The only music that you should listen is classical music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RajAq0Yd-s4
youtube.com/watch?v=EJbYVQXRnPc
anabolicmen.com/music-lowers-male-testosterone-levels/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ij41OvG0AUE
labspaces.net/109941/Exposure_to_Heavy_Metal_Music_increases_Testosterone_in_Developing_Foetuses
youtube.com/watch?v=D63fPZ3nm3k
youtu.be/_hMw1C6fPt8?t=1908
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8AuECXCTU0
youtube.com/watch?v=7W3fMASDrNs
youtube.com/watch?v=FIaOyur3Qcw
youtube.com/watch?v=DyzpYmszYZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=OUx6ZY60uiI
youtube.com/watch?v=E2LM3ZlcDnk
youtube.com/watch?v=SE-X42zfLPg
youtube.com/watch?v=nSqQ-B1EmpU
youtube.com/watch?v=YH6xT6rmSD4
youtube.com/watch?v=d29GGnHg9OM
youtube.com/watch?v=XBTW1E7MFuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9_1cZUquz14
youtube.com/watch?v=SRYDaz7cOYU
youtu.be/wMWY4nKs6L8
youtube.com/watch?v=-oY-LCxueAA
youtube.com/watch?v=pPvfq5H8PgQ&spfreload=5
youtube.com/watch?v=MRt_i6-o-Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=An4uDegHB8s
youtube.com/watch?v=qEa5C3P_GIY
youtube.com/watch?v=CMU-gz876Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=ECRFwxki2bg
youtube.com/watch?v=m8fVUfLyafo
youtube.com/watch?v=9_V0KE_8c4U
youtube.com/watch?v=zGPVqsvhqnA
youtube.com/watch?v=QcZtMTbRaas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll bite Suomi, what's your favourite classical and for God's sake don't mention anything starting with a B or M.

V is semi cheating too.

>biting good threads

You know that is truth.
Jean-Philippe Rameau

Vivaldi is absolutely shit tier.
Verdi is too obscure for normies.

This is not a good thread and a good theorist does not necessarily make a good musician.

The Sup Forums answer is, in fact, Wagner or Dvorak in a pinch.

This is a favorite of mine
youtube.com/watch?v=RajAq0Yd-s4

> Vivaldi shit
I unironially like him
> Verdi obscure
Only to millenials

>Vivaldi is absolutely shit tier.
lol

Anyway another one that you should listen
youtube.com/watch?v=EJbYVQXRnPc

haha no, i'll stick to cool music like linkin park and rage against the machine, it's lit yo check it out

>my sound vibrations are better than your sound vibrations

>no Chopin or tchaikovsky

Music decreases testosterone
Just saying
anabolicmen.com/music-lowers-male-testosterone-levels/

Chopin bores me after a while. I mean, it's all masterful composition and moving music, but it's not an enjoyable listen over and over.

>Rock, heavy metal, pop
>Not degenerate noise

explain yourself Sven Al-Abdul

Did you SEE metalheads? Not the numale evanescence kind, I mean the nordic blackers.

Leave, Sup Forums.

A musicians answer would be palestrina or ockeghem for renaissance music. Monteverdi is Sup Forumss lol obscure answer.

You unironically have bad taste.

>no girly piano music
Chopin is nice though, but he only really does one thing well. His fugue was horrible.

Don't get me started about Tchaikovsky's past times!

Classical music in general is better designed, so yes. Deal with it. Cry it a corner Sven.

> generalizing entire genres as shit
Metal had its moments. Some artists are amasing musicians, composing truly great pieces. Some vocalists are worthy of classic opera vocalists. The genre devolved over the past two decades, but then again, so did music in general. Flip to Mezzo sometime and listen to what's considered Classical nowadays.

I agree as long as we consider Love Live classical music

Your only supposed to listen to it once jüden, then you commit sudoku, and become cursed to shitpost on this board as a ghost for all eternity

>truly great pieces.
lol
>Some vocalists are worthy of classic opera vocalists
so as many prostitutes and drug addicts.

Degenerate
Fuck off, Vivaldi is a fun listen. I can't spend entire days just listening to the complex, deep stuff. Sometimes I want to relax, not actively listen.

Sauce on the busty chick

>tfw unironically listen to anime music all dfay

>the only music that you should listen to is classical music

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ij41OvG0AUE

> lol
Not an argument. A guitar and distortion is not less worthy than a piano. It's the music that decides.

Dvorak's 9th symphony always makes me hard. Same with debussy's nuages

back to Sup Forums

>Vivladi is shit meme.
>Verdi obscure.

????

>A guitar and distortion is not less worthy than a piano.
and you even dare to ask me for arguments.

For some reason i prefer 18th-19th classical composers such as camille saint-saens, gabriel faure, erik satie. Theres something distinctive in classical music during that time period that i like

You're telling my you don't wake up every morning with 1812 overture?

Jazz is great too.

>inb4 hurr durr nigger music

Also Prokofiev is a GOAT

>Monteverdi is Sup Forumss lol obscure answer.
Lol are you a fucking retard? Monteverdi was the largest transitional figure from Renaissance into Baroque.

>His fugue was horrible.
>everything has to be a fugue to be good
Lmao @ bachtists

>Wagner
>wanting to listen to sopranos warble in and out of tune at triple forte for three hours
Shiggy diggy

A man can make great music on a bunch of empty beer cans and a clothes string, if the talent is there.

Dvorak is shit and you know it. Listen to Mahler and free yourself from shit taste.

>le whites invented classical
>doesn't know european whites stole the concept of the fiddle from the African Goje

face it Sup Forums white people have no culture LOL

Classical music is generally for boring tryhards, I'll stick to listening to Seinfeld Remixes

Yes, been a metalhead myself for more than 10 years
And most scandinavian groups aren't manlier than the average
Their style helps them look that way and they look pretty rad, but that's generally it

This is a different thing though
labspaces.net/109941/Exposure_to_Heavy_Metal_Music_increases_Testosterone_in_Developing_Foetuses

The best composers are (in no order):
Tchaikovsky
Wagner
Mozart (don't be a pleb)
Shostakovich
Mahler
Ravel
Debussy
And, you might disagree with me, but Prokofiev

>mahler
Given the choice I'd rather listen to Beethoven, faggot.
Dvorak is a genius and made the only bit of classical music that you could call american, and he wasn't even american.

>Listen to Mahler and free yourself from shit taste
Dvorak had more talent in his left hand than Mahluh had in his entire body

Almost fell for the bait, GJ leaf.

>Tchaikovsky
The most degenerate of them all. Your post should be banned to be honest but the rest of the list is not bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=D63fPZ3nm3k

is this classical ?

what if I listen to contemporary minimalism?

youtu.be/_hMw1C6fPt8?t=1908

Schuman is my favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=Z8AuECXCTU0

My favorite composer is Arthur Sullivan.

>leaf

not an argument

Absolute horseshit. Glass isn't even the best minimalist

"""no"""

>brazil calling anyone degenerate
At least you gave us Villa-Lobos

True.

It kinda is nowadays

Debussy makes you a degenerate, I bet you even like jazz, candy ass.

Ravel has some cool pieces, but Satie is a pedo.

The fact you have horrendous taste perhaps?

No, seriously, Faure is so boring and Satie is deliberately boring. Get lost kid.

What a peculiar idea for hellish torture.

Bach wrote the music that caused people to call everything related to it "classical music." That's why you can't say you like Bach, because if you didn't I'd know you're a casual.

Renaissance music was pretty dull and you'll notice Ockeghem predates Monterverdi despite having allusions to a baroque style in his music. If the people weren't ready for it...

Ockeghem is an oddity for musicians. If you look at the score it's very similar to a Bach chorale.

Monteverdi is when Sup Forums decides it's baroque rather than renaissance.

>Mahler
LOL

I think you mean Techno
youtube.com/watch?v=7W3fMASDrNs

I like reich better anyway, but was just wondering if contemporary western art music fit into ops thoughts at all

>"music" with instruments
>not just listening to exclusively Gregorian chant

>not listening to the sounds born of the great American wild west

Carmen Fantasy has been a fav of mine. Gil is a very smooth operator.

youtube.com/watch?v=FIaOyur3Qcw

I love baroque shit. Fucking tremolos, it's like they wrote pieces and then added tr everywhere. Seriously though, I really like tremolos.

This

God-tier

>not knowing Beethoven's violin concerto 3rd movement
>not shedding manly tears at the beauty of it
>being such a cuck

Prep the bull

>I hate everything that isnt edgy
Your music tastes like vegemite

dvorak was utterly incapable of reaching any degree of catharsis, the only thing that makes romantic period music worth listening to
pretty melodies with no stress and payoff induce sleep in civilized listeners

You seem like you're basing your taste in composers solely on Sup Forums memes. There is nothing wrong with jazz. Jazz has harmonic exploration and rhythmic exploration that wasn't seen in western art music until very recently.

Debussy is probably one of the biggest innovators of harmony. Extended dominants without dominant function became prevalent. Quartal harmony began becoming popular (despite Scriabin having done it way before). And he incorporated elements of ethnic cultures in his music that gave him a style similar to nobody else.

Chants are pretty cool desu. I really enjoy the German Minnesang of the Middle Ages though.
youtube.com/watch?v=DyzpYmszYZ4

This.

No you faggots real music is stuff like ABBA and the Bee Gees

>There is nothing wrong with jazz
Your entire post is irrelevant because of this comment. Your future opinions should be discarded as well.

The only music that I do listen to is classical music. Fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=OUx6ZY60uiI

youtube.com/watch?v=E2LM3ZlcDnk

>Tchaikovsky
>Shostakovich
Those slavs are so overrated. I've tried a few symphonies of theirs and as soon as I start enjoying it they triple the volume with some surprise percussion and brass.

Defend yourself my shitbin friend.

Any Scriabin fans here?

youtube.com/watch?v=SE-X42zfLPg

youtube.com/watch?v=nSqQ-B1EmpU

One of my absolute favourites. Only Roslavets was able to further explore his crazy view on Harmony

>I was having a good time with those chicks but then they went and got all naked and stuff

Classical music = contrast

>that sheet music

>what is development

youtube.com/watch?v=YH6xT6rmSD4

Futurism/Mysticism is crazy stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=d29GGnHg9OM

youtube.com/watch?v=XBTW1E7MFuQ

youtube.com/watch?v=9_1cZUquz14

youtube.com/watch?v=SRYDaz7cOYU

~real men music

jesus christ what a madman

>Black metal
>redpilled

Why so many people fall for this shit nordic genre?

what about classic japanese music :^)

youtu.be/wMWY4nKs6L8

youtube.com/watch?v=-oY-LCxueAA

Too many Japs bought into the serialism meme. There are a few decent ones though

Above and beyond acoustic part 2 is so relaxing its set to a mghz that is calming .

Because it is really redpilled.
> nordic
Your country along with Mexico, Canada and USA are originators of this genre, not norwegians.
Go listen to some satanic skinheads like VON or Blasphemy or Goatpenis or Morbosidad.

Because it appeals to a primal need to scream like hell, jump around like an animal and talk about ritual sacrifice and burning the world.

Also, why do so many russians like Rammstein? they literally suck dicks and stage anal sex on shows

>Goatpenis
How am I supposed to take this seriously.

youtube.com/watch?v=pPvfq5H8PgQ&spfreload=5

Dont know lol, i'm not into mainstream pop music too much. I guess people just like that guy roaring something german.
Names like this are coming from south american interpretation of metal, where the main thing is making fun, not all this "trve grim nvrdikk" shit.

Black metal is degenerate though. Every kind of rock music is degenerate to be honest.

I have a college degree in music from a respectable university. OP is definitely a faggot, but not completely wrong. Ask me anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=MRt_i6-o-Gw

What are you studying and where?

already graduated. not saying where, too many spergs on Sup Forums. performance.

>every kind of rock is degenerate

brazil please. I can teach you.

youtube.com/watch?v=An4uDegHB8s

What about Trance?

youtube.com/watch?v=qEa5C3P_GIY

Shit thread.

Bach was the greatest and nobody has ever come close to touching him and I don't think anybody ever will

Shoo bogbilly

Quite a few of my favs are from Bruch
youtube.com/watch?v=CMU-gz876Sk

A couple other recent favourites
youtube.com/watch?v=ECRFwxki2bg

youtube.com/watch?v=m8fVUfLyafo

youtube.com/watch?v=9_V0KE_8c4U

Love the oboe in this

youtube.com/watch?v=zGPVqsvhqnA

And this is the only recording of the duet I can find

youtube.com/watch?v=QcZtMTbRaas

there's a reason it's called trance.

because it doesn't require any thought.

If you don't think about anything when you're listening to music, that's more of a personal problem.

I haven't listened to that much classical music in total, but whenever I try to enjoy it, I always get the same disappointing impression:
The melodies, while relatively more complex than in mainstream music, are pretty simple. The melodies tend to be repeated multiple times in a "in-your-face" kind of way, which gets boring really fast. This depends on the composer, some don't do this, but those who don't are more guilty of the following.

Aside from the main melodies, classical music tends to have unexpected notes, not really forming a pattern, which I can only describe as "floundering". Doesn't sound bad but not enjoyable either.

I love the sounds of piano and violin, but almost never when they're present in classical music. Maybe because it's recorded live rather than in a studio with expensive tools or created digitally, resulting in a different sound "theme" that sounds bland to me.

Maybe one day I'll find something good but it's unlikely.

Okay bait, 6.4/10
You can do better, leaf.