Columbine

>school shooting
>knows they are going to possibly die
>hides underneath shitty spots, sees others doing the same and getting shot
>figuring out these guys are shooting mercilessly
>decide to hide in useless cover and hope I'm lucky

Why didn't anyone zerg rush these guys if they knew they were going to die? Why did so many not fight back, even if it meant their death? I understand being shocked and afraid, but wasn't there something someone could have done at the time?

>inb4 troll
I'm mildly curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FIRT7lf8byw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it never actually happened and they were just actors.

Largely pre-internet, pre-terror. The very notion of someone doing what they did was almost mind bending to normies at the time.

Also, we're not asians (I'm not from Vancouver). We don't possess the zerg rush mentality because we value our individual lives.

Selfishness. Why sacrifice yourself when you won't be alive to enjoy the results.

Explain a bit more?

>Why didn't anyone zerg rush these guys if they knew they were going to die? Why did so many not fight back, even if it meant their death? I understand being shocked and afraid, but wasn't there something someone could have done at the time?

Rationally you have a Prisoner's Dilemma.

Cooperation yields a better outcome than everyone not cooperating, but the other person intending to cooperating and you screwing them over yields the best result for you.

So the best case scenario for an individual is that everyone attacks the gunmen except you, who uses the opportunity to escape. The worst case is that you attack the gunmen and nobody else does, because they use the opportunity to escape.

Without some outside motivation to coordinate cooperation there will be none, since everyone is trying to maximize their own survival.

A mixture of disbelief, self preservation and literal fear I'm sure.
There are so many people that exist OP who will completely freeze up in a situation. The whole fight or flight thing does not exist for said people.

RARE FLAG

dont listen to the fucking retard

false flags exist, but columbine wasnt one of them

People especially kids aren't trained soldiers who know how to think under pressure and what to do and where to go.

id smear blood all over myself and play dead tho

I understand the process. And the condition of the situation, I guess most didn't want to risk option A or B in that scenario. Plus I'm sure it was a huge shock and pure chaos. Fight or flight, not all have it.

I couldn't even do half as well explaining this as Alex Jones or some other YouTube conspiracy video.

>I understand the process. And the condition of the situation, I guess most didn't want to risk option A or B in that scenario. Plus I'm sure it was a huge shock and pure chaos. Fight or flight, not all have it.

Except I'm pretty sure few of the people being attacked were thinking rationally. It was just "food for thought," as they say. Junk food.

this and 9/11 ruined america

I understand that there's a lot of false flag events, but Columbine seems realistic and not falsified. I could understand Sandy Hook or the Boston Bombing, but this one doesn't seem fabricated. I just think they were edgy and narcissistic and had a god-like narrative . Unless you're implying they were CIA plants etc.

What flag is that

Papa New Guinea

Ty

how would they all know to zerg rush at the same time? telepathy?

I was being naive.

this

Also the thing that no one in that school ever even imagined a school shooting happening , how it would go down, how they would act etc.

So a such occurence was a "blank space" in their mind, same as , let's say , people in the WTC when planes hit it, it's just total confusion, some just don't believe that it's really happening and for most instincts kick in - to guarantee safety at all costs, so hiding under a table nearby would be their first action

Like when conquistadors arrived on with horses and native indians were utterly mindfucked because nowhere in their dreams they would have imagined such a thing happening, which further fueled various foolish actions, all in all, what I am trying to say is that rational thinking for pretty much everyone without training and past experience in similar situations just switches off and in its place comes disbelief, instincts, most just freeze

u know u can just hover ur cursor over the flag and itll tell u

This. I have worked security for years. I saw a two dudes about to get into a fight once. One of the guys threw a punch, but not at the other dude... No.... He knocked that guys girlfriend directly out. Even though the dude was already about to fight, that amount of surprise killed his aggression and he froze. He was so shocked that the other dude walked away talking shit and he still couldn't do anything.

How do you mentally prepare yourself then? Or do you need to go through a traumatic experience to know how to react?

Also, they had to reload at one point in the library, wouldn't that have been a perfect opportunity as well? Guard down and all?

Yeah, and you don't even have to analyse humans

Take a look at the latest viral video where some aussie jabs a kangaroo right in the nose, I might be wrong, but the utter disbelief and all around pose of the animal just matches both your and other similar situations too well

youtube.com/watch?v=FIRT7lf8byw

Well, for things like brawls and fights, some training in martial arts can definitely help because in case of a fight your training will just kick in and you'll probably won't even think

Same goes for all the law enforcement that are trained for hostage rescues, terrorism, robberies etc

For simple pupils in a highschool, I don't think there can be any real way to prepare for a shooting, giving courses 4 times in a year and conducting training similar to evacuation in case of fire could be traumatising and school shootings can't really be predicted as good, I have no real ideas, to be honest

Would it have been better to have an armed guard at the school? Security officer etc?

I like how the guy reaches for his knife at 1:46 just in case the roo comes at him.

>be american
>expect to not get shot
>get shot

Maybe if schools allowed conceal carry, this shit wouldn't have been nearly as bad.

It's pretty easy to think about hypothetically charging a man with a gun and being a hero. You're likely to be paralyzed by fear at your imminent death just like everyone else though. Soldiers are trained specifically not to value their own lives in order to get around this naturally psychological response.