Is the supermarket where it all went wrong?

Chances are most of you buy most of your things at big-name supermarket chains. These stores killed off smaller, local businesses that kept money in the community. They instead employ people at minimum wage and suck the profit out of the community. If the locals won't do it, they'll get outsiders in. Plenty of people are desperate for a job, any job.

What we need is to be more local. Local jobs. Local work. No more outsiders coming to destroy our villages. Local shops for local people.

>not buying produce from the farmers market
You'll get good produce and these farmers are mostly good, conservative people too.

This is basically New Deal rhetoric. Look up Wright Patman, a Texas democrat, who went to war against A&P (called the Wal-Mart of its day).

Antitrust law has been pretty much ignored in the USA since WW2. Blame the hippies who thought ending the Vietnam war was more important than protecting workers.

>higher prices
>less selection
Fuck local.

>Money staying in the community
>Food that hasn't been shipped from the other side of the world and filled with artificial preservatives

>muh convenience
>muh .02$ cents in savings

Local markets are the way to go if you value American values.

Mfw grew up going to small family owned markets. Mfw one one they disappeared

i think we'll go back to beeing more self sufficent in the future
nasa leds n shiet
>captcha: select pictures with pizza

Anyone else getting through the captcha really easily? 9/10 I don't need to do the test

Not self sufficient but more local in the future. There are too many people in the world for any massive return to self sufficiency. We are too integrated in our communities although we do not promote the social bonds necessary to maintain them.

And yet we keep on breeding.

Here small stores are popping up everywhere, while supermarkets are being occupied by unions and shit.

Self sufficiency in the sense of primitivism is abandoning the things that make civilization possible. All the good that man has achieved has been due to our increasing reliance on our communities.

I think we just need to break up large corporations and end monopolies they hold which lower wages and increase prices to be almost unaffordable and keep people in debt. People would be able to participate in their communities and feel like they matter.

Big corporations killed small local business for the most part. they can offer the same products for a much cheaper price so theres no reason to get hosed at the register at a mom and pop store.

We're not breeding.

>Implying the people selling things at the "Farmers Market" actually grew it.

A lot of people buy stuff in bulk from the same distributors who supply supermarkets, and sell it for a markup by pretending to be a farmer.

There isn't much regulation around people actually growing what they sell. It's just a markup to make you feel good.

no. but you are close, walmart shipping every little widgit from china did more to kill jobs in the u.s. than anything. the details are long though.
most farming is done away from where people live, supermarkets aren't terrible in terms of killing jobs, they are bad when scienents lied in the 60s about what was healthy :
example: harvard research in the 60s funded by the suger industry , but supermarkets can exsist either way

Every black friday faggots from New York city come out here to fuck everything up.

yeah basically, that is what I was saying 15 years ago.

now there is just silence.
everyone knows I was right and they hate me for it.

it's not about community, it's about culture.
those people who pushed for outsiders to come in are not our people, they are outcasts that we didn't kick out.

a cancerous growth that calls itself the same names we do.

Native birth rates in pretty much every developed country are below replacement

non-western Immigration is the only reason the west isn't in population decline