Christian

>Christian
>doesnt try to get themselves killed non-suicidally to get to heaven faster
>doesnt celebrate death of loved ones

Almost like none of you really believe your own bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_kill
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's almost like duty exists. It's almost like there is the fear of the Lord. It's almost like you don't even understand it.

>Killing yourself off so you can't practice virtue or save others
>Literally WANTING to be a plebian in paradise

To your second point, thats a mixed-bag. To lose a body is a sad thing, but the sheer despair really hints that none of my fellow-believers really believe in the resurrection of the dead. Most of them don't even know about it. Their hope is 'heaven', a place of which they know little and desire less.

Duty is shit and you're shit and most of the brethren are shit.

>doesn't celebrate the death of loved ones

not all loved ones are believers

it's true, they don't.

as a small child I used to offend people asking why they don't jump into the ocean to get to heaven

>fear

why? is it like how spiders are scary to some autistic people even though they've never been bitten?

I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth. John 17 nkjv

Wow its almost like we have scripture?

>Doesn't try to get themselves killed non-suicidally
You always die non-suicidally if you just live your life you fucking retard, whether you get murdered, disease kills you or you just die of old age.

Go tip your fedora somewhere else, or prep the bull for your sister

Stop patronizing him when he makes a good point. Most Christians do not honestly believe in paradise. They know nothing about it, have no interest in it, and fear death like any other mortal.

Saying "See, we have Scriptures, and they give us reasons for your argument" means nothing if the overwhelming majority of professing Christians act as he says, not for your elegant reasons, but by their own blindness!

He draws attention to a real issue. The doctrine of the resurrection of the dead is itself dead in the Church.

What's up with all the mongoloid fedoras asking so many childlike theological questions lately?

This isn't the old testament anymore, the Lord forgives. Sounds like you're just making excuses.

>16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

What is that supposed to mean.?
Everyone is made of the world even jesus was half human clay.

We are not solely our bodies

You do realize that if you commit suicide, you're going to hell, correct?

It means they don't act as the majority of people in this era of history acts, they act in another way, more common to the Age to Come.

>Almost 2017
>Still unironically following a degenerate offshoot of Judaism
Shiggy diggy, christfags. There is no god but Kek, and Pepe is His prophet.

Jesus was the product of a woman who stuck to her story for wayyyyyy too long

>I SWEAR JOSEPH IT WAS THE BIRD

>>doesnt try to get themselves killed non-suicidally to get to heaven faster

Thou shall not kill , its like you dont even know the 10 commandments

>suicide is a sin
>you're still going to be sad you won't see them anymore

Citation needed. The Lord forgives sin.

3 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.[a] 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but[b] have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

could go around trying to help people in dangerous situations

1 Corinthians 15:26
>The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

>The Torah and Hebrew Bible made clear distinctions between the shedding of innocent blood versus killing as the due consequence of a crime. A number of sins were considered to be worthy of the death penalty including murder,[15] incest,[16] bearing false witness on a capital charge,[17] adultery,[18] idolatry,[19] having sexual relations with a member of the same sex, etc.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_kill

So why don't you go follow your bible and fix the whore problem?

>Dont read Bible
>Bash christians
I think most atheists are literaly proxy-christians.

Exodus 20:13. You're not absolved of sin if you ask for forgiveness and then do the exact thing you just asked forgiveness for.

How about killing people before they're able to sin?

Just go into the newborn department of a hopsital and do the lords work. You'll get them all before any of them turns atheist or worse.

In fact: This way you avoid hell yourself, considering how you're quite likely saving others from eternal torment.

According to most Christian sects sin doesn't matter so long as you've been saved. Only catholics care about forgiving each and every sin as you go.

Yes but if the intend is to kill your self its still killing your self ... Oh lets see , can i cross the road with my eyes closed , you are either stupid or suicidal or both , god knows the truth you cant fool him

If that were the case then the 10 commandments would be pointless.

Exodus 20:10.

Almost like they are. The bible says it's a sin to eat shellfish are you going to get bent about that too.

You just don't understand. The word sheol is used to describe the Christian after life. It isn't "hell" it means grave. You can never go to Heaven as that is God's Domain. Nobody can. God only promises to bring us back for the Golden City on Earth.

>So why don't you go follow your bible and fix the whore problem?

Because he who is without sin cast the first stone

If you kill your self you die with your sin

Leviticus is written towards Jews you fucking daft cuck.

this is why abortion is magical

i bet you donate to MAGA trannies on twitter too

Original sin

>You can never go to Heaven as that is God's Domain

There is a good chance that we use heaven as a ark , then god creates everything new ,then we live on the new earth.

No, you're just committing murder under an illusion that you're sending them straight to heaven. You are don't know if they will sin or not, of course it's in our nature to sin but you are depriving them of their life and the opportunity to be good.

Kill it with fire

But they would die from something that's not their fault.

Consider a baby run over by a truck. It doesn't go to hell
Why?
Because it would pretty fucked up to belive that and you wouldn't feel comfortable beliving in an all caring God that did that.

>depriving them of their life and the opportunity to be good.
And those whom could turn out bad to be bad.
Besides, don't they all go on to live in afterlife forever in eternal happieness?

>This way you avoid hell yourself, considering how you're quite likely saving others from eternal torment.

Yes the lord had a plan for these children he has for us all and you stopped this plan, i think he would be pissed off .

The Christians believe in an all caring God that sent the angel of death to kill every first born in egypt

>Yes the lord had a plan for these children he has for us all and you stopped this plan, i think he would be pissed off .

But if he's still in control of the place, he could have stopped it. So it's likely that the plan was to let it happen.
I mean fuck: Doesn't he know everything? He would have known pretty definatly that shit would go down if some lunatic with a bomb-vest walks into a market in Kabul or whatthefucknot. And he have the power to stop it.

What is free will ? God has the power to stop anything but if he does where does it end ?

Almost every atheist I've known is a former Christian. Usually there is an event in thier life where someone they trusted didn't live up to the standard they set in thier mind. Molested by a youth pastor, parents divorce etc.
most "atheism" is an anti Christian screech.

Most Atheists today are doing it out of rebellion towards their parents because they made them go to church on Sunday instead of letting them sleep in and play vidya.

Actuallynthat baby would go to pugatory if it had not been baptized

Christians who believe that obviously haven't read the Bible. Yes, God is merciful, but piss him off and you'll certainly feel his wrath.

That's why I don't get ruffled by the edge. The atheists I've met that are truly academic are not shitty for the sake of shittiness. All the edgy ones are just angry methodists.

Lucky you. Most atheists I've come in contact with are self-loathing and wait for any opportunity to attack others of faith. I truly pity them.

God is good but he has to do evil sometimes for the greater good,

He could have limited it to something that resembles heaven.
I would assume that your interpretations of heavens include that we are still people of free will there.

So why not make it the same here?

Is that normal in murrica?

Growing up here, none of the kids at school was forced to church on sundays.
In fact, only knew one kid who lived in a christian family and I'm pretty sure he just went to church like 20 or less times a year.

>mfw I read that Botswana is 20% irreligious
>mfw I come to Sup Forums and see all these christcuck threads

Holy fuck, even in nig nog lands, atheists are no longer a statistical anomaly.

Yet here you faggots are, brought up by wealthy parents, given some of the best education the world has to offer, using the most expensive consumer technology, ALL because our ancestors favoured enlightenment and rejection of organised religion... And you retards are still more concerned with bashing bibles and thinking you're intellectually superior to jungle monkeys.

You're not.

Yeah, In most areas I'd say so.

um God would know what you were doing, either you are trying to live or trying to die.
anyways it's a lot deeper then that, just goes to show most Christian haters know shit about christianatay

Easy Yamamoto.

>and rejection of organi(S)ed religion
Go read your Talmud, South Korea.

Well golly if he already knows then I guess that means you're absolved of all guilt because everything you do is in his plan. Such mysterious ways :^)

If you kys you go out hell tho...

>....ALL because our ancestors favoured enlightenment and rejection of organised religion..
wrong wrong wrong.
the industial revolution and scintiftic revoltion was done by protestants who thought you were ment to ise your god given reason to explore how the world works, and lived modestly and reinvested their profits into the busniss instead of luxuries. The modern world wouldn't exist without Chirstians son. infact christians invented speration of powers and modern goverments.
"enlightment" was just a bunch of arisocratic wankers

That's selfish. We'd rather try to do good on earth first
That's literally exactly what a funeral is

>not understanding freewill
>not understanding knowing the future doesn't mean contolling it.
think deeper

>anyways it's a lot deeper then that, just goes to show most Christian haters know shit about christianatay

And what do christians know?
There's like a 1000 different sects of christianity, all of them equally sure that their way of thinking of it is the only correct way.
I would only assume that some sects belive that suicide are totally cool with God( if not, you can only make the sect yourself ).

In the real world we know stuff. 1+1=2 and things fall down.
Talking about the supernatural, anyones guess is really no better than the next one.

>ALL because our ancestors favoured enlightenment and rejection of organised religion

Most historically inaccurate thing I've seen on Sup Forums so far today.

Ever been to a huge funeral? They put the person in the ground, hold nice speeches about their lives, have a laugh at the funnier moments, then have a big feast and get drunk.

If that's not a celebration, I don't know what is.

Seriously, when niggers in their droves are realising how retarded the idea of religious faith is, how do you think that makes you christcucks over in burgerland look?

Of course, the instigators were protestant. Everybody was. They paved the way for secularism, which allowed actual scientific and rational progress, beyond textile factories. Practially all great scientists and people who influenced significant progression of society beyond 19th century were at least agnostic.

Don't be fooled

You think God wouldn't know what you were up to with that shit? He's like that kid from the Twilight Zone who can read minds. Besides, how does one "non-suicidally" kill themselves in an intentional fashion. It's still suicide, even if you're not directly putting a gun in your mouth.

>Practially all great scientists and people who influenced significant progression of society beyond 19th century were at least agnostic.

Reminder that universities are a christian invention and that the only reason there were widely available books in Europe was because of catholic monks dedicating their lives to copying them. Also reminder Christianity is the reason north Europe's even became literate

Argueably the most important physicist in the world was newton and he was extremely religious

>1000 different sects of christianity, all of them equally sure that their way of thinking of it is the only correct way.
most sects don't think that, stop telling lies, it just shows you have no argument
>protestant. Everybody was.
wrong again. mainline Protestants have always been a minority.

>Free will

Our brains are material. I'm pretty sure that within the next 50 or so years, we'll have it completely mapped out.
All that takes place in the brain does so through different sorts of electrical and chemical signals. Again, bound to reality.

And just like everything else material in the world, it operates on an action and reaction basis.

To belive otherwise, to belive that we have somehow detached ourselfes from the chain of events, ou must belive that there is something undetectable, with absolutely no detectable ties to the brain that is somehow able to influence it.

You have to go down to the quantum level before events like that occur. And our brains don't operate on that level.

Actual free will is a very far fetched theory.
But for all intents and purposes: The illusion is pretty god damn good.

there is no telling these people, admitting to the fact strikes hard at their ego, at their retarded hyper-individualism and idolatry of convienience

>Christian
yes
Just join a cartel
what is dia de muertos

BUILD

>our brains don't work on the quantum level
everything works on the quantum level you stupid reductionist.
btw your aurgurment says everything is fate. so when amed rapes your sister, it was impossible for it not to happen sense we are all just a math equation according to you.

>most sects don't think that, stop telling lies, it just shows you have no argument

At some point in history, most religious sects didn't belive in christianity or any other derivates of it.
Point being that any religious belief is considered more legit if more people belive it or if you're in a community where lots of people belive it.

If 99% of christians belived that people who commited suicide went to heaven, you'd most likely(99%sure) be one of them and you would have been here saying that the suicidals-go-to-hell christians are the ones who got it wrong.

'if' isn't an aurgmunt.
the god of jesus has always been here.
Were you not told from the begining, from adam, from isues, from noah, from Abraham, the word was always given

>everything works on the quantum level you stupid reductionist.
My bad.
It operates on quantum level, but our brain have no more control of that than a rock does.

>btw your aurgurment says everything is fate. so when amed rapes your sister, it was impossible for it not to happen sense we are all just a math equation according to you.
Yep.
You use the example as a negative only though. You could have used something nicer, like saying for example that it was impossible for the fireman not to save the people from a burning building.

But it's not entirely true though.
Randomness exists. So things are unpredicatble.
In the case you came up with, there's ways randomness would occur in a way that would have led to the armed people not raping my sister.
But at some point, i.e. If they've broken into the house and she is home alone and drunk, the events required to stop it from happening is diminishing.

Your culture is so damn retarded.

>try to get yourself killed
>non-suicidally

Stamp collecting or Cave diving: Which hobby is safer?

how does randomness exist in a comptely materialitic view like yours? mapping the brain is no different than mapping the rest of physics. face it, the will to power exsists, and rolling over and saying everything is predetermed is just weakness.
I know you don't really bealive that anyways