Sup Forums refuses to consume the ultimate redpill : Nihilism

Sup Forums refuses to consume the ultimate redpill : Nihilism

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

also known as dumb virgin young adult syndrome

Sounds like a nuword nu/pol/ learnt from nutube

Let me guess, your favorite book is Atlas Shrugged.

I'd recommend "toilettes for dummies" for you

Nihilism fails because it denies the existence of meaning.

>Sounds like a nuword

ok retard

fpbp

/thread

It wouldn't matter if they did, so quit making excuses and go poo in the loo.

Nihilism is redpilled but there are two different Nihilists.

The depressed cucked betas like Nietzsche who cry about how meaningless life is and the alpha nihilists who accept the meaningless of life but have fun and chaos through the ride

I'm 26 and have been through multiple phases including christianity. In the end though, nothing matters. At 18 I was a nihilist to be edgy, today I'm a nihilist because I can't believe in anything.

OP refuses to read the sticky. This is special pleading. The board is "politically incorrect", not "final redpill city".

This

So?

meaning is relative
If it exists, how can you measure it?

I wonder who is behind this post.

Nothing matters, nor could it. Any possible "goal", divine or otherwise, is ultimately petty.

That said you can create your own meaning and create a life that feels worthy, which is pretty okay.

Meaning obviously exists, so nihilism fails. But other systems also fail by claiming some eternal meaning that is fixed for all time. The first path to enlightenment is to recognize that meaning is *nebulous*. Meaning exists, but not eternally--only temporarily.

>babby's first existential crisis
if you can't get out of nihilism by 19 you're basically retarded

You posted in the wrong neighbourhood poo
is this way
practice where to poo properly first
before you start posting here

It can be harder than that, be nice. Many people fall into a nihilistic STEM depression and never get out.

>Meaning obviously exists
Can you definitely explain that to a field mouse, carpenter bee, a dung beetle, or even a Buddhist?
How can you be sure it obviously exists if it is only coherent with beings exactly like you with similar conditioning?

Nihilism itself is pointless. If one truly believes that then the moment they come to said realization they have to kts otherwise they wouldn't be a true nihilist.

Christianity itself is pointless. If one truly believes that then the moment they come to said realization they have to sacrifice their life for the greater good otherwise they wouldn't be a true christian.

Nihilism isn't real.

A key component of meaning is purpose. Even animals like the ones you describe exhibit purpose--they will seek out food, maybe change their behavior towards you if you stop feeding them etc.

>Even animals like the ones you describe exhibit purpose
To die?
So your argument is that nihilism must be a false because everything is meant to die?

I'm saying that denying all purposes and meaning is motivated only by stubbornness. I don't believe that anyone actually holds hardcore nihilism, although they do try and argue for it publicly. It's a stupid fallback position for you. But meaning is all around us. Hardcore nihilism might be logically consistent, but it requires defiance of all sense and evidence.

Attributing your own personal experience to something as its end all be all meaning is stubborn arrogance from someone with a messiah complex.

>But meaning is all around us.
Like how jesus has been seen in clouds, trees, pancakes, and toast?

> Hardcore nihilism might be logically consistent, but it requires defiance of all sense and evidence.
How much of the interpretation of meaning in that sentence would change if your tried to speak it aloud with my dick in your mouth?

If we can't agree on metaphysics then perhaps the only thing we can agree on is the need to continue to try and find the answer to these questions. Because humanity is tied to earth, it is totally at risk of being obliterated by asteroids and other extreme risks. Thus in order to provide the time necessary to continue pursuing these questions, humanity should aggressively pursue sustainable space colonization and asteroid defense. Survival is a precondition to seeking truth, and our survival is statistically in peril. Eh?

>your measurements are inaccurate therefor they don't exist
Viper,jpg

Because nihilism is bluepilled as fuck. You literally can't to the conclusion public school wanted you to come to. Nihilism is the end result of unfulfilled narcissism. Your life is pointless, and you overvalue your importance, thus all life is pointless. Actually read Nietzsche, he's a self absorbed fucking emo faggot. Had he been born in the 1990's, he would have sucked twink dick on purpose and dyed all the hair he didn't shave off blue. He was just an irl r/atheism shitpost.

The actual redpill is when you have gone so far down the rabbit hole that you come to realize that atheism is pushed for the purpose of spreading moral relativism. Then you study history. Then you see that every negative that (((they))) introduce to society leads to moral relativism. Then you say "the enemy of my (((enemy))) is my friend". Then you are that the most hostile group towards Jews was always Christians. Then you say wtf, I thought Christians sucked Jew dick? Then you realize that it's the protestants who do. Then you realize that protestantism leads to (((moral relativism))). Sola Scriptura heresy led to "well your interpretation is just as good as mine, let's agree to start own churches". Then you realize that the Catholics must have it right. Then you study Church history. Then you realize that papism is a heresy. Then you realize the Orthodox had it right all along. Then you freak out for a few weeks. Then you slowly begin to accept it. All of it. Then you realize what the ultimate redpill is.

The ultimate redpill is that the Eucharist is legitimately the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ.

Mock it all you want to. That's just the tingle that lets you know your statist indoctrination is still working. Keep seeking truth and you will find that Jesus Christ is the Truth.

LMAO 2 TRUE DUDE!!!

HAHA WHY SO SERIOUS?! NOTHING MATTERS IM JUST A POOR BOY LOL

>inaccurate
What are your inaccurate measurements?
I was making the accusation that there are no measurements or metrics for meaning at all.

Nihilism is inherently self-contradictory because it seeks to impart meaning to meaningless

Yeah, turn away all your desires or don't, we all end up rotting away anyway. I'd rather not waste the (roughly) century of life I've been "given", there are several millenias-worth of non-existence to look forward to if the question of your existence tortures you that much

They're onto us!

Nice projection

>If we can't agree on metaphysics then perhaps the only thing we can agree on is the need to continue to try and find the answer to these questions.
You can can answer them in whatever equally arbitrary way you want, I am not saying there are no answers to your questions, I am saying there are too many and they all lead to the same place.

>obliterated
There are way more pressing concerns that can lead to the obliteration of individuals.

>Survival is a precondition to seeking truth
No, semantics is.

Faggot.

i dont think you are even aware what the word means

Nihilism commonly misunderstood as meaninglessness. It is in fact an argument that their exist no ultimate goals for existence. Nothing justifies existence. However, the meaning of existence itself can only be defined by something which can experience the defining of something. This creates a logical loop that must exist, but simultaneously cannot exist ergo existence has no definition, or meaning.

However, this means that living beings - which experience the defining of things - can define existence, despite being able to coherently examine it. Becasue reason is simply a construct of life, you shouldn't be asking what the meaning of existence is, but does meaning even exist?
>get gaslight

What other risks do you think are more pressing than asteroids? Climate change? AI? Pandemic? I am worried about those too. Whatever you think about meaning it does seem like the continuation of consciousness is a pragmatic middle-ground that everyone can agree on working towards. What could be more important than ensuring the long-run survival of humanity?

Atheist here, if you want to be Nihilist accept that there is no god you fairy tale believing fucks

Literally the only reason people are still religious is because it gives them the illusion of purpose

>What other risks do you think are more pressing than asteroids?
cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

>continuation of consciousness
Let it be free, quit trapping inside of such limited people.

>What could be more important than ensuring the long-run survival of humanity?
What about more diversified attempts at consciousness, why force human problems onto otherwise peaceful dead space?

This is sad because if smart people like you can't even get on board with placing a high priority on existential risk reduction, humanity really is fucked.

>existential risk reduction
What do you mean?
You can't reduce the risk of dying, its a certainty.

Existential risk refers to things that could wipe out all humanity

Every human will be wiped out, most due to their lifestyle choices, so we should ban lifestyle now.

Every human that is born will die, so the best way to prevent more humans from dying to prevent humans from being born.

never trust anyone telling you to give up. they're scared of you and view you as the enemy

wow im eating lasagne

Lots of different forms of Nihilism, which are you referring to?
Nietzschean is the only true end that can be conclusively and absolutely reached because it draws largely on the assumption and acceptance of a subjective human experience

>space colonization
What makes you think humanity would be better off in dead space on dead planets far from their ideal conditions than buried deep in the earth on in ocean bottom megastructures?

One can devote their life to christianity and still spread the word of Jesus, because it's important to them.
A nihilist doesnt find anything in life worth the trouble, so why even bother trying to spread the message, if they really believed life is meaningless they would just end their suffering

>Destroy the only thing you have

How is suicide the answer to a meaningless world? Is this bait?

All forms of Nihilism can be justified but subjective human experience if anything weakens the case.

POO

remember Sup Forums

>we're the middle children of the history no purpose or place we have no great war no great depression our great war is a spiritual war our great depression is our lives

>One can devote their life to christianity and still spread the word of Jesus, because it's important to them.
Why can't a nihilist find something important to them without ascribing it any larger meaning?
Why can't they delight in destroying what other people find meaning in or endure suffering without it meaning anything greater than what it it and the ultimate futility of it and if it is meaningless, why go to the extra effort to kys?

>spread the word of Jesus
The word says to sacrifice yourself for the hive, so unless you are doing that, you are a hypocrite, not an actual Christian.

>Nihilism
>Red pill

That's the point.
We learned that day one in anarchy club.

Some of us have finished puberty

> Nietzsche
> Nihilist
American education strikes again!