What happened with Carrier?

What happened with Carrier?

He made a good deal, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/7hqVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we wont know for sure until he is sworn in.

Basically they got several million in tax breaks to close down a different factory in the US, and keep this one open.

Net loss of jobs overall, but the loss was in a state that didn't support Trump as strongly. He's showing that he will protect his supporters, and deflect harm to the parts of the US that opposed him.

Overall it's still a net loss of jobs.

He kept 1,000 jobs from going to Mexico, at the expensive of 5 million dollars.

Meanwhile, Carrier must invest more than that in the local area. *and* the income taxes off these thousand jobs (if we assume a modest 20% on the average assembly line job of 27,800) over 5 years works out to 27,800,000 dollars.

It's a net win for the country at the cost of a short-term expense. And a short term political win. And Carrier gains some prestige through staying in the states so publicly.

Nice spitting of bullshit. Had the deal not happened, these 1,000 jobs would have also gone to Mexico. Take your disinfo elsewhere. It's not a perfect deal saving every job on the chopping block, but it's better than no deal.

>Overall it's still a net loss of jobs.
Nice try... HUMA ABEDIN!

>Muh 550 layoffs
>You didn't save them all, Donald

Union leaders, pls go
You have people relying on you and you're too busy getting triggered to realize when someone's helping you

Trump supporters are so gullible it is funny.

Yes, and now the door is open for any company to go "oh yeah, uh, i'm moving to china also, forgot to tell you, now pls gib corporate welfare bux"

Trump laid off 550 people.

Please read this and contemplate suicide

You're so daft you think losing 550 jobs is worse than losing 1550 jobs

This. The spin.

>direct corporate welfare is the same as talking about the business incentivizing tax plan and import tariffs you're going to impose

Fuck off. Carrier is also required to pay out more than they net investing in their region.

WWWHHHAAAATTTTT?

He spent his whole campaign boasting about how he's gunna be tough on business that want to leave.

Then he goes to Carrier and literally gives them 7 million dollars of tax payer money and only saves 1/4 of the jobs. And doesn't incorporate the unions into the negotiation.

He had all the leverage in the world with the DOD contract, but wasnt smart enough to use it.

archive.is/7hqVw
>Over the next several months, my team and I worked tirelessly to keep Carrier in our city. We came up with $23 million in savings, but the Carrier brass said that wasn’t enough

Lol, the union guy is pissed because he couldn't convince Carrier to stay with 23 mil when Trump got it done for 7 million paid over 10 years

You know, I don't blame him.
He's an old man with one job and he got BTFO by some allegedly moronic guy with a weird haircut

he paid Carrier 70,000 of your tax dollars for each 55,000$ job he saved

>Hurr, I can't handle basic maths

Here, let me help:
>1000 jobs @ $55k/yr (your estimation, not mine)
>7 million in tax credits over 10 years

1000*55000 = $55,000,000 earned
7000000/10 = $700,000 spent

Now, for your third grade question...
Did Trump make a profitable deal?

Lol he kept 1000. Not 27 thousand. But you are a paid shill and you keep your post is retarded.

>Liberals in charge of reading comprehension

The average wage of a factory employee (according to OP) is 27K/yr

You might not be a shill, but your post is definitely retarded

That moron threatened 51 billion dollars in engine contracts. What the fuck was the union rep going to do?

Not complain when someone with clout comes by and fixes a problem you were having

The exact incorrect response would be to complain about somebody taking an interest in the welfare of your union members
He did, and now he's complaining even more that Trump is being mean to him

It never ends with you brainless fucks

Oh right. Ok nvm. That is a good deal. So the company saved 27 mil from shipping off 1000, and saved 7 mil from the workers it keeps.

It wanted to save 56-65 mil and instead saved 34 mil. So it lost about 20 mil in the negotiation.

And it kept it's 50 billion dollar engine contracts.

Now is this the graft and corruption corporations are going to be curbed of? Finding ways to keep the bleeding down?

Trump hasn't been sworn in ... he can't do anything but gab. Pence is the Gov. of Indiana. He gave state (not Federal) tax credits to generate this PR.

But the union red has to go and meet those 1000 families who's job were not saved.

This is not a good outcome this is a shitty outcome from a shitty thing happening. He can be excused for being pissed. This is home those are his people. Trump got the company to give up 20 mil, when it doesn't have too, and when another factory in another state they own will just move the jobs they need.

This was a small fascists stunt. Not the free market working

Yeah...someone making 27k a year isn't getting taxed at 20%.

Union boss, Nov. 8th 2016
>"Ah man, I'm gonna have to lay off 1550 of my guys. This sucks"

Trump:
>"I got u senpai. Here's 1000 of those jobs back, I'm making your life a bit easier"

Union boss:
>"Fucking Trump, now I have to lay off 550 people instead of 1550"
>"Fuck that guy for doing my job faster and for less money and saving me the hassle"

You're reeeeally convincing me with those hot opinions, friend

Kek

>Instead of those jobs going to Mexico, they are going to robots

>fascists

There's that word again.

was this a Patriot Act joke?

Yup.

Podesta the child molesta? Or are you just some random faggot that should kill themselves?

>listening to a union leader
>expecting an unbiased opinion or "news" out of him

Unions are liberal pawns OP.

holy fucking hell
did we take meme magic too far this time guys

I know that Pence was the one leading the negotiations as governor but doesn't the Federal Government have Carrier by the balls?

UTC owns Carrier and receives the majority of it's income through federal contracts. Couldn't Trump and Pence threaten to cut those contracts in the future if they didn't keep ALL the jobs or even add more?

That would be unfairly strongarming an American business

Carrier legally invested money in Mexico (thanks in no small part to liberal policies that make corporate inversion profitable)
Trump makes a compromise with Carrier where they don't lose all their initial investment and both parties get a mutually beneficial agreement

It's called diplomacy, and it's a critical element of any successful leader

>That would be unfairly strongarming an American business
I understand that but wasn't Trump thing opposing this kind of rationale?

Basically: rule of law fucks workers -> I'm a strongman who doesn't care -> change the law

I am very skeptical of any PR move by a government official. This whole thing reeks a little bit like it is coordinated and seems to help Carrier more than the workers.

>Donald Trump has no experience in politics and is unqualified for the presidency
>He has literally never held political office
>But he's a typical government official, and I don't trust those guys

Are you seeing where I'm losing you?

Textbook crony capitalism

A union assembly worker also isn't making 27k a year.

Do you honestly think that is all they are getting paid? I bet they are getting closer to 40k a year. Just your regular worker not counting electricians, management, hvac guys and so on.

That is not what I said at all.

I don't trust government officials AND I don't trust Trump. After he is sworn in I will not trust him more.

And you misunderstood me

You have no basis for mistrusting Trump
You expected him to go full fascist on US businesses and he didn't
Now you're scrambling for ulterior motives because your paranoia about Trump is clouding your judgement

I don't trust him because he is a crooked state capitalist who used his dad's political connections, and his own, to get rich largely off imposing rents on people who actually contribute to the economy.

I guess I should not have expected him to go full fascist but I'm wondering why his followers haven't put two and two together in regards to how much power he had in this deal.

He made his money in real estate
If there is one avenue of business you'd want a US politician to be invested in, it would be real estate

You can cuck a car plant for cheap labor, but houses and apartments and buildings are here to stay

The majority of real estate earnings are due to government improvements. Land in Flint Michigan is worthless because there are no reliable services while areas that have good schools, roads, and utilities are worth more. People that make a living through real estate are parasites leeching from the real economy.

No deal is better than a bad deal. Trump taught me that.

>Take a cheap plot of land
>Build something that houses thousands, makes millions and contributes to the US economy
>You didn't make that money, goyim! The government made it for you

Cool beans, brb gonna earn a quick billion in real estate

If you build apartments in Antarcticathey would be worthless.

If you build something that connects to public utilities and services it is worth something. The real estate value your property gains is largely due to external factors. If your neighborhood gets gentrified your value goes up, if your water supply is poisoned the value goes down.

we need to take it farther

If you build a well-accommodated condo complex in a culturally enriched shithole you lose money

If you provide appropriately priced lodging in a good location, you make money

Nothing you said negates the fact that to make money you have to make smart decisions.
Trump did this more often than not and now has billions to show for it