Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with trade?

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with trade?
Is being a plumber and making $40k for the rest of your life really that much better than going to college?
Also chemical engineering best engineering

>everyone has to go to college
Saged

>reverse search images leads to Sup Forums
fuck

>plumber
>40k

>Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with trade?
>Proceeds to talk about services instead of products.

You can only trade products you novice. Plumbing is a service.

the teeth girl

It costs less to go to trade school and you're more likely to end up in a job.

Was your autism natural or did it come from vaccines?

fuck, I knew I had seen that somewhere.

I make 80k a year as an electrician

> $40k a year
Kek my plumber mates can make up to £2k in good weeks, they easily average £70-80k a year here in bongland

>Is being a plumber and making $40k for the rest of your life really that much better than going to college?

For most circumstances, yes, actually.

It took me a while to swallow that pill, but academia is literally poison now.

>plumber
>40k a year

Yeah no. Plumbers and trade in general make WAAAAAYYYYY more than that NEETbro. Is your student debt giving you crippling depression yet? :3
t. Mechanic / Fabricator

This is nice thread

Your fortune: average luck

>chemical engineer
So basically a glorified plumber, right?

Something that people overlook of trades is flexible hours

I mean who the fuck actually has their plumber/electrician come on time, they can do whatever they want because they have a specialized skill

How's the job industry for fabricators in the U.S. right now? I'm in the middle of getting my steel fab diploma.

That's because your nanny state of a country doesn't even let you work on your own plumbing.

you've never heard "plying your trade"?

is this some bait shit? plumbing, carpentry, electricians, those are trades.

Pretty sure it's Miyazawa Yukino from Kare Kano.

Because college is a liberal brainwashing machine. If you go to college with that in mind like I do, you'll be fine, but never forget it and always question everything they teach you.

Let's put it this way, user. I went to college. I went to grad school. I got my PhD. I got a tenure-track position in a university straight away, because I was that good. I still make only $40K. I'll get a slight raise when I do get tenure, but by that time my salary will have lagged far behind what I would be making as a high school teacher had I skipped the PhD. Had I gone into trades, like my best friend from high school, I could have skipped the expense of college and could have been earning money and gaining experience. The friend I mentioned now owns his own fiber optic cable laying company and makes more money than I ever will in academia.

>making $40k for the rest of your life

that's not how it works OP

>Thinking you're not pretty fucked with a chem e degree

Wew lad you would have been Vetter off civil.
Used to work in a lab with a girl with an Ivy Chem E. She made the same shit 16 an hour as I did.

Is EE any good?

>he hasn't watched kane kano

>hurr durr

Only thing I dislike about trades are the amount of uneducated white trash. The ignorant things my coworkers talk about astounds me, most of these guys never made it past 9th grade and it definitely shows. A bunch of 40 year olds with the mentality of 13 year old boys. When I'm on the jobsite I honestly feel like I'm working with a bunch of middle schoolers.

>mfw my Princeton PhD biochemist mentor only made 70k a year and was the department chair

Really made me think. Literal garbage men on our rail system make more after 4 years

fpbp

Who the fuck actually ever needs a plumber is what I don't get.

I think my entire life my family or myself never needed to call a plumber. I think we used an electrician once, maybe.

>Plumber
>40k a year

Wew lad. I hired a friend of the families plumber recently, he actually did it for free but we talked about business and the guy makes 1k in a day sometimes.

Your numbers seem to be off by a lot. Let me guess, youre quoting collegiate propaganda?

Better than chem or mech

Best when paired with something comp related, knew another guy who did Ivy EE and got a comfy NSA job, another parlayed it into somesuch tech shit for a sili valley startup

May have had more to do with him being a leet haxor

>Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with trade?

They just want to feel better about themselves for working in what's essentially manual labor jobs for the rest of their lives.

Some people just can't do college.

Plumbers may make more, but society really has been brainwashed to look down on people in trades. And it's a hard life of manual labor.

A master plumber makes a lot more than 40k

Plumbers are for fat/stupid people

Only time we ever needed a plumber, had a fat houseguests from Texas who somehow shat out a baseball sized turf comet from her vacuous anus.

The fat chick upstairs in my current building is always clogging her john too

Sup Forums is a faggot who never had enough money to go to college so he LARPS about how trade school is the superior option while flipping burgers in Mcdonalds

As a professor, I can't understand tuition costs. If I divide my salary by the number of students I teach, only $50 of each student's tuition actually goes to paying me (isn't that the meaning of "tuition?"). The other $7,000–$20,000 (depending on whether the student is in-state or Chinese) just vanishes into the administration.

>much better than going to college?

not everyone is smart or can handle college classes. Trades offer another option for those who still want a decent life

how many students do you teach per semester? 750?

the teeth girl

I hope you're implying that plumbers make much more than 40k because that's the truth. OP is once again proven to be a dumbass faggot and probably underage.

Salary is yearly. We teach three quarters in year, so divide by three again.

suck my fucking dick you fucking retard

College is so fucking easy it's embarrassing when people say stupid shit like this. I went to college and dropped it because either was an expensive waste of time. I know own my own business and employ fruits who I'm sure say this retarded shit when they could have just applied themselves, saved their money and still gotten the job.

>Is being a plumber and making $40k for the rest of your life really that much better than going to college?
Because skilled trades pay WAY more than that.

Low level, non specialized bear bones residential plumbers average 70k-120k depending on where you live and plumbing is on the lower end of the trade pay scale.

Have Fun being Wage Slaves for ever

School president at my unit makes 400k plus bonus for doing shit all

Like to give you an idea one place I did hvac sales for I would usually do ~30k a week and I got 10% of that plus a salary. If you think 4k a week is bad money then you're just fucking nuts.

>plumbers or most trades
>40k
lol no

Also you're
>implying
that you get a job when you get your degree. Even if you go with stem there's still not a 100% chance you'll get a job, and then you've wasted thousands and end up in a trade anyway.

I only went to college because I got my degree for free, but you're full of yourself if you think all or even most college grads are getting a degree in something that will make them as much as a trade. Especially when said degree costs them being in debt until their 30s/40s.

>College is so fucking easy
>dropped it

let me guess you were also a genius in high school too but you just didn't like doing the work lmao

EE master race
ChemE is degenerate

>Going to Grad School
>Getting a PhD
>Working in academia at all
Should have stopped at 4 years with a competent career choice.

>college is so easy
>I know own my own business
okay user, whatever you say

>Princeton PhD biochemist mentor only made 70k a year and was the department chair
That's mind blowing m8. Does it work in good uni?
What did you study for your PhD? I thought most professors make 90k or more a year when they get tenure in science/technology.
Chem E? Petroleum E the best even when oil price is dropping.

Long story short, it's a money laundering scheme.

It's all about what you do with your trade that separates the men from the boys.

Working at some statewide/national plumbing company will result in stagnant careers.

Go out on your own, build contracts establish a wealthy network go in and fuck bitches bro. Still 2-5x better than what some liberal arts degree creates, aside from poor teachers.

>electrical engineering best engineering

FTFY