Why do men who listen to classical music exclusively, appear to be of a higher caliber

youtube.com/watch?v=i0n4mdzoDvc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xz7usUEPWsc
youtube.com/watch?v=bGByDwiiECw
youtube.com/watch?v=qZGdzVBAIL0
youtube.com/watch?v=aW_hmyEWq0M
youtube.com/watch?v=6l7J1i1OkKs
youtube.com/watch?v=3F_a7VblvoM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUwpL2DC9A&ab_channel=EpicMetalKingdom
youtube.com/watch?v=DM6hL78so9c&ab_channel=EvilForgemaster
youtube.com/watch?v=UkxhjmFgZa0&ab_channel=lucaturilliii
youtube.com/watch?v=OsOUcikyGRk
youtube.com/watch?v=FBVITUka_30
youtube.com/watch?v=NybTtlHiFbk
youtu.be/UcknsYVgdkM?t=30m52s
youtu.be/rFhCUgbf0Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=4TQWiwrArNc
youtube.com/watch?v=QLj_gMBqHX8
youtu.be/Ehbar90jHz8?t=21m12s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_music
youtu.be/cnn3TVBDtcA?t=23m30s
media.giphy.com/media/iqzBgjLQtlwn6/giphy.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=MtOXOROEneU
youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3BlFZWJNA
youtu.be/UcknsYVgdkM?t=30m1s
youtube.com/watch?v=mDeiHrAwubs
youtube.com/watch?v=XTsb7oy4SFg
youtube.com/watch?v=kz3rbXDQryw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ar7pTCTj1SE
youtube.com/watch?v=3LTUc2XxF3c
youtube.com/watch?v=uOLClyWb_EI
youtube.com/watch?v=W3iRaYQ19tY
youtube.com/watch?v=3n8XdKkrqgo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Classical music is a term used by complete poseurs who know nothing of Western Art Music. Romanticism and NSBM is superior anyways.

My favorite song played by my favorite pianist.

youtu.be/xz7usUEPWsc

NSBM.....get the fuck out of my thread larp fag.

is this me

I was looking for that image for ages lad

Acceptable.

Classical era music or "classical" music, like orchestral music?
if orchestral, then obviously Mahler and Tchaikovsky as babby's first listen.

I'm using the term "classical" to paint a broad brush of all orchestral music, yes.

Because listening to classical is boring as shit. If you wanna look like a try hard intelectual fag go ahead I'm sure the females dig it. But it's obvious you just listen to classical to appear smarter not because I are smarter. Music preference has no correlation with intelligence

They are richer and with more leisure time.

You can't appreciate classical if you live in a noisy neighborhood
Modern music usually last 3 min, classical need 40+

>Modern music usually lasts 3 minutes
That's only the most mainstream music, though.

A lot of modern music falls between the 5-15 minute range.

>Music preference has no correlation with intelligence

That is entirely true user, and I respect you and your family for banging a trunk while fighting to rape your muma.

> Because listening to classical is boring as shit.

Just the sentiment I would expect from a over stimulated dopamine chaser. bu..bu..bu muh bass drop?

> If you wanna look like a try hard intellectual fag go ahead I'm sure the females dig it.

Trying to impress uncouth harlots, is not something I engage in.

>Music preference has no correlation with intelligence.

Anecdotally, I have never heard someone I would call intelligent, listen to rap, pop, or electronica.

Fact: Listening to Mozart raises baby IQ

Ni te entiendo marica. Se vas hablar mierda este seguro que tus palabras hagan sentido.

Electronica isn't a genre, it's an umbrella term encompassing things dating back to the 1920s, actually, and isn't focused on poppy dance garbage. Stop pretending to look smarter than you are, there's plenty of electronic pieces written throughout history comparable to some of the best Western Art Music compositions.

youtube.com/watch?v=bGByDwiiECw

because they are on average more desperate to appear of higher caliber.

>there's plenty of electronic pieces written throughout history comparable to some of the best Western Art Music compositions.

ooga booga indeed

Absolutely correct, you are.

Daily dose >>> classical shit

youtube.com/watch?v=qZGdzVBAIL0

Exactly. This, for example.
youtube.com/watch?v=aW_hmyEWq0M

You do realize that there's plenty of electronic pieces taught in the curriculums of academies traditionally devoted to Western Art Music (orchestral music), correct?

Mozart is shit
Fuck the judgemental retards forcing themselves to listen to Mozart to feel good about themselves

If you have actual musical culture, it doesn't matter what you like, you're better than all elitist faggots saying jazz is best or fucking Mozart is.

>If you wanna look like a try hard intelectual fag go ahead I'm sure the females dig it.
>But it's obvious you just listen to classical to appear smarter not because I are smarter.

Where does this idea that listening to music is to appear smarter to the opposite sex?
Is it because you believe, being a teenager, that getting into your crush's shitty bands is the way to get close to her? (Or him, which is more likely in your case.)

I listening to "classical" (broad term) because I actually enjoy it.

this
Shostakovich > you're composerfu

Poland once again proves they are more a kin to niggers, than white men.

maybe that's because your definition of intelligence apparently includes listening to classical music you autistic fuck.

They aren't even trying anymore
youtube.com/watch?v=6l7J1i1OkKs
youtube.com/watch?v=3F_a7VblvoM

I don't understand why people like her. I mean I do, she's a woman, so you think she is much better at something than she is because you hope that one day she will touch your dick. I get that. But if you just listened to her without seeing or knowing who was playing it, would you actually think it's good?

it has more notes

This is terrible, if you believe this is artistic talent, I feel bad for you.

>classical music exclusively

Generally, they were either born to very rich posh families where its that's the norm, or they are posturing as an intellectual so hard they define ever action of their life around it. Music is more beautiful than solely listening to classical music, forcing yourself to a genre doesn't make you more intelligent.

classical music is shit

nowadays much more music is produced, the instruments are much better, there is a much larger and better talent pool. anyone who claims that classical music is somehow superior to ALL modern music is a fucking idiot. of course nowadays also much more shitty music is produced because the talent pool is also much broader but the best music of the last decade is much better than everything before, not just mozart but including elvis, beatles and so on

Why is power metal the future of European music?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUwpL2DC9A&ab_channel=EpicMetalKingdom

youtube.com/watch?v=DM6hL78so9c&ab_channel=EvilForgemaster

youtube.com/watch?v=UkxhjmFgZa0&ab_channel=lucaturilliii

If you truly appreciated Western Art Music like you claim, you'd listen to the whole thing before judging it.

I'm surprised you've never heard of Stockhausen. He's one of the most well known composers of the last century, and one of the first true electronic musicians.

In fact, almost the entirety of the first-wave of electronic music was largely pioneered by 20th century classical composers, or people who grew up listening to Western Art Music.

Electronic Music didn't really start inviting other audiences until the 70s, but even then, a lot of modern Art Music composers still draw influence from electronic music.
You probably don't even listen to Art Music beyond Mozart and Bach.

>not just Mozart but including elvis, beatles and so on

The mountain jew strikes again.

t. non cultured non theorist

music is an objective practice, i don't see how your opinion of it matters. your 'taste' is no different than 'taste in politics', it's not something you don't have to intellectually defend. it's like asking if it's to your 'taste' to steal or murder.

music is objective and quality and skill can be assessed independent of any imaginary 'taste' in music.

nothing significantly better than the classical masters has been made since then.

oooh Valentina Lisitsa, 10/10. Good choice.
These are my favourite:
youtube.com/watch?v=OsOUcikyGRk

youtube.com/watch?v=FBVITUka_30

>nothing significantly better than the classical masters has been made since then.
prove this

>music is an objective practice
and this

or is talking big all you can do?

Also if you wanna jump to the third movement, she plays it flawlessly.

First link, 7:43

Who /penderecki/ here?

This isn't music. It's just noise.

Stockhausen's one of the best composers of the last century though.

gotta agree with the others, that is just noise, thiis stockhausen guy must be very bad

>Sup Forums

>Romanticism is superior

This is what utter plebs actually believe and it's sickening.

classical music != orchestral music

This board needs an education.

Baroque is best

Classical is a misnomer since typically Classical refers to Antiquity from 700ishBC-250ishBC (late Classical/Antiquity goes until the fall of the Western Empire)

But it was called Classical because those musicians were looking to Classical theory of aesthetics and music.

prove that it needs to be proved...

exactly, you can't ahaha!

anyways, can you even prove that you're capable of understanding the theory? if i'm a quantum physicist and some dirty, smelly skrub shows up and asks the scientist who has studied for decades and does high level math to prove to him that quantum physics indicates the existence of dark matter.

this guy works at fucking burger king, the quantum physicist can't exactly prove dark matter to the burger king worker.

similarly, you're telling me that rock bands and fruity loops techno producers have the capacity to produce complexity and order on the scale of composers like bach or mozart. me? i'm doing work on neural network generation of music theory based on data-sets of basically all digital score on the planet, and working through the reversed mathematical algorithms and building nodes through statistical analysis of note patterns, one by one by one. i've been composing since i was sixteen.

you're telling me that rock bands and fruity loops techno producers have the capacity to produce complexity and order on the scale of composers like bach or mozart. you think that 'liking' music is like liking mustard vs ketchup, an opinion that you don't have to justify. that's an irrational and unfounded point of view that you hold based on ignorance.

This. Baroque is 10/10.

youtube.com/watch?v=NybTtlHiFbk

Classical music is art music produced or rooted in the traditions of Western music, including both liturgical (religious) and secular music. While a more accurate term is also used to refer to the period from 1750 to 1820 (the Classical period), this article is about the broad span of time from roughly the 11th century to the present day, which includes the Classical period and various other periods.[1] The central norms of this tradition became codified between 1550 and 1900, which is known as the common-practice period. The major time divisions of Western art music are as follows:

the early music period, which includes
the Medieval (500–1400)
the Renaissance (1400–1600) eras
Baroque (1600–1750)
the common-practice period, which includes
Baroque (1600–1750)
Classical (1750–1820)
Romantic eras (1804–1910)
the 20th century (1901–2000) which includes
the modern (1890–1930) that overlaps from the late 19th-century,
the high modern (1950–1969)
contemporary (1945 or 1975–present) or postmodern (1930–present) eras

European art music is largely distinguished from many other non-European and some popular musical forms by its system of staff notation, in use since about the 16th century.[2] Western staff notation is used by composers to indicate to the performer the pitches (e.g., melodies, basslines, chords), tempo, meter and rhythms for a piece of music. This can leave less room for practices such as improvisation and ad libitum ornamentation, which are frequently heard in non-European art music and in popular-music[3][4][5] styles such as jazz and blues. Another difference is that whereas most popular styles adopt the song (strophic) form, classical music has been noted for its development of highly sophisticated forms of instrumental music such as the concerto, symphony, sonata, and mixed vocal and instrumental styles such as opera[6] which, since they are written down, can sustain larger forms and attain a high level of complexity.[7]

Some music is timeless. Some music isn't.
Classical is timeless, and they knew at the time that it would be timeless. The shit that's produced nowadays will be lucky if it's remembered in 10-20 years.

>exactly, you can't ahaha!
fuck off

>you believe that dark matter is proven
what a fucking idiot you are. not even black holes are proven to exist

Nice one. This is one of my favs too.

youtu.be/UcknsYVgdkM?t=30m52s

>he fell for the "all electronic music is shit" meme
youtu.be/rFhCUgbf0Ak

Sigh. I grew up with classical musicians. Here's a piece of advice. I offer it humbly and without judgment, as everyone needs to see elementary information for this first time somewhere.

If you're talking to people who know their shit, you call it a "piece" not a "song". A song is a very specific thing, and a cantata by Bach is not and never will be a song.

youtube.com/watch?v=4TQWiwrArNc

youtube.com/watch?v=QLj_gMBqHX8

Bach's Brandenburg concertos are God's gifts. I think these concertos were put on one of the Voyager probes

>modern music fags trying to judge classical
>muh modern music requires more skill

I would like to see any of you play Paganini's Caprices or inspire more people than Beethoven's 5th.

While there a few modern pieces that are good, the majority is recycled dog shit like Polish pieces with Bartók inspiration

>Classical is timeless, and they knew at the time that it would be timeless
by timeless you mean some small minority masturbate to their perceived superior taste while listening to that old trash?

yes, of course, good music is always good music. and the only reason why good music nowadays would be forgotten is because it is drowned under all the bad music while back in the days of classical music there was barely any music to begin with. but you cant know till it actually happened. music is much older than just a few centuries and the large majority has clearly been forgotten and so would have classical without the morronic nostalgiafaggotry

thanks, i know that, but i think we're all going to continue referring to all 'old' music from the time of rigeur as 'classical' music. but you've shown me that you're aware of words like baroque and renaissance, so that's good.

>fuck off

enjoy your pop and rock.

i'm not telling you not to. i like a lot of modern music to. but you need to keep things in perspective, you can 'like' a 2000 chevy metro, you still can't compare that to a maserati. and the differences are objective.

>romanticism
Are you a teenage girl by chance?

That post was literally just copy paste from the classical music wikipedia page.

The biggest classical fan I've ever met, and who is fucking amazing at classical guitar, was also a massive loser, and virgin until he was 20. Guy is absolutely unbearable to be around, and he's feminine as fuck. He would plug his ears when a fire truck or ambulance went by like a little baby. And he was a manlet.

youtu.be/Ehbar90jHz8?t=21m12s

>enjoy your pop and rock.
shows how clueless you are. I listen to neither

... do teenage girls like beethoven and wagner?

what? prove it.

yes you do. maybe i should say, pop and folk, because all modern music is either folk music or pop music. these are objective classifications. besides, you can't prove that that's not exactly what you like, can you? maybe you DO listen to pop and rock, but you're saying you don't so you can't say i don't have it right.

Musical wankery = good music according to classical listeners

Its not like they where complex or innovative, 4/4 scale deriven pieces where the lowest music then and it is now

thats shit tho

fucking idiot

ok link me a modern music piece you think Id listen to, maybe you are right after all

>Anecdotally, I have never heard someone I would call intelligent, listen to rap, pop, or electronica.

All of the classical composers would've gone fucking nuts if you had showed them how to use a Moog. Electronic music and the fact that we can now recreate any sound perceptible to the human ear is the most revolutionary thing in music in the last 200 years.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_music

good post

Romanticism is the best period in Western Art Music. I don't understand how you'd think romanticism would attract teenage girls unless you're confusing romanticism with lovey-dovey- romantic pop music.

youtu.be/cnn3TVBDtcA?t=23m30s

w a t e r m u s i c

>what? prove it.
also, lol, you did not even recognize that obvious wiki copy pasta? how new to the internet are you or is it just plain low IQ?

media.giphy.com/media/iqzBgjLQtlwn6/giphy.gif

These fedora tipping leaves need to go

>Romanticism is the best period in Western Art Music
No it isn't. You just like it because it reminds you of movie soundtracks.

this is an imageboard, attach images to your post

lurk more or fuck off newshit

great, i've now control-f searched my sentences and they're not present on that page. thanks.

even if i linked your favorite piece of music, you could still claim you've never heard it.

> how new to the internet are you or is it just plain low IQ?

>spending enough time on the internet to recognize every Sup Forums in-joke

>being smart

pick one and only one, and that is not a meme

Honestly actual professional musicians - people who are paid to play in major orchestras - typically have very wide-ranging musical tastes. They know the latest pop tunes too.

The same applies to pro musicians in many genres. I can't remember who it was, but one of the founding punk guys in the 70s had a well-known enormous vinyl collection of accordion music.

> Brown eyes.

even in your memes, you are a shit skin.

I like classic rock
It reminds me of better times

>tfw listen to dream pop and trap beats exclusively, hoes love it.
>panties come off faster when the dream pop mix is on
>cucks still out here listenin to classical pretending to be anything other than a pleb

Stay virgin m8s

youtube.com/watch?v=MtOXOROEneU

My negro

youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3BlFZWJNA

I think you might genuinely be retarded.

youtu.be/UcknsYVgdkM?t=30m1s

All these niggaz don't know the history of Handel's Watermusic. It was revolutionary.

It was written for King George as a music suite to be played floating down the Thames.

On the night Handel played it for the King he liked it so much, he demanded an encore and the musicians played well into the early morning (AM)

I don't listen to movie soundtracks, I haven't watched a movie in a decade and a half.

Most of the music I listen to encompasses baroque-romantic era Western Art Music, the period between the 1920s-1960s when Electronic Music was very based in Classical Music Theory, and traditional scottish/irish/anglo folk music.

both are trash

classic is pretentious trash, and pretentious people get hell in real life

western (nigger) rap is also trash, and trash people also get hell irl

uh, alright then.

Idk about him but I sure as heck think you are underaged

This is Sup Forums, we only listen to wagner.

Wagner sucks. Too edgy

> proud of fucking low class druggie/ alcoholic female trash.

T. tyrone

I'll try again. The post you replied to saying that they clearly knew what they were talking about etc was just copy pasted from wikipedia.

Your post was not from wikipedia, the post you replied to was. Get it now?

>not listening to the superior baroque

youtube.com/watch?v=mDeiHrAwubs

youtube.com/watch?v=XTsb7oy4SFg

youtube.com/watch?v=kz3rbXDQryw

youtube.com/watch?v=Ar7pTCTj1SE

youtube.com/watch?v=3LTUc2XxF3c

youtube.com/watch?v=uOLClyWb_EI

youtube.com/watch?v=W3iRaYQ19tY

youtube.com/watch?v=3n8XdKkrqgo

Well technically Palestrina or Monteverdi aren't Barqoue, but rather Renaissance period, I included them because they are the foundation of what became the Baroque, Palestrina being on of the most important developers of Baroque counterpoint, and Monteverdi being the major bridge between the two periods.