddam had WMDs

Another is when the news perpetrated "hands up don't shoot."

Another is when the news reports on "hate crimes" such as swastikas being drawn or people being abused. A lot of these are made up or false flagged, thus fake news.

"Fake news" is also fake news
Basically, MSM is fake news.

cute pic 3bh

it's when goys talk about something they shouldn't

Russians Hackers Stole The Election

Hands Up Don't Shoot

Donald Trump Is A Rapist

What the MSM call Fake News;

Everything that counters our agenda. Facts or not.

Truth about vaccines

everything
EVERYTHING
if it's on TV or in the newspaper = fake

Clinton News Network

I hear they like to cover what happens on a backwater mongolian horse riding forum and push it as "news"

9/11 Truthers: Not fake news
FEMA Death Campers: Not fake news
Obama Birthers: Not fake news

Random DC pizzeria owner involved in child trafficking: FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS EVEN COLBERT AND THE POPE THINK SO YOU FUCKING RETARD FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS

But that's not news. It's rumors among citizens.

And what's pissing people off is Fake News from news outlets.

Like that migrants are women and children from Syria, not adults from North Africa looking for the ficki ficki.

The only people pissed off by social media are mainstream media outlets and politicians because it ruins their ability to control the narrative.

Reminder that only mainstream news sources can be "fake news". Fake news means false or misleading reports from publishers with power.

this

PizzaGate is fake news.

www.Sup Forums.org/pol/

It's the same as "conspiracy theory". It's a buzzword used to discredit anything that doesn't fit the narrative.

Hi JimmyComet, hows your "pizza" joint doing

anything CNN doesn't report on

That's an ugly little girl.

Explain.

The only time I've seen Pizzagate on the news is to talk about how it is fake.

Are you saying it's real and that the news is lying that it is fake?

youtube.com/watch?v=_X16_KzX1vE

>Reporting on Hillary Clinton's health is Fake News

Explain.

>Alex jones
>Breitbart
>Reddit news
>Anything on tumblr
>Sup Forums shitposting

Its not fucking hard to just look at facts instead of some far fetched conspiracy theory.

No one is 100% correct so if the explanation comes from an ideology; libtards, trump fags, neo nazis, hippies. Most likely just check their sources and reseatch it yourself. MSM is getting worse and worse because of twitter and facebook making the race to report something first super intense so they dont fact check themselves.

The world fucking sicks anyway
Brb killing myself

Sure, here's an example of how scripted the "news" is:

youtube.com/watch?v=TM8L7bdwVaA

youtube.com/watch?v=jH8dejYGa5A

Well, the New York Times and The Guardian are both noted Fake News distributors.

>Muh WMD's

>Muh Russian Hackers

That shit I see on my timeline that's like "OBAMA: 3 MONTHS TO LIVE -- FAMILY SHOCKED!" with a photoshopped picture of obama with red baggy eyes

fpbp

Because it was based on nothing. She's healthy.

It originated from an obscure website that fabricates news stories to generate ad revenue.

Can you admit that most of fake news come from the nutty right-wingers, those Infowars types? I know this will trigger the Sup Forumstard, but can we admit this?

Thanks for your concern.

Interesting that your list seemed to have missed;

Salon
Buzzfeed
Huffington Post
The Guardian
The Washington Post
CNN
The New York Times

>life is shit anyway

It's pretty good if you aren't an idiot.

ironically or unironically the onion is pretty real news compared to msm

Whatever (((they))) don't want you talking about.

Funfact: it's a term that never existed before Pizzagate.

That's mostly what I see, at least

but there's also shit like this:
healtheternally.com/1562/dandelion-weed-can-boost-your-immune-system-and-cure-cancer/?utm_source=tickld&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=main&src=tickld

Someone I know shared this and was like "wtf why isnt any1 talking about this". He's the same guy that shares all the infowars stuff though

>Don't fact check

Interesting way of saying;

>They lie

When you invent a lie, like CNN did with Russian Hackers or Washington Post did with Russian Fake News, what exactly are you meant to be fact checking? You already know you're lying.

Exactly. This way people don't actually have to think either. It's a win-win.

HILLARY WON THE ELECTION

^ fake news

>Based on nothing

Why are you lying?

>MSM is all smug about Hillary winning no matter how bad things got for her
>Ignoring the anger people had for the establishment and how they wanted Trump
>Ignoring the controversies surrounding Hillary and attacking Trump for every little thing/calling him and his supporters every terrible word in the book
>People flock to smaller internet news sites that provide a different picture compared to MSM's narrative that Trump=Hitler
>Trump BTFO the MSM
>People start asking questions on why he won when MSM said he never stood a chance
>Credibility down the toilet
>MSM declares everyone outside of them are fake news to cover their asses

CNN fabricated a story about the nigger shot dead in milwaukee, which started a riot. She told people to "stop burning our shit down" and "burn their shit down in the suburbs" cuz "we need our weaves." CNN cut out everything but "stop burning our shit down" and said she was calling for peace.

breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/08/16/media-falsely-portrays-sister-man-shot-milwaukee-police-calling-peace/

So it's literally not Fake News then?

Can you cite this website?

Because I know for a fact it started on Sup Forums. Which is not a news site.

>Donald Trump has a 0.1% chance on winning the election

She literaly had pneumonia

If you want us to lie?

Infowars is a fucking conspiracy theory youtube channel, not a news outlet.

Most fake news comes from, you know, news outlets.

And it's hard to admit after this year that it's predominantly right wing in nature, when we have seen an avalanche of lies from left leaning news outlets.

Meanwhile Breitbart posts this:
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/07/obama-urges-soldiers-to-question-trumps-authority-criticize-our-president/

Based on this quote: "that each of us has...the universal right to speak your minds and to protest against authority; to live in a society that's open and free; that can criticize our president without retribution."

Basically Breitbart wanting a dictatorship. Which isn't surprising, since they have 2 feet in the white house.

If you do a 360 you will be facing the same way you mouth breather faggot. Next time try to be less of a faggot.

CNN, MSNCB, WaPo, NYT, take your pick. It's all fake.

But seriously, most fake news (retards posting on social media is NOT news) comes from nutty left wing types.

See absolutely everything regarding Syria and BLM.

>Hands Up Don't Shoot

You do realize Alex Jones is a big figure in the whole alt-right movement? And that he owns infowars?

Some of it is more sinister.

I saw a news story on some website about a sex education class being taught at an American high school by a tranny, along with this pic, and they described upset parents and kids who were forced to watch this by liberal education staff and an insane leftist group.

Well, I already knew the story of the picture. It happened in Canada at a university and was an optional class. A completely fake news story meant to drum up anger among right wingers. The worst part is half the stories on the website were legit.

Everything in mainstream media.

>being this autistic
>being this new

pick both

I'm confused.

>Breitbart says Obama tells soldiers to question Trumps authority

>Quotes Obama directly asking soldiers to question Trumps authority

What's the fake part?

I don't like Breitbart...but what's the actual fake part?

This

Everyone point and laugh at the newfag.

bbc.com/news/magazine-38168281

>Goran - not his real name by the way, he's not confident enough to reveal that - is one of scores, or probably hundreds of Macedonian teenagers who are behind a cottage industry in the small city of Veles which churned out fake pro-Trump news during the US election campaign.

So producing fake pro-Trump news was literally a business opportunity.

>Big thing in the Alt-Right

That's a lie. Probably something you got from a Fake News report.

>Owns Infowars

Right. A conspiracy theory youtube channel. It's not a news outlet.

You do realize the Washington Post is a legitimate newspaper that prints Fake News right?

Here's pretty much what I was thinking of

Shit like this is what I think of with fake news.

Calling pizza gate and other conspiracy theories fake news (No matter how stupid the conspiracies are) I think is just muddying the waters. Because now anything can be called fake news if someone thinks it's wrong.

Realistically it seems like there's a continuum between "real" news and "fake" news. The stuff that is all the way on the fake side is stuff like this. CNN may lie about stuff, but you can't honestly say they're on the same part of the continuum as the enquirer. Some of their individual stories may be equally wrong, but as an organization they're clearly more reliable.

How is that sinister?

CNN's fake news reaches millions and has caused real world deaths.

Same with the New York Times.

He doesn't urge anyone. He's simply telling people not to blindly believe everything their told. He doesn't even name Trump.

>Hillary's health
>it was based on nothing.

The fucking irony of posting Fake News to discredit Fake News.

Idk I saw some weird shit this election. All the MSM saying Hillary being sick was a conspiracy and Breitbart is not to be believed then on 9/11 she almost dies. The media saying that Trump saying Brussels was a city ripe with Jihad was rediculous. Then the bombing happened. Idk but it seems like the only two outlets telling the truth are Breitbart and Trump and the rest is lying. Also Trump and Breitbart were saying that Trump could win while the rest of the media was saying it's practically impossible. He then won by a landslide.

>That's a lie. Probably something you got from a Fake News report.

I give up. Anytime you try to argue you just get rebutted with "that's a lie you read on a fake news site" and that's it. I really hope Trump just goes to nuke everything he sees so maybe humanity can start all over again. We clearly failed.

I just don't like that they say "this pizzaria is not a child-traficking site" when they should say "there's no evidence to say this pizzaria ...".

There's a difference between something being false and unproven.

Something else that bothers me is that they can't seem to do the reporting properly. There was a lot of things in pizzagate that was ludicruous, but there was some circumstantial evidence that had some weight - albeit not enough to justify a criminal investigation IMO. However every mainstream media seemed to just go with the most wild accusations to discredit the whole thing.

You can see in this article. They say the fake story is that "Hillary Clinton abused children there". That's not the point or the main accusation of pizzagate - it seems they just say that for a person to think that the investigation is politically motivated (which it might be for some people) but the motivations go beyond that I think.

See There could be a video of Trump shooting a toddler in the middle of times square and you people would find some way to call it fake.

It's fucking embarassing that you're allowed to vote.

Newfags plz go

>teh holocaust

COGNITIVE

DISSONANCE

HOLY SHIT THESE PEOPLE

Yes please kill yourself if you cant see the difference between fake news and earnest reporting that has some bias

So you can't actually point to the part of the article that is fake, can you?

"There's no evidence Donald Trump didn't rape his daughter"

See what happens when you phrase it like that?

>So what exactly is "fake news"? Can anyone give me an example?

Open your daily newspaper.

Nearly every fucking word.

I almost made a joke on facebook, where I was like, watch guys, all the "real news" will be jewish run, and everyone else will be called fake news

The whole headline is fake, since he didn't urge anyone. If you truly want something else, here they denie climate change:
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/28/rebutting-climate-alarmism-simple-facts/

Retarded muddying of the waters

Everything is fake news so now it won't hurt my fee fees when people call my alternative news site fake

does propaganda count as fake news? cause that shit got legalized with the smith mundt modernisation act

foreignpolicy.com/2013/07/14/u-s-repeals-propaganda-ban-spreads-government-made-news-to-americans/

>So what exactly is "fake news"? Can anyone give me an example?

Anything posted by CNN

FLASH FLASH

COUNTER-NARRATIVE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

"Who smelt it dealt it!"

Wow. It's almost like you're frustrated that you can't lie your way through a debate and appeal to authority anymore.

Like you need to provide legitimate evidence and present a logical argument instead of relying on propaganda.

Almost like you find it frustrating to be rebutted not by facts but by "Muh Fake News durrrr"

>We failed

YOU failed.

We're doing fine.

pizzagate
spirit cooking
hillary 'mysterious murders'
etc

There could be no video of a toddler being shot by Trump, but you would report on it as fact and retweet it a million times and cite it as a fact for why he's unfit to be president and then refer to every criticism of your lying as "Fake News".

The funny thing is that you need to resort to Fake News like "Russian Hackers!" "Trump Rapes Children!" etc, when there is more than enough actual, legitimate reasons and eventd to oppose Trump and criticize him.

But you're too fucking stupid and lazy, so you resort to Fake News.

Hey faggot let me introduce you to America.

Where the burden of proof is on the accuser.

dumbeurocuck