I understand that "tax the rich!!" "raise the minimum wage!!" is all retarded, but why is the middle class dying...

I understand that "tax the rich!!" "raise the minimum wage!!" is all retarded, but why is the middle class dying? Why have profits risen so much, and the rich gotten so rich, and prices gone up so much, but the poor have gotten poorer, and wages have stagnated?

What's going on, and what can we do?

MAGA

Reaganomics my friend. Look it up.

Workers have become more easily replaceable
And jobs are a bitch to come by so there's not much incentive to give raises to keep workers

Supply and demand

The rich has no interest in sharing out of the kindness of their hearts, the only incentive the rich has to be charitable is the tax write-off that comes with it. The rich will continue to get richer as they are phasing out jobs with robotics that were once occupied by the middle class. If you honestly want the gap between the rich and poor to begin to close you had better get used to ideas like taxing the rich and raising minimum wage.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the rich getting the ever-loving fuck taxed out of them, especially if they have more money than they could spend in an entire lifetime. It is all but guaranteed they came into their money through underhanded methods and exploitation of the American people and their government, then these faggots have the nerve to take jobs outside of the US and pay spics and chinks a meager wage.

Resources aren't free.

Wages have been rising up steadily.
Just not in developed countries, wages have double since the 80s in most developing countries.

Welcome to globalisation...
I could spoon feed you but I'd rather you look it up and get redpilled by yourself.

Where do I look it up nigga?

>I understand that "tax the rich!!" "raise the minimum wage!!" is all retarded, but why is the middle class dying? Why have profits risen so much, and the rich gotten so rich, and prices gone up so much, but the poor have gotten poorer, and wages have stagnated?

>What's going on, and what can we do?

Capitalism globalised, lowest payed workforce wich is even more productive gets the investments, China and the tiger states surrounding it.

The middle class the US had in the 1960's and the 1970's is something you'll never see again.
Half of the world was controlled by the state (communism) and the other half was destroyed, fighting a war or under a dictatorship sponsored by the US.

Immigration.
Immigration increases aggregate demand, which increases prices.
It also causes wage declines.

Go read Michael Hudson's essay "Finance Is Not The Economy."

Statist bullshit like IP rights, taxes and beaurocracy killing competition, government favors, government contacts, unions

Basically the government goes into retard panic mode all the time and throws money they stole from the middle class at larger corporate interests to stimulate growth instead of just letting the market to that itself

>
>Immigration.
>Immigration increases aggregate demand, which increases prices.
>It also causes wage declines.

Bullshit.

Capital flows up to the most rich in an uncontrolled market.

Monopols and cartells aggregate that even nore.

And since capitalism is globalized the best investments are not anymore in the western civs but in China and the states around it.

Jews

Women
If women just stayed at home there would be 1 house for every couple, no welfare, every guy would have a job and every guy would be a provider
Instead women had do drive down wages, destroy workplace camaraderie (a much bigger factor than you'd think). Create an even bigger welfare state, and exacerbate the housing bubble

This is actually a better answer than Jews

It's a combination of a lot of things people have mentioned, minus the whole 'rich people hoard all the money' meme brought to you by the occupy wall street morons. Additionally, any economist will tell you that if you want less of something you tax it and if you want more of something you subsidize it. The government is subsidising the lower class via the various types of welfare it gives out.

This.
What happens when you suddenly double the supply of labor?

Supply and demand is what happens.
Labor is suddenly worth half what it was before.

But hey, now at least they're so LIBERATED that they can slave away half their waking hours just like their husbands, and have nothing more than they had before to show for it.

What a great deal!

Federal regulations. Example: I'm in Truckkng. The FMCSA (federal motor carrier safety admin) makes rules that cost us money. The rule makers are put in place to make the rules by the biggest companies through the ATA (American Trucking Association). The ATA actually write the regs and just pass them along. These regs make it where small business can't afford to compete with the mega companies. It's all a fucking setup. EPA does the same shit. OSHA does the same shit. USDA does the same shit. All of these agencies can write rules, give you fines and shut you down with no legal recourse until after you are out of business. There are hundreds of federal agencies that operate this way-- many of which you probably have never heard of...

This.
I can't tell you how many times I had an idea for a small business, but there is no way it'd be profitable after factoring in all the overhead required to comply with all the bureaucracy, taxes, safety regulations, etc.

Here in Italy even if you're just two friends setting up a company you have to have a written risk assessment that you need to file to the competent office, a safety officer, participate in the mandatory national workplace accident insurance fund, and all manner of ridiculous things.

Just setting the safety aspect up ends up costing you thousands of euros in attorneys and "safety experts", even if your fucking business is painting pinecones to sell at the local Sunday market.

This shit is so retarded it's not even funny.

Big corporations love it though, because they have entire lawyer divisions anyway and they don't mind having them do this kind of paperwork if it means driving the smaller competition to extinction.

>asking pol for sources
nobody knows anything here dude

good post

this. The US economy will never be what is was in the mid 20th century unless something huge happens, despite what trump says.

Production is rated in manhours
So first step is look at how many man hours are need for a product.
Thanks to automation, this means less man hours per product.
As a consequence, fewer people are needed since production lots are fixed in size.
So less demand, reduced prices, basic economics.

Increased supply as Regs are the least issue as you build those into the final cost of the item just like any other cost.

The reality is simply people aren't much. I got a job starting in April programming FPGAs for Tech Corp.
The thing is these aren't elevator or assembly line build set and program things, they're adaptive gui bits based off the anyone can code idea and will allow a business to add in and maintain their own lines.
Essentially, big ass arduinos with a nice GUI drag and drop to set things up like its Factario.
So yeah I'm part of why 8 megamericans will be out of work in 2018. Feels good.
I estimate I will see the next president before my job is done and replaced by bots.

This is the trick, get into a job that cant be easily automated

Truckerfag above is gonna be jobless in 10 years when manually driven trucks go to the wayside and self driving rigs take over. No need to sleep, eat, fuck hookers, or anything. Just 24 hour hauling.