Marxist professor assigning students with revisioning articles on wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Ed/Florida_International_University/Basic_Ideas_of_Sociology_(Fall_2016)

So apparently some marxist sociology professor assigned her students with editing wikipedia articles.

The articles turn out to be near-incoherent garbage, like pic related, while being obviously skewed.

Just read this for example
>On the opposite side of the spectrum, some gym goers' entire purpose for entering a gym setting is to focus on physiological improvement. These kinds of patrons allow themselves to become absorbed by the activity. They can often be distinguished from others by certain characteristics, such as grunting, intense looks in the mirror, and profuse sweating. All these actions are to reinforce the message that "I am working out." They also tend to isolate themselves which makes them more distinguishable. They do this by looking around but not focusing on anything, making blank or threatening facial expressions, and or avoiding direct eye contact with any passersby."

wat do ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w08IluLiN6o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Ed/Florida_International_University/Basic_Ideas_of_Sociology_(Fall_2016)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

does it really bother you? the real world hasn't taken wikipedia seriously for years...

Normies still use wikipedia vigilantly, especially kids looking for information for their various school projects.
Why would we be ok with letting these people taint what is supposed to be a source of objective information.

How could we go on about reverting these changes?

Bump

This board is fast, last bump before I leave

this has to be seen

>marxists
youtube.com/watch?v=w08IluLiN6o

Change it back lol
Alert the mods

What does this have to do with marxism?
It's just a teacher throwing kids on projects which they can't handle.

I mean it's a shitty entry, but....

She's actually right though. I don't understand why everyone trashes Marx so much. He was a literal genius who understood how society functions. You don't even need to be a communist to realize this.

in the united states "vandalizing" wiki is a crime. it has been for years because every one thinks it is funny when you say some celebrity has aids or james carvile is a human alien hybrid made by the cia

the professor could get into trouble

Tried changing the gym one back, but apparently the author is monitoring the article and changes it back after a while.

Having sociology students who're currently reading about marxist propaganda supply the supposed "truth" seems pretty bad desu.

Take a look at this and read some of the articles they changed. (There's a comprehensive list of them).

Please tell me you are joking.

Are you leftist faggots still trying to raid Sup Forums?

Remember when Wikipedia had a article on cultural marxism?

Pepperridge farm remembers.

You can still file her class or account to some mods at wikipedia. I can't even tell who is editing what. Will things they add or change be looked up by others? I mean otherwise everyone could change stupid things with day one accounts..

Here's an example of what these students are producing.

>"Race is one of the correlates of crime receiving attention in academic studies, government surveys, media coverage, and public concern.The racial disparity of blacks (African Americans ) and other ethnic minorities creates inequality in the criminal justice system. Many factors come into play upon deciding why a person who committed a crime will go to jail, how they are treated by law enforcement, and the extent of their punishment. Several causes of racial disparity have been tested by experts in the sociological field. A majority of their results find that a lack of financial means and low social status enables minorities to commit these crimes. Legislative decisions often favor to give blacks and other ethnic minorities more time in prison than their white counterparts."

Citing no sources, coupled with removing previous statistics about race and crime.

What the hell is this? The whole "Gym intercations" section is completely insane.

Revert!

It's still up.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School

Not the same Article.

I wish I saved it.

This will make it easier to discredit them altogether, let them do it.

For all we know this could be an inside job to destroy more of the left.

>Theorists of the Frankfurt School

Redpilled picture choice to be honest.

I use wiki to sniff out what the real situation is, example, how they frame the content posted if it exists.

Several advantages to using it this way: 1)if the popular opinion is shown to be negatively with a tinge of objectivity rather than subjectivity based then there's clearly more to the sources.

And that's all I need. Not for the content or allowable links on the site but as an aggregated community site you can pick the biases from a mile away. And if the last year of studying the tactics and shitty fact checking of the media, seeing the plotholes for public consumption will make your almonds rattle.

did you read how retarded that passage was?

Leftists are intent on removing any social positivity regarding self-improvement because they want everyone to be the same. Any differentiation in skill level or physical attractiveness or intelligence needs to be removed.

That paragraph is essentially trying to deconstruct masculinity by making it sound like working out (and trying really hard at working out) is something only some insane person would do. Because masculinity is a prime determinant in male differentiation- it's attacked the most. Women are already pretty much herd creatures and just go with the flow, so the only thing left to attack is the Men.

Fuck Sociology, this shit is a cancer.

Idk I use it to look up things I skipped or forgot from college. I guess hard science is a little harder for them to penetrate

I'm out for now, need some quality sleep, don't let this go unnoticed.

stop posting this faggot

This is actually incredibly disturbing. Bump.

That gym thing is fucking cringe inducing. Written like someone who has never stepped inside a gym themselves.

>They do this by looking around but not focusing on anything, making blank or threatening facial expressions, and or avoiding direct eye contact with any passersby.
okay but if you do make eye contact you get charged with committing a visual rape

This scratches my hairy thighs of basic logic

Using the writer's own words:
>Legislative decisions often favor to give blacks and other ethnic minorities more time in prison than their white counterparts.
can be the effect of a cause stated in the previous sentence
>A majority of their results find that a lack of financial means and low social status enables minorities to commit these crimes.

There we could potentially draw the conclusion that blacks and other ethnic minorities lack financial means and have low social status.

So this makes the issue of crime irrelevant in this particular paragraph and the focus should be on the social status instead. Whether this is related to race or not, is another question entirely and I doubt they have the capacity to delve deep into it.

Exactly which is why subjectivity is key and there's up to 50 sources on an article about mathematics that has a linear and credible source from written works centuries ago but you get buzz feed esque content and whack sources with modern content. Sniff the source user, you're not wrong to recalibrate your neurons but it's clear when you have substance vs bullshit

You can easily remove unsourced or poorly sourced content. Make sure to cite Wikipedia rules when you do it.

What site do you use to get info then? Infowars?

lmao. What the fuck

Just use infogalactic

*puts wallet away*
No donation for you. Almost had me.