I don't understand the plan to colonize Mars. Why not colonize the moon first. It'd be alot cheaper and alot easier...

I don't understand the plan to colonize Mars. Why not colonize the moon first. It'd be alot cheaper and alot easier. We could send supply ships in no time rather then waiting years to send them. If there was a medical problem we could get them back on earth quickly. Logically speaking moon would be forst before mars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xe_nuRMH30c
inquisitr.com/3710152/forget-mars-trump-wants-nasa-to-visit-jupiters-moon-europa-and-explore-the-solar-system/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's a gigantic spaceship

Because we already went to the moon, there's nothing there.

We don't need to practice long-term habitation, that's what the ISS was for.

Because we already took all the cheese and it would violate the Orglash Treaty of SD 1777882 concerning solar system SE223380-B

yeah. not to mention space craft built on the moon wouldn't need to meet the challenge of escaping earths gravity, so larger more complicated things could be built

also, I always thought venus was a better option than mars for terraforming. mars is a dead planet because its core solidified, it lost its van allen belts and that allowed solar wind to blow off the atmosphere. venus has no such problem, and i think it would be easier to bleed off a planets atmosphere than to recreate one, right?

Hauling all the shit to build rocket factories and launch facilities on the moon would be more expensive than just building a rocket on Earth and refueling it in LEO, as per SpaceX's plan.

because the moon is already colonised

The moon has fuckloads of iron and helium-3 among other things.

>its core solidified
Shut up you dumb fuck

Lack of water on the moon, and no atmosphere at all.

Mars has a atmosphere (although its not very dense) of 96% CO2. It also has water in the form of ice at the poles. These materials needed for life can be extracted from the planet instead of being brought. So all in all, Mars can support life without external support while the moon can't.

because the moon is made of cheese

not in the very long term which is why i felt the moon would be a great foothold in space

I feel as if it would also give a large amount of experience to the space agencies planning to go to Mars if they were to go to build on the moon first

I guess that makes some since

>Implying there hasn't been a secret base there since the 1970s

Helium 3 is a meme. If we ever actual need it, we can get it more easily on Earth or elsewhere.

Why are you posting this?

We have plenty of iron on earth, and balloons aren't that important.

This. Humans need water to live and water isnt light and is therefore expensive to transport thus the place we go needs to have water

its not

I agree, we should colonize the moon first - however there are some strong arguments against it, and going for Mars instead.

The main points whittle down to the lack of incentive to set up camp on the moon, the only worthwhile resource is silicon. I think the moon should be used as a production complex for electronics.

The other argument is that habitat necessities aside, the cost from flying to Mars vs the moon are pretty similar, so why not go all the way?

There is no water or atmosphere on the moon

Because I'm a free white straight male

How would you propose cooling down a planet?
Much easier to create an atmosphere. Musk's already proposed a way to do it in relatively short time - nuclear detonations.

We're about to free the shit outta Mars.

Venus is too hot. You can't remove heat like that without spending a substantial amount.

Adding heat to mars would be cheaper.

Transport hydrogen and oxygen and make water on the moon.

DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

>1970s
you spelled thousands of years wrong

No

We should be colonising Europa and titan

You dumb goyim

>Believes Mars and Moon exist in the form the Jews are presenting them

Wow aren't you a fucking gullible goy, huh?

Moon isn't larger than a football field, same as Mars.

Fuck off now, indoctrinated kikeslave

>molecules magically gain mass that wasn't there from the atoms that formed them

nigga you dumb

We're never leaving this planet.

>make water
>make
>water
Are you actually retarded or just pretending to be?

Technically they would be more massive apart than together, not by much though.

Watch this OP
youtu.be/Xe_nuRMH30c

Molecules are like paint u put together and make new color
I breathed in some air, per usual, and this guy sold me some hydro gen
Boom lungs were water

Fuck off newt

Thats no moon!

basic universal cheesecom

Exploration of lunar caves when?

Moon is 50% oxygen. And it has significant amount of water ice.

It is also easy to build with. Just microwave the moon megalith, and it turns into mooncrete.

Neither have any protection against radiation, so that has to be addressed, one way or another.

yeah it would be cool for us to finally go to the moon for real

Sure it would but it would take forever to remove the atmosphere and for it to cool down substantially.
Unless you use asteroids, that would remove the atmosphere even more quickly, but you would have to wait even longer for it to cool down.
Plus mars once terraformed and colonized will have a much lower escape velocity, could realistically have a space elevator, has an asteroid field relatively nearby, and tons of other shit.

fpbp

The colonization plan for venus I saw was to build hot air baloons that float above the clouds that trap the heat.

The only source of He3 on planet earth is rotting nuclear weapons.

He3 is streamed out by the sun. Mercury and our moon is loaded with the stuff, thanks to all that He3 being blown out by the sun for the past 4 billion years that they have collected.

Because deep ocean colonization is a much better more economical idea. We could go to the moon or mars which will take years to get set up before we could even do anything there, and any resources we would even be able to extract would be in such small quantities that shipping them back to earth would be an outrageous proposition. Deep ocean would take a year tops to get started up at which point we could start mineral extraction right away. Then over time colonies would develop their own aquaponics/farming setups and become self sufficient.

Also sure Venus interior is probably molten but so what, it's not spinning either, or there is no convection currents. How will you fix that?
And it's period of rotation is backwards and insanely long, so you would end up with a planet with long, hot "days", and very cold long nights.

>Helium 3
>balloons aren't that important.

Moon is 50% oxygen. No need to transport it.

Moon has plenty of water ice in its polar regions, hidden from the sun in dark craters.

>Musk's already proposed a way to do it in relatively short time - nuclear detonations.

Just hit it with asteroids. You get the resources on the ground, particulates in the air, and no radiation. Pretty good.

Also at some point we'll have to learn to move them anyway otherwise Earth will be btfo.

This begs the question, who owns the moon ?
Technically the USA claimed it first but that was fake, so how do we split it ?

>and balloons are not that important.
>He3 used for balloons
wew
lad
murican education

Guys don't make fun of him it is a good idea. Like how my desktop and monitor weigh nothing when I disconnect them.

The moon is already "colonized", as it is hollow and full of the technicians which assure the 3D projection mind control illusion is maintained.

>Moon is 50% oxygen
WRONG
>Moon has plenty of water ice in its polar regions
WRONG again. Theres barely any water on the moon

>Because deep ocean colonization is a much better more economical idea.

This isn't fundamentally about economics. It is about the expansion of humanity into the stars.

The economics only have to work, not be optimal.

What if we do not land ownership. The moon is coming owned by every nation. First come first serve. Pleb nations just gunna have to suck it up

because if we dun goofed the moon, earth would be dun goofed rather violently.

It'd make much more sense to colonize antarctica, the desert, the ocean surface, and the ocean floor before trying to colonize other planets.

With a place like Mars, consider all the problems you have to deal with. Significantly reduced gravity, lack of any substantial atmosphere, freezing temperatures, dry arid wasteland, being ridiculously far from civilization, need for pressure control, need for radiation protection, etc.

Meanwhile on antarctica, many of those major problems don't exist. You're really just dealing with freezing temperatures. If trying to colonize Mars, you'd have to overcome literally every challenge in coloinizing antarctica, and then a shitload more. So why not just colonize antarctica over mars?

Pretty sure there's some UN convention saying nobody can own celestial bodies

Commander Trump wants to colonize Europa first. Though I guarantee we won't be alone when we get there.

inquisitr.com/3710152/forget-mars-trump-wants-nasa-to-visit-jupiters-moon-europa-and-explore-the-solar-system/

>UN
Awww that's cute.

Fuck the UN. Trump should buldoze all their buildings in burgerland.

Mars could be terraformed into a livable planet over a few centuries. The moon cannot.

gravity

It's not years to get to mars. 150/300 days top (so 1 year) depending on the position of the two planets around the sun.

>Mars could be terraformed into a livable planet over a few centuries.
Democracies cannot stick to a plan that long.

gravity would be helpful on the moon. The rockets wouldn't have to use as much fuel to lift off on the surface than Mars surface

>The economics only have to work, not be optimal.

Kek. I guess that's why New Caledonia went on to be a great global superpower. So many of these stupid fucking Sci Fi nerd believe the human experience in space will somehow end up being something like star trek when in reality it would be fucking awful. If a colony isn't able to eventually economically sustain itself, then there's no point in having that colony.

>muh human expansion

To what end? The New World was colonized for financial and religious freedom reasons at a time when it was already fairly well explored and it was known you could make money. When we're talking about other planets we're talking about literal desolate wastelands.

That in addition to this user explodes the stupid case for colonizing other planets.

Thanks for the correction. Good information

Oceans>Antarctica>Moon>Mars>Space Cities (stations)>Other Planets>Other Solar Systems>The Galaxy>Imperium of Mankind

>that's the correct order

There's enough helium 3 on the moon to provide earth with a new clean energy alternative to replace fossil fuels.

It's also a lot more realistic to build a space elevator on the moon than it is on earth. A lunar space elevator would make colonization and resource extraction much much cheaper

>Mars could be terraformed into a livable planet over a few centuries. The moon cannot.

No, it fucking can't. Terraforming is a pipe dream unless some of the theories about just letting bacteria colonize the martian surface and doing most of the work are correct.

That's pretty likely yeah.

>some hole in the Moon have my name

You're right. Anyone who goes to Mars or beyond I assume is going to spend the remainder of their life there, and they'll be hooked up to life support systems the entire time. Imagine never being able to set foot outside again without being in a pressurized suit.

Use fans to cool it down fucktard. I have two in my room and I'm chill as fuck.

>He3
>on Erath

what the fuck kind of balloons do you use in bugerland, m8?

damn, it must be pretty weird to be called Southwest Mare Fecunditatis

> 2016
> believing in terraforming other planets

>he felt for the Musk meme
None is going to "colonize" other planets anytime soon. Not in our lifetimes for sure, and I'm ready to bet my shekels not even in our grandchildren lifetime. It's not about technology or the harsh environment but about human biology.

Antarctica will be fully colonized long long before any early settlements on the Moon or Mars.

Make a giant magnifying glass and burn off the atmosphere using the nearby sun. Remove magnifying glass, allow to cool, send leftists in first to establish biomass, then colonize.

they call it colonization, but it's actually an invasion to kill the fucking aliums.

This.

>about just letting bacteria colonize the marti
All I said was it's possible

>Why not colonize the moon first
Actually if we really are in instrumentality then it already is colonized :^)

What if aliens already own the moon?

>What if aliens already own the moon?
see

Dude, it's 2016, and you still believe Muhammad flew like in a fantasy movie.