How did Singapore get so powerful?

Wow, they have a fuckload of weapons
youtube.com/watch?v=R_i7Kq2Wz2w

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

An enduring commitment to meritocratic governance and free-market principles.

Basically the opposite of everything that nova-Sup Forums stands for.

Perfect spot for traders who go from europe to japan/china
over time MONAY

Economic freedom.

>South Korea
>Taiwan
>Hong Kong
>Singapore
>4 "Asian" Tigers
Western nations strike again!

So this is the power of the Han race... Woah

highest average IQ in the world doesn't hurt

Actually, it's probably because of naval trade. Like Venice.

this

Also, they left the malaynegro infested country of Malaysia, and Lee Kwan Yew was based.

>inb4 jewish backed economy

Their government actually regulates the sale of a ll new properties through a holding company. This means the government plays a large role in planning of cities and infrastructure..

>they left the malaynegro infested country of Malaysia
>*checks flag*
OWO

What's this?

Yes, but that's a product of deep investments in the public school system (and Asian values about academic performance).

Geography is certainly Singapore's one abundant natural resource, and maritime commerce was essential to the city's rise.

>they left
You kicked them out m8.

>This means the government plays a large role in planning of cities and infrastructure..
Indeed. That's where the "meritocratic governance" part comes in.

Not that a leaf would know but some people are able to acknowledge their countries are shit.

when they get free of commie shackles the han are all filthy rich
this and their port is part of it, but rich countries are not always militarily strong

That Lee Kuan Yew guy was a fucking good statesman

>
probably a chinklaysian, 1 in 5 malaysians are chinese

Singapore is a wonderful country to live in. I would go back in a heart beat.

it's a small city-state where it is easier to distribute wealth, the people of the nation are mostly of high IQ, and they haven't been afraid to use force to control the country from descending into chaos.

honestly, the REAL redpill is recognizing the city-state as the future. small sovereign populations representing their own interests in a more direct way where shit gets done faster.

correct

Kek

You lived there m88?

>honestly, the REAL redpill is recognizing the city-state as the future.
It's an interesting idea, although certainly for the future rather than the present.

>neo-facist government that works in the interest of more or less racially homogeneous society

I wonder why it's so great

>neo-facist government that works in the interest of more or less racially homogeneous society

not necessarily. Singapore is officially multilingual, and suppresses any kind of speech that might incite racial/cultural conflict.

they way they deal with it there is more effective than how we do, of course, but could never fly here because muh liberty.

>singapore
>fascist
>homogeneous

you w0t m8?

this is more like it

>Short guy, small biceps, weak voice

Not gonna watch this

Singapore is less racially homogeneous than we are. Massive race riots were central to the country's creation.

>Singapore is officially multilingual
I thought their official (government) language was still English?

English, Mandarin, and Malay are all official, but English is de facto in government operations and business.

Our leader at that time was buttblasted at the thought out a significant chink population in ayylmaosia. Millions of chinks and pajeets were bought in by britbongs to mine and tap for rubber, and this eventually led to conflict of interests by the 1950s.

they wanted to protect muh malay interests, so they made some unfair conditions to chinkapore if they wanted to unite with malaysia

As any dude with half a brain cell would do, they left, refusing the terms. My family remained behind, ironically, with millions of others while the rest went to chinkapore, for reasons I know not.

Plus, racial riots contributed to this as well, see May 13 riots.

yep, english is the official language for documents and shit.
Other languages take second precedence.

You could say it's racially homogeneous though. A huge majority of them are chinks. The rest are all minorities.

iirc English is only one of a handful of officially recognized languages. and if you were to go to court or whatever, you can request it be done in Mandarin, whatever the fuck Malay speak, etc.

True, but Malay is their national language.

not really, they're >70% chinese
they teach english and another language depending on who you are (mandarin, tamil, malay)

>Ethnicity (2013):
Chinese 74.3%
Malay 13.3%
Indian 9.1%
Other 3.8%
obs.: Not including non-resident population (29.3%), mostly.

>Languages (2015) (CIA data)
English 70%
Chinese 21.4%
Malay 9.9%
Tamil 1.2%
Other indian languages 1.2%
Other 1.1%
>Languages (spoken at home, government data, 2015)
English 36.9% (up from 18.8% in 1990)
Mandarin 34.9% (up from 23.7% in 1990)
Chinese dialects 12.2% (first recorded as 14.3% in 2010)
Malay 10.7% (down from 14.3% in 1990)
Tamil 3.3% (up from 2.9% in 1990)
Others 2% (first recorded as 2.3% in 2010)

>Religion (2015)
Buddhism 33%
Christianity 18.8%
None 18.4%
Islam 14%
Taoism and folk religion 11%
Hinduism 5%
Other 0.7%

>As any dude with half a brain cell would do, they left, refusing the terms.
No really, Singapore was ejected (unanimously) by the Malaysian parliament two years after acceding to the Federation.

With that said, you're right, the Malays had retarded ideas about unifying the country that exacerbated the crisis. My condolences that your family didn't move south of the border.

>not really, they're >70% chinese
Yes, 74.2% as of 2013. The US was 77.1% white as of 2015.

>Yes, 74.2% as of 2013. The US was 77.1% white as of 2015.
but t. 60%?

it's only 77 if you count hispanic whites which pol does not, no?

>it's only 77 if you count hispanic whites which pol does not, no?
No, that's "white alone", per the US Census Bureau.
census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/00

Anyway, I would personally include Hispanic whites for the purposes of purely racial statistics. If we're talking ethnography (i.e. including linguistic factors), it's a different story. But I'm not exactly a Sup Forumsack.