SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY

How do you see the next ten years panning out Sup Forums?

Is conventional warfare dead?

Is privacy a thing of the past?

Will we see a new 9/11 type event?

Will superpowers ever come to head?

India vs Pakistan vs Iran vs Saudis

VS

ISRAEL

and then peace in the middle east

robots take all the poor peoples jobs and then when they get uppity they get gunned down in the streets by robot cops

it will be awesome

This fucking guy in the middle with huge belly lmao

american """"journalist""""

Continued growing of the divide between rich and poor

Cuckerberg has erect nipples

>Is conventional warfare dead?
it has been
>Is privacy a thing of the past?
it has been
>Will we see a new 9/11 type event?
probably nothing as shocking. I doubt it.
>Will superpowers ever come to head?
They will have to deal with the masses of people. Low skill work will all but evaporate in service industries (see amazon go). If there aren't public institutions that redistribute wealth and impose living restrictions on the beneficiaries of the redistribution in developed nations we're going to keep seeing more instability. The upcoming market crash will be another point where life is noticeably not as good as it used to be.

I have no research, but I'd love to find support for or against my gut feelings.

>Is conventional warfare dead?
No, it never will be
>Is privacy a thing of the past?
I think there will always be ways to hide
>Will we see a new 9/11 type event?
Maybe? I'd put my bets on France happening on christmas.
>Will superpowers ever come to head?
America is the only current superpower

A new 9/11, defo not gonna happen. That's only in the cards if technology makes a significant leap forward -- i.e. when the singularity happens or something of that magnitude.

>>Is conventional warfare dead?
>No, it never will be

Elaborate

It always comes down to the infantryman and his rifle.
What do you suppose unconventional warfare is?

Anything that isn't basic infantry, it's not dead yet but I really doubt we will still be fighting in that type of way in 100 years. It'll be almost all cyber. Maybe even fought with robot infantry, which I guess would make it comvential in a way

Warlords in Africa are going to keep fighting conventional wars regardless.
I think it's a kind of a concept that you can't just make go away.
If two equally powerful opponents were to fight using robots, (though I'd still probably consider it conventional warfare just as I consider using long range missiles as conventional warfare)
they'll keep grinding each other away until their resources start depleting and suddenly child soldiers armed with rusty AK's might seem like a good idea again.

Conventional war isn't dead but its rarer. Like the other poster says, there will always be a bunch of poor guys with a rifles vs half a million dollar mini tanks and drones.

Privacy is dead. I've been anticipating a big leak one day soon. The profiles that marketing companies keep on all of us across every website through affiliate shit and browsers/devices themselves

Yes there will be another 9/11 type attack. Look how common terror attacks are in non western countries. Now they will become common in the west too.

I would be surprised if the superpowers actually came to a head instead of ended nested proxy conflicts, although I was surprised by the cavalier language by non Trump repubs and democrats re Russia during the primaries so who knows.

Weak edit. Zuckerberg always wears grey t-shirts.

There's very many people living today. Not using them in combat situations would be cost-ineffective.

Okay, I gave this a little more thought and I think any action with which you're looking to either destroy or rout the enemy directly, should be considered conventional warfare.

Unconventional warfare would be shit like poisoning the enemy's farmlands to deny food production or otherwise indirectly hinder the enemy's capacity to wage a conventional war.

I think both can be equally effective and both will stay equally relevant into the foreseen future

We will all have our own rocketpacks and hovercars.
When Quantum processors arrive all encryption will be hacked in virtually no time at all.

In the next 10 years:
> ISIS will be crushed in Syria. But by Russia, not by the west.
> The Euro will collapse. Italy goes back to its own currency as does Greece. Only a core amount of countries use the Euro after that, mainly France and Germany & Ireland.
> The EU breaks up. Borders try to close, bacause...
> The Muslim invasion of last year is increased a hundred fold over the next 10 years as Turkey opens its borders up to the EU. Erdogan shrugs.
> The USA makes a lot of money and reduces immigration.
> Brexit happens.

No

No

Can't say

Likely