Life after death

Sup Forums is there a life after death? What I've found:
1. All we witness, all we see are all electronic impulses in our brain. Therefore "the soul" must be a made up term and can't be true.
2. The death of Jesus Christ and his resurrection actually happened and is a historic event. Therefore the "soul" and salvation through death must be real.

Nevertheless we don't know if we, as humans, can actually witness "things" after death. The problem is that per definition without consciousness it is not possible to witness anything.

>thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=cVBCE3gaNxc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8mPFqvxkOTg
youtube.com/watch?v=qs26qv6C-38
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_correlation_theory
youtube.com/watch?v=G2xXu8_2Exo
youtu.be/t_RwcGzGurc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is no such thing as hell

>life after death
It's called death for a reason you moron. I don;t see you going around asking if there's death before birth.
This is a christian thread Pajeet. Go fuck a cow.

>I don;t see you going around asking if there's death before birth.
You shouldn't insult Pajeet as his religion is all about it. No death, just the transition of incarnations.

So yes, I have already though about what the state before birth is. Either the soul is given by God before the birth or God has gifted us the chance to develop the soul through life by ourselves. But then life that's ended too soon has fucked up. Which somehow makes the later thesis unfair.

I view death as the end of consciousness. If you look at the sum of our parts, there is very little that separates us from the rest of the matter in the universe. Why is it that you are conscious, but a rock is not? Life as we know it, is a state of being wherein "we" have been granted a brief period of self-awareness that will eventually end, no matter what we do, or how hard we struggle against it. When we die, we are returned to God's embrace, that is, we resume being in the same state that we were in before we were born, an unconscious heap of matter that has returned to nature.

The remaining question is: if consciousness is returned, are we able to actually "witness" God and the proclaimed "life after death" by Jesus.

Because the statement you put describes somehow the world view of the Jews. Be kind but in the end you are returned to nothing. And nothing is after death.

(You)
Why I am still not satisfied: if you are unconscious, you are still able to dream. But if you are dead your brain can't dream any more.

Your view is totally OK, it's just not enough for me. This shit is poking me for years now.

>Why I am still not satisfied: if you are unconscious, you are still able to dream
You're not really unconscious in the way a rock is though. All the pieces that give you self-awareness are still in place.

God is two things;
1. That which makes up the very base of your morality
and
2. The name we give to the overarching processes of nature that we abide by

Your duty in life is to find something that makes life worth living. If this is really bothering you, wait till you can go on holiday and get ahold of some shrooms, maybe you'll feel more fulfilled then.

>You're not really unconscious in the way a rock is though. All the pieces that give you self-awareness are still in place.

That's what I meant by "witness" God without a human consciousness.

I know that we only break down God into a person to make it simpler. But as God is only the surroundings and the laws around us, how exactly can it be called "life after death" if life is at least the ability to "witness" something. Or how can one of God's children actually appear to people even though he's dead?

Is there?
Likely not.

Let's go around and see the possibilities though:
>Hell
Eternal punishment
>Heaven
"Pure" bliss, no pain, no differences, no hate, no jealousy, just you, God, and Love. E.g. lobotomized and drugged- are "you" still going to be "alive"/existent?
>Reincarnation
Wiped slate, start over, repeat. Are "you" still going to be "alive/existent?"
>Nihil
Same thing as pre-birth

>GITS transhumanism
problematic the same way the Borg is problematic, or Braniac is- everything will be assimilated to one central unit, every bit of data shared equally, no individuation, no ego- in essense, what is the difference between the singularity of consciousness and the sum of objects in space?

>Also this.
youtube.com/watch?v=8mPFqvxkOTg

>Also, most likely still subject to the death of the universe

This is going to sound like a cop-out answer, but here are some ways I "deal" with it.
>Letting go of almost all attachment except for simple pleasures, being close to the Earth/nature/ cycle of life and death
>Thinking back to or imagining a pain so great that nihil would be preferable
>Thinking back to or incurring a sleepless tire to the point where my mind thinks "if I don't wake up, that is fine, I just need sleep".

If you speak to combat veterans and EMTs, some would probably be able to share their experience in the last item there.

t. Spinoza

tfw naturally born shaman
tfw can see into the other side
tfw can see into the depths of souls
tfw watching plebs discuss afterlife

That's why we tend to stick to the term afterlife instead. An afterlife does not imply "life after death", but makes the assertion that things will continue on past your death.

Heaven and Hell are but personal states of being that you experience while still living.
Heaven is sitting down and playing vidya with your best friend and having a great time.
Hell is when you come home to find your wife cheating on you with your best friend.
They are not places you go to before you die.

>mfw Jew

Your country is living proof that there is

If you accept that we are just the intersection of higher qualia dimensions with the 4-d time/space plane, than it's quite possible that after death we continue to experience the same qualia that make up our conciousness, just disconnected from the physical plane.

My current thought is that maybe death itself doesn't exist in the way we think of it, and that our life is just a phase in a continually evolving (kind of misleading since time doesn't really exist outside our perception of it) qualia pattern progression (I know this sounds Schizo as fuck, but please be open minded).

so how do u ascend in this life time?

>Because the statement you put describes somehow the world view of the Jews. Be kind but in the end you are returned to nothing.

>jews world view
>be kind

This is death. Don't you remember?

youtube.com/watch?v=qs26qv6C-38

Whatever comes after death cant be called life, as death is by definition the end of life. But there is no reason to think your consciousness dies as well. And since quantum physics have declared materialism as false, this reality is basically a simulation or virtual reality. And that means there is a "computer" and a "player" in a different reality frame as this one. This means you have a non-physical part. And just as a character in a virtual reality isn't constructing the player, you can never construct this non-physical part.

Accept my wisdom.

Existence is infinite. Even after our universe dies, SOMETHING will exist. If existence is infinite, then every concievable possibility will eventually occur. Roll the dice long enough, and you'll get a 6 at some point. So, an infinitely sided "dice" and infinite "rolls" (which can be defined as a single instance - "second" - of reality) will eventually happen. This leads me to postulate that my consciousness will once again manifest in something perceptive, as it has already and will forevermore.

However, one predetermined thing must be explained.

>there is no creator. The universe sustains and created itself, and is self-perpetuating. If this is untrue, the creator must be completely uncaring about our existence.

A God that mainstream religion describes cannot exist in this theory.

You cannot prove me wrong.

Heaven and hell is the same place, through your own actions in life you define your place in afterlife.

When time ends, it is restarted and everyone in afterlife is given a chance to return to earth again, depending on your past life's actions you are either given a choice where and when you want to be reborn, or, if your soul was corrupted the last time you were on earth, you are a reborn a nigger in africa.

>seriously implying our consciousness will be confined only to Earth forever

Nice. Meme.

I kind of doubt anything other than earth exists. For all we know, only one mind exists and space is just a projection.

Kind of fits with the lack of evidence for ET despite space being nearly infinite.

We don't have evidence for ET because we can't even fucking pause online video games

I dont know OP i think its all about beeing good or bad.if you're a good person you come to heaven if you're a bad you will see the devil

I will become a beam of light and travel the stars when I die. I know this because I am the #1 man from the center. Don't come this way. We beat the Hunter at the Center of the thing many ages ago. We beat the bomb at the center again in modern times. I am Adam Baum. We split the Atom.

Really though, it's one of the strangest aspects of human existance. In this vast universe, we don't see a single shred of evidence for ET. No dyson spheres, no em signals, nothing. You'd think that after a million year head start even a civilization billions of light years away would be noticeable.

Reality is all in your head, and ET isn't a part of that projection.

The river was the first tree and the first life form. I am Mr. Tree. These are the Ent Times.

The Y-Chromosome is from the center. It is a Tree. I'm Mr. Tree. I'm the bomb.

Ever heard of Adam Tree and the Snake? I win again. I'm the winner from the center.

David beat Goliath at the center of it all. Forge Fatherlands at the centers of the things as a forge against woman and lesser and as a base of imagination. These are the Scrolls of the Ancients of the Nibiru Patriarchal Parochilism.

You beat sabaoth?

Good or bad is so subjective that you might as well try to define where exactly blue becomes purple and purple becomes red. I severely doubt that whatever formed the huge, ever expanding universe worries about whether we murder or cheat or lie or steal. If animals do it, it must surely be natural. The reason we have "good or bad" is so that those in society can cover their own skin.

>I don't want to be raped, so rape must be wrong! If we make it illegal then surely no one will try it.

This has gone on in society for so long that we actually BELIEVE these things are wrong. I'm not advocating rape or anything. In fact it'd be easier for everyone if we get along, but I don't believe we have an intrinsic measure of right or wrong.

I don't think you understand the concept of faith. Also if there is a God who are we to question something that transcends everything with logic based on our minuscule human experience?

I want to build a Great Pyramid under the Nibiru Sky and use shafts to direct my beam of light to Orion's Belt like the ancients did in the Age of Leo. I am also a Leo. I'm the bomb.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_correlation_theory

We're a tennis ball in an ocean. The chance that we'll meet another tennis ball? Infinitisemal. To say because we don't see it, so it doesn't exist, is a poor argument. I agree reality isn't all that it seems, but in the wide universe there cannot be only a few billion sentient life forms.

Probably

Sounds to me like kabbalah has wrecked your mind.

The primitive hunter is a trophy on my face. The modern nuclear bomb is a trophy on my name. I am Adam Baum. The Tree of Life is a Tree of Trophies. THese are the Ent Times.

God cannot exist as the Bible, or any religion, describes him.

If we consider God to be omnibenevolent and omnipotent, and yet there's the existence of "evil", it means one of two things:

>God loves us unconditionally but does not have the power to stop evil;

>God has the power to stop evil but does not love us wholly enough to want to stop it, letting us suffer.

So, we're left with this: either God doesn't exist as Holy Books depict him, which can't be true since we say they're the true word of God, or that God simply doesn't exist. We are left with the LOGICAL conclusion that God cannot exist. Faith has no efdect on this. It's simply an impulse in your brain.

Pretty safe to say that there's no afterlife.

>Heaven is sitting down and playing vidya with your best friend and having a great time.

There is no future for the white race

Just because you live in Mordor doesn't mean things don't get worse for you if you don't repent to Jesus and stop worshipping devils and beasts of the earth.

Why do you think Abram left that dump in the first place?

Sorry Varg, there's better analogies that could have been made, but what did you expect in an autistic thread?

Or perhaps, just perhaps, our duality is what is required to manifest reality.

Have you ever considered that what you consider "good" is only even a concept to you because of the lack of perceived goodness in the world?

Ask yourself this, is there such thing as darkness? Or is there only light and the lack thereof.

The Epicurian argument is weak, son.

>Hurr durr god doesn't banish evil therefore there is no god

If there was no evil then there would be no free will, and thus no point in even being alive. If you choose to give into temptation then thats on you.

Sorry but God's a little more difficult to figure out than you and your shit arguments.

>Mommy and daddy know all the answers to my 2nd grade spelling test
>Mommy and daddy dont take the test for me
>I failed the test
>Therefore mommy and daddy dont exist

Sure, that sounds pretty Aristotlean. Light only exists because darkness etc. What I wonder is why good/evil is so necessary to be relevant in how we act. Perhaps we can't apply the same ideas to something that isn't tangible, and is subjective light IS light. Dark IS dark. Good always varies depending on who you ask - we can never do anything better than approximate where good ends and evil begins, which leads me to believe that since it can't be clearly defined, we cannot say that it surely exists as light and darkness do.

You'll only know the truth when you die
Everyone has their own opinion regarding afterlife.

youtube.com/watch?v=G2xXu8_2Exo
just ask the ayy lmao

death is a human construct, just look in link

Free will can only exist as a tool to resist evil? That doesn't sound very convincing. Free will lets us appreciate art, create our own, love certain types of music and dislike others, to enjoy certain types of food. Free will isn't just "I choose not to lie." It can't just be that.

>You'll only know the truth when you die

You'll know jack shit is what you know when you're dead.
The electrical and chemical signals in the hardwiring of the brains that mekes up "you" dissapear, before the whole thing rots away.

There's no magical databank that takes a backup before it happens.

My guess is that 'afterlife' won't be invented for another like 50-100 years, where you might be able to somehow upload your mind to some hardware of sorts

It depends. The answer is linked to another big question: is it possible to actually revive a dead person after a serious amount of time (e.g. one day or more). If yes, what exactly does he know?

There are two possibilities:
1. He now knows the afterlife
2. He knows not more than at the moment of his death.

I personally believe the later as the stories of near death experience do not satisfy me. They could actually be made up by the sub-consciousness through the images of the afterlife made during life.

See
youtu.be/t_RwcGzGurc

Take DMT in the mix and things can get even weirder. But your body cannot construct your consciousness

Life is for the living, death is for the dead.

Stop wasting time thinking about it, you will know what death is soon enough.

When you're sad and when you're lonely and you haven't got a friend just remember that death is not the end