Holy Shit, since Trump got elected, the Jap Yen has gotten weaker

Over the summer, I was getting a weak ¥99 to the US Dollar, now I got about ¥115 to the US Dollar, and it's still getting higher. What's going on?

Trump wants to invest in American infrastructure. Japan makes machines that are then sold to America in order to fix America.

Is the American economy getting stronger or is Japan artificially inflating its currency to get better import/export?

It is expected that Trump will make America great again.

Welcome to my world
Fuckin CDN only worth 77 cents to the usd dollar

so what you're saying is I can get naked anime statues for cheap now?

Not really. At the current exchange rates for every $4 you get an extra $0.60 roughly. It will be interesting to see the yen jump up to ¥130 to for $1

At $100 you get $15 free basically. I was fucked over the summer only getting $97 worth from $100.

I just transferred $1k and didn't realize how weaker the rates are since the election.

Shit forgot pic

Though the rate fluctuations seems stable over the year, it looks like it's increasing since the election

>1 post by this ID

These posts are made to destroy the abundant #pizzagate evidence.

Do not fall for them.

shit that's pre-nafta levels.
wtf is going on up there?

ctr will be arrested, tried & executed for the role in the attempted coup.
also, there's other things to talk about besides what your masters pay you to tell us to discuss.

your execution chamber awaits.

I just changed my WiFi spot since the store just closed, I'm the OP

MUH STRONK DOLLAR

Nice, I can remember when the Euro was like $1.25, Eurovacation goin to be cheap. CHEAP!

It's a perfect time because of Christmas, I have an extra $150 in spending power now.

yeah, and I made bigly money by betting on Trump, this man has already made my life better. I can't wait until America is great again.

Why are you in Japan Gaijin? You stationed there?

US economy getting stronger but Japan will benefit off a weak Yen because it's better for their exports.

Have fun picking up middle schoolers, bro.

Good for me. I import a lot of nipland products.

BTFO
T
F
O

American economy is growing all over the place, MAGA and stuff.

Its Shemitah, the collapse has been triggered now that Trump is president.
Not that said collapse could have been stopped, it was going to happen before 3rd quarter regardless.

>What's going on?
Currencies are pegged to certain exchange rates propped by central banks and institutional traders.
USDJPY's peg is 100, both the BOJ and the FED will inject liquidity to support the exchange above it
>t. futures trader

Nah I was just here visiting my gf, but im just going to buy a rare nippon Airsoft gun with my money and spend the rest of my time basically alone. See below.

Did the TPP have anything to do with this?

I could make some decent money buying specific Jap goods and resell on ebay or Craigslist, if i could offset the shipping costs. Got any good ideas or plans?

there was a tsunami in fukuoka you fucking otaku

>it was going to happen before 3rd quarter
If it happens before Trump is sworn in, it can hardly be called "Trumps fault".

>open relationship
degenerate baka

No, TPP is the boogey man, same as Hillary and proggressivism.
Something to focus on while you ignore the background material, given that the core parts of TPP involving jobs happened independant and the leftover is the unification of signatories under US IP and some basic free trade ones.
TPP was never to pass, it was too distract.

It happened in 2006-7 its just never been dealt with.
Trump's rhetoric and languaging simply caused the market window to advance.
It didn't matter if it was Hillary for the crash, just that it would occur in February and be reported on in April, rather than happening now and being hit up in February.

If you have bonds, evaluate carefully and be ready to get out in less than an hour, quite honestly I would recommend getting out of anything over a year now. Where to put it is a good question.
I'm mostly leaving it all liquid and ready for August when everything shakes out, though I bought into Home Depot, Apple, and some Intel, while keeping in for the dividends in my Ameritrade portfolio.

It's nothing much
US Christmas activity > Japan Christmas activity for obvious reasons
However, it is unknown if the US bubble is coming up (could be trump confidence or end of obama bubble)

What do you think of Bitcoin, I got paid bigly by betting on Trump, but I would like to invest in more traditional stocks. But like you I'm worried about these highs I'm seeing.

>I could make some decent money buying specific Jap goods and resell on ebay or Craigslist, if i could offset the shipping costs. Got any good ideas or plans?
Honestly, its not worth doing that if you don't know whats going to sell and for how much. For one, factor in the price being paid to buy the goods, then shipping, and then the portion ebay takes from your sale, you'll just make a bit more than you paid if you don't know what you're doing.

Take scalping, for example. A lot of people think its an easy money scam, but most are complete idiots, and just make a bit over their total cost to do business.

Not saying that buying and reselling goods can't be decent money, but its not as easy or efficient as some think.

FUCK YOU CANADA

SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIICK

All of the block chain coins have the same issue as fermented fish.
You have to find a buyer for it, and not everyone is Norwegian.
Its the same reason I'm staying liquid instead of doing in hand physical metals.
All of the commodities are going to suffer a significant price relaignment, and the ones that are worthwile are very dense and small such as rhodium and other platnium goups, or memes like gold that are going to crash hard.
Copper and styrofoam are good things, but I lack a warehouse or three to really store them in to make the most of waiting.
So basically, its shitloads of bubbles is all I'm seeing, which makes investment very hard until the fallout occurs and judgement can be made.
Loss prevention isn't an issue as the cash will be good still, since none of this cessation of government. Its all investment opportunities from March to May.

Don't taunt Canadians, we want the Trump tower to not be burned down now.

Alright, well, I guess I'll have to wait to see what happens.

Can you give some pointers on what to invest in? If it's March to May, I probably only have $3k to work with.

Is Investopedia reliable to follow advice from?

Nothing now, the crash begins well last week actually in earnest.
You're in the same boat of me, waiting for the rubble pile to settle and the scrappers to start stealing the copper before it gets turned back into a building.
The real issue is that all of Trump's picks right now are from teh same neocon mold as 2006 and already advocating for 'muh evil Persian aryans sitting there and not bowing to Isrule'
So my expectation is the attempt to get out of it will be done on the back of a war.
But then Trump attacked Boeing in a nanosecond market bid to long their stock.
So that really doesn't make sense why unless he was just passing on a favor to somebody.

Basically, I'm expecting war based on picks and economic plans from their guidebook, but it looks like this group is actually at memetic dumbshit tier levels of Bush Jr's picks.
So it won't be a good war,a nd that is very bad.
THe US is set to regain global hegemony with this crash due to the flight of capitol going into us.
But if Trump causes this too change, such as with protectionist talk, it flows into China for real estate and Russia for industry.
Which would lend a fuck load of credence as too why the CIA would be saying Trump is a plant and why Mcconel blocked the reports. The whole big wealth shift is upcoming, been known for a year, and Russia seems to have just taken the steps to usurp control of it.

If you're wondering, China has a lot of open high end property that would actually be appealing to live in, much less invest, and Ruussia has signficant chunks of underused and idle industry for use. Capitol does not sit liquid on these scales, it seeks to be used and tied up, and right now the low ruble and reminibi are just the things to be in, seeing as China bottomed out this year as far as people want to actually say and Russia is sort of there but distorted from the sanctions.
Oh yeah and you can guess why the sanctions are so key from this.