Always tip minimum wherever I go

>always tip minimum wherever I go
>Only go to restaurants for specials. Usually only pay $5 so tip $1.
>Tip hair guy $2
>Don't tip anywhere else

Only time I tipped in a jar is for this Chinese restaurant I go to because the Little chinese boy sucks you off if you're order is over $20

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kek i know that place

>three star Michelin restaurant
>600 € bill
>Had to wait 20+ minutes for cheque because muh European way of dining
>0 tip

Im usually generous but fuck that place

Should I clap for them as well? Jesus fuck our country is a joke.

>When you're drinking only water at the bar
>Tip as if you were drinking booze

i always do this one.
20% of $0 is $0.

so let me get this straight
you have to give 15-20% but they don't include that into the price of the food
who thought this was a good idea?

I would tip that bartender because he recognized belgian's beer supremacy

What the fuck is this shit? Give away more money than what the price is? Fuck off.

i've never left a tip for anything and i never will

But niggers don't tip.

>blacks are the ones who suggest tipping

>tfw
>Be French
>Never give tip

This

> manufacturing jobs are going away and there's no point trying to retain them
> but we need to give more scraps of money to support service industry

why.jpg

you get better service in the US than anywhere else, since employees work for you directly not totally for the restaurant

I used to be moderately against tipping until I visited Europe.

Holy FUCK are the waitresses in Europe bad,

So fucking slow. So incompetent. So obnoxious. So fucking rude.

I almost got into a fight with the waiter/waitress at like every other restaurant I visited.

I used to always mock anyone behaving remotely white-knightish. But I was went 0 to 100 real fucking fast so many times because my gf would ask some innocent question and the waiter/waitress would roll their eyes are her.

Guess that's another one of James and David's special shops!

Probably because you're being loud and obnoxious, as usual. But it's never your fault, is it?

>Most diners are tipping above that figure

It's because cheap bastards are doing things like pre-calculated tips to trick idiots into tipping more. You ever notice how the """""recommended""""" tip amounts are like 18%, 20%, 25%? If they were 10%, 15%, 20% you would see a lot more people tipping the standard 15%.

The other bullshit trick they do is that the pre-calculated tip amount is after tax, when historically tip percentage was computed before tax. In states with a high sales tax this inflates the tip. 20% after tax in a state with 5% sales tax is actually a 21% tip.

Don't fall for these tricks. The expected tip percentage will go up forever if nobody says anything. It's 15% pre-tax.

>add a dollar if you’re a regular or ordered a complicated drink

What the fuck? So if I'm a regular customer giving them my money every week or even every day I should pay them more? Barista is not even historically a tipped job. They just realized they could place a tip jar there and gullible idiots would fall for it. If somebody didn't physically walk over to you carrying your food, they don't get a tip. Never tip baristas, and absolutely never tip on carryout orders (you did all the work, why are you tipping the guy who just rang you up?).

This really boils my blood. Betacuck liberals fall for it at every turn. Do not give in to out of control tipping culture.

>ask some innocent question

So basically you acted like stereotypical annoying tourists, you waiters who are not here to be your personal tourist guide got slightly annoyed, so you acted even more like an obnoxious tourist and got all righteous and shit because they didn't fake smile at you and metaphorically desperately sucked your cock like American waiters would.

Kek, you really are American. Waiters are just here to bring your food and clean. That's it. The less they talk, the happier very one is.

I give them 1€ if the service was fast, 2€ if the food was good and the service great.

you sound like a typical violent nigger with no impulse control and a healthy dose of self obsession

Like with everything it depends where you go.

how about just not tip like me and everything is ok

What is up with "tip X percent of the meal" thing come from?
I always just universally give a dollar (rarely two dollars) every sit down restaurant I go to.

Can you guys fuck off with tipping?
Going on a cruise and they want to add 18% to drinks and like $15USD a day onto my bill for tips. Pay your staff better

everybody who's served me has been great and there's no tipping

Kill yourself

I still don't get why tipping should have anything to do with the price of the food to begin with. Why tip more when your order an expensive steak than a burger or something? It's not like the plate gets more difficult to carry.

feels good to be a dick

I bet they didn't even ask if you wanted fries like that

>if you're order is over $20
>if you're
>if you are order is over

You can fuck right off you underage faggot.

>Go to London for vacation
>eat at a fancy place
>bill comes
>300£
>ask what that is in real money
>"about three fifty"
>ask waiter if they accept tips
>"yes"
>ok, get the fuck out of this country, it's gone to shit
>another American couple at next table over hears
>they start to clap

> “I understand we’re only turning around and handing you a beer,” said Jack McAuliffe, a bartender at the Sovereign. “But I think that the service you’re getting,"
YES FAGGOT YOU'RE LITERALLY JUST HANDING ME A BEER

>expecting a $2 tip for a 4$ beer
>thinking you should get tipped more cause the beer costs more

literally FUCK all of these faggots, and this is coming from a waiter

Two cucks, one thread

>tl;dr

>GIB ME MOAR

the leftist occupation of choice isn't a meme in the end

>washingtonpost.

Sorry OP

I don't read fake news.

Why would anyone "tip" at all?

>tripfag calling someone underage

Hmmm, plebbit must have let the autists out early.

>tipping outside the US

Only an American would think it's customary outside of our borders.

Literally the only place I ever leave a tip is the Chinese restaurant next to my job.
And even that's only because the owner is a chill as fuck Chinese guy that gives me pretty much everything on the menu two to three dollars cheaper than it's advertised because I'm there so goddamn much.

It's a remnant of the ol' prohibition days when people would bribe waiters and staff. Businesses took a hit, so they allowed tipping, now it's standard here while the rest of the world just pays their servers a normal wage.

>“But I think that the service you’re getting, and the time and thought we’re putting into our beer program [...]"

I'm paying more for the fucking beer, aren't I? that isn't enough?

>Tip as if you were drinking booze.

oh fuck off

>who thought this was a good idea?

Asshole management types who ingeniously managed to get a system into place where they can pay service staff $2 an hour (yarly) and have the gap between that and minimum wage be covered by the customers.

>>When you're drinking only water at the bar
>>Tip as if you were drinking booze.

Like Fucking Hell.

I've worked as a Chef most of my life. Even owned a restaurant for a while (it was fucking miserable). I never tip unless it's a tipped wage state, and I never tip there unless the service warrants it.

Servers make way to much fucking money for shit tier work. In my home state (not tipped wage) I have worked with and employed servers who have brought in over 100k a year working 4 hours a day 3 days a week.

Fuck tipping and anyone who does tip those self entitled whores.

tipping culture does not exist in norway

typical american faggottry, its just a way so they can pay their staff illegally small wages saying "muh tips make it up" but the tips are not gauranteed. work for tips. hahaha you really have no dignity

Sounds like you are the problem.

Did you ask for the cheque?

Yeah its mind numbing. I made 2000 in tips in 1.5 months driving down the block delivering pizza. Some of these people are worse off than me and give me massive gratuity just because their order was large. Where Im originally from we call this job "picking up money off the floor"

>paying a select group of workers more for doing their damn jobs

tipping makes no sense, if you're gonna tip someone it should be people that does work that actually matters, like surgeons and firemen, not the guy serving your burger

American bartenders must be filthy rich. On a weekend night in a busy place you can easily serve 100 drinks per hour. At $1 average tip per drink, that's $100 per hour right there.

I tip the whole number closest to 10% of the pre-tax cost if there's no bill first, or 15% if there's a bill, because VAT here is 15%, so I can just tip exactly the VAT cost

I tip just enough so they don't sperg out and spit in my food the next time I come.

How do you think all those 20 something white whores can afford do drive a brand new Prius and buy the newest fucking iPhone and MacBook every 6 fucking months?

One of the bartenders I know only works 2 days a week. I was a regular there and I usually left large tips, but most of the time she gave me free drinks so i didn't really feel like I was spending more money than I should have

I work as a Batista and I make 80 bucks a day in tips. Including my base wage, I make 24 dollars an hour as afucking Batista. I have friends who have degrees who are making less than me.

If they are very good, 20%.
If they are average, 15%
If they are subpar, 10%
If they are bad, 5%
If they are exceptionally bad, $0.25, regardless of price.

I don't owe a waiter shit. I am not obligated to help you get by with my hard-earned money just because you have a shit job. I tip because it's expected, and I've done it all my life, it doesn't bother me. But if you expect more than I gave, you didn't even deserve what you got. While I treat wait staff well so that I get good service, you are just that: a servant. You are here to serve me, a tip is not only optional, but the size of the tip is totally at my discretion. If I give you $10 extra just for doing what you already have to do, you should be happy with that. Anything else is a false sense of entitlement.

same

Actually you get rushed in and out and for some reason we decided calling your serve was rude so they have to constantly disturb your table asking "if you want anything".

Tipping sucks. I prefer the chinese 'shout fuwuyuan' method to getting service-- oh jesus, they don't tip in taiwan do they? i know they do in hong kong.

>>When you're dining at a full-service restaurant
>>Tip 20 percent of your full bill. That 15 percent standard? Forget it. Most diners are tipping above that figure — and for good reason.

No you get 15%. Don't like it go work somewhere else.

>When you grab a cup of coffee
>add a dollar if you’re a regular or ordered a complicated drink.

Nope I make my own coffee and tea.

>When you have lunch at a food truck
>Drop a few dollars into the tip jar, but a little less than you would at a dine-in spot.

The Mexicans who run these don't even have business license or health standards. Fuck them.

>When you're drinking pricey craft beer instead of run-of-the-mill domestics
>Tip a little extra. [...] some customers think there’s no difference between tipping $2 for two $4 bottles of Miller Lite, and tipping $2 for two $12 snifters of Belgian strong ale. “I understand we’re only turning around and handing you a beer,” said Jack McAuliffe, a bartender at the Sovereign. “But I think that the service you’re getting, and the time and thought we’re putting into our beer program [...]"

Unless you make the drink your not getting shit. Handing beer from fridge to person isn't worth a tip. If I go to pickup food at a restaurant I don't and wont tip.

>Tip as if you were drinking booze.

Nope. If I'm drinking water at a bar one of two things is happening. I'm the DD, or I'm with a friend and I'm tolerating the place like one tolerates a trip to the DMV. Drunks are annoying as fuck and I'm not going to tip for something I don't want.

I used to love watching coworkers perversely calculate how well, or not, they would decide to do their jobs based on the tip they predicted. Such a hassle when you could just do the work you're there to do in the first place.

>>If they are bad, 5%
>If they are exceptionally bad, $0.25, regardless of price.

Why not 0 you fucking idiot

Small tip gives off a louder message that you were shit rather than a small tip.

Once in awhile I'll get a. 01 tip and I know I fucked up. If they give me no tip I assume they are cheap.

this
not tipping can mean lots of things. A terribly small tip can only mean that you've fucked up

>she
tipping large amounts to women just because they are women is like white knighting in real life. Literal autism

I only tip at places i will return to, and only because it's blackmail and I don't want them fucking with my food

Because it's more insulting that way. Personally, I go for the penny approach.

I literally never tip

Or it can mean that the person simply didn't understand that he/she was supposed to pay you extra for doing your job.

Because it means 'fuck you, you suck at your job' instead of 'I'm cheap/a nigger'.

I generally always tip 15%, sometimes a little lower sometimes higher. Only one time I can remember that didn't tip at all, was a Sizzler at Arizona, had a great time until my endless shrimp came out.

I guess the waiter, this redhead chick, thought I was pocketing the shrimp or something, because after the 2nd plate she insisted on watching me eat the shrimp and I had to (politely) ask her to leave. So she fucked off for a while and I dropped a tip and ordered one more plate before I was getting ready to leave, and she called her manager over and they both wanted to watch me eat the shrimp.

It was the weirdest fucking thing, especially considering there's like only 5 shrimp per plate. I can get like 50 of those motherfuckers when I'm hungry. Anyway, just grabbed my tip back and left.

> tipping

In the civilized world, we have wages for that.

Tipping is retarded.
I dont go to a restaurant to become pals with the waiter, just bring me my food and leave me alone.
(((better service))) is a meme for guillible retards that need confirmation from dumb bitches who are too stupid to work a real job

This. No tip can also be brushed off as forgetting.

Leaving something small shows that you remembered and you're sending a message.

no, because then they wouldn't tip at all

why would someone tip a quarter if they didn't know they were supposed to tip?

miscount

In America you can ask servers questions on local things and get usually good answers.

But in France its such a dreadful thing to be asked something outside your narrow band of work that you have to be a dick about it.

Except 5% isn't even that small.
Wow you have some 2 or 3 free dollars when they deserved none, you sure showed them.

The French are polar oppisites of you guys, they hate loud obnoxious fat people.
If you are polite about it, French ppl will help you no problem.
Just dont be loud and entitled.

>tip 30%
>spend your prcious time calculating some bullshit
>clap loudly
>OH MY GAWD
>GOOD JARB
Fucking yanks, probably have nothing better to do with their time.

Next time don't go to low end restaurants if you want good service

my personal standard is 10% pretax price and always leave the tip portion in cash

You'll take whatever I want to give you and like it, fucking food service faggots.

>a penny
>2-3 free dollars
Nah. Getting a penny is far worse than getting nothing.

>In America you can ask servers questions on local things and get usually good answers.

It's really not the waiters job to know about the best art galleries and cathedrals to see m8.

Would you ask the fucking McDonald's cashier that?

Lets get this thread started

> America
> Tipping
> 2017-1

>visit Clappistan for the first time to visit my 3rd cousins
>go to 50s style diner for some authentic American cuisine
>pay and try to leave
>"Aren't you forgetting something, hon?"
>get caught off guard and ask what she wants
>starts gesticulating a money gesture
>"I already paid"
>"You didn't pay me"
>"The money is right there"
>"The tip, hon"
>"The what? This isn't a high-class resturant"
>"It's mandatory"
>pay her 10 bucks because I don't want to get arrested for some Seinfeldian local I didn't know about
>Later learn that it's customary to tip everywhere they serve food because employers are so fucking cheap that it's impossible to survive on wages alone
Just fucking horrible.

Maybe read next time.

This guy gives 5% to bad waiters. Taking your gf out to eat that isn't Pizza Hut will leave you easily with a 40 or 50$ bill.

Okay guys, the eternal tipping meme aside, is it the blonde chick saying the last like or a sassy black lady correcting the white girl? Because as someone who's dated a lot of chicks in the industry, and worked security and even did a little bartending, I will tell you right now that BLACK PEOPLE DON'T TIP.

>so fucking cheap that it's impossible to survive
Then let them drown you whimps.

It's not mandatory, should have told her to fuck off. Anyone who demands a tip does not deserve one.

Then they are atleast smarter about it than white americans

I'm betting he's the type of american who wants ketchup with his coffee

I hope Trump gets rid of tipping

worst tradition ever

>Would you ask the fucking McDonald's cashier that?

No, but in the days before gps on phones asking road directions from a McDonald's cashier was valid.

So long as you weren't in coon town.

>will leave you easily with a 40 or 50$ bill
Uh, nah. You sincerely overestimate the cost of dining (and food in general really) in the U.S. Fuck, I went out to my local microbrewery tonight with 2 other people and our total bill after tip didn't go over $55.

Inb4 he's a fat burger who will ask to speak to your manager if you don't put a whole bottle of ketchup on his fries