Free education and healthcare are radical extreme communist ideas that do not belong in a free market society

>free education and healthcare are radical extreme communist ideas that do not belong in a free market society

>he thinks it's free
Paying for it with tax dollars only means you're charged whether you participate or not, and that the services have less motivation to improve themselves over their competitors.

so lending a book in your local library is not free?

No. You paid for it with your taxes

so much stuff for free for just a little higher percentage of my taxes, wow seems like a bargain for me.

No, it's paid for with tax dollars which is why libraries have been on the decline for 20 years while book store chains (far more expensive) have been on the rise.

Competition breeds improvement. Improvement breeds success.

In theory it is a bargain. The problem is that the government builds so many public libraries and schools that taxes become a lot higher than they need to be. Within a 2 mile radius of where I live there's about 3 libraries and 7 schools, and the cost of building/maintaining those buildings makes taxes higher.

There needs to be more schools, library, and focus on upgrading education than *anything* else in this country.

That line of thinking is why your country fucking blows faggot

>Free
Uh huh

Quality over quantity
Building more schools will only make the quality of education lower because there isn't any kind of competition.
And a lot of the tax dollars allotted to education isn't used for improving the quality of education, it's used for *repairs* around the schools campus because if the district doesn't use all the money they got this year, they'll get less next year. It becomes a game of wasting money on things they don't actually need just to make sure they won't lose any.

>free

>free

>free education
Yeah sure, why not, but the content must be watched closely to prevent misuse of funds and propaganda.
>healthcare
Well, on a restricted matter.
I don't want to pay for YOUR lung cancer because YOU smoked.
I don't want to pay for YOUR cirrhosis because YOU drink.
I don't want to pay for YOUR operations because YOU are a fat fuck.

This is where I draw the line.

Most people are pretty fucking retarded to start with.
I don't want more retarded people because they can't afford a half decent education.
It's a small price to pay.
Thank God no one takes Libertarians seriously.

libraries:bookstores::horses:cars

>so much stuff for free for just a little higher percentage of my taxes,
kek

>book store chains (far more expensive) have been on the rise

The furthest I am willing to go is a basic welfare safety net to keep homeless people off the streets. At the most extreme maybe make NEET farms so companies have a reliable source of spenders as robots replace people.

>Borders
If a book sat on a shelf for more than three months, they tore the cover off and chucked it in a dumpster rather than discounting it to get back some of what they lost on that copy. That's just a fucked up system no matter how you look at it.

Thank God nobody takes leaves seriously.

>I'm entitled to the benefits of other people's labor because my dad didn't pull out
Kids these days.