Why did you autists vote for the guy who's going to dismantle net neutrality?

Why did you autists vote for the guy who's going to dismantle net neutrality?

as if hillary wouldnt

>net neutrality
>good

You picture tells me you have no fucking idea how this shit works.

Hillary just supported anti-freedom of press laws. At least Trump will actually listen to people.

>b.. but hillary

election's over, nerds, you won. get over it.

Obama administration has been explicitly in favor of net neutrality, so no reason to assume an HRC administration would do otherwise

>good

You wanna explain that one?

With net neutrality: ISP can't prioritize traffic such as its own media
Without net neutrality: ISP can prioritize traffic such as its own media

So you see ivan, when you get a large conglomerate like comcast they will want to make their media services prioritized which will go against the open nature of the internet which makes it a bad thing.

As it stands, we pay for Netflix, Facebook, etc. Costs of doing business. They pay the same as everyone else, despite using far more resources.

>as its own media

You don't know what an ISP is.

It's an internet service provider. It's a service that provides you with internet.

To put it in plain terms, as an end user, who the fuck would want to see internet service go the way of the nickel-and-diming we currently see in the airline and cellular industries?

Why would you want to give ISPs the ability to treat internet-based content like cable TV channels? They don't have it now, so why give it to them?

Relative to Sup Forums, why would you want to make it easier for ISPs to block sites like chans, Breitbart, Stormfront, Voat, or whatever, because they make other users uncomfortable?

>internet-based content like cable TV channels

That isn't how it works. Networks pay studios for content to air on their network.

Cost of internet would go down for end users. If you want to use a service like FB, you'd pay FB. Not the ISP.

>Cost of internet would go down for end users. If you want to use a service like FB, you'd pay FB. Not the ISP.

so basically only poor people support this.

god it feels good to make $115K a year

so glad im not as pathetic as you plebs. I'm literally better than you.

>making the costs of services go down and work more efficiently

I really hope you aren't in charge of any money besides your own.

And yet here you are, hanging out with us.

I feel as though this issue has remained under-addressed both before and after the actual election.

>making the costs of services go down and work more efficiently
provide proof or shut the fuck up bootlicker.
I don't believe you.
prove it, present a valid argument as to why we should give ISPs more autonomy and change systems that are working just fine.
pro tip: you're probably so poor you cant afford to pay attention to basic principles like this

>I really hope you aren't in charge of any money besides your own.
if you only knew

Post your paystub (or, if self-employed, last year's tax returns).

we'll build a firewall, and yahoo is gonna pay for it

It's not really about ISP autonomy. It's about making service providers like Netflix pay for costs of doing business.

>mfw he shuts down anonymous social media sites that spread shit, hate, and lies
>Sup Forums forced to relocate to Asia like doublechin
>IPs of servers blocked by NSA
>FBI kicking in doors, arresting trolls and spergs

It's going to be glorious. And you did it for us.

Oh, yeah, I forgot:

“One of the things I’m going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we’re certainly leading. I’m going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We’re going to open up those libel laws.”

Sounds awesome

>the ride is almost over

no.

ISPs constitute an oligopoly

dont help them.

they're like mobile carriers and cable companies (ATT, time warner, verizon, etc.)

they will fuck you every chance they get.

don't respond to ISP bootlickers.
don't acknowledge these simple "tips and tricks" to make it all better and basically you're fucking stupid
dont trust them because young metro dont.

trust me.

>pay ISP for "fast lane"
>they prioritize your traffic
>small companies providing high-bandwidth services are fucked because their traffic is gimped as a result and they can't afford to pay
crony capitalism at work

Netflix puts up servers. Users pay ISPs for an access point and an IP address. Users access those servers. Netflix isn't pushing its content through that ISP's network - users are requesting that content, and paying the ISP for the privilege.

Old media doesn't like this model and would rather try to tip the scales in favor of the existing cable TV model. But the toothpaste is already out of the tube.

i dont use their services. why should i have to pay for their customers?

>ISPs constitute an oligopoly

Because the government. This would end their status as a utility. Barriers to entry would come down.

Wait, are we back on this boogeyman again?
What happened, did climate change fall out of fad again?

>when you get a large conglomerate like comcast
If we actually used our anti-trust laws and didn't sue every start-up ISP out of business, we wouldn't need net neutrality.

that's why he said conglomerate.

Yeah, well, the Telecommunications Act of 1996 was a mistake.

the government is always picking winners and losers, trump himself said government shouldnt be doing that.

of course, if it passes his desk, i bet he will sign because he's a lying asshole.

You are now aware these are all issues that trump is a complete fucking retard towards. If you can be nickle and dimed by a company for the same services, they're gonna do it. Prepare to be bled dry fuckwit.

who the fuck pays for facebook

>The insane amount of mergers and buyouts in the media industry in recent years mean MSM owns most used ISPs
>The ISPs are pressured to deprioritize (if not outright block) Sup Forums and "fake news" sites
>Meltdowns ensue on this board

A complete idiot.

>it's illegal to shitpost on an anonymous imageboard

Hillary was going to do it too. Honestly, the internet is dangerous and we've proven it time and time again. Perhaps if you hadn't stopped supporting the internet to support $hillary, it would have been fine.

I don't care, I'm getting the wall I voted for. Sage.

You all were saying this 5 years ago.
Net neutrality ended a long time ago and yet here we are, same fucking internet.

Stating your annual income without verification is literally the male equivalent of Tits or GTFO

>Why did you autists vote for the guy who's going to dismantle net neutrality?
Senator Ted Stevens will fight for us....Oh wait nevermind, they already got him.

I doubt this is going to happen. This is more bullshit "end of the world" predictions from butthurt Hill-shills.

>b.. but hillary

Just so we can lay this to rest, this is the only time I will paste text from her website:

"Hillary believes that the government has an obligation to protect the open internet. The open internet is not only essential for consumer choice and civic empowerment – it is a cornerstone of start-up innovation and creative disruption in technology markets. Hillary strongly supports the FCC decision under the Obama Administration to adopt strong network neutrality rules that deemed internet service providers to be common carriers under Title II of the Communications Act. These rules now ban broadband discrimination, prohibit pay-for-play favoritism, and establish oversight of “interconnection” relationships between providers. Hillary would defend these rules in court and continue to enforce them. She also maintains her opposition to policies that unnecessarily restrict the free flow of data online –such as the high profile fight over the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)."

And now I've Corrected the Record(tm).

if we actually had to pay for internet shit as presented here the level of piracy would be fucking incredible