If I'm young is there no reason not to try to git gud at video gaymes?

If I'm young is there no reason not to try to git gud at video gaymes?

>practice during free time
>will it to existence
>retire at 20

Tell me why Dota 2 (largest prize pools and four yearly tournaments) isn't the choice for an Ubermensch.

>b-but there's no chance

If you can try hard enough then what else is stopping you? How is this not the most stable way to achieve a lifetime of financial independence while putting forward the least possible effort?

Other urls found in this thread:

esportsearnings.com/players
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lol, he thinks its easy.

Prove trying is hard

Burden is on you, not me. Youll lose. Time is money. BTFO

if it really was this easy to be a professional vidya player then there would be thousands of them and numerous leagues around the world

also, enjoy your 16 hours a day of training and taking amphetamines

Ok as someone who was 7k mmr you're not going to get anywhere. Why? Because instead of practicing you are making this retarded thread. I entered into the last division tournament with a couple of friends and we got creamed after only a few matches in. It honestly killed my whole desire to play pro. Unless you are content practing 18 hours a day getting better or playing small tourneys that no one cares about quit while you're ahead and get a real job nigger.

isn't dota just like league of legends? why not just play that?

I think you're underestimating how quick and/or ADHD you have to be to be a decent pro gamer. Starcraft is the perfect example but even Dota requires you to click and react really quickly.

And even if you have the brain for it, you still need to practice for 50+ hours a week.

This. It WILL become as tedious as a job. Except, unlike real sports, you don't get paid unless you make it to the top.

Good luck competing with Korean teenagers. You'll never stand a chance.

Seriously, go to a trade school or study STEM if you don't know what to do with your life.

In league you can easily earn $100,000 a year while being on a shit second division team, and if you are in the US there is no competition as long as you just support. Just don't play mid.

But you are probably an NA player which means you will get fucked by koreans or EU players.

>How is this not the most stable way to achieve a lifetime of financial independence while putting forward the least possible effort?

I was a semi-pro quake player back in the day, this shit burned me so hard that i no longer play FPS at all.

I'm talking about training for 6-10 hours a day and more on weekends, not playing for fun, not having a blast with your friends, just mechanical training, that unlike sports with physical activity all you feel after a training season is a headache sore wrists and that burning sensation in your eyes.

My advice if you love vidya is to do any thing else than becoming a pro gamer.

millions of kids want to do this
stupid

>"I'm too lazy and retarded to get a real education and job"
>"Playing video games competitively is easy, I totally have the discipline to do it"
Please do it and waste another two years of your life not accomplishing anything, OP.

you have to be naturally expert at these games. you can teach someone to be good, you can't teach them how to be a pro. my claims to fame were winning a warcraft 3 1v1 and 3v3 tournament, i probably played 20 hrs a week. i was still nowhere near being allowed to breathe in the same room as Grubby, which is the level you have to be at to make any amount of money

I play rocket league 8 hours a day practicing for ranked play, still insanely hard and taxing. Wouldn't recommend unless you play a lot of vidya anyway.

The video game bubble bursts
Playing for money becomes not economically viable
you're back in the work market

What valuable skills you spent years on will come with you?

Unless you're such a personality you can get picked up by a radio show or TV station, have fun working in a factory.

Yeah, the pros who make any money are play 12+ hours per day.

You are wasting your time trying to convince yourself this game isn't luck based.

>soccer is luck based
found the prospect I

Even if it doesn't, you may just not be good enough. I never reached the skill level i needed to go pro despite training as much as any pro did.

>Rocket League
>Luck based

Do you even play the game nigga?

there is a reason Americans don't have nearly as many pro players are euros. Because if you were to spend the same amount of time studying as you do trying to become pro, you can get a 4.0 and a degree in stem, and make more money over a lifetime than any pro player ever will.

this

it doesn't make sense to invest your time into playing videogames to earn money in 99% of cases.
That is not to say that there are no great job opportunities in E-sports, because there are.
I have worked in the event management sector of E-sports for a while now and they pay is very decent for being relatively inexperienced before I started to work for ESL.

Honestly I'd rather make one big cashcow then live comfortably off of it for the rest of my life as opposed to working until I'm old and beaten

Are you Korean of any kind? No? Fuck off you'll get crushed.

You may as well play the lottery then.

>dota 2 """pro players"""
>difficult to beat

all they do is understand the game perfectly and predict your actions

if you learn to do the same you'll realise how easy it is to become "pro". its quite funny actually

just don't rely on it to become a big career of any sorts unless you find 4 other amazing players

t. someone who won smaller tournaments for quick cash

Unless you are finding it easy to be on TOP vs 98% of everyone you face, then its not worth the effort to push to enter this final 2%.

Winning small time tournaments is attainable. But going all the way will require you to approach it as a job- full time.

I found minor success over a decade ago as a quake 3 tournament player in my teens. I won small tournaments. but when I would go up against the guys who did it as a job- I would lose to them 51 to -2. And the thing about it? Those guys would lose to the #1 guy 45 to -1.

The good news is those moba games you faggots play are a million times easier than quake.

Lol, that effort would be better invested in education/marketable skill. Winning a video game competition won't amount to much in a resume nor would the skills be transferable to a real job that doesn't involve playing video games.

esportsearnings.com/players
you can't win much in league. so the pros stay poor.

Kek. Quake taught me back in the mid-90s that Asians are video game wizards and the rest of us will always pale in comparison.

What's really fucked up is when you realize there are people out there who have been playing Doom multiplayer since it came out.

There are people out there with borderline supernatural skills in games that will never matter.