Japanese Uni Lectures now Teach Anime

I didn't think degeneracy like this was even possible, what if it spreads to the west?

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-04-07/university-professor-uses-bakemonogatari-in-japanese-literature-class/.100779

This could seriously affect our politics in the near future.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TOlWzlNk0nw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if the animu holds up to the same level of writing as other classics and holds good honest lesson then it is fine.

sage

oh god no

>Aichi University of Education
who cares
those tiny '''''''''''''''''''''University'''''''''''''''''''''''' do is high school tier lecture

Bakemonogatari is a masterpiece of literature.

Soon technology will allow all of us to be smug anime girls

Bakemonogatari is a widely read series of novels. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Bakemonogatari is gud sheet although it doesn't hold a candle to My Balls

>Japanese Uni Lectures now Teach Anime
You mean LNs. Wow, a form of literature normally written off as otaku crap being recognized as literature. You're pretty retarded, mate.
Biggest shock to me was that Bakemonogatari hasn't been published in English yet.

There's no point in translating Nisio. If you don't speak Japanese you won't get half the shit anyways.

i dont trust your url but i want to attend such a university. I dont really like anime but i do like the kind of people it attracts, even it they are losers.

It better have been the toothbrush scene!

it's the nippon variarity of gender/fat/femenists studies

That manga wrecks the line between ecchi and hentai. Too lewd to be ecchi, but yet there's only like 4 actual sex moments (which would be really low for a full-blown hentai of is size) and it actually has a plot unlike 89% of hentai

ANN is a more refutable source of information than any MSM.

>manga

I mean reputable :^)

Wait what? There's an animation out for it???

Also referred to it as manga in general because its kinda hard to classify it in my personal opinion.

Oretama(My Balls) is a manga

> tfw professor-tier taste

Thought he was talking about monogatari lul

But Bakemonogatari is actually incredibly well written, to the point where the anime's primary criticism, at least by western viewers, is that no translation can do it justice.

> Japanese intellectuals

Yeah, I had a hard time enjoying the anime because of all the fast subs and flashing text. I've heard the novels are even more loaded with puns and wordplay to the point where a translation would just be a mess. A shell of what its supposed to be, like a gutted fish.

True facts.

>you will never move to Japan and get a degree in Anime

Being fair, it started as a book series and the language is pretty complex.

>not liking anime

Go back to r.eddit you cuck faggots

But Bakemonogatari is genuinely more appropriate in a literature class than most women and minority authors.

It will be released in English on the 20th of this month.

>you will never write a thesis on smug anime girls

I just bought and read all of Kizumonogatari. Vertical did an amazing job translating it.

>japanese literature
>joke degree being a fucking joke

What did you fucking expect?

I love anime

Same.

me too

Why do you think I made this thread?

>Bakemonogatari
>not literature
You're probably the kind of person who thinks science-fiction isn't literature either.

>bakemono
>toothbrush scene
that's nisemonogatari 1 I think. Dunno the exact placement in the novels

Professors use popular culture to get their students attention? Well this is certainly an unheard - degenerate - method.

>LNs
>Literature

Even VNs have more artistic and cultural merit.

The monogatari series is an avant garde work exploring social relations using Jungian, Freudian and Adlerian psychology. As well as Japanese folklore and language in a modern Japanese setting creating engaging and often humorous stories. On the other hand, science fiction is just retarded shit :^)

LNs are really just novellas geared towards teens.
Doesn't mean they lack artistic and cultural merit anymore than Watchmen

>science fiction is just retarded shit :^)
That smiley with the carat nose better be indicating that you're pulling my leg

I'd be cool discussing why Space Nazism is right and why we need to commit genocide on the Australians.

SIEG ZEON!

I love fictional science.

>implying not everyone who takes a Japanese class is already a weaboo

They're novellas geared towards teens that due to their limited target demographic have to dumb down language into easily comprehensible and common expressions, and that very limitation on its own can hurt any kind of expressive work.

If you understand how Japanese works as a language you'd know, then, that it's even worse. Try limiting yourself to 3000 words for any kind of literary work and good luck properly expressing a thoughtful message or communicating anything but mindless drivel with it.

Be lewder

American colleges teach Film as Literature. So this is more or less the same shit.

What's this called again?

>They're novellas geared towards teens that due to their limited target demographic have to dumb down language into easily comprehensible and common expressions, and that very limitation on its own can hurt any kind of expressive work.
>Bakemonogatari
>dumbed down language
wew lad. I feel sorry for the poor bastard who had to translate 1Q84 if Bakemonogatari is considered easily comprehensible

It's true for most of them but Nisio is more geared towards pretentious young adults so if anything the language and expressions are deliberately more complicated than they should be.

Well, I think this professor found himself a gaurenteed full class full of weebs. But damn it is getting harder to take going to college seriously everysingle day.

Don't we all?

>Teach Anime
>Light novels
did you even read the first sentence of the article or did you stop at the title?

the future we chose

>Japanese literature

It's just 2deep4u :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=TOlWzlNk0nw

Nisio uses plays on words (that are seriously overrated, but whatever) to give himself his own distinct style, but he's still constrained by the limitations of the market he chose, and his characters, plotlines and worlds suffer due to it. It's not like anything he writes withholds any meaning. He's no Kawabata.

Based gooks

>university-professor-uses-bakemonogatari-in-japanese-literature-class
still more useful than a gender studies degree or history major

Nisio spoonfeeds information for sure but you know, does wilful abstruseness make you a good writer?

Seeing as people here are kinda interested in novels, I suggest that you check out Keikaku Itoh's Genocidal Organ. It has some politics in it, too, so you'd surely be entertained.

>When Sarajevo was destroyed by a homemade nuclear weapon, the leading democracies of the world transformed into surveillance states, while developing countries endured a multitude of genocides. Intelligence agent Clavis Shepherd must track him down the man who seems to be responsible, American John Paul.
Hint: nobody likely read the article. OP doesn't know what the Bakemonogatari anime is based on Nisio Isin's novels.

QUICK
CLAIM WAIFU

>Doesn't mean they lack artistic and cultural merit anymore than Watchmen

It's the Japanese equivalent of YA fiction. You ever look at people who know fuck all about Western culture thinking the Hunger Games is amazingly fresh and deep shit? Same damn thing.

Americans are dumb niggers that's why no one takes your shit seriously. Also the hunger games is just a battle royale ripoff.

I wish I had a screencap of that scene where kagami talks to konata about her reading habits. The punchline of the joke is that you can't check out manga from libraries. Just look at the world now.

>people will write academic papers about smug anime girls

Only hipsters go to libraries nowadays.

Bake is already a power point presentation anyways

The only people that I know who go to libraries in 'murica do so exclusively to check out manga. Libraries also have vidya set up for teens.

>japanese education

>Hirose is a fan ofNisiOisinand has quoted fromTsukimonogatariin an earlier presentation, even imitating Shinobu's distinctive tone from the anime.

What a fucking weeb kaka

>not giving lectures on the cultural significance of pretty cure and kamen rider instead

We have a library at college where you can check out scientific papers but you can access their server from home too. Libraries in essence are just computers pretty much and I have a computer, two actually.

Just what is it about anime qts that makes them so irresistable.

Of course the Hunger Games is shit. All YA lit is vapid shit sold to delusional teenagers who are just intelligent enough to derive pleasure from reading but too retarded to read anything of actual merit. LNs are nothing more than Japanese YA. I don't care if you like them or not and there's no shame in liking them, but at least have the honesty to call them what they are. That's all.

Hunger games is shit because it was made by Americans who tried to rip off a Japanese novel. Your views are skewed because your "culture" is just shit in general.

I unironically wouldn't be surprised or mad if this happened, atleast in Jap sociology classes.

Anime is part of thier culture if they like it or not, and it does reflect them to an extent.

Although, there are other ways to see a reflection of Japanese society...

literally best girl

Nice son.

Weeaboo treatment procedure.txt booted up

They should be whipped until the only thing they can say is "Anime is trash ,just like me, and only for losers and perverts" and then a priest shall baptise them so god may judge them , because those fedorafags are obviously just trying to escape holy judgement by being atheists , and then they shall be shot with blessed ammunition!
DEUS VULT! Sup ForumsACKS AGAINST DEGENERACY!

>Try limiting yourself to 3000 words for any kind of literary work and good luck properly expressing a thoughtful message or communicating anything but mindless drivel with it.

>What is furigana

>Thinking this is specifically about the Hunger Games
>Missing the point this hard
>Twice

Wew lad. Also you know Battle Royale was based off of a Western novel right?

TOP KAKA

ROACHUS REMOVUS

>talks about hunger games
>starts whining when there's a response about hunger games
Cut the bullshit just admit that you niggers can't match Japanese novels folded over 6 million times.

Novels don't have cartoon pictures

imblign

FUCKING WEEABOOS , WHEN THE SUN HAS SET ON THE DAY OF THE ROPE , WHEN THE ARMORED CARS HAVE FINISHED THEIR JOBS IN THE HOODS YOU'RE NEXT , THE DEATH SQUADS WON'T HOLD BACK JUST BECAUSE YOURE WHITE , IF YOURE DEGENERATE THERE WILL BE NO MERCY!

>folded over 6 million times

Well playe, had me going for awhile there

Shush labanc cuck.

>6 Million times
>6 Million
Good Goy

You read a website called Anime news network.

Neck your self weeb

no

lol