“That thing that looks like a gaming device in your hand...

>“That thing that looks like a gaming device in your hand, along with that strange stroking movement you make with your hands is by no means attractive to me, nor am I at all impressed by it. I feel a sense of revulsion for it, in fact.

>I’m sure in short time there will be an increase in people on trains making those strange masturbatory strokes. It was the same when everyone started reading manga on trains, and when it became cellphones – I’m fed up with it.”

>It may seem like I am ignoring your human rights to say this, but you can’t research any of that. Why? Because you have no way of knowing what it’s like to be on an old trireme, or having empathy with the men on board, covered in sweat as they labour at their oars.

>You go out into the world without enriching your imagination. You are merely grasping the iWhatever as a skimming tool you use to stroke yourself.

>I’m sure there are many people who want to become omnipotent by getting their hands on this iWhatever. I’ll tell you sir, there were once a bunch of people who wore radio cassette players (those bulky things) wherever they went in the sixties. They wore it like a priceless emblem.

>They’re mostly probably living off of pension funds now, but you and them are the same. You jump at the newest gadgets, and all you do is relish the pride in owning one as some consumer.

>You must not become a consumer. You must become someone that creates.”

sankakucomplex.com/2010/07/13/miyazaki-ipad-users-nothing-but-chronic-masturbators/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=52raDbtNpa4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based Miyazaki saying things how they are.

Btw that qt CG animator in the right is actually male.

Bumping for usefulness. Don't consume yourself in any case, but whatever you consume,digest and expand.

> The environment children are now in, including our animation, is all virtual. TV, games, email and mobile phones, and even manga, everything we do in other words, they’re all robbing children of power.

> Before they learn their letters, we must teach children the essentials, as we have done from the stone age.

> How to start a fire, keep it burning, put it out, the nature of water, how to climb trees, how to wind rope, use a needle and thread, use a knife. I think the state must teach the children these things before they teach them to write.

>You see, whether you can draw like this or not, being able to think up this kind of design, it depends on whether or not you can say to yourself, ‘Oh, yeah, girls like this exist in real life. If you don’t spend time watching real people, you can’t do this, because you’ve never seen it. Some people spend their lives interested only in themselves. Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know. It’s produced by humans who can’t stand looking at other humans. And that’s why the industry is full of otaku!.

A hypocrite faggot.

I have no idea why no body feels this way about his idiotic comments

>I think the state must teach the children these things before they teach them to write.
>the state

He lost me here

he's right, you know.

CGI is killing cinematography

Why won't he just kill himself already?

That's not the demon he needs to fight
Maybe focus on how his country is corrupted by Yakuza and Jew banks

Sup Forums being butthurt, what a surprise

>Yakuza
>holding that much powers nowaday

STOP WATCHING ANIME

>creative man
>attack mindless consumption
>attack consumption-as-signalling
Where is hypocrisy?

>complaining about video games when your waking existence is actually a video game
The spectators must find that shit hysterical.

>The animation displayed by Kawakami included a sequence where humanoid characters grotesquely contort themselves as they move around by using their heads as feet.

>“This is the result of teaching it to ‘move faster,’” Kawakami said. “Basically there’s nothing like sensitivity to pain, and it lacks the concept of the head being important, so it’s using the head like a foot for movement.”

>Miyazaki said he was reminded of a friend with physical disabilities, who “has a hard time even just doing a high-five.”

>“I can’t watch this and think it’s interesting,” Miyazaki said. “The people who make this are probably doing it without being considerate of things like pain. This is extremely unpleasant.”

>“If you really want to make something disturbing, then just go off and do it, that’s all there is to it, and I absolutely don’t think this is something I’d want to connect to the work we do,” Miyazaki said. “It really feels like it’s some sort of insult toward life.”

He's right it's all trash

>Sup Forums BTFO

He might be old man whining about 'dumb kids on muh lawn', but he makes plenty valid points

They have reformed their public image and cut back on violence drastically. The fact that they are a driving force of the Japanese economy is an open secret. The reason you don't hear about them anymore is because they don't create bad PR and no one is willing to report their good PR.

I love how many Sup Forumsutists getting triggered by him because of "muh futuer of animashooon hurr"

you have to go back f/a/ggot

We had the same thread yesterday lads, he is calling out goys who cant wait to consume whatever is hip and then brag about it on their social circles, he is not calling out your everyday lad who uses whatever device to listen to audio books on whatever means of transport.

>You must not become a consumer.
The more I listen to Miyazaki the moe I love him.

I'm starting to agree with this guy. I am sick of being forced to stare at a screen all day

>The documentary then cut to Miyazaki back at his drawing board as he says, “I feel like the last day of Earth is close.”

>“It’s because people are the ones losing their confidence,” Miyazaki says.

I guarantee you all this guy does is jerk off all day

cant really blame him. He worked with Takahata and a bunch of others for almost all of his adult life in Nippon animation and then in Studio Ghibli

>we are in a imulation because someone told me so.

Lol

V-varg?

YOU FUCKING MAKE ME, I DARE YOU

I can't believe weaboos don't know that France and Italy have the best animators of all time

Highly doubt that. If they are so good, why aren't there Italyboos or Franceboos? Nip cartoons are the best.

>French animators

>Franceboos
check Sup Forums

Based

>that feel when too intelligent to be weeboo.

I remember my sister bullying me for watching this show because it was a "Japanese cartoon"

Doesn't he want humanity to die out? He has really weird extremist views.

>old man doesn't like technology

Wow that's something new

my grandpa actually loved video games.

>I think the state must teach the children these things before they teach them to write.
>I think the state
>the state
dropped

Oh that's nice. My grandpa fought in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam and died a soulless husk of a man still suffering from extreme PTSD into his 90s.

Aren't anecdotes fun?

you can have both, you know?

>My grandpa fought in WWII
Christ how old are you?

So, this old fart loser is mad at things like smartwatches, cellphones, and portable gaming shit? What a fucking retard

>people who played tapes in their cassette players are doing bad economically
Lmao, the ramblings of an old creep faggot

For fucks sake just raise your kids like a functional adult you crusted slime.

my grandpa also fought in WWII, and I'm 24.
How fucking old are you?

>modern world is shit
>go to escapism so you don't kill yourself at age 25
>get harassed for it

It's Miyazaki. He's one of the biggest if not the biggest anime creator around and on top of that, he's an old as fuck Japanese guy speaking to younger ones. Realize that both of these together means a "holy shit superdupermegasempai is speaking" for Nips.

Sounds like my father's whining.
He of course have no problem we the tech from his time, only recent one's.

my grandfather was born in 1913 and I'm 25.
how does it feel to have shitty generations in your family

he's an anprim?

youtube.com/watch?v=52raDbtNpa4

The problem isn't tech in itself but how it's used, if you take humans out of the equation of art then what purpose does it serve?
Isn't art important simply because it is human?

My grandpa fought in WW2, and I'm in my early 30s. What are you, like 11? Is it Christmas Break already? Shouldn't you be playing vidya or something?

He should've spent more time on dark souls 3 and less time on masturbating ipads or whatever.

saged

Eh... He's more of an anti-nationalst and pacifist social democrat.

>You must not become a consumer. You must become someone that creates.”
>tfw taking up worldbuilding as a hobby

Art isn't important and will never be important.

Sure, it can beautify the areas we live in.
It can entertain.
It can rally maek u tink.

But it will NEVER be important.
Producing the first molecular assembler, THAT is important.
All the rest is filler in the great story of Humanity.

To me he's a nobody so whatever his title may be is irrelevant, and most of the shit he's saying is downright baseless or retarded, yes, we get that consuming too much shit on your cellphone and the like might have an unexpected consequence, this shit argument has been around since the early computing days and was used for the very same purpose.

I sincerely doubt people who listened to tapes in the 60s in their walkman are worse off than those who did not, this guy is a faggot who put makeup on a decades old shifty argument against technology

who knew he was a nazi right?

He's basically right, but he's being an arrogant prick about it.

>Art isn't important
>France
The fuck happened to you?

>Producing the first molecular assembler, THAT is important.
Why?

>Sup Forums
>SJW and Tumblr Central

Hey it's not your fault that your relatives had children at the age of 11

Yeah, he should a a softcore moderate centrist instead.

He's not completely wrong but there's still a vibe of pic related.

your words are true. i just watched "the road warrior" and even though I've seen it numerous times in the past , this time it came off as one of the best movies I've ever seen because as of late , all the movies I've watched in recent years have been recently released films and they are full of nothing but "fake" CGI . Everything in "the road warrior" is real and when if you watch it you'll appreciate the gritty car mangling violence. They don't make movies like they use to.

Because it will enables us to drink Eternity herself.
And i, for one, have not had my fill yet.

>Art isn't important
He's 100%.
It serves no purpose apart from entertaining which isn't a necessity.

>Eternity
How sad.

It's actually a very valid point and a solid criticism of our materialist, vapid, and individual centric modern society. That people identify themselves with what they can project in terms of physical wealth or style rather than culture or unseeable ideological and moral values.
It's a knock not just upon the gadget itself, but what it represents within society.
However, you must be one of those 'Mexican intellectuals' the lying media loves to promote.
Shut the fuck up.
Build wall.
MAGA.

He isn't. He uses the same technology

>Producing the first molecular assembler, THAT is important.
Welcome to grey goo territory.

Pissing people off by insulting them means you stay tiny and irrelevant.

Also, creator? He hasn't created anything anyone gave a rat's ass about in like two decades.

To be finite, that is sadness.
Nihilism can only be fought through the mastery of the profane.

I don't see why you'd fear the nanoswarm is you're people.

>sankakucomplex
This faggot is still alive?

>out of touch old man screams at cloud
get back to drawing grandpa, you're an idiot

Fuck that noise, I ride the subway everyday and there's nothing to look at, can't even see outside anyway since half the time you're underground and it's dark outside. So I browse interesting threads with my phone for the twenty minutes I'm on the train. Am I supposed to stare at people or the floor? I bet this luddite hates newspapers too

A mistake

This.

The worlds he has built are shit. Boring, nonsensical and filled with pdeophillic imagery.

I HATE CONSUMERS, CONSUME MY SHIT.

You could just choose to be bored for a while user.

>It's actually a very valid point and a solid criticism of our materialist, vapid, and individual centric modern society. That people identify themselves with what they can project in terms of physical wealth or style rather than culture or unseeable ideological and moral values.
Most people don't see gadgets as status symbols, especially not portable gaming shit. The only example I could think of are apple products.
>It's a knock not just upon the gadget itself, but what it represents within society.
There isn't any proof of walkmans degrading society in any measurable way, though.
>However, you must be one of those 'Mexican intellectuals' the lying media loves to promote.
>Shut the fuck up.
>Build wall.
>MAGA.
And here's the butthurt shitpost filling

There's the issue. You constantly pass your time with fleeting nonsense. Your mind has no need to create and wonder about what may be. It is in the void of nothing that most will find the urge to create and innovate.
Think back to when you were a child and had no technological gadgets, just your imagination and whatever you could develop from it.

>masturbatory

He's right though. It's not like it's not obvious. Social media, selfies, blogs that are basically public diaries, pictures of food you eat etc. All of them are basically ego masturbation.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to imagination, if you're on your phone all the time you're consuming someone else's world, not creating your own. That's probably not true for Sup Forums obviously, but most people aren't here. Technology teaches you to be less creative and imaginative because it replaces boredom which leads to those.

I had the same reaction you had but then I remembered my grandfather was born in 1899 (died in 1995) and I'm not that old my self so is not that crazy

Miyazaki made bad anime and has bad opinions. Drawing pictures is just as worthless as looking at pictures. Both are masturbation, if he wants to call it that.

Of course do they do Paco. Why else would retards line up to get the new iFag or the slick new Shiterola meanwhile there are models around that do 90% of what the new ones do for less than half the cost?
It's the degradation of creativity due to the constant bombardment of media and filler.
I'm off to go boxing. Enjoy being half a person.

this

>You constantly pass your time with fleeting nonsense

He types as he browses a thread on Sup Forums

>Art is worthless
And you accuse Miyazaki of having bad opinions

A good majority of users don't do that.

And Japanese are infamous for using photography and selfies long before the smartphone.

People shouldn't try to take Miyazaki too seriously. The man is senile

We had this thread yesterday.

>Technology teaches you to be less creative and imaginative

I create stuff all day when I program, fuck that guy I'll browse Sup Forums on Sup Forums and there's nothing he can do about it

It's nice to look at, but ultimately yes. If consuming media is masturbation, producing it is exhibitionism. You're just showing off and looking for attention.