Tfw EE major in undergraduate

>tfw EE major in undergraduate
>tfw get a job at a hedge fund making $165k before even graduating

Electrical Engineering is GOAT major. Prove me wrong. Also complete lack of feminazis.

Thanks to the Bologna reform, it's become an unbearable piece of shit in Germany.

Germany will soon lose its supply of new engineers.

And all because the Bongers decided that America's system would be a step up for themselves, so everyone in the EU has to do it.

The Brits are responsible for everything that fucked up the EU.

Just googled the Bologna reform. It sounds like one of the most globalist agreements I've ever heard.

fucking Anglo's man

It's certainly up there, but discussing which undergrad is the best is for brainlets.

Started this semester Bachelor EE and it's ok.

>complete lack of feminazis
Complete lack of any females you mean.

>The Brits are responsible for everything that fucked up the EU.

Overpaid piece of shit/10

Well done

They transformed university from a place of learning into daycare. You have no more choice, but the universities give even less fucks about you than they used to.
It used to be that you'd get an official acknowledgement for every module that you finished. This means that, if you ever dropped out, you could take your progress and write it on your resume if relevant.
It was also chilled as fuck. No one cared if it took you ten semesters, you were able to plan exactly how and what you wanted to learn because you were an adult.
Now you are slavishly bound to credits, which only last a few years and have to be regained afterwards, and you are only allowed to collect a certain amount per semester. Oh and you have modules that exist purely to fill the credit quota and aren't actually useful. And then you have those WONDERFUL opportunities of getting fucked over by full courses and shit, because you HAVE to get thirty credits per semester and are thus completely and utterly fucked if, for example, too many want to have the same lecture and the website lags out before you can get a place.
And, what is even better is that Germany has a program to give you a loan for studying. You get money once per month, of which you have to pay back half after you are finished.
The fun thing? If you ever don't get thirty credits in a semester, you instantly lose access.

>Started this semester Bachelor EE and it's ok.
Don't worry, you will soon see the light.
What university are you at? Technische Universitäten may not apply, as they are the last bastions of good in the world of German universities.

They also pushed TTIP and all of its siblings.

The main problem with the position is

1) If I tell people I work for a hedge fund, they immediately assume I'm some sort of money hungry, pension fund crashing jew.

2) People have no idea what I do and don't know what company I work for.

You're welcome Hans. Remove Merkel so you can unfuck yourselves then. Better yet exile her to Syria so she can learn what her country would be like in a few years.

>Remove Merkel
Just wait half a year, senpai.
Elections are almost there.

You shouldn't care about what people think about your brand new job opportunity. Just take it man.

Trying to make sense of university was the most frustrating depressing thing I've ever done. You're helpless. Thrown into this machine system that controls your life, and you have no control over it. It's all credits credits credits credits. Never adding up to anything real.

Your entire life rests on those few hours when you're picking those courses on the random enrollment day you're given. Praying you didn't get a late date, meaning all the spots are already taken. No planning is possible. It's all a crapshoot.

It's called TU but they have all kinds of stuff, not only technical.

HOW IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT HOW THAT PERSON IS HOLDING THE SOLDERING IRON

We will see if Germany Wakes up.

It's a meme. Literally everyone has seen that picture before.

I've seen this pic posted at least a couple of times and this is always discussed so I guess it's a bit old.

Isn't working for the finance what repilled weev ? I think he mentioned it when someone asked him about his stance on the JQ.

>EE undergrad
>job at a hedge fund

Quant firms hiring EEs like crazy. I'll be doing C++ programming and assembly. All low level stuff.

>software engineer
>got a decent paying engineering job with a year of study left
>civil and mech friends are all struggling to find work placement
>I honestly think I'm one of the worst programmers in my cohort

>C++ programming and assembly. All low level stuff.
Why would they hire an EE to do either of those....

I was at the TU Dortmund.
It was fucking ace, even with the Bologna bullshit. They actually knew their stuff.

Then I went to university Bremen. Worst choice ever made. It was an SJW nigger-university. The EE courses had special programs for the women and no one gave a fuck about making a coherent curriculum.
The basic electronics lessons, which should be in the first semester, were in the third semester. After two semester of dry lectures that you cannot relate to because you have no electronics experience.

The best thing is when they start the course with "here's how credits work". Which is complete and utter fucking bullshit.
I got ten credits for learning proper programming in a semester, with a lot of pressure.
I also got ten credits for vegging out in a lecture where you never had to pay attention.

Why would Quant firms hire progammers?

Assembly is a pretty important part of EE. They do microcontrollers and shit.

Because CS majors literally know nothing about how computers actually work. They spend all day writing these weird ass programs in functional languages.

For the trade execution platform.

>mfw Dortmund as well
I was thinking of transferring for my master's in München or KIT, although that's a long way from now. Have heard that they're pretty good.

Low level stuffs are useful in PLC programming for example.

So you get paided peanuts while the actual quants make the real cash

>Germany will soon lose its supply of new engineers
LOL i study engineerin in Braunschweig and we get flooded with 18y old every year, im more afraid that it will be quite the opposite.
to many engineers

Pathetic.

Hi kman

Dropout rate is above 70%.

they also hire fpga programmers. whoda thunk

lol this faggot visits r9k

There's an /uni/ general, that's why.

I am a K man but I am not the OP K man. If you go to a school that claims to be "it", I may be the K man you know.

that p impressive dude. what hopes would a math major have landing something similar u reckon, not nec. programming.

If it's real math (not some fake financial math or business) same chance. You'll probably need a PhD though.

hm thought as much. thanks

Im in cs and one of my classes next semester is assembly only, specifically for this reason.

do you live in la or new york? in mississippi the ee graduates make like 45k right out of school. 60k tops

But she just said the burka shouldn't be worn everywhere, she'll get reelected like last time. Fake going towards the center

Anglo's man?

How do STEM majors get jobs in finance? What job roles do they search for?

>image
I chuckled audibly

Why not study finance or economics from the start? All the useless crap you've now learned.

Also since when do hedge funds hire unexpierenced people? I always thought they mostly recruit analysts from IB.

Finance and economics are meme-tier in the quant world.

Just stay TU. You will regret doing anything that isn't a TU.
ESPECIALLY if it's one of those "we don't take military money" universities.

Man, I fucking loved the Dortmund campus. It's as large as the village that I grew up in.

I meant quality engineers.
Yes, we are getting more and more of them.

But the quality is dwindling.

I already heard that employers are sick and tired of people fresh out of university because they lack most useful skills.

why is there man hands and a feminine ring? why is the soldering iron photoshopped in?

Someone has to do the background stuff I guess.

Yeah, those are the people in the front office making 2x what you make. Most quant workers are STEM but the real money is elsewhere.

>complain about EU
>get called pro-EU by potatonigger
How's that independence going?

Banking money ridiculous. Keep in mind though that most people have to work 60-80 hour weeks, sometimes more, and all you do is work. The 45-60k jobs you mentioned are probably 40 hour weeks so just double the amount of hours and you have OPs salary. It's like working 2 normal jobs.
Same for lawyers and investment bankers; you're basically a slave for 2-3 years until you move up and become a partner or whatever. Somewhere in your 30s or 40s you'll reach a point where you don't do any real work and only coordinate, do business meetings & dinners and relation stuff. Pretty relaxing for 200k+ salary.

What do you mean by GOAT?

Forgot to mention that I'm not sure if quant workers like OP have the possibility to move up into those higher positions.

Oh, and what field of EE OP? High or low current?

(Currently going to second year)

High or low current? Not sure what you mean. Is high current power electronics and low current is transistors and shit? Low current then.

You get separated in two main fields (our university anyway)

High current - power and distribution systems, work with large scale mechanics and stuff. Like substations and such

Low current- smaller systems like robotics and computers, circuitry for most part

Over here there is enough space for courses lol. Still a lot of them are useless. Netherlands have 3 year scientific degrees 4 year practical degrees. On average students in 3 year degrees take longer to finish ( 4 year ones are a joke ).

Usually every 3 year study had certain courses that are happy to fail over half and are very difficult. However uni deliberately makes them difficult.

Most frustrating thing is that from the 180 credits maybe 60 are useful ( studying Information systems atm ).

Low current sounds cooler but I think for quant banking jobs it doesn't matter. You need to prove your smart, willing to work a lot and be able to dress well and not walk into there like a smelling autist. The main obstacle will be the interview because they pay more attention to your character than for a normal engineering job.

What are the job opportunities for EE in our country? In what kind of fields can I enter? I've been thinking about EE, CS or maybe business stuff. EE seems to be better than CS because the job market is a bit overfilled and most EE can program anyway.

>What are the job opportunities for EE in our country? In what kind of fields can I enter? I've been thinking about EE, CS or maybe business stuff. EE seems to be better than CS because the job market is a bit overfilled and most EE can program anyway.
Can't say a lot on that.
Dropped out after four years of university, in three different Studiengänge.
Now am getting an Ausbildung, because fuck universities.

You always hear good things, but that depends on where you live and what else makes you special.

The companies are tired of people who studied but have no practical experience. It's basically twenty-five-year old teenagers that you still have to invest training time in.

Fachkräftemangel is a lie. It just means that there's less than 3 to 7 people per open position on the job market.

In some areas, it's almost impossible to get a job. If you can, try to live somewhere where the supply of EEs is actually low.

Try to add something to your resume that makes you different from the two-hundred other "I got my Bachelor's, now treat me like a king" applicants.

The thing about choice of fields is that Germany is all about qualifications on paper. I can already program decently well, but I still have to get the Ausbildung just to be officially qualified to work as a programmer. I actually managed to get hold of a final exam of an Ausbildung and it's laughably easy. I could already answer almost all questions correctly.

You shouldn't have trouble getting a job as a programmer, but they might tell you to fuck off because you are overqualified.
A web developer will be less likely to employ you than some company that needs a nitty gritty type of programmer.

Thanks man, really useful advice. I'm currently learning mandarine (already speak japanese) to make myself a bit special for future job offers. I don't want to be one of those guys you described who do nothing but the nessecary school work and except to land great starting jobs. What did you study in those four years? And would you say you need a master in EE or do people enter the job market with a bachelors?

I dropped out too a week ago. Shitty town, shitty university and a shitty major. Will probably try something new next semester but I was thinking about a Ausbildung too. Are you doing Fachinformatiker?

> 1 EC stands for 25-30 hours
> 6 EC course that takes you like 50 hours total
> 6 EC course that takes you 300 hours total that you likely have to do twice maybe thrice till you pass

>What did you study in those four years? And would you say you need a master in EE or do people enter the job market with a bachelors?
I did EE twice and tried something easier at a Fachhochschule. I started growing mold inside of my brain during my time at the Fachhochschule. I did appreciate that there was a much stronger sense of community there, with both students and teachers.
EE, in contrast, was a bunch of people that you knew but didn't care about. But at least you felt like you learned something, in Dortmund. In Bremen, it was the same shit but so hypothetical (I wouldn't even call it theoretical) that you stopped giving a fuck.

I was told that you can get a job with a Bachelor, but should stay for the Master.
If you do a Bachelor, you basically learn Master things at your first employer. This means that you are bound to that employer, as you lack the generalized knowledge that would allow you to work somewhere else with minimal training.
With a Master, you have more choice and thus more capability to get a higher wage, even if you stay at a company.

>Are you doing Fachinformatiker?
Yes. I just had an interview where the owner of the company seemed really enthusiastic about me, due to my studying experience. He was probably happy to finally have someone who isn't a pimpled teenager as an Azubi.
I'm pretty sure that I'll be taken, but it's not guaranteed yet.

It's pretty easy to do an Ausbildung, because every fucking retard in this nation is trying to study. The companies are scrambling to get more Azubis. If you live in a city, you will have a lot of access to possible employers.
In rural areas, there's less employers but also less people trying to do Ausbildung. And they have a massive need of Systemintegration, especially, because of all of the companies that produce meat and shit.
Systemintegration has a lower wage than Anwendungsentwicklung, but it has you move around more and think more spatially.

Necessary schoolwork is enough if you did a harder degree. Besides that you won't have an opportunity most of the time as student to work a job related to your degree's sector.

>The Brits are responsible for everything that fucked up the EU.
Germany, stop hating on your well-educated sister. If you had read a book on morality and standards then you wouldn't be a depressed war-mongering viking piece of shit who took a filthy mongolian austriac as your fuhrer.

as an analyst? congratulations, it's a competitive field. now i hope you have a plan for the future when you burn out after 5 years from long hours and stress from being pushed around by rich kids with degrees in communications who earn 3 times what you do.

Thats what im studying. Probably gonna move to the US too since your wage is way higher than here on average

Anyone tried the open university? I'm tempted to start a course as I never went to uni, and feel I should try and get some more education for a better job.

What were the three gänge you dropped out of?
Was it that haord?

My three Studiengänge were so unique that people could identify me from an anonymous post if I told you.

Anyway, none of it was too hard. EE has a heavy math focus, but if you are motivated, aren't forced to miss lectures and have a group to learn with, you'll have no trouble.

right before biggest economic crash in history

also over the next decade new electrical inventions will again reshape the world
think actual hover cars and nearly free energy sources
The jobs of the future will once again be in production

Applied physics is better
Prove me wrong faggot

so what field of work you suggest?

suicide

That's an optimistic estimate regarding energy and tech.
I'd say it will at least take 40 years realistically.
The market will crash tho sooner or later.
If it was Clinton in office, it would have been 2017. Trump is wild card still, but will probably postpone it somewhat by sheer market optimism.

So what's your major pal? A large portion of EE and CS classes are the same and really they can practically do each others jobs no problem.
My professor has a phd in both EE and CS. He started with CS and went back for EE and said it literally didn't matter because not a single employer had a preference on which, just as long as it was one of them.

>BA in history
>get graduate job after 3 months of searching
>£30k starting
>At a tech company so now part of stem despite being a humanities fag
>same starting salary or better than STEM friends
>most of my history grad class are unemployed or in non-grad positions

Feels good that being a non autist Sup Forums user has given me strong PC knowledge.

Is there anyone else on this board with real good feel stories that arent

>maths phd 300k starting
>ee degree now hedge fund worker b4 grad

Banking is basically just sitting in a tornado of money

>EE major here
>Been working in the field for 3 years now
>OP is lying through his fucking teeth unless he works at Daddie's company
>starting salaries don't even break 100k, 80k would be pretty standard with 0 experience and only the piece of paper.

Yeah, I haven't finished my studies in Vehicle engineering and I have $400k in turnover while only one person in the company.
I'm going to the company to Poland for the taxes and start selling in USA.

Also only reason you got the job is because you understand tech well.
I know a guy who made vegan ice cream and got a job at Google in San Fran.

I went fo power engineering instead since the work force is en masse getting ready to retire and make about $80k a year after graduation. A lot of higher up positions are set to open up soon so will grab one and be set for life.

>tfw when you graduated in EE with applied math minor back in May at a state university
>3.5 gpa
>still making minimum wage

Proof Given

>so this must be why men get calloused fingers

farming in the near term.
When the economy starts tanking the credit system will seize up as will the just in time delivery services and there goes your food