when will this meme end?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religions_and_spiritual_traditions
humanreligions.info/religions.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

when jesus comes back

when the radiation dies.

Sorry for the Christian oppression you face in Nipland, it's incredible you're still alive desu

>Atheism
>relevant
hahahhahahahahhazhahahahahhahahahaqhahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah

God bless.

When he decides to finally Poo in a Loo.

When will you stop English teaching?

Are you some kind of neckbeard that moved to Japan to explore his interest in Anime?

Right around when atheists stop sucking dick.Oh wait,..OP!

When your apathetic atheist havens end up getting over run by Muslims.

In Japan, it's probably be increased suicides and lower reproduction rates. I'm not sure what'll happen to English teachers like you however.

when people realize islam is doing right now what christianity did a couple centuries ago to europe

Threadly reminder that an omnipotent being, by definition, can cause you to disbelieve in His existence.

this tbqh and no I'm not a fucking neo-pagan, the religions christianity replaced were no better

>When your apathetic atheist havens end up getting over run by Muslims.
they're just another branch of abrahamic belief

christcucks are an anachronism that will be replaced by muslims

Friendly reminder that anyone thinking about the (non)existence of an omnipotent being is retarded.

>can cause you to disbelieve in His existence.
and he'd do that why?

Reposting this from the other thread because I'm genuinely interested: make an argument for believing in god that doesn't rely on the societal benefits of religion, or attacks atheism as though it necessitates any belief other than "there is no god." You literally can't.

I don't want Dawkins to burn God. Please help him. Give him a sign. Show him that memes ARE real. Let him know that not all there is exists on a billiard table of cause and effect.

Why does he reject the very thing he's seen so clearly?

1. God , is a necessary precondition for knowledge (logical reasoning, morality).
2. People know things (have logical, and moral intuitions).
3. Therefore, God exists.

alright i'll post this in this thread too because i've never gotten a serious reply

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religions_and_spiritual_traditions
humanreligions.info/religions.html

here's 2 lists of every religion currently being practiced

notice how they're massive

as a general rule if you pick the wrong one you're punished

objectively speaking, how could you know which one to pick, and then which sub-branch of that belief system to pick? it's like a 1/10000 chance of getting the right thing.

so why even bother? and doesn't the sheer number of religions dillute the credibility of all of them?

>2016
>Caring if someone is religious or athirst
This isn't the 1600s, we should be worrying about niggers and spics and not this pointless minutiae.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

>>Athirst
Lmao whoops

Everything needs a cause and a reason for why it is. If you think hard enough about it a supreme being is kind of necessary. Gods probably just an uncaring asshole.

God , is a necessary precondition for knowledge (logical reasoning, morality)

Proof?

>is a necessary precondition for knowledge (logical reasoning, morality).
liar

>People know things (have logical, and moral intuitions).
>Therefore, God exists.

you're trolling

To have any logical reasoning, it must come from God. All knowledge starts with God.

>All knowledge starts with God.
proof?

You cannot use this as the crux for your belief in god, because without any other evidence, it is just as likely that there is a god who will torment the religious eternally as there is a god who will burn atheists eternally. So, do you have any evidence that the latter god is the one that actually exists?

here's what pascal's actually proposing
it's not one or the other, there's literally thousands of religions

Richard Dawkins is king berry picker. Accomplishes nothing. Only knows how to take.

Proof?

This applies to any omnipotent being one can think of (meaning infinite), making it impossible to calculate the risk/reward.

Yes. There is an infinite amount of possible religions claiming they're the only true one and believing in ONLY them is necessary to avoid "hell" / get into "heaven".

Neither has more evidence pointing towards them than any other. Therefore believing in a religion does NOT increase your chances at avoiding "hell".

Richard Dawkins has provided good entertainment for me.
Watching religious people aka retards get destroyed in a debate warms my heart.

not liking this new thing where christfags on Sup Forums deliberately refuse to make sense when they post to avoid scrutiny and sound faux profound

Nobody cares what you believe.

>1. God , is a necessary precondition for knowledge (logical reasoning, morality).
This axiom confirms that God must be real, and it's not even supported.

You Christfags claim to be red-pilled but you continuously swallow unverified dogma like a good goy would every sunday when you attend your gatherings of indoctrinated sheeple.

You should really brush up on propositional logic there bud

As noted by Pascal himself, the criticism of the wager that there are many religions is irrelevant. It doesn't matter whether there are 2 or 20,000 discrete religions. If you believe in none then you have zero chance of receiving any reward promised by a given religion. As the great philosopher and underwear spokesperson Michael Jordan said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

>Show him that memes ARE real.
Dawkins literally coined the word meme.
The genes of culture he described it as.

When you burn in Hell after death.

>Michael Jordan said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

If the target seems to be non-existent that tends to make things harder.

doesn't help your chances much, might go with hindu or maybe scientology

So why aren't you muslim? What if you miss the 72 virgins? Pascals wager is retarded. it makes the assumption that the only viable options involve Christian god existing or not existing. It doesn't take into account the hundreds of other religions and Gods.

equal evidence for reincarnation and hell

which is none lol

>Michael Jordan said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
That was Wayne Gretzky, amerilard

Nobody is trying to convince you. You seem to be convincing yourself.

>atheists understand how evolution works
>should understand that a fast breeding violent population of humans will over take a peaceful slow one
>get wiped out despite feelings of superiority by a type B breeding strategy like wolves being over taken by bees.

The irony is that the atheist communty spent all their golden years of establishing themselves only attacking western religion for the sake of gay marriage. When other religions which they will not allow themselves to criticize, will outright behead non believers. It was the culture of those western religions that even allowed atheism to be a thing.

I aight even religious. But atheists are their own undoing.

good point.

>Implying your punny mind can understand shit
Nigga we cant even understand the universe

Christianity at least beat back Islamists and started the crusades instead of letting it cuck all of Europe now as Europeans pretend to be more enlightened.

>tfw believe in God and have an IQ of 240, 10 inch dick, and make 135k working at Wendys
Guys, did you know my dad works for Nintendo?

>Nobody is trying to convince you
convincing someone of the existence of something is sort of a prerequisite to threatening them with it lol

might as well tell me you're going to beat me with your air guitar

Op
What are your plans after high school ?
Will you finally put your foot down and tell your mother that you will not be joining her on Sunday's anymore.
that will you just laying bed and eat your chicken tendies?

>doesn't the sheer number of religions dillute the credibility of all of them?
yes. this.

I can do that too, if you give it long enough.

>11 posts by this ID
Could you tip your fedora harder, faggot?

There's an infinite amount of possible "must believe in only me" deities/religions.

Chance of avoiding hell when not believing in a religion = 0%

Chance of avoiding hell when believing in 1/infinite religions = for all practical reasons 0%

Religious people don't understand concepts like infinity i guess.

see above, you're right!

Don't you think I know that? Do you imagine I'd literally beg God to save someone I didn't like and respect?

The problem is he sees memes are a thing which can be true or false because he suffers under the materialistic delusion. And yet he himself knows memes to be immaterial.

He's making a huge and devastating mistake by assuming the immaterial world is directly analogous the physical.

It's "as above so below" thinking, and it's what literal Satanistic priests do.

>Could you tip your fedora harder, faggot?
same old tired response. hit a logistical wall have we, christfag?

not an argument

convince me hell exists and thatr your specific kind of christianity is correct one
also point it out on the list for me

Bes time

When the Indian population as a whole reduces their poo concentration in the water from shitty to zero.

It's funny, Richard Dawkins invented the word meme precisely to describe religion and its spread among the population. Religion is literally a meme.

>Could you tip your fedora harder
Dead atheist meme atheist use to use against each other before you cucks took it sersourly because of the left

CHRISTCUNTS BTFO

I love hearing people bang on about immaterial like they have seen/felt/known it.

I love talking to people who claim to know what happens after death.

Fucking music to my ears.

Watch yourself. I don't want you to break your neck with all that tipping.

Wasn't meant to be, heretic.

I think the only real chance at an after life is that the world is a simulation. And the computer nerd realized he'd made a bazillion minds that were being snuffed out every second the sim ran.

So he wrote a "heaven program"

That being said you'll still die in heaven because eventually his mom will unplug the pc to vacuum.

No God and heaven are memes. Religion is a memeplex or memeome.

This.

I find it hysterical that most of the greatest scientists in history were either men of faith or at least very philosophical (ie they see the intrinsic value of things that can't be measured, and are therefore "unscientific").

Modern atheists wank over hacks like Bill Nye, Black Science Man, and other frauds who are nothing more than showmen and have done very little to no genuine research in their lives.

>Religious people don't understand concepts like infinity i guess.
this is the crux of their misunderstanding of the universe. when you cannot comprehend the vastness of space, the infinite, then you, and your world, seem much bigger and more important.

>cuck
>Christian
Look at voting patterns and tell me which group is cucked. Hint. It starts with an "a."

You should thank Christians for building and saving this country.

>heretic.
lol you think you're a crusader

Not an argument.

>You should thank Christians for building and saving this country.
Hint the one who made you vote. It starts with a "k"

great point, really.

But that doesn't respond to my suggestion. Who's to say that your god is more likely than a god who punishes all non-atheists?

>There's an infinite amount of possible "must believe in only me" deities/religions.

There are a finite amount of discrete religions within human civilization.

Again, you all are missing the point. When the risk/reward involves the comparison of finite and infinite concepts you have no basis for comparing them based on probabilities. You are better off picking a belief system than none at all, whether you chose correctly or not, as the opportunity cost is infinite.

Gretzky stole the saying from Jordan, probably because he was black. WE WUZ SPACE JAM

> argumentum ad hominem
>not an argument

"Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a logical fallacy in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the ...

inb4 ad lapidem

>You are better off picking a belief system than none at all
so which one do you pick and why?

Kikes?
>implying they didn't donate overwhelmingly to Hillary
C'mon. You're better than that.

Thanks. You made some good points yourself.

>When the risk/reward involves the comparison of finite and infinite concepts you have no basis for comparing them based on probabilities. You are better off picking a belief system than none at all, whether you chose correctly or not, as the opportunity cost is infinite.
Quick question - wouldn't an omnipotent god KNOW that you are just picking his religion to hedge your bets? i'm pretty sure the god of abraham would not be satisfied with this.

>Kikes?
>Implying it was Kikes
>C'mon. You're better than that.
It was Kek, you dumbass

>be atheist
>accept subjective morality
>deny subjective experience
>claim euphoria

Google joke in the dictionary there, big guy. You might learn a thing or two.

Kek isn't real. Also, you must be new here, but you aren't supposed to capitalize the first word in greentexting. It'll help you look like less of a faggot next time.

According to your logic, atheists's rise in the West doesn't make sense since religious people have always been the one with the more chldren. Yet, there are many atheists.

>be theist
>claim to know what happens after death
>claim to know the ultimate enlightening purpose of it all
>shitpost on Sup Forums

>be user
>stereotype all kinds of belief
>when le letfy choses to support le athey
>claim to know everything about every atheist
>in reality, in basement making steroypes out of people
>claim to be moral
>wants to kill non-believers
>when told "Your just like ISIS!"
>deny and blame it on the (((Jews)))
>cuck own nation due to being a peaceful relgion now the days
>radicals start to form and gather on a board known as Sup Forums
>be user
>ask why i claim to be against one side
>when you should look at all sides

>Also, you must be new here, but you aren't supposed to capitalize the first word in greentexting. It'll help you look like less of a faggot next time.
>New here
Been here for years that's just how I go, faggot. Keep on saying Kek isn't real when he made so Trump would win

Monotheism is the idea that there is a universal underlying truth expressed through things like math and logic, not just local spirits expressed through actions. We all have a monotheistic worldview, it's what preceded science and materialism.

There will be only one timeline that ultimately unfolds and that timeline has already been decided by the the underlying order of the universe or God or the Logos. Christianity claims that Christ is the incarnation of the Logos. That following Christ is God's will and the true way forward for humans.

Whatever ideas will survive and conquer the stars are the ones the laws of the universe dictated would survive. I have faith that through Christianity the ideas that formed my mind will survive through the ages just like they already did to form me.

>t. 19 year old

lrn2metaphor

>be athiest
>go to Hell
I hope you like gays and degenerates because you'll be spending a lot of time with them.

>been here for years
You must be a slow learner. Sorry, I hadn't realized.

That meme has proven itself to be quite sentient. Have you not seen the modern day miracles of KEK and his young son Pepe?

>>>go to Hell
>>>>>still believes in magical BDSM land

I'm sure gods LOVE when people only pretend to believe in them in order to trick them into giving up a reward.

This thread is gay and you're a buncha fags.