They say it is the best Star Wars since A New Hope

Considering Episode VII was the worst film of the series, how likely is that?

Also, will liberals call critics fascists?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-rogue-one-reshoots-disney-898562
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1480957992826.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=oOmyuweolqY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best since 1977 A New Hope or 2015 A New Hope: Abrams Boogaloo?

Why the hell was the New Republic military called "The Resistance" if they are the main government in the galaxy?

Considering it was so bad that they had to reshoot screens and completely rework the plot after the movie executives saw it, I doubt it will be good.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-rogue-one-reshoots-disney-898562

main rule:
ignore this shit in cinema

Don't care, Felicity Jones is such a cute

Looks pretty good actually, will watch this week. It's funny how SJW keep associating the Trump with the Empire when they are the ones who want to censor everything. Plus last time I checked, blacks, latinos and asians also voted for him. The Force is with us brothers.

It wont be good, clips of it that have leaked show them beating up stormtroopers like they are b-movie kung-fu flick bad guys, joking the whole time instead of showing any recognition of the fact they might be killed at any moment.

It could be rated PG

Who cares, still not going to be bothered to watch it.

>it's the best one since the best one goy I swears on my mothers grave

>this will be the BEST starwars movie EVER, goys
>go to the cinema, hehe, you don't want to miss THAT one

>it had the zone of a war movie

Actually this sounds like it could be kinda interesting

>OY VEY THIS ISNT THE STAR WARS WE KNOW AND LOVE, THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE PREQUELS WITH THE CLONE WARS, WE GOTTA RESHOOT THIS SCHLOMO

I fucking hate kikes. Ep 3 is literally a fucking war movie, why can't we have another. Why must everything be a fucking retread of the fucking OT. Fucking shithead kikes.

Now I want to see the original Rogue One film just because kikes hated it.

She is past 30 now, probably does not look that cute without make up.

What is a Felicity Jones?

Multiple writers from the movie confirmed that it was purposefully written to be about a woman and shitskins fighting against patriarchy and white supremacy.

Stream it, but don't give them any shekels.

>mfw

Read more of this, no it's going to be shit.

>Sources say that while Edwards’ first cut was a solid showing, it didn’t measure up to the bar set in terms of four-quadrant appeal.

4 quadrants is does it appeal to young men, young women, old men and old woman all at once.

Obviously the director made a war film that appeals to young men and probably women with all the diversity cast and Disney had a shitfit and wanted to "widen the audience" and made him add in a bunch of Jar Jars. Fuck this.

Rogue One possibly was good but the final cut wont be good.

This is why I will watch it in 3D imax. This must be awesome.

This. Stereotyped, type-cast cast characters everywhere.

>episode 7
>worse than the Phantom Menace
>yadingus.jpg

>since A New Hope
At least they acknowledge that episodes 1,2,3, and 7 are garbage.

Because it is always better to have your main protagonists being the rebelling forces, and not the established order... I don't know it was one of the things about the movie that made no sense at all. It should have been called something like 'The New Republic Army' or 'Republic Alliance Forces' or something like that.

honestly, I thought the trailer looked good.

How can I stream the original Rogue One? Kikes veto'd it and forced the director to do reshoots since it was too much of a war film.

So now the film has been double cucked by both the SJW writers Disney picked, and by the kike producers at Disney themselves.

Director is the guy who made Godzilla, he seems like an okay guy, I don't know his politics but it seems he tried to make a war movie out of the plot and they all had a fit after it was done and forced him to redo it with a more lighter cheerier tone. That's fucked up.

Hopefully some directors cut comes out some years down the line, I'd watch that but not this kiked up happy fuzzy version.

TPM was better than TFA though. Easily.

its when you stuff shit up a womans vagina

>giving attention to the moving picture jew

>German
>Telling me about Star Wars

Bro go watch Das Boot or some shit.

>(((they))) say

Star Wars fags will say it's amazing because it's going to be filled to the brim with Star Wars nostalgia.

I guarantee it will be medicore, just like the other one.

At least episode 1 had the balls to pull out some new environments and designs

The best Star Wars since A New Hope was The Empire Strikes Back.

I actually enjoyed episodes 1,2 and 3. Atleast it was still Lucas in charge back then and games were fun too. won't watch the new ones.

The new movies have the problem that the Republic/Resistance are now the main powers in the galaxy. The real resistance is the First Order. So in effect, the protagonists are part of the power order destroying a small, relatively weak authoritarian group.

The original movies were compelling because the good guys were the underdogs. Beating the empire was a real triumph, because they did it against all odds. Now they're just beating up the empire remnants, led by some faggy crybaby. Somehow the First Order is rich or powerful enough to build a super death star though.

It's like a perfect metaphor for the Jews trying to destroy the last pieces of white culture. Whites no longer have the power. White culture is seen as evil, and destroying the last vestiges of white power is seen as good. Even though there isn't a single protestant on the Supreme Court, and Jews largely control the media and finance, people still think the big mean WASPs control everything.

this. fuck star wars

Whenever she beats up anyone in the movie keep in mind she is 5'3.

It's marketed for the oldfag nerds

Take a look at the colors, textures of the 80s action models: Rogue One visuals try to copy that feel

Or it was actually half decent originally but Disney decided it was too mature or something because the armed resistance. Either way it will be trash.

I thought Rogue One is a prequel?

who cares about disenys faggotry

It wasn't the worst. II was the worst. VII is at least watchable, even it it is bland and uninspired shit.

>(((they))) say

FRIENDLY REMINDER TO PIRATE THIS MOVIE INSTEAD OF PAY FOR IT DONT GIVE THE JEW YOUR SHEKELS

Is it? Well my point was about Episode 7, since I haven't seen Rogue One.

The New Republic doesn't believe in the First Order ever posing a threat despite numerous planets defecting to it.

Leia was one of the few senators in the Republic that felt like they needed to be kept in check, but her political career was destroyed when it got leaked that Darth Vader was her father and nobody would take her seriously. So she ended up starting a private army to keep the First Order in check.

You have to read books to get this backstory because JJ Abrams deleted all the scenes talking about the current political situation because "HURF DURF TOO MUCH LIKE THE PREQUELS"

They explained literally none of the background for the movie. It was fucking unbearable as a result. I had no idea what was going on.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1480957992826.webm

They aren't the Republic. They are rebels in the first order controlled areas. Being funded by the Republic, being led and trained by Republic commanders, but aren't the republic.

It made me lose my boner
then
>that santa
I'm diamonds

That's how I understood it. The New Republic and the First Order signed a peace treaty or something, however a small group, lead by Leia, decided to continue to RESIST and fight the First Order.

First Order = Ukraine
New Republic = Russia
Resistance = Novorussia

This

Anybody who'd say "since ANH" and not "Since TESB" has instantly invalidated their opinion.

Hey there, self-cloistered imbecile. Gareth Edwards, when left alone, makes stark, disturbing and somewhat enlightening small movies. This is his second feature film, and his first mega block buster. That would be like you being allowed to shit on your own without Mommy for the first time. The studio probably had to reign in his vision so his interpretation wouldn't put children, between 4 and 9, who would be going to see this movie, in a situation in which they might get freaked the fuck out.

Don't waste you time with this piece of shit, you all know it will suck anyways. Take that money and time you'd spend on watching this garbage and spend it on something you know you'd actually enjoy.

>half of /pol actually goes outdoors much less has a job

kek

best Star Wars since A New Hope?
PLEBS CONFIRMED

Mother of God.

Liberals will always call their critics some kind of -ist. They're stupid pieces of shit that can't deal with reality.

Can anyone give a TDLR for the movie plot?

youtube.com/watch?v=oOmyuweolqY

I'd been looking forward to Rogue One because I liked the Rogue Squadron comic books. But now it seems like it's just another Whitey Bad Grrl Power libtard shitfit. I hoped that the Ghostbusters clusterfuck would discourage them. Evidently not.

the chicks a rebel
she rebels

>mfw Gareth Edwards lurks Sup Forums

I really don't care who you are or what other movies you made, Gareth. This movie was filled with SJW writers who call the Empire a "white supremacist" movement.

>tfw parents have been buying their children white supremacist toys for decades now and are far and away the most popular characters

>kike producers ruin directors vision

Nothing triggers me more than this. It's not like they even have a sales argument, this shit is gonna sell either way for fucks sake.

Fuck Disney, this really confirms that no matter what happens, no matter what good directors get assigned to the series, Disney will never let anything actually good be released, they will screen for quality and take out every good bit before it hits cinemas. Fuck them.

The writer and the director are 2 different people mate. In thise case both are hired on by Disney.

I know the writers and Disney themselves are cancer, but the director is actually half decent and it looks like he's getting fucked over hard here. He got handed a shitty SJW tribe filled script to work with and apparently tried to turn it into a war film which would have been interesting to see, and now that he's done it they are scavenging his film and tearing it to bits, probably making it more like the SJW writers vision over the directors interpretation.

>Episode VII
>Worst one
Phantom menace literally has a space nigger who speaks in Ebonics

In the books (which have been expunged from canon because of bullshit) they acknowledge that the Empire isn't the dominant force in the galaxy. A big part of the conflict comes from a bunch of people who were leading a "resistance" group learning how to be an actual government.

If critics say it that means they're probably wrong. I watched some of the Critic's Award show yesterday and it was a massive jew fest where they kept praising anything and everything that was left wing and full of niggers. They gave a bunch of niggers the awards and gave the award for best limited tv series to a couple of kikes who did a show about OJ.

It was hilariously sad to watch.

I don't have any sympathy for the director. He knew what he was getting in to when he signed up with (((Disney))) and obviously cares more about his career than his principles.

Probably there is no jar jar in this movie ether, so t will most likely be trash

7/10 movie

Calling it now

Also you are not being the cinemagoer that James Rolfe wants you to be. Just don't see it or talk about it. If it's that bad, let the film's failure speak for itself.

I got a pass to go to a screening of this film on Thurs. night. I haven't seen any Star Wars movies since the Episode III.

Should I go?

I fapped to this image and not proud of it.

>Considering Episode VII was the worst film of the series,

not even remotely

it also has a fart joke during the 30 minute podracer scene

This.

>XENOS'D

How can human boys even compete?

>How can I stream the original Rogue One?
You can't, dummy. It was only released to Disney executives - that shit is nailed down, you won't ever see it unless there's a Wikileaks raid that stumbles onto it.

You obviously don't know much about the industry.

If you are a smalltime director, you take what you can fucking get mate and just hope you don't get fucked over by the studio. Guys probably depressed as fuck right now that Disney are tearing up his vision and gonna be branding their turd with his name. Could hurt his career.

>lel just be a poorfag indie for your entire career and never make a cent and have all your films be massively constrained by budget issues

Nah. The guy just wants to make monster films and war films. I am not a super big fan of his but he seems dedicated as fuck to his work. He literally made his first film entirely on his own aside from actors. Did all the CGI work himself on his own PC, funded it himself from his own pocket, took him around a decade of work apparently. It was an okay film but you can tell it's held back so much by being done by one person and done on his regular work income. I can see why he doesn't want to repeat that and now he's got his name out there he wants to advance and have bigger budgets.

The big directors, yeah they deserve to be shit all over since they have creative power. The small time directors and basically bitch boys for the studios. Don't hate on them unless they are incredibly cancerous in their personal lives already.

As soon as I heard that dialogue I knew there was no hope for this movie.

desu no one cares about your protest. It was fucking dumb in the first place, and complaining about what the writer said about the bad guys isn't going to stop one of the most popular franchises in history, especially when the movie doesn't look as bad as Ghostbusters 4: Vaginal Sore

That's my point. We will never see the directors original vision now. Fuck Disney.

I fucking hope he keeps a copy and we get a directors cut a few years down the line.

Truth.

Worse than the prequels please.

I wasn't going to see it anyway, only like George Lucas Wars, not the Disney Wars.

So they might as well not bother with the left wing mind games, I wasn't going to see Rogue One anyway.

I honestly don't care about his feefees. He knew, or should have known, what he was getting into. He saw a big payday and said "fuck my principles, I can make a ton of money."

Biggest problem I had with Force Awakens was how small the galaxy seemed. "The Resistance" was basically a squadron of X Wings and thier supporting crew and facilities. Even the Rebels in New Hope were better equipped. The First Order basically had one Star Destroyer the tooled around in where as the Empire multiple Star Destroyers on screen in New Hope. Maybe it's because they sunk all their resources into Starkiller Base. Which the New Republic never noticed being built. Possibly because the "New Republic" was confined to a few core systems and could be taken out by a single shot from a planet killer. Blowing up Couruscant would have just pissed the Empire or Old Republic off.

So much this. I didn't see the movie until recently and it was obvious it was just the first one redone. I remember people saying it was badass when it came out. Now it's widely revered as on par with the phantom menace

Who the fuck is even interested in these shitty remakes anymore? I have seen the original trilogies, why the fuck would I want to watch this movie AGAIN?

Nothing will ever be like the first one. That movie was so different, and in a culture completely different from what we have now.

I get that the Star Wars franchise is embedded now, and fans take it seriously (probably more than is healthy, but whatever), and you're dealing with a company that doesn't give one single fuck for serious, nostalgia, or Walt's guiding principles.

Every movie, Disney is slowly eroding the advances and work of Pixar and LucasFilm. Liberals took over Disney years ago. The golden age of movies we had is over.

Consider your favorite movies, from the 80's through 2000.

Hollywood, and Disney especially, will not make movies like that. Period.

The next great films will come from the indie scene. That's already happening. The quality work is also going to TV series. Hollywood will NOT take chances, unless it's a deviant safe space, like making the Ghostbusters lesbians.

They're destroying your heroes. Why do you pay them? Star Wars doesn't mean anything to them, except money.

Movie journalism has become as sensationalistic, hype-based, and corrupt as video games journalism.

Modern critics also said the new ghostbusters movie was great

Directors rarely have the power to just release something like that. Disney owns all versions of it - if they want it gone, it's gone.

Wow I didn't know about the studio friction or the reshoots.

Why does every single development-hell movie nowadays fall back on the if-you-dont-like-it-youre-a-genocidal-mysoginist-racist strategy?

It's made by a whole different team of talented people, simply they have shitty ideas. The trailer alone showed a wholy different tone, with proper photography, contrast and color tones, an incredible sense of scale to scenes that are usually bland as fuck in Star Wars because they're nothing more than an animated backdrop on a green screen, and even the sound design sounds pretty good. So yeah, it should be a great movie.

I just hope now that the story will be a bluepill that's so hard so swallow, and "evil white nationalists" depicted so accurately they're actually right, that it becomes one of our favorite movies.

Case in point, this fucking nails it:

No, attack of the retarded title was the worst one.

>fuck my principles

He likely didn't know jack shit other than he was going to get to make a Star Wars movie which any normal person into film would jump at since it's a dream project. I don't see how this clashes with his "principles" at all. Very likely signed on before TFA was even out so he didn't know any cancerous aspects about nustar wars. These studio's never give out the details beforehand because they don't want leaking, they just contact a director they think is in at the moment or has the skills for the genre and say "hey we have a project that might internet you, it's a X genre films with Y setting, you in?" and you get further details after you agree. Only bigshot shithead directors get more info and more say and sway on what happens, fags like Nolan or Tarantino or whatever. Gareth Edwards is basically a Hollywood newfag.

Once he was on board, they would have given him the script, and he obviously tried to interpret it differently than what disney's scriptwriters intended, and he filmed it different than what they wanted. When they found out they started butchering his film and reshooting it.

Poor guy got fucked hard.

I just want to see space ships and robots.

This. They could have made something like...
>Be young padiwan whose parents aren't getting along
>Be EXTREMELY force sensitive due to being blood related to a being born of the Force.
>Grow up under the tutelage of Luke Skywalker
>Be taught in the new Jedi Arts and learn to use my emotions as well as learn control
>What he needs is fucking therapy to deal with his Dad leaving
>Guess what he doesn't get
>Only learns the unhealthy method of supression to control his emotions
>Becomes emo in his teens(the sappy kind)
>Begins to notice how fucking stupid the new Republic is
>Crime is rampant due to the lack of a strong hand to purge them instead of "arrestings"
>Because they have weak roots from the old Empire obviously
>Protects and is charitable and is taught to care for the less fortunate by Luke
>Nothing wrong with this but...
>Time spent with Luke shows how FUCKING DEPENDENT THE REPUBLIC IS ON HIM
>They can't solve major problems without the "force"
>Feels this is wrong
>Feels society is wrong (partially because teen but actually correct to be emo in this case)
>Jedi teachings teach him to help
>Research glorius old Republic
>It was even worse
>And the Jedi had the same,power over the Republic that they do now!
>On purpose!
>Wait... Is... Luke doing this on purpose!?
>NIGGA WAT!?
>The Galaxy (and the Force possibly) is in peril if the light side IS the dark side
>I need to tell,someone...
>But,what if Luke is in on it...
>Instead keeps feelings and,fear hidden
>Is a master of this
>Luke cant glimpse his true insecurties can only tell(guess) his emotions are leading to the "Dark Side"
>Kylo researches the force in preperation for the worst
>Discovers the Knights of Ren
>Badass Sith balance keepers
>Wait... Wasnt his grandad a Sith?
>And restored the balance
>All his issues come,to a head
>Has what we call a MENTAL BREAKDOWN
>Idolizes Vader now
>Tries to,find the knights of Ren
>Feels... Something in the Force

I've never given movie reviewers much regard, they're ratings are usually opposite of what I think.

Most reviews are paid ads, anyway. Have been for a long time. Like anything else these days, peek under the hood, it gets slimy fast.

Part 2

>Get guided to a distant part of the galaxy
>Meet the fabled Knights of Ren
>Sith Master Snoke sees something in Kylo
>Interrogates him(gently mind)
>Kylo's stories confirm what he felt in the Force himself
>The balance has ended and the pendelum is swinging in another direction
>But if too much Sith means order...
>Then... Too much Jedi...
>Uh oh
>It is time for the Knights to fufill their duty
>They need a fucking army
>Kylo tells of Empire Loyalists who are struggling to survive but are well resourced
>Snoke reaches out via the force
>Kylo is taken as an Acolyte
>Is taught the horrible truths of the Force and his own society
>Break the Cutie is an understatement
>Kylo becomes loyal to Snoke who is actually helping Kylo work through his emotions
>Kylo learns ancient Force technigues
>Learns of Darth Sidious' efforts to bring order and stop the...
>Wait thats LEGENDS NOW...(fuck you Disney)
>Bring order and thats it
>His master Plaguis was a badass(hopefully still canon)
>Years go by
>Luke arrives major wtf moment
>Kylo rejects him wholly but can't kill him
>Is allowed to escape
>Is chastised for his insolence but Snoke speaks in his defense as his training must still continue
>The last of The Empire arrives
>Instaloyal to Snoke
>Snoke renames them the First Order tells Kylo to lead them in order to help hia training and gifts him a new lightsaber
>The First Order hands Kylo a gift that Snoke asks for... Vader's helmet

But lolno Kylo iz a muhsoggynest weakling who gets owned by serpior gurrlpowah!
I hate the new canon.
Make Kylo the main character!

> Totally about making a good story
> Absolutely not political

Good goy.