Black woman chosen to be the face of the new Canadian $10 bill

>black woman chosen to be the face of the new Canadian $10 bill.

Hailed as a "black activist" she will be replacing the first prime minister of Canada and the founder of Canadian confederation.

Viola Desmond is not known by anyone for anything ever.
She is a rich 1/4th black woman who defied a theater by sitting in the white section 60+ years ago. She was held in jail for 10 hours and then all charges were dropped. A paper picked it up at the time and around then racial segregation was going out of popularity.

She never did anything besides that one event.

She is now the face of the Canadian 10$ bill to be replacing our founder of confederation in order to promote diversity.

Canada has a 2% black population and slavery was pretty much never a thing here due to harsh winters.

Canada also has a >15% asian population but I never see any Asians being paraded around.

Instead we get a 1/4th black "activist" who's only contribution was getting wrongly sent to jail for 10 hours for sitting in a whites only section during the 40s (they later apologised). And she is replacing the founder of Canadian confederation on one of our most popular banknotes (the 10)

Thanks Trudeau

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_Prohibiting_Importation_of_Slaves
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_v._Jennison
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Liberals are never going to get re-elected after this. Amazing how a government can get practically NOTHING meaningful done and STILL do ridiculous amounts of damage.

Canada NO!

I think I actually am understanding the time period of the 60s. Some nigger thought "Hey I'm going to be famous if I violate the law!" like every SJW dreams and she did it. 'm sure most niggers werent looking for trouble and the white people just wanted to see a play but some SJW nigger had to nigger howl and literally not sitting in an assigned seat (all theater seats have rows and numbers)

Fuckin SJWs

It absolutely boggles my mind how anyone could consider what she did as a banknote worthy.

To me this feels like a piggybacks off the BLM movement, something which legit has nothing to do with Canada.

African Canadians are almost all from islands like Jamaica and Haiti, there was no mass slavery, there's no history of oppression.

I really don't understand why they are pushing this "she fought the evil whitey" narrative. At least put a native or leader of industry or some shit. She legit did nothing.

>Niggers actually using brains

>Canadian niggers

>Trudeau

Fuckin canadians

>At least put a native

There was some leftists upset about this on /r/Canada. I hope it causes a rift among them.

I push my fingers into my FRIIIIIES

Just fuck my poutine up senpai

>slavery was pretty much never a thing here due to harsh winters.
>Canadians actually believe this

Many of the Northern US states abolished slavery before Canada did. Many blacks fled to the US from Canada because of this.

>Canada also has a >15% asian population but I never see any Asians being paraded around.

Slope eyes confirmed

There were many native tribes that allied with the first British settlers and had a significant role in the creation and development of Canada.

Source me up nigger

Good Canada needs to apologize for slavery

She looks white tho

Exactly. I don't think putting a native would cause the uproar this did. It make sense here from a historical/cultural sense, and natives have more of a claim to victim minority status than blacks do in Canada since they obviously wanted that angle.

Diversity activism has absolutely nothing to do with the history of a nation. The fact of the matter is that Canada is a nice place to live with a population that easily feels shame and guilt because of the way they've been raised, and who does not possess a vocabulary of group interests to defend itself. In any other culture, members of a group can rely on the construct of a community and a group identity in order to not have to deal with the parasitic onslaught of outsider trying to profit from the accumulated social and physical capital that exist in the country, but not so in the anglo sphere, where total individualism reign supreme to such an extent that any mention of a group identity basically gets you branded as Hitler.

We need to be able to talk about "our" group again, to talk about its protection and its interests.

so black that she's white

only in leafistan is this possible

Just memes in the old-school way and deface the bills with her picture on it whenever you get one.

fuck man. this is ridiculous.

what about fucking Nelly? She led the god damn fucking suffrage movement and they ignore her. Or Laura Secord?

If they want to do their virtue signalling via our symbols that's one thing; but this is nonsense.

Even if this were true it would not matter. The point is for Canadians to do things that will produce the results they want, not focus about slavery or continuously apologize for the past.

This desu
Diogenes of Sinope would be proud

Laura Secord, Emily Carr, Roberta Bondar all better choices but white so no.

>Putting a literal who on their currency

I read this in a well sourced book called "The Trouble With Canada...Still!" pg 72-73

>believing this nonsense

just b/c congress outlawed new transactions, new acquisitions, etc. doesn't mean they didn't keep slaves well into the nineteenth century, and wasn't outlawed til the civil war.

we stopped taking slaves in 1793, was outlawed as new acquisitions/trading in 1806 or 1807, and totally outlawed in 1833. We stopped practicing slavery well before 1833, but thanks for playing the national guilt tune, you fucking mong.

precisely this. What about Tem?

pathetic.

Shes

>wrongly sent to jail for 10 hours for sitting in a whites only section
>wrongly

This is where we are going to disagree to an extent. They shouldn't have arrested her, they should have beat her and dragged her bleeding back to the nigger section.

>they should have beat her and dragged her bleeding back to the nigger section

Man, you can't drag someone all the way to Africa. You'd need a boat.

Again: this does not matter. The whole point of weaponized history is to convince the established population of a given country to do X-Y-Z by making them feel bad about something. It's utterly irrelevant simply because it does not work to further our interests, at which point we simply do not have to consider it.

We have no reason to assume that anybody else but ourselves work for our own interests, at which point we are obligated to do so.

>The Trouble with Canada: A Citizen Speaks Out

as much as I can respect that guy for writing an anti-PC/anti-CBC book, the insistence that there was any real slavery or that it wasn't abolished before the states is nonsense. It was clearly (legally) safer to be in Canada than northern US, as the 1850 fugitive act was just a congressional recognition of established legal practice.

The amount of slaves thought to ever been in canada ranges from 3k-30k, mostly held be natives. Black slaves was maybe 3k, the rest being bought/sold/won via native trading, so not my problem.

Massachusetts freed all slaves in 1783. By 1784, New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island had enacted gradual end to slavery. In 1787, the Northwest Ordinance had been passed, outlawing any new slavery in the Northwest territories, modern day Midwest.

inb4 the official apologies

You're still arguing from implicit premises that make no sense. Even if there had been 2 million slaves in Canada it would matter nothing to what profits us today, which is really the primary concern we should have. Everything else is bullshit and lies, especially notion of historical justice. Minority don't work for justice. They work for themselves while presenting their own interests as being a question of justice that sins that whites have to atone for. Waste of time.

See , several of the New England states and new territories to the west had outlawed slavery before the 1790's.

If any cashier tries to give me one of those I'm telling them to give me a real bill

Can we all just agree that if there was slavery in Canada, what is this bitch doing on the bill?

Why not have a actual slave rather than "boo hoo I got kicked out of a theater"

to my knowledge, this was an outlawing of the practice or transportation of slavery, simply no longer allowing new transactions or acquisitions.

even still, it was much safer in Canada, where there were maybe a few thousand slaves between 1608-1807 held by british administrators.

but I get what you mean .

it's deemed universal justice but it is really minority-agenda pushing that deems whites entirely responsible.

yes we can.

What if they swapped Macdonald for a poor white male who decided he was entitled to a first row seat at the theatre because muh opression.

She didn't do any good for others
She didn't act for a cause
She only wanted a better spot for her own enjoyment

>On 28 August 1833, slavery was abolished throughout the British colonies by an Imperial Act which became effective 1 August 1834. The act formally freed nearly 800,000 slaves but there were probably fewer than 50 slaves in British North America by that time.
>probably fewer than 50 slaves in British North America by that time.

Really makes you think

Totally sad that her minimal impact on society can supercede the founder of a nation.

It's like black people have to be patted on the head and someone to say "Good boy", or they will go nuts.

No, you are thinking of the end of the Atlantic Slave Trade for USA.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_Prohibiting_Importation_of_Slaves

Massachusetts outright outlawed slavery in 1783, based on the 1780 state constitution and a series of law cases.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_v._Jennison

>wanted a better view
>now she can buy as many front row tickets as she wants

Allahu Akbar, truly Justin (Just) Trudeau is a smart man.

Thank you for this.

Too many Canadians believe that we were saviors of the black race or something. Truth is there was a reverse underground railway from Canada to US for a time

Should have been the Queen of the Hurricanes.

You don't have a clue how politics works in this country. The liberals and then the conservatives will be elected, back and forth, forever. There is very little difference between them. They mostly do the exact same things because the real power in Canada is in the civil service and not in the know-nothing asshats we elect.

so even less relevant than the already irrelevant rosa parks?
crazy world

I live in Ottawa, I see these civil service fucks everyday. They need to nuke this place, start all over again.

Muh John A. MacDonald ;-;

She looks so white I bet she was just hoping nobody noticed she had some nigger in her when she sat down in that dark theatre. They noticed though...

Literally who

Fuck this county

MacDonald is on the $100, a significant upgrade.

literal who

i never use cash anyway

got the whites looking one tho so why u mad?

What about poor Robert Borden?

>replacing your founder of confederation to eradicate nationalism/promote MUH DIVERSITY and the NWO

CANADA YES

ebil white raycist

Canada has to stop existing.