Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i4UpvpHNGpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah

>humans evolved from rocks that appeared out of nowhere
Atheists actually believe this

Yes.

Yes.

Threadly reminder that an omnipotent being, by definition, can cause you to disbelieve His existence.

the highest ranking members of abrahamic religions know they're bullshit, but there's a reason that no atheistic society was successful before the modern era. religion provides a shared cultural bond, and is a powerful tool that most leaders have taken advantage of.

>misinterpreting science

How does this help the godfags?

>3000 years ago

No successful society has ever thought the earth was a sphere!

Yes

Mencken is America's greatest social critic

>Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

>facts are more important than feelings
fuck off mootcken

>religion provides a shared cultural bond, and is a powerful tool that most leaders have taken advantage of.

This x 1,000,000. If you are a white person of European descent you have a duty to your ancestry and your race to raise your children in a Christian environment regardless of your personal beliefs. At a certain point it becomes bigger than your muh skyfairy bullshit and it becomes about passing on the culture and values of your forefathers to your progeny. If you find that backwards, don't forget who got you to your position at the vanguard of humanity.

so i skipped a few steps, it's a simplified version.

nothing

that's why i said before the modern era you fucking moron. every system in society can only work in conjunction with surrounding systems. atheism wasn't a real option until the improvement of scientific techniques and the widespread distribution of education.

you stupid illiterate fuck.

I will pass on MY culture and values. Not indoctrinating them into a Semitic cult though

Religion = the human admission that emotion is more important than reality

>don't forget who got you to your position at the vanguard of humanity.
Never forget based Romulus

Okay, chill man. Did your wife get RAKED or something?

I'm not a scientist, go ask them? I don't see why you'd need to reject science to be a Christian

>Not indoctrinating them into a Semitic cult though

It's been appropriated. Christianity is European, has been since the time of the Romans.

>I will pass on MY culture and values.

You don't have culture or values without Christianity, you're just living in a glorified, open-borders shopping mall, celebrating holidays with vague pagan symbols about which you can't even remember the meaning. Your children will be even more obedient globalist stooges than you are, ruled over by the same Semitics you disparage before while their, and your, existence becomes slowly diluted to nothingness by brown savages.

>logical imbecilities

He says, against his opponent, that the pragmatic value of a belief is worth less than the truth of the belief. But there's no issue of logic involved. Even if his opponent said that religion is true because it's useful (a strawman), it still wouldn't be a logical fallacy, it would just be a non-sequitur. I think he might be confused, or just have a penchant for using the term "logic" to make himself seem more correct.

Whatever you say, schlomo

because atheism has worked out so well for western europe? a sliding scale morality is whatever morality it takes to make you feel like a good person at that given time. you lack conviction and character - so will your doomed progeny. you as the torch bearer of two millenia are thowing the torch in the lake at first chance. absolutely disgusting.

Nah.

My fiance and I are conservative atheists. We use logic and science to justify our positions so they are THAT MUCH stronger. We will teach our children too.

I don't need a holy book to know that kebab must be removed

i'm a scientist, i'm telling you first hand the bullshit they sell as 'settled'.

they'll have you believe abiogenesis and panspermia - it's like they want anything other than monotheistic a God which is the obvious reason we exist.

Mencken is always right.

>f you are a white person of European descent you have a duty to your ancestry and your race to raise your children in a Christian environment

>let's celebrate the achievements our ancestors by stunting progress on the basis of misplaced feels (MUH TRADITION)

If you knew your history, you'd know that it's not Christianity that's responsible for everything. Or maybe you're gonna argue that Rome's heritage is completely irrelevant and that Europe only stopped being a place of mudhuts and cavemen when Christ got crucified.

This.

>The fact is that the average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth. He is not actually happy when free; he is uncomfortable, a bit alarmed, and intolerably lonely. Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

For someone who is so worried about da joooooos you sure don't seem to have a good handle on their impacts on modern society.

>If you knew your history, you'd know that it's not Christianity that's responsible for everything. Or maybe you're gonna argue that Rome's heritage is completely irrelevant and that Europe only stopped being a place of mudhuts and cavemen when Christ got crucified.

No one said it was responsible for everything. But you of all people should appreciate the effect that a shared religion has on the cohesion and reinforcement of a culture.

1. Biogenesis

Biogenesis is the first stage of this story. All the planets around all the billions of stars in all the billions of galaxies are organized at random with practically infinite variation, and because there are so many, the law of big numbers prevails: every possible planet that could be (given the universe and its physical laws) probably has been, is, or will be. Thus, that one or more planets should have all the right properties for biogenesis is probably a foregone conclusion, and our planet is known to be one of those rare few. Though we have none of the information we need to calculate any of the relevant statistics, this is still a reasonable conclusion because scientific research upholds all the elements of the theory—the vast size and variation of the cosmos, the law of big numbers, the suitability of Earth for natural biochemistry, the ease with which a biochemistry can arise in such conditions, and the abundance throughout space, and especially our solar system, of all the chemicals needed to get life started. Everything from amino acids to sugar, from water to sulphur, from oxygen to nitrogen and carbon dioxide, has been found in space, sometimes in great quantities. And these are the things of which life is made.

So the ground was set: we are made of the very things commonly found in the universe. And planets like earth are just the sort of places where they would most likely come together. Furthermore, experiments have proved that amino acids naturally chain into proteins, the building blocks of life, when subjected not only to many possible kinds of natural forces, but forces we know were common on the early earth, and beyond. Finally, scientists have manufactured proteins that naturally reproduce themselves without the aid of any additional enzymes, proteins so simple that we now know the odds of such things forming by chance are well within the realm of cosmic possibility

Or maybe space wizard poofed us into existence

you and your soon to be exwife are as liberal as they come if you are openly atheist. blasphemy and apostasy will destroy your life son.

side note, why would you marry at all when it's a religious ceremony? it's just giving your blue pilled wife legal standing for your impending divorce. don't you see? as an atheist your finance is even more hypergamous than your typical western women. it just makes no sense to marry a woman who is not anything less than devoutly religious.

partially
Before I found God I was a nihilist and if I ever stopped believing in God I would go back to being one

>mating for life is religious

Nah, plenty of species do it. Jealous?

I think it's pretty funny that someone who disavows religion as much as you is perfectly willing to engage in a ceremony that was appropriated from religion and bastardized by the state for the benefit of (((certain actors))). It's basically a microcosm of your life.

HAHAHAHAHHAA you are so historically malnourished it's hilarious. Most Europeans in the supposed 'dark ages' believed the world was a sphere.

Every religious person I know that is married in a church is also legally married

>the dark ages were 3000 years ago

fresh OC

they've had literal shit in a pressure cooker for decades now, watching it, thinking simple life will just magically form, it's sad really. even by cheating and putting the direct amino acids preformed in proper proportions in the mix, it won't work ever.

if your primordial soup bucket was thousands of lightyears in volume, it'd never randomly happen. you have a creator user.

Of course they are, gotta get those (((tax benefits))) and make sure you have (((power of attorney))). Then of course if/when your spouse decides her life decision wasn't worth the trouble, there's always the... ((())).

The question to ask is if, in a world without religion, you would still feel the need to have a ceremony to mark what you call a lifetime mating arrangement.

Then the question after that is why the state is so interested in marriage, and why their version of it is so fundamentally different from the religious conception of it.

The man was a prophet.

Oh wow, they can't make life? So life is too complex to happen without a creator? Shucks, I didn't know that.

Anyway, tell me about this creator that is complicated enough to create life. Our wait... He's complicated. So he's too complicated too have come about with a creator.

Shucks, what a conundrum!

>marrying a special snowflake with only one life to live
>expecting it to not end in divorce
wake up user. find God, then find a religious woman. basically do what every single white man in your family did that led to you... or don't.

>Then the question after that is why the state is so interested in marriage

A government has an interest in a stable population, raised by bonded parents, for a lawful and growing population/economy/army.

Also, have you ever used the Firefox version of the coincidence detector (I wrote it)

>dark ages
>something that actually happened
There are people on Sup Forums right now who fell for the dark ages meme?

My parents are conservative atheists too

>A government has an interest in a stable population, raised by bonded parents, for a lawful and growing population/economy/army.

But user, that IS the question. Do they have an interest in those things?

If the Earth was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real... then all rocks should be animals now

>>>r/atheism bants
i'm looking for a counterpoint in there, but i can't find it.

Any sufficiently greedy leader should have an interest in growing their own economy/army...

>there are people who are actually this retarded
>and they vote

>suggest life is too complex to happen without a creator
>propose an even more complex thing that happened without a creator

Special pleading

some people, you just can't help.
the atheist/jewish/godless powers that be, do not. their only goal is to destroy the vanguard position the white race has obtained.

ATHEISTS ETERNALLY BTFO

you could revive Nordic rituals and other pagan shit. after all, most cultural Christian rituals are just appropriated pagan ones. why no cut out the middle man?

you can't use science as your sword if you have no evidence user for any of the 'leading' theories. none. it sounds like you wish to have a more philosophical debate though, so start with explaining a little more about your faith in the big bang without a creator and abiogenesis, as unlikely as they both are. specifically how you came to believe in them without evidence or facts?

maybe if this gif was 4 billion years long it would be accurate

clearly you have an issue with specific dogma. but how does this disprove God?

>Any sufficiently greedy leader should have an interest in growing their own economy/army...

That was only one of the things, and arguably the easiest to obtain regardless of the status of marriage.

Let's think about this for a minute. So you have marriage, the ceremony, a religious institution. Prior to the rise of secular governments, it's natural for the state to record these. Today, they say it's for legal purposes. But that seems unnecessary, right? Anything you could accomplish in a marriage you could accomplish in a private contract, much like a corporation. Many states have "common law" marriages. And don't forget about those awful civil unions.

And yet still, while the state has continued to use marriage even after its separation from religion, it has instituted new laws that seem to warp its original purpose. What's the point of a lifetime mating arrangement in the age of no-fault divorce, decriminalized adultery, and same-sex "marriage"?

It seems that the state's use of marriage is diametrically opposed to that of religious institutions. It seems, in fact, that the state wishes to dilute its meaning to nothingness, to make of it a worthless designation of no more use than the semantics of teenagers who progress from "talking" to "going out".

Now, what you need to do is use your "logic and science" to determine exactly why the state would want to do such a thing.

The universe is expanding apart, extrapolate backwards -> they were closer together.

That's the big bang theory.

It has nothing to do with creation of matter or energy.

I've already explained biogenisis. Yes we lack the exact details, but we have more evidence of it than the Jewish god

See Also, you sound like a conspiracy theorist. Are you married?

>using an analogy of Santa Claus to critize religion
nice argument.

You're dodging the question, I daresay you seem uncomfortable about its implications. And I am married, 12 years.

>nothing

Are you legally married? How many children? Public school? What do you and your wife do for a living?

>yes we lack any evidence of any kind
cosmic background radiation and red shift are not evidence. Even if more substantiated proof is found, it will never show the cause of the big bang - and certainly never show that there was "no cause".
>i explained abiogenesis
no you copy pastad and never answered my follow ups. You literally have faith in nothing based on little to no evidence, convinced of this by a jew uni professor who profits by your abandoning Christ. sad!

I never mentioned cosmic background radiation... Are you a bot?

Also, even if I admit biogenisis is impossible it doesn't make your Jewish God real. There are infinite other ways intelligent gods/aliens could have made life on earth

Are you really worshipping the god of the gaps?

>antimatter
>antienergy
please explain, show evidence of this mr. science. I'd like to see an image or picture or sample or some kind of empirically proven evidence of this. you do have something other than the mad ramblings of a string theorist right?
>using your self-aware soul created in Gods image that shouldn't exist to explain that you are an accident and are essentially nothing but a zero sum.
wew lad. open your eyes.

youtu.be/i4UpvpHNGpM

>Are you a bot
is this the typical r/atheism response when you really have nothing left and don't have a science education to fall back on?
>I admit abiogenisis is impossible
so end of debate? cool. also, God is God, whether my version of monotheism is correct or not. An uncreated creator we'll call him, it sounds like we agree on this much.
>intelligent gods/aliens
so now you are falling back on Panspermia? good Lord. What gets called 'science' nowadays is just pathetic. numales like yourself have ruined every aspect of western civilization.

is that nigger science man? i always get a laugh out of him. But you should make a point if you have one instead of posting a randonegro video that nobody will watch.

Yes
People confuse family values for religion because their parents use religion to convince their kids to adopt family values

>You don't believe in Jewish Fairytales
>This has to mean you're an atheist
Please kill yourself religiouscuck

Nice post and flag

t. muslim atheist

Dakord

*tips fedora* yes

Here's the thing, it doesn't matter if religion is true. What matters is that it's a reflection of the standards and virtues that make a society prosperous.

For example:

Christianity practices monogamy with a strong emphasis on having only one partner in your life. This reflects the uniform distribution of the genders, causing the practicing populous to have a stake in the society. You take that away and men have no reason to care about the general welfare of society.

Islam practices polygamy, in combination with a violent expansion, dependent on the destruction and enslavement of the nonbeliever. It's prosperous as long as it's expanding, providing a supply of concubines for the nonuniform distribution of the genders in their societies.

Both are prosperous and both can be undermined.

I couldn't care less about an almighty creator. What I do care about is the integrity of religion as the backbone of society. To undermine religion is to essentially undermine the progress if man.

m8, you not gonna like this part.

>China is strong
>China is mostly irreligious

Fuck off, Muhammad

Irreligious master race here

A 15-year-old can make the argument that god isn't real. You should rather be arguing about the implications of society abandoning faith and it's effects at large.

be careful what you say ahmed, your country beheads the blasphemous.

Except that I don't argue that religion is good because it makes men good.

It is good because it plays a part in saving men's souls

Fugg off gommie. Albania is a Bektashi Country

You're right

No.

>China is mostly irreligious
Atheism in china is below 10 percent.

Albos are subhuman but no, no they don't fucking kill "infidels".

Sounds a bit of a lefty to me.

Probably the only journalist that was not a pure lying propagandist tool of the bourgeoisie, like we have now. They made shit up all the time back then too.

>so stupid he doesn't understand an obvious joke
>pretends to be smarter than anyone

*dibs at baldymore man*

>fake stats make me right