Is German guilt a thing?

Is German guilt a thing?
Are german kids in school taught not to love their country and be proud about it or is it just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_Rcc7xgD2dM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump, I wanna know too

>Are german kids in school taught not to love their country and be proud about it or is it just a meme?

Depends on the teacher. 95% of all German teachers are female marxist faggots. So no, it's not a meme

what were you taught?

its not just a meme. I think it depends where in germany you live. Back in school (especially english class) we learned the literal meme agenda of martin luther king, nelson mandela, misogony, u name it.

Now in uni we have buildings where there are pro refugee propaganda posters on every floor.
AFD is hated by everyone.

Generally speaking i think its not as bad as Sup Forums makes its sound but its still a thing.

It's more subtle. We have a rich history, but schools tend to limit it one four blocks - medieval time, U.S. founding fathers (for whatever reason), nazi germany and the seperated germany.
Apart from that they just tell you how bad we had it under nazi rule, that's about it. You wouldn't be proud in the nation our schools show you.

Yes, the term you are lookong for is Vergangenheitsbewältigung.

There's no way it's a meme. You don't become that ultra-cucked without severe indoctrination.

not to forget about the muh sixtrijillion history class.

Yes and its Auslanders fault for creating this mindset and there's no excusing it

>Thomas Jefferson
>Not Otto von Bismarck
wat

You are sick psychopats and most of you need to be in the madhouse.

WWI and WWII are just a effect of what you really are.

We are mostly met with the fiercest opposition if we ever try to "reclaim" the country or anything of that sorts. So there is MASSIVE guilt from WW2 in that regard.
Generally the topic is avoided.
Nationalism is not welcomed, only busywork and loser poets is something you should take pride in. They hate it when you take an advantage simply by being a group or priveleged.

I'd like to see a history lesson about the time between WWI and the rise of Hitler, the time when leftist tried to turn this country into a soviet republic.

what? sorry but I do not speak subhuman

Don't know if this quote is real, but it sound like something Bismarck would say.

I had this time in history class

I learned about that in a Cambridge college in SA, how do you not learn that in actual Krautland, that makes no sense.

So, how cucked is the german youth?

We did not, we actually skipped most of national history.

You just proved my point psycho!

Thank God the Russians were not such beast like you and let you live!

You did not deserve that mercy!

I dont think that guilt was ever an issue. Obviously people today are in no way responsible for past events. WW2 was very barely covered, emphasis was on Hitler's rise to power, and how the Weimar Republic was too flawed to stop it. Most of the patriotic content stemmed from the German revolution of 1848, which is seen as the forerunner of modern Germany.

>U.S. founding fathers (for whatever reason)

because you're occupied, lol. your government is a US puppet. sorry, senpai.

Nazis did nothing wrong, mate. just a good ol' ethnic cleansing to clean up Europe. no need to be butthurt about it.

>Merkel_is_handed_German_flag_and_shoos_it_away.webm

This! I think the largest Part of the german youth today is not cucked, but to stupid to understand what is happening at the moment.

It depends on the school and the teacher, how open the they make it. Obviously some teachers are patriots, not that many but still. What I have noticed they are trying to paint Germany as something good, while trying to present the Germans as bad people, who don't deserve this good and wealthy country.

i was in Germany earlier this year, and from what i noticed was Germans are still very prideful people, and most know the refugee crisis is bullshit... or you could convince them very easily using simple logic.

i got the sense your people can only really release their pride though through football, which they did, and very loudly. every TV when Germany was playing had a swarm of Germans around it, even in random public squares, then nothing but blazing car horns afterwards.

they just need to be able to channel that pride more productively, such as in national policy. you really just need a Trump.

I beleive this is at least partly done deliberately by worsening and often changing the school curriculum and other measures like promoting black ghetto thug music and drug culture.

>What is 3 milion migrats and people still voting for Merkel?

Not a meme. never met a Redpilled, Conservativ or rightwing teacher in 12 years. they are all left as fuck, just like their students and guilt is one of the first things they will teach you

how can you hate this?

I often talk with a 16 years old female from Germany and she literally told me "I associate marching with bad things" when I told her about Peronist movements.

She's completely brainwashed.

(((Leftists)))

Like I said it depends, where you are. There are patriots in our generation, but only maybe thirty percent of men. I doubt the football patriotism is meaning full in determining, wheather or not someone is on our side.

I love this meme.

my german teacher told me that the only moment a german will show patriotism is in football
fucking cucks, stay in your cuckland, i swear to god if i hear a french or a german once again complaining about militarization in mexico i'll butcher them

in History our supreme redpilled teacher always taught us about WW2 as it properly was, he told me Germans are really vague when they teach their students about it because they have associated guilt because they are, in modern times, his words, poofs (it means faggots). He said that shortly after teaching us Ernst Rohm like fucking men and was "rightfully" killed and given the heroic option by the saviour Hitler to kill himself or to get shot.

He told me the only German in this school as a teacher would always shun him for teaching Nazi Germany and would refer to Hitler as "that Austrian" (sounds like a sitcom).

I'm Turkish not limey btw.

>I doubt the football patriotism is meaning full in determining, wheather or not someone is on our side.

i don't necessarily think so either, but even if the football enthusiast doesn't realize it, i think on a subconscious level this display of pride is something they want to express desperately, even if they might call you a Nazi if you were to shift the conversation to something more meaningful.

i was mostly in the western part of Germany, btw.

In my experience, while the classes are a bit biased (WW2 gets huuuuge coverage compared to other, just as important periods of European/German history), most of the indoctrination happens in extracurricular activities, both mandatory and voluntary. There were all sorts of feminist and diversity programs, days or events at my school. Left wing activism was tolerated or encouraged ("You are in the Antifa? Cool, here's your permit to go """"demonstrate"""" instead of to class") while conservative or right wing opinions got you bullied and possibly expelled (it never gets to the "activism" part, the pressure is just too high). Shilling for the CDU (center-right back then) was the fringe of social acceptance.

And this was before the SJW gender confusion and islamophilia shit fully caught on. I can't possibly imagine how it is now.

Effectively there isn't that much you can learn from the teachers after primary school. Anyway most would be incapable or/and not intrested if they could. We should get rid of the hole public school stuff after primary school and those who want educated themselves.

Its real. History class is majority muh evil nazis and holocaust. You visit a kz, synagogue or holocaust museum with class.
You loose your career if you say sonething that can be interpreted as antisemitism or not purely critical of nazis if you are somewhat of a public figure.
Racist nazis is used for social shaming and shutting down discussion.

>whole class bends over in prayer moqsque in 4 grade as part of "cultural exchange" lesson
>Putting condoms on wood dildos in 8th grade
>Visit memorials especially designed to remind of how bad your father's were
>Constant hammering in of the 6 quadrillion
>Nationalism absolute taboo

Guilt? Pah, it's the national religion

In the western part are big differences too. I guess there is something to it and the left has already tried to attack it. But with more brown players even this is gettin questionable, how much worshipping this team can be seen as a stance on identity issues and the implicit wish for a relatively racially homogeneous Germany.

its true, my baby grill is a german from the east and her school had a required field trip to a concentration camp, the literally made her whole class stay in a concentration camp to feel what jews felt for like a week.

she even said she thought it was a bit too much to prove a point, I try to red pill and tell her she was getting indoctrinated by American jews but shes too far gone :(

>American history in Germany

Fucking American joos man

>mfw going to Dachau and cucks are literally crying everywhere

I've been to Germany many times. It's both half-truth and half-myth.

I come from rural Baden, and I was lucky who had an old school history teacher.

He flatley said that Hitler wasnt all bad. He was born in 1931. He was fucking based and ranted against the only Turk in our class pretty much all the time.

One time we were doing the Hitler salute as he walked in. He just chuckled made a little "jaja heil" gesture and told us to stop it.

Miss you Gruber. I attended his funeral after he fell off his bike and died.

Most of history classes were just dull as far as I remember, although the narrative in the official history books is fiercely anti-German when it comes to the world wars.

I remember that there was a lot of diversity bullshit, like we had to visit a mosque and a synagogue, and I also remember our ethics teacher was a rabid leftist who told us we should be ashamed of our history. I went into full nazi mode for a while back then because it triggered me so much.

Wait is this a meme or are you serious? A serious amount of time in your history courses is spent on American history? What the fuck?

I mean in America we definitely do some of the French Revolution in high school but that's about the most we focus on any other countries.

I shouldn't really brag though a good third of our history is about the kangz and racism

>most of you need to be in the madhouse
Said the Bulgar shit.

An entire week? Surely, in some class somewhere, there was a Cartman that asked to stay longer.

lmao i had 4 years of ww2 in history but we never listened to a speech of hitler

really makes you think

Spend more than one night with it.

they have to learn their master's history

I was visiting Dachau with my GF after a road trip through the area. As expected "muh 6 gorillion" and crying jews and guilt ridden German cucks everywhere.

As we walked into the main building, I told my GF the "my grandfather died in a Concentration Camp, he fell drunk off the tower" joke, and she bursted out laughing really loud and couldt stop laughing.

We were asked to leave by some cuck who worked there.

And that was our 15 minute visit to Dachau.

Wait, do they not teach you about the German unification in the 19th century? Even we get 2 sentences about that in our 8th grade history books.

basically this
it's not officially on the plan but most history teachers (really the only subject where you could "learn" that) are indeed far left, and usually so old they shook hitler's hand personally
I got lucky and had a pretty based male history teacher

she really doesn't look that good, especially with short hair.

My local hair care center is more proud of Germans the. Germans are of themselves.

don't worry m8, we get this shit in the states too. I would get so triggered about this shit bc our teachers would just constantly drive into us how evil the nazis were and how ashamed germany should be

it contrasted completely with the version of events I got from my grandparents, where they went from abject poverty and being unable to find employment, to getting a good education and a place to live, etc.

What always pissed me right the fuck off was when they would shit talk the SS and paint them as completely evil irridemably vile animals. My grandfather was in the SS and he was the smartest, purest hearted person I've ever met. He was in the SS to defend his homeland from the onslaught of bolshevism, and yet I had to sit through the fucking jewish teachers telling me I'm a devil bc of what my family had done, and then gloss over the atrocities comitted by jewish russians against the germans. My great uncle, a teenager, was gunned down by a russian sharpshooter in his hometown. And yet these cunts would have the gall to say that he deserved it

fucking reeeeeee

Lol then**

Yeah an entire week man, aint even joking

My grandpa was a paratrooper during WW2 and he never blamed Hitler for the war, only the jews and Anglos. He also gave me my first revisionist history book.

I wonder how this awesome generation managed to just allow these leftist-liberal self-hating pieces of shit to take over our education and society. It seems like many simply resigned after all the struggles.

Sorry but irrelevant countries aren't really welcome here

Do it Jose

So your grandfather was a brainwashed turd,

The curriculum is different in every state. We did american history in the "Oberstufe", which are the last three classes of highschool. We also did japanese history, but before that basically just rome, middle ages, german empire, WW2, holocaust.

Holocaust basically is also a topic in german classes, religion (we have religion classes in most of Germany), philosophy, maybe even in other subjects. Students tend to dislike this topic very much.

I think at least my generation at the "Gymnasium" was very conservative. I remember discussing patriotism 10 years ago, it was one year until graduation and basically everybody was in favor of it apart from the teachers. They are almost entirely the generation of '68.
AfD for example has a huge voting base with the people under 30.

Schützt die Heimat vor fremden Fahnen!

my grandfather went into chemistry and became a professor for a while after the war, then moved to america to escape the commies.

I think he'd seen enough shit for one lifetime and just wanted to focus on providing for his family. It was unthinkable to him that things would change so rapidly, or perhaps he knew it would happen.

The last time I saw him before he died, he gave me a set of volumes about the decline and fall of the roman empire. I don't think it was any coincidence, it was probably his way of passing on the redpill before he passed.

Don't worry Opa, I won't let you down ;_;7

god please no. I want my country to live, it's too beatiful to pass away in such a pathetic way.

In high school, we never specifically covered American history, but it was almost always from an American viewpoint.

t. Zogbot

Blood sacrifice to Quetzlcuck at Chicken Eatsya.

smoke head shit.

The Germans turned Rotterdam into aches and you are still on their side.

If you are really a dutch you also need to check your head!

kill yourself you cocaine-addicted, psychopathic antifa faggot

You hold on to her, Hans.
Times are fucking scary in europe especially for women.

Aaaaand the cucks are here....

Some of the conversations we had were hilarious; he always used the term "internationales Finanzjudentum" (international financial jewry) and explained how they and the Anglos conspired to destroy sovereign Germany because we had pulled out of the kike-anglo system. Heh.

Jokes on you I'm german and live near the border you subhuman scum

Isn't Cambridge College like really prestigious or something?

oh and btw
>rotterdam
>not deserving to get bombed into oblivion

I lived in Wiesbaden during the World Cup in 2006. Many Germans said that it was the first time they had felt right being proud of their country. I don't think schools are teaching it, society is.

Pol always tries to shame to the greatest extreme. Personally I think it's a good way to encourage improvement.

kek, he sounds like a cool dude. I would move back to Europe and try and improve things, but I'm not brown and my iq isn't below 70 so I might not be allowed in

Sounds comfy as fuck.

Sounds like a pretty based dude

>He also gave me my first revisionist history book.

Not something I'd be proud of desu

My history teacher actually made me Deutschnational.
He was probably the most based teacher I ever had. Very conservative and he treated girls and the few foreigners different than us guys. Those where the days

Such a wonderful people.
I salute them, may they rest in peace.

The subhuman scum were about to clean your psycho ass from the top of the eatth.

Like i said before the Russians did not revenge to you like they really should.

The Russians made a bis mistake letting you bastards live.

They had a chance to finish with you once and for all and they blew it.

So smoke your pod and fuck yourself you fucking psycho.

P. S. turn your energy upon the Turks because they are coming and they will show no mercy like the Russians

youtu.be/_Rcc7xgD2dM

are germans ok with this? hahahaha

Rotterdam and Warsaw are similar cases as the current Aleppo siege; modern urban battles that got turned into hypocritical propagandistic appeals to emotion because civilians get killed. Yeah, guess what, when the defending side turns a city into a battlefield you've got to bomb and shell them to take the city, which always results in destruction and loss of civilian lives. It's not pretty, but that's what modern war is like.

The same happened to our cities in 1945 and nobody gives a shit because the winner writes history.

I'd prefer to live in burgerstan if I had the choice. At least you guys have free speech and guns to defend yourselves. Migrating to Germany is only worth it if you are brown and poor; you'll get lots of free shit that way.

Sure, cocksucking brainwashed little cuckbots don't know what pride is anyway so it'd surprise me to see it in you.

>P. S. turn your energy upon the Turks because they are coming and they will show no mercy like the Russians

why would you go to Germany if you hate them so much?

>why would you go to Germany if you hate them so much?

I dont hate them i just know them

AND I AM NOT A TURK

Fuck the Turks!

But we used to be friendos....

The Allies were truly the niggers of the war

triggered

He's obviously turk rape baby.
Or some leftard

How about you brainwashed Russian.

Yes we were on the German side but it does n;t mean that they were not busterds.

As for you Latvian shit, you were so fucked by te Russians that i don't leally see any deference between Latvia and Russia.