Bill gates is helping to fund a 1 billion cause against climate change. What have you done Sup Forums...

Bill gates is helping to fund a 1 billion cause against climate change. What have you done Sup Forums? Denying climate change from your PC bought with your parents' money?

qz.com/859860/bill-gates-is-leading-a-new-1-billion-fund-focused-on-combatting-climate-change-through-innovation/

waste of money unless china gets its shit together

>private sector fighting climate change and not my tax dollars
I have no problem with this

1. I don't deny it.
2. Worked to buy it myself

huehuehuehue

He also funded zika. What of it?

>well if we cant fully fix it, lets just exacerbate it as much as possible.
good plan.

The money will be used to bribe government officials to pass laws that promote economic collapse.

This

I do not trust this man. he looks like a thinner michael moore

Whats the point if its true we're fucked, if we do what al gore says maybe we get 10 extra years left, boo hoo. Its pointless.

Anthropogenic climate change is real. Corporations just want retarded policies to 'fight' it so they can benefit from it even when their precious fossil fuels are kicked aside. I.e, they want government gibs in renewable meme projects that somehow always need more funding to actually produce a product.

We can and should respond, just not with fucking corporate welfare.

>Whats the point
>10 extra years left,
yeah, thats a hard one.

china is slowly coming around on climate change
I'd be more worried about developing countries in Africa & the middle east

if he's spending his money on funding for alternative energy: good for him, he has a belief and puts his money where his mouth is

if he's spending his money on propaganda to convince me of some wacky doomsday theory: fuck that guy

He's a CIA spook baby. Nothing good can ever come from Gates anymore, although I did enjoy DOS and XP.

Saudi and Qatar are the worst offenders imo

this. climate change, carbon taxes, it's all a way of saying that you should be feeling guilty for having a 1st world lifestyle when the other 7 billion humans live in shit holes with nothing.

if you live on a street with 7 other houses, some with holes in the roofs, some with no food, some with no toilet, some with a mixture of problems... what is the best way to help them? maintaining a helping hand over your picket fence? or removing your front door so you can join them in their state of disarray?

>people volunteering their money for a futile fight

I have no problem with it.

Carbon taxes are all about paying your way for farting up the air we breathe. You think that should be free? You pay sewerage taxes don't you? Yet you're no different to the curry nigger shitting in the street yelling "don't tread on my turd!"

If people took climate change seriously, they'd be investing in getting basements built with home hydroponic systems, water storage and filtration, and other ways to store supplies for droughts/freezes. Not for the immediate time, but creating infrastructure for the future.

Humans have no demonstrated impact on climate change either way.