Heroin deaths surpass gun homicides for the first time

Why is this?

I'll take 'War in Afghanistan' for $500!

wow. they should make it illegal to buy and own heroin

The new opiate epidemic (I.e oxycotin express) originated in Florida, where there was little regulations on the pain docs prescribing tons of opiates.

People from out of state would road trip (even from as far as Oregon and Washington) to load up on pills and sell back at home.

Then the feds came down and changed the rules by severely restricting prescriptions and busting doctors.

Everyone in the nation is still addicted to opiates, but all the dealers are now dry. At the same time the opiate pharmaceutical industry developed a new opiate called fentanyl, which is 50-100 more potent than morphine.

So the street heroine industry throughout the states has a fresh, new customer base aching for some relief. But they decide to make their heroine stretch even further by cutting it with fentanyl.

Now you got whole communities having overdoses by former oxy addicts on this new heroine-fentanyl combo.

Now there are overdoses and deaths happening everywhere. (friend passed away from this situation one year ago this month).

It's worse if you're clean for a while and give the new cut heroine a try because not only is your tolerance down, but you never had the tolerance for this new cut in the first place.

Shitty dealers who mix too much shit inside and not only you didn't ban drugs, you want to legalize them, expect more of this.

friendly reminder that this heroin comes in through the mexico border, and that obongo/CIA endorse and profit off of it

Sadly 80% of those deaths are in New England.

We're in a heroin epidemic.

You sound like you are in the know. How'd you come across this information?

So krokodil has spread to the US or what?

because these days the opiate of the masses is actual opiates.

this is pretty accurate

a good post on Sup Forums ?!

I dont know but i like it. I fucking hate americans especially white americans

>krokodil
>heroine
No.

>Why is this?
More people do heroin and die of it.

Friend died, read about a spike in overdoses and od deaths in the past year (this whole thing is a few years in the making)

Also was addicted a few years ago while it was still oxy that was available.

The opiate pharmaceutical industry is one of the main lobbyists fighting Marijuana law changes as well.

They bankrolled politicians in areas that doctor shopping had limited regulations (such as Florida). So the assholes in Congress who aren't necessarily conservative (since they are all anti drug) but who are for some reason anti Marijuana are almost guaranteed getting money from the lobbyists of major pharmaceutical opiate producers.

They don't care that you od. They just want the opiates to continue to sell.

Moral of the story, dont do opiates.

jews

Intentional poisonings.

I've stopped buying foreign food products manufactured in Countries that have taken in a lot of Middle Eastern and Sub-Saharan African "refugees" specifically because of this. So long Kinder, Haribo and Cadbury.

That's how they're going to kill a lot of unsuspecting people is via poisons in sweets. Access to large batches of prepackaged sweets isn't hard to accomplish.

Anyway, heroin is and always has been cut with garbage ingredients, the most popular of which is Fentanyl, which causes respiratory arrest and lethargic pulmonary function at best.

Why can't these people go get a script like normal people? I get 90 perocet/month that I pay 5 bucks for.

Are you fucking insane? If this held up at all, you'd see 11 year olds ODing on heroin after eating candy.

Yeah but why is that?

fpbp

looks like theyre just fudging the figures to get more money for the "war on drugs"

is there any proof that many people actually died?

get woke

Idiot.

It hasn't happened yet, and heroin wont be their poison of choice. Too expensive.

Mark my words. Not like unskilled people can do anything other than factory and menial labor jobs.

the amount of adulterants used to cut the actual heroin varies from place to place and dealer to dealer. image a big time dealer cuts his dope fifty fifty and sells it to a bunch of smaller time dealers. they each cut it themselves to differing degrees. by the time it gets to the user who knows how many hands it's passed through, how many times it's been cut, or what it was cut with. the user could end up with something that is 20% heroin 20% fentanyl and 60% baking soda or some other cheap white powder one day and the next something with much higher amounts of actual drugs in it. if they take the same dose of purer heroin as they did of the less pure, they'll definitely get higher but they very well could overdose as well.

Not enough gun deaths. We need to arm the niggers better so they can kill each other faster than they kill us with their CIA-supplied Afghani heroin.

Affirmative action means whites lose their jobs, eventually they fall on a crutch (heroin) and then die.

>They bankrolled politicians in areas that doctor shopping had limited regulations (such as Florida). So the assholes in Congress who aren't necessarily conservative (since they are all anti drug) but who are for some reason anti Marijuana are almost guaranteed getting money from the lobbyists of major pharmaceutical opiate producers.
No surprises there.