Should people who live in the US be called Unitedstatesadians?

I want to get rid of this confusion. Anyone on an american continent can be called an american. Why should the US have the privilege of being able to call themselves Americans both in a continent and country sense.

I know this may sound stupid as fuck but from now on I'm calling you Unitedstateians.

Who agree with this?

Let's brain storm until we find a more appropriate for them.

Inb4 burgers.

American

Well, in Italy we frequently call them "statunitensi" which literally translates to unitedstatians.

Am I a United Kingdomian?

>canuck thinks he can settle anything for American
>thinks Americans would act on it even if he could propose a solution to his own problem
>mfw

Kill yourself canada. You will never be American

>thinks if the entire rest of the world decided to call him something it would really matter much what he calls himself

Unitedstateians everyone.

How about you try becoming a relevant country before claiming a name leaf

"America" originally only referred to what is now known as South America.

I dunno if you like that name push for it, see if it catches on.

No, you're wrong, you stupid fucking faggot. A resident of North America can be called a NORTH American. A resident of South America can be called a spic, a monkey, or a nigger. The only nation-state on earth with the codified demonym "American" is the USA. Period; discussion on this matter is now closed.

Get bent Canuck
Dick drives this hemisphere

We were the first sovereign nation in the Americas, so we got to claim the name.

So the natives never formed nations? What were the Mayans and Aztecs just off the top of my head.

Really they are the only country I can think of that actually has America in the name.

No, you're a Paki.

In spanish they're called literally that: Estadounidense.

Pick whatever is easiest and use that.
I don't give a fuck.

>an american continent can be called an american

You are deliberately creating confusion to suit your own ego. Stop_it_get_some_help.jpg

>I know this may sound stupid as fuck but from now on I'm calling you Unitedstateians.

yes it does sound stupid as well as pedantic

I think they were more knife though the ribcage than off with the top of your head types.

Anyway I figure they'd have thier own name with too many t's and q's and x's prnounced as z's

Yeah I was surprised to learn that Mexico is actually Estados Unidos Mexicanos or something like that. Sorry for butchering the spanish I didn't study it well.

>he doesn't know on what fucking continent he's on

use the term Usonian

There are four words in "The United States of America." Which one do you think is the easiest/best to use to identify citizens of that nation? United? Nope. Other countries uses "United" in their name. States? Eh. That might work (wouldn't feel bad to be called a "statesman") but all nations are states. "Of" has is even more and worse than "United."

"Americans" fits best until you change the name of your nation to the Canadian States of America or something.

we're Trumpistanians

Mongols.

We're the only country with "America" in its name.

Mexican culture hasn't advanced since desu senpai

>Estados Unidos Mexicanos
That's exactly right, although the full name is rarely used. They recently had a proposition to change it to just "México" but I think it didn't get anywhere. The "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" stems from a time shortly after the U.S. was founded where this kinda name was fashionable. I think it's cool, it's like the colloquial name is "Mexico", but you have also a "full name" that sound way more dignified and dramatic.

t. half-Mexifag

>I think they were more knife though the ribcage than off with the top of your head types.

Can you please explain exactly what you meant by this?

>Anyway I figure they'd have thier own name with too many t's and q's and x's prnounced as z's

Well yeah they would have never called themselves Americans because they didn't name the place they lived that. However it still doesn't mean the first nation on the american continents was the US like user said previously.

your flag... give it to me

But that's wrong.
Our continent isn't "America", you inbred. It's North America. It makes more sense to call people who belong to the United States of America Americans, than calling people of North America Americans.

Made me actually really think...

Your 'proposal' is exactly the reason why we don't - 'American' is a marketing decison. your retarded spring of logic just doesn't roll of the tongue as well. Sure, there's 'US citizen' but that again doesn't really nail down a nationality.

The biggest reason I hear for this 'unitedstatian' bullshit is because "the US isn't America, hurrrr". No shit, but it just sounds better. It has power behind it when spoken.

And considering that 'America' is part of the country's full official title, you really only had three words to choose from.

It's not that hard. Take a business class and you'll see why having a brand name matters.

what about statesmen

Again, comes off bland. Also, that word already exists as a catch-all.

In case you didn't notice, we're the United States of America, not the United States.

Which is why we're called Americans.

If you were the Canadian States of America, you could call yourselves Americans too. But you aren't. So you can't.

What about United Stations?

Should people who live in Canada be called Chinese?

This

OP is a faggot

>What did he mean by this

He completely misinterpreted the 'off the top of my head' thing as 'off with your head'

In Portuguese it's Estadunidense! And, yes, it is a real word.