Well Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancestral_Puebloans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That was technically prehistory at the time.

that is in our history books, its portrayed as colonialism of our forefathers and how it's supposed to make us whites feel guilty for fucking over the native man with beads and shiny things in exchange for their land and resources.

it is, but no one cares as they accomplished nothing

same as ours

it's irrelevant

because it's worthless information

It literally is.

Because a bunch of tribes are not the same as sovereign countries.

>WHY ISN'T THIS IN YOUR HISTORY BOOKS?
>Post a picture from a history book
Liberals.

Fpbp

I find it hard to believe they even had languages. I just assumed they pointed and grunted.

I thought the natives were a peaceful, loving people with no concept of land ownership?

Who gives a fuck about natives

it actually is in the history books. the whole injuns being btfo saga is there at the beginning of american history

why do we need to know the approximate political boundaries of extinct tribes at some arbitrary point in time?

probably the same reason we don't know the layout of southeast asia in 1350, BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER

It is.

Someone was probably too retarded to pay attention in school.

It is. Too bad almost all shitskins drop out early. You would have been taught about "muh heritage"

Because they were conquered.

History is the story of conquerors, not the conquered.

If they were all super peaceful ultra-humans why do they have distinct borders?

Why aren't they just one huge group? Do they not share eachother's values or something?

It really makes me ponder!

losers don't get a say.

it literally is. The first few chapters of AP US history (and all US history courses, I only took APUSH and not regular but I saw the textbook the lower guys used) in high school is all about pre-contact

it literally was when i was in elementary or middle school, we learned some american history. basically started with a map like that.

most of them knew at least three languages
they were more like family groups than tribes so they needed to communicate with other mobs to trade/marriage ceremonies etc.

Was going to say this.
The Celts and Iberians are barely in our history books either.

it is

That is in our history books you dumbass. YOu just haven't been to school.

>apache
>conquering all that territory
haha get fucked athabaskan leaf shits. you fucking wish you had all that.

>Native Americans were the same as Europeans; they had borders and fought wars to gain land from other tribes, just like in Europe
>HURR EUROPEANS ARE EVIL FOR DOING THE THING THEY DID TO EACH OTHER ALL THE TIME CUZ INJUNZ WERE PEECEFUL AND AND NATURE LOVING HIPPIES

Jesus liberals are SO dumb.

History is written by the victor

it is in our history books retard

Why are those called nations if nationalities were supposedly invented in the 19th century

but user we do know the layout of southeast asia in 1350

>Maya and Aztec on the same map
HOL UP

Those groups didn't exist at the same time.

You should really include accurate Injun history in your school classes. Redpill the kids about how senselessly aggressive they were to each other so they don't grow up with the Disney's "noble savage" bullshit.

why did we have to destroy all the cool Indians now all we got left in Canada are the Cree niggers the lowest of all Indian races

It was in mine. Then i did a project on tribal warfare and cannibalism in the America's and the teacher got angry then stopped the unit.

Not if they cant defend it senpai.

I think each nation should have some time teaching their students about their history but if people are truly interested in it the information isn't hard to find and they can look it up themselves

All we learn about in history class until higshcjool is aboriginals and natives.

It is.

It's a waste of time. Also they didn't form political nations, all they had was scattered tribes, with the exception of the Iriquois "Confederacy", as far as I'm aware. If someone has greater knowledge on pre-colonial indian nation-states, I would love to hear it. I would also love to know your sources, considering that there are no written languages or otherwise recorded histories of these people.

because if it were, they'd yell and scream about their culture being appropriated.

its a good thing all the injuns had a written history and that won't be lost to time right

I think it's more because history by its traditional definition refers to a written record.

Because winning strategies cannot fall into the hands of whites.

>the map of Asia hasn't changed at all for a thousand years
gg wp

you read my mind.

Also, the aztecs basically refer to everyone north of them as "chichimecas" literally barbarians, nothing to be proud of.

This is the only North America map you need to know

>muh natives are people

>le peaceful native meme
This. Yeah i wish that meme would die off. Natives have been infighting for years with each other and even when Europeans came, they sided with French/British/Spanish colonies against other native groups for trade and dominance and revenge. They were just as ruthless as Europeans were, if not worse.

I wish I could go back in time and make sure to create a policy of complete extermination of the natives in central and north america, in addition to exterminate all jews in the German and Russian Empire. Would solve so much problems.

probably because southeast asians bothered to record their history

>use valuable class time learning about redskins doing the same shit over the course of hundreds of years
>all of it based on conjecture since they didn't even write that shit down

Very much compels me to ponder.

that's fucking sad dude. do they at least cover the visigoths or do they just fellate the renaissance?

First for Zuni native americans!

It is, you just went to a shitty school.

I agree. Truth be told these maps are used in education, but it's mainly used to show Whitey how they systematically murdered the 60 gorillion injuns who dindu nuffin.

i mean in terms of american public school history books

these largely useless facts should be recorded so people can make use of them when need be. we already spend and entire year of our education learning about rosa parks sitting on a bus.

why bother teaching "some people once lived around here. you can't see the effects of anything they did because they didn't build anything or create anything, but know that at some point they wandered by and camped out for a few days! this was their land even though they also didn't own it because white people invented the evil concept of property!"

because it would destroy the noble savage meme

yeah why are fucking zuni and hopi lumped in with the apache? those leaf fucks shouldnt even be in the picture.

The native divisions is in textbooks here.

It was in my text books. Then human history continued. War happened. People died. A new nation was born.

Why are liberals always so upset by the progression of history? Are they bigots or something? What's wrong with progress?

>implying it won't look like this if things keep going they way they currently are

>Every hipster faggot loves to spout how Thanksgiving has origins with whitey slaughtering natives
>Neglects to mention the part that whitey did it at the behest of a friendly tribe that said they'd help them survive in the new world provided they helped them push another larger tribe's shit in that had been slaughtering them for decades
It's a good meme.

It was. Nobody gives a shit about it.

What kind of bait is this?

>Indians
>borders

Except there was fucking nothing but a few mud huts. I don't give a fuck about the savage native. I just don't understand why we didn't genocide all the natives and negros.

I'm older and our educative system have changed so many times...
But in my time we centered in the middle ages and Renaissance, but barely touched the Visigoths that were probably the least studied period besides modern age because that was at the end of the year and there wasn't really time and professors were happy not to dwell in the civil war too much.

Theres lots of iroquios and metis left. They're still kind of shit. Not as shit as Cree though.

Because it doesn't matter

Don't be so antisemitic. We need too spend time talking about the lives lost in the shoh.

those borders weren't formal, they were all just the areas in which the tribes had roamed

And speaking of ruthless natives, if you want to read some dark shit check up on how the Apaches and Mexicans were near the border in the 19th Century. Peaceful savages my fucking ass.

How does it help society progress? Layering on white guilt? It's inefficient teaching (unneccesary beyond a single lesson crash-course), and puts the the break of social cohesiveness progressing.

No private land no borders.

Give me a search term, eh?

There are entire history books dedicated to those maps you dumb fuck.

I belive the Clovian people ended up having a fairly advanced empire similiar to the Meso-Americans that sat on the mississippi around the dark ages, aparently they had a written language too (like the mayans). Ill have to look more into it.

>
southeast asians can write, and think about more than the next meal

Oh, I forgot to add: I did a brief stint as a long-term substitute teacher. This image, or rather the information in it, was my primary lesson plan for four months of history with my fifth graders. Kek.

The Apache sure do have a lot of land.
It's pretty funny shaped also.

I wonder how they got so much land and why it's shaped so funny. I wonder if the Comanche know. They are right next to them.

Hmmm...

Or the Aztec and Maya human sacrifices. They had some proto-soccer game. Guess what happened to the losing team?

It's the reason the conquistadors could take Mexico in the first place. The other tribes hated the Aztecs.

>american education

More like this m8

Why would it be a history book?

Do you do a lot of study of major linguistic groups, which this is a map of, in history class?

hope things have improved then at least for the kids. spain's got a lot of interesting history going back before the middle ages, you had rome, visigoths, cardial ware and all that shit.

It is though? There's always a section on pre-colonial America in American history books

Because thru couldn't even invent the wheel.

>Texas ever being owned by Mexico.
Because that went so well the last time right?

>implying the wall isn't going up first

there weren't even huts, they didn't even have permanent settlements

It was when I went to school but it was like elementary or Jr high.

>implying Mexico hasn't already won the reconquista in Texas' cities

Because we have a Caddo Parish in Louisiana

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancestral_Puebloans
Baka.

Apache-Mexican Wars is a good start. "Shadows at Dawn" is a book that kinda highlights just how eager natives could be when it came to killing other natives.
>Hey, sorry about slaughtering your camp a few years back.
>Not an issue pale face.
>You're being awfully understanding considering...
>Look, you're helping us raid and massacre those assholes ten miles to the south, it's all good.
>But they're Apache. You're Apache to.
>Yeah, but they're LIPAN Apache. Fuck those guys.

That's...actually the first "region" map I've seen that correctly nails the rather stark cultural divides that exist in Oklahoma

Kudos - where did you find this?

They taught us about the tribes living in Texas, because the Rangers had to "pacify" them

WE

Cloves got wiped out by the younger dryas flood. The glaciers above North America let loose all at once. Wiped out all the mega fauna and any evidence of culture that came before.