Christians of Sup Forums, what denomination are you?

strawpoll.me/11840662

Protestants please do this one as well
strawpoll.me/11840685

Other urls found in this thread:

yqcbelong.com/
infoplease.com/world/religion/largest-us-churches.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bumping for interest

Done

athiest

I said Christians of Sup Forums you silly head.

Nice numbers tho.

bump

ha im just joshin ya bro i'm actually a follower of kek

i'm Non-denominational.

if you truly follow his words you are a christian.
all Christians are brothers and sisters.

Non denominational

>if you truly follow his words you are a christian.
yeah but thats the thing not every domination do

Other - Hebrew Roots, although I don't like that term. Just Torah observant non-organizational.

Poll, not even dutch reformed... tsk tsk tsk

yqcbelong.com/

My church

I chose "other," I'm non-denominational

topkek

kekist

Sorry, forgot that m8s

Lutheran

I put down Baptist for the poll because most of the church I've gone to were some sort of Evangelical/Baptist church, but I don't care too much about denominations. My three requirements are Protestant, Trinitarian and not Pentecostal. I also prefer not calvinist but that can be negotiable.

Who /presbyterian/ here

westboro baptist right here

Non-denominational here, Spaniard Catholic heritage so ready for crusades

is Lutheranism popular in the US? Just wondering, I myself am a Lutheran.

Not really. When my dad was in the Army they sometimes offered a Lutheran service and not many people showed up. We ended up just going to the generic Protestant service. I put myself down as Methodist because that's the one I currently go to, but we really just choose whichever church we enjoy the most when we move somewhere.

infoplease.com/world/religion/largest-us-churches.html

Catholicism is the biggest single church (i.e. as long as you don't group up the protestants), followed by South Baptists, United Methodists and Mormons respectively. Lutherans are fairly middle of the road, not very big but not too small.

Jesus left it to his disciples to spread his words.

But question is, would the disciples fight over doctrine.
Arguing who is right & who is wrong.

if you listen to Jesus words and follow them.
Does that mean you can't have your own way of doing it but still listening to his words?

lol implying Protestant faith communities are equal to the actual Christian Church. Sola Scriptura is nonsense, the real Church wrote the bible so of course they have the authority to interpret it.

Not the guy you were talking to but (only counting adults) there are 173,402 million Christians in the USA, 116,203 million of them are not Catholic (the vast majority of which are Protestant) and of that 8,674 million are Lutheran which is on the smaller side but not very small.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States

Jeffersonian

checking in

Sedevacantist Catholic.

The most lost and unfulfilled of all Christians.

Novus Ordo Catholic returning to the Old Rite as well as feeling out the Byzantine Rite. It has been a beautiful advent.

How do you do fellow victim of a heretical upbringing who found out the truth?

Catholics aren't Christian

A friend recently just joined Knights of Columbus and invited me to his Latin Parish. I opened my eyes and heart up to the true observance of the liturgy and sacraments. I have been attending Vespers with some Orthodox brothers and sisters before hand, thus the desire to veer towards the Byzantine Church as well. No desire to renounce my vows to Rome. Vatican II is destroying the Church of Jesus Christ.

You can come to the true gospel of Jesus Christ instead of the false Romish "curch"

And what flavor of 'true gospel' do you endorse my protestant friend?

Do you believe faith is sufficient to justify? Do you think circumcision is necessary to be saved?

>worshipping dead kike on a stick

Real christians aren't racist.

The biblical gospel. The gospel that we are saved by grace alone through faith alone. The gospel by which you can have peace with God, something the Roman "gospel" does not permit.

Whatever suits their fancy this decade I'm sure. Though most Protestants I've met lately seem to have forgotten that the NE even exists.

Calvinism isn't a denomination, silly. It's a theological perspective

Having said that, I attended a pleasantly Calvinist Southern Baptist church

>Whatever suits their fancy this decade
We're Christians, not Anarchists.

What do you think of the "Traditionalists" desperate attempts to eradicate Reformed theology within the SBC?

Sup Forums is a place to release your inner rage, hate & anger.

Since I have you here I was wondering - how do Christians divorce God from culpability for sin? He created all things, including Satan, which means He himself is the author of sin.

There are Calvinists on this board? Really?

Predestination is kike-tier.

Oh you mean the Gospel we complied for you? Christ left us his Church and in doing so left us the observation of his sacraments. You're right, your reading of the gospels isn't enough. You're always welcome back to the true faith when false doctrine no longer obstructs your adherence to the Apostolic Authority of the Church.

Predestination is biblical.

He is not the author of sin

Your conclusion is disproved with a simple syllogism:

God created all things.

Sin is a thing.

Therefore, God created sin.

Care to comment? Thanks.

>Oh you mean the Gospel we complied for you?
I am not talking about books, and you did no such thing. The bible does not derive authority from councils traditions or popes, but from the fact it is God-breathed scripture.
You also "compiled it" after the Reformation began.
>Christ left us his Church and in doing so left us the observation of his sacraments.
Agreed
>You're always welcome back to the true faith
I'm in the true faith.
>Apostolic Authority of the Church.
Your "church" has no apostles of Christ. Apostles of Satan maybe, but not apostles of Christ.
>Therefore, God created sin.
No. Sin did not always exist.

You didn't answer my question, but that's alright.

I accept that the Catholic church as it is is essentially protestant. I don't see becoming protestant as the answer. I would sooner become Orthodox.

In the end though we are Christians, and I'm sorry you cannot or will not see that.

Heretics are not Christians. You are no more Christian than a Mormon.

Are you Orthodox? I would still appreciate an answer if you don't mind.

Mormons believe in a false prophet.

Catholics do not.

>Are you Orthodox?
I am orthodox, i am not Orthodox
>I would still appreciate an answer if you don't mind.
>we are saved by grace alone through faith alone
The pope is a false prophet.

Assemblies of God

no catholic?

No he is Just a highly respected priest.

>No. Sin did not always exist.

This doesn't mean anything. Nothing existed until God created it.

You're confused is what you are. You do a disservice to the traditions and martyrs of the faith by co-opting that title. I pray you discover the truth. Peace brother.

missed it

Being a fedoracuck in a country as religious as Poland has to trigger a lot of euphoria, am I right?

I am a converted Christian (1 year ago) who tries to follow the Word as hard as possible. My faith is strong and there is no doubt about it.

I respect all Christians, though I found Orthodoxy weakest on theology. I pray Holy Rosary every day, though I have a massive respect for fundamentalist Protestants.

I chose Catholicism though, because it is most widespread in Slovenia

>This doesn't mean anything
It means God created the possibility of sin but He did not create God.
I am not confused, you are uneducated
You do not understand the pretentions of Rome

Sup Forums confirmed for catholic board.

proddie heretics and schismatic orthodox btfo

Smart decision m8, smart decision.

youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8
Watch this. Your soul is in peril.

>religious fanatic
>american
Yup, checks out.

Not him, but I think it's great.

I prefer the Latin Mass but Novus Ordo is good when it's actually done decently desu. Most of the shit that pisses traditionalists off isn't supposed to be there to begin with. For instance Vatican did not call for the removal of chant, receiving in the hand, of mass facing the people. With that said there's always chaos for about a century after a ecumenical council and this shit will get sorted out eventually, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's heretical tho.

Son of a protestant whore! LOOK AT ALL THESE HEATHENS!

Why?

Thank you.

Catholicism is pretty radically different from Protestantism my friend. If you're referring to how some Catholics worship being similar to Protestants you'd be correct but the core doctrine and beliefs are completely alien to one another.

I am Anglican.

Mormons are heathens not heretics, get it right. Also Orthodox are schismatics not heretics.

>no Apostolic Faith Mission
>no Dutch Reformed Church

>Living in South Africa

Literally Planned Parenthood advocates in your clergy...and you have the audacity to call Catholics heretics. That's rich.

>possibility of sin

Another way of saying "probability of sin" which, for an omnipotent entity, would always be 100%.

My denomination is pic related

It was 100%. He decreed all things that come to pass, for the praise of His glorius grace.

>I chose Catholicism though, because it is most widespread in Slovenia

Dumbest idea ever , just because its popular means its true , jesus talks about the narrow gate , when i became a christian years ago i did not know either , my first thought was the cathocuck church also , but i really had to look into the religion a while before i found out that cathocuck was bullshit , my advice just stay non denominational read the bible and go to all churches until you find the truth through the holy spirit

I'm Catholic, but I am not too sure about the apocrypha

Quads confirm it. Thanks for answering my question bud.

Please watch There are more important things to be not sure about

That still doesn't make Him the author of sin btw

These

Read the Bible and pray to and put your faith in Jesus Christ.

Sin does not exist without god , he decides what is sin and what is not

that's calvinism

Morality is a consequence of divine being. What He commands are not good because He commands them, but everything He commands is good.

In Slovenia, Catholic Church is pretty conservative - it is the strongest drive against LGBT, having destroyed them 3 times in referendum. It is also vocal opponent of Gender Theory. It is also patriotic.

>Catholicism at 39%
Literally following a muslim feet kissing fraud elected by a ring of pedophiles

Whatever helps you sleep at night my dude.