>2016
>still believing the general relativity jew

Fact. Mankind can travel faster than light. Don't fall for (((einstein))) and his jewish lies.

If you had a stick the length of Earth to Pluto, you could without a doubt transmit information faster than the speed of light by simply pushing and pulling the stick.

It takes the light jew 5.5 HOURS to travel to Pluto ONCE. You could travel back and forth between the Earth and Pluto with a stick hundreds of thousands of times with that amount of time.

Don't fall for the light jew. Sticks are the fastest means of transportation in the universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X_JAvVjKeWI
youtube.com/watch?v=udAL48P5NJU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Do1lm9IevYEBig
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Sound/souspe3.html#c1
grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/Numbers/Math/Mathematical_Thinking/how_fast_is_the_speed.htm
cds.cern.ch/record/618057/files/0305457.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=f169YnngRxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

motion propagates through a medium at the speed of sound, senpai.

sound can travel faster than the seed of light senpai.

speed of sound isn't static. it travels faster in water, and even faster in a vacuum.

You would literally be able to see the shockwave propagate along the stick you colored combusting asspirate. American education everybody.

Sound doesn't travel at all in a vacuum

Are you just pretending to be retarded?

You would need an amount of strength that is completely impossible with a material that can reach Pluto without significant bending which is also somewhat impossible.
Sticks lose speed over the distance of a meter nevermind all the way to Pluto. Leverage isn't some magical effect.

If information can only travel as fast as light, couldn't you transmit information faster than light with a giant stick and use Morse code

>sound
>travelling through a vacuum

Senpai......

I think he's trolling.
Or retarded. Hard to tell sometimes.

I want to believe you're trolling, but I fear you might actually be this retarded.

user please stop, Eurofriends are gonna think we can't into science

I can vouch for the large scale stupidity present in the states.

if you had a really powerful flashlight and aimed at the moon and then put your hand in front of the light, would the shadow appear on the moon instantly?

>sound can travel faster than the seed of light senpai.
in some mediums yes, but never faster than the speed of light in vacuum

Sticks don't transmit data instantly.

Try swinging a stick, notice how it bends, the motion isn't instant along all points of the stick.

Moving a stick back and forth would cause info to travel at the speed the molecules of the stick react. About the speed of sound through wood. Significantly slower than light.

obviously not

sound waves don't travel in a vacuum. wow guys, you're right. I would have never considered this despite the fact i already know it.

you can detect vibrations that would make sound in a vacuum. hence sound travels faster than the speed of light. the speed of light isn't even based on anything you understand, it's like explaning a 3d world to a 2dimensonal existence. here's a soundtrack of the sounds saturn makes, recorded in the vacuum of space

No. A flashlight bright enough to illuminate the moon would incinerate your hand.

Also the speed of light isn't instant.

Okay instead of a literal stick what about a rod of carbon nanotubes or steel or whatever make believe future substance

Make it one light second long or one light minute lonh. Is it still unable to transmit info slower if you push it hard enough ?

"speed of light" is sort of a misnomer. It's really the speed of causality, and the first thing we found with this speed just happened to be light. Gravity propagates at this speed, for example.

A stick isn't some single whole blob. It's composed of trillions of atoms. If you push on it from one end, it is limited by the same speed of causality, among other things. Think of a really really rigid spring. If this spring was short, you couldn't really see it compress, but if the spring went from Earth to Pluto, you could imagine it exceeding some critical length where there is a noticeable compression that propagates through the spring.

Vibrations of what

No.
If you put your hand in front of the light at the instant t1, the light that was emitted from the torch at the instant t0 is still en route to the moon.

The shadow is just an absence of light, so for the shadow to appear the last photon emitted before you covered the torch has to get to the moon, and this takes time.

Just to explain what user meant better: Light can be slower than sound in SOME mediums, but sound can never be faster than light is in a vacuum, whatever medium you choose.

oldfag

Think man. In a vacuum, what could be vibrating?

There's nothing in a vacuum to vibrate. That's why it's a vacuum.

youtube.com/watch?v=X_JAvVjKeWI

forgot video.

Sound only travels faster when going through a denser material, so it travels fastest through solid objects, vacuums are the absence of pressure or density and sound cannot travel through that

Retard

It would move at the speed of sound through a carbon nanotube. ie, slower than C

Even if you had a magic material that breaks the laws of physics you wouldn't have the strength to wield it in that way.

How does causality have a speed

I know you're right but seriously how the fug

Learning calculus and Euler and shit is kind of terrifying, I try not to think too hard about this shit

objects in space?

THE FUCKING OBJECTS THAT EXIST IN THE VACUUM OF SPACE YOU FUCKING MORON.

You will either

a - break the stick

or

b - transfer the information at the speed of sound in that stick.

Your push travels through the stick as a compression wave and this can never be FTL, no matter how rigid you think your stick is.

That's a nice theory and all but only one thing, space doesn't exist. It's a hoax.

EinSTEINS meme relativity is pushed on us so much to keep the theory of gravity alive so their concept of "space" can make sense.

Same thing. Only faster than the stick. Still slower than light in a vacuum.

>being this retarded
It's not sound they detect you idiot, it's EM waves, which they convert to sound.

it's still composed of atoms. Held together by a complex electromagnetic and gravitational balance. Pushing or pulling one end is simply the compression and tension of the empty spaces between the atoms. Its really no different than a spring.

>It's really the speed of causality

That's actually a much better way to put it, I think more non-sciency people would get the concept if we started saying that rather than speed of light.

not to mention that keeping it pointing at pluto would be a nightmare.

the whole problem with your statement is that you can make audio recordings of things in space, retard.

CHECKEM YOU INTELLECTUALLY POOR NIGGER

Vacuums are defined by them not having anything in them.

That includes objects.

That's electromagnetic radiation being converted to sound.

You know, light.

now calculate the energy needed to push your earth-pluto stick
apply it to its material resistance
deduce what material resistance you'd need to have such a stick to be built in in order to actually move it all the way and not just break or smash
and that's without examining plenty of other factors
anyways the einstein jew is retarded by your demo is a joke

NOTHING TRAVELS FASTER THAN LIGHT

THEREFORE THE STICK WOULD SIMPLY CONTRACT DOWN ITS LENGTH, AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT.

WRONG

It's literally impossible to swing it faster than C. The reason for this is because giving mass enough energy to travel at C requires infinite energy, as per relativity.

And those vibrations of planets and asteroids and such travel through what to cover distance?

A subwoofer floating in a vacuum pumping out the bass would still be unable to be heard until you literally touched it, or in some way put some kind of matter between you and it. In which case, the sound would obviously not be travelling through a vacuum.

.....senpai.

Think of a really long train.

The engine stops, but it takes a while for all of the cars to stop.

>if you pushed one end of a stick in space the other end wouldn't move and the stick would get shorter

also the stick is solid, you're not moving the space around it, stick pushing would transmit data faster than using light, this is a fact, a silly fact but a fact nonetheless, two particles tangled together and separated a large distance can transmit data instantly

Basically this. Gravity is a jewish hoax. The earth is actually flat and the force we perceive as """gravity""" is actually just the earth moving up at a very fast speed. Gravity does not exist.

you know, i just got done posting how there's a difference in sound waves, which DON'T travel in a vacuum

and the how objects vibrate, which is the basis of sound i am talking about. thanks for telling me how they do things with processes that I already know about and calling me a retard at the same time.

keep it simple, I don't think that he knows that light and radio waves are the same stuff

>beam light at Pluto when it's the furthest from Earth
>wait until it's the closest
>walk across
>you got there before the light, aka you are faster than light

You can't explain this (((scientists)))

What is this speed of sound explanation? Bullets, bull whips, jet planes, these all exceed speed of sound. Why can't you propel a carbon rod faster htan sound?

Physics doesn't really have a good answer on "why" in the way that'd be satisfying to you as an answer. They're mostly just mathematical models based on experimentation that we can use to predict similar phenomena where the conditions are slightly different. I guess the best answer to your question would be if it didn't have a set speed, everything would happen all at once in a single instant. Like a film for example needs a "speed of causality" which is the framerate. If an infinite number of frames went by in a second for a set film rather than 60 fps or something, you wouldn't have a film to watch because it'd be over in an instant.

if motion propagates at the speed of sound how to jet fighters fly faster than the speed of sound? check mate light jew

Ah. The space elevator. Absolutely brilliant.

I'm not saying move the stick faster than c, I'm saying move it an inch on one side. Does the opposite end of the stick not immediately move as well?

how can earth be real if space isn't real?

>youtube.com/watch?v=udAL48P5NJU

Except that what they detect is light, hence travels at the speed of light, not faster than it.

Retard.

*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...

op's right

>I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark. -Muhammad Ali

Well, (((light)))fags? Not so fast now are you?

No. That force you applied to it still needs to travel throughout the whole stick.

>motion propagates at the speed of sound
Nigger what

telegraph machines with a closed loop could transmit data instantly because an electric current once connected runs throughout the wire, doesn't start from one end and go around

any electric anons will confirm

The whip is traveling at the speed of sound traveling through the whip's material. That speed is greater than the speed of sound through air.
Same with planes. Only with metal instead of air.

well if you had been paying attention. i clearly illustrated that sound waves don't travel in a vacuum

>also the stick is solid

nah, the stick is asound if you really pay attention.

this tardino displays this basic knowledge

maybe instead of all of you niggers calling me a retard at once could add 2+2 and figure this shit out for yourselves.

its pathetic you people don't understand this, and call the people who do retarded.

thanks buddy, i would have never figured that out if it wasn't for you and my already intense interest on the subject.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Do1lm9IevYEBig
5:04

you know if you disagree, you can just replicate Cavendish's experiment to disprove it.

With amerifats is hard to distinguish a bait from a geniuine retard

>Muhammad Ali
>Believing Muslims

You dummy.

>sound travels through vacuum
This is almost as bad as deactivating atoms. I must apologize for my fellow burgers stupidity.

OP is a troll but just for those lurking who are actually retarded.
>speed of sound
340.29 m / s (this is only true for dry air actual figures may vary depending on material it's passing through, tempurature, etc.)
>Source: hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Sound/souspe3.html#c1

>speed of light
>299 792 458 m / s
This is a constant.
>grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/Numbers/Math/Mathematical_Thinking/how_fast_is_the_speed.htm
>I used m/s for our international bros

OP if you're really still here I hope you realize how retarded you sound thinking that we can move faster than the speed of light just because of your dumbass troll pic.
>t. butthurt physicist

light is just a vibration.

the speed of light isn't based on our 4 dimensions of travel. light doesn't travel in length, width, height, and time. it travels in 6 unseen dimensions. gtfo with your einstein speed of light, he was wrong about it being 300k m/s 30 years before the kike even came around. look up variable light speed and realize what a nigger you are.

It's hard to distinguish your flag from Texas

youtube.com/watch?v=udAL48P5NJU

and just to EXPAND on this user
whoever built the pyramids knew about
the meter
the second
and the speed of light in meters per second
because that is its placement in latitude

stick win every time

No, the fastest thing is diarrhea, it makes you go like a lightning to the bathroom and by the time the light is turned on, you already shat yourself.

you're a few levels down but on the right path

see >sound waves don't travel in a vacuum. wow guys, you're right. I would have never considered this despite the fact i already know it.

learn the difference between a sound wave, and sound.

i couldn't cash your apology for people being retarded, bank said you were intellectually bankrupt

Fucking retard, learn grammar.

Ok, so when you said sound travels through a vacuum you were just pretending to be retarded.

Hard to tell with burgers

Considering 'power saving' lightbulbs take like 15min to dim this isn't out of the question.

You can prove it by yourself. Leave now retard. Saged. Now about the paradox you're mentioning I don't know to solve it. Ask to a physics professor but it has been solved.

no, when i said sound travels through a vacuum, i really meant it.

though i consider every single material object to be a sound, but that comes from being WAY smarter than you.

Ah forgot to say OP is a failed physicist.

its actually wrong. the shockwave when moving the stick woud only move at the speed of sound.

> look up variable light speed and realize what a nigger you are.

Nigger VSL is still a theory that has no proof even in mathematics. Sure you can propose the moon is made of cheese but the first manned mission proves that wrong.

Stop acting like you understand how physics works.

Even CERN says you're retarded.
>cds.cern.ch/record/618057/files/0305457.pdf
>We review recent work on the possibility of a varying speed of light (VSL)
>POSSIBILITY

Considering that you don't even know that we don't care what the speed of light is as long as we know it exists, you're already wrong, it doesn't matter to us if it's 10, 1, 300k m/s or whatever.

>Variable
Once again, you're too retarded to know what relativity says, it doesn't say that the speed of light doesn't vary when going through different mediums, everyone knows it slows down.
What relativity says is that the speed of light is the same in all frame of references, besides saying that the speed of light isn't infinity.

>the speed of light isn't based on our 4 dimensions of travel. light doesn't travel in length, width, height, and time. it travels in 6 unseen dimensions
Every modern theory in physics that tries to unify things uses more dimensions in one way or another, I don't know what pop sci you watched, but they haven't been proven if you haven't noticed, and are nothing more than speculation.

>vibrations are static
youtube.com/watch?v=f169YnngRxQ

The real question is do worm holes exist and can we use them?

That comes from you being retarded.

You can make a model with VSL, but you just get an uglier model. Better let the speed of light constant (every referential frame can agree with that)

Pack it up lads, OP just disproved all of relativity with an MS Paint drawing

Oh, I apologize. I assumed you were just pretending.

See, if you want to classify EM radiation as sound, that's fine. But then we are in effect talking about the speed of light, not the speed of sound with regards to its propagation.

The truth remains that sounds cannot be transmitted through a vacuum. We can potentially detect EM radiation and render it into some form of sound, but that hardly means that the sound itself travelled through space to reach us.

...senpai.

thanks user, i live for the 1 smart person in a sea of idiots to tell me that I'm on the right path.

i hope to meet you in my journey of connecting with eternal bliss.

cds.cern.ch/record/618057/files/0305457.pdf

its funny because this says a constant light speed has been wrong for over 100 years, and for some reason einstein fucked everything up and that report point out that its heresy to even question it.

which ends up being an antithesis to what real science is.

>In sharp contrast, the constancy of the speed of light has remain sacred, and the term
\heresy" is occasionally used in relation to \varying speed of light theories"

this is pseudo science so people like you can feel smart when other people like jews think for you.

>moonlanding

lol, the footage of the moonlanding was fake, so people don't ever figure out how to get in space.

don't get me wrong. the moonlanding was fake, but we still landed on the fucker.

its funny i probably spend more time on those reports than you do.

ahem" someone wants to know....how to go fast?

firstly the amount of energy required to push such a stick would be immense.
secondly a stick that length assuming it was possible to fashion it out of some unknown unbreakable material would be under so much gravitational pressure, it would constantly move on it's own at a slow vibration wave making it impossible to understand any message being sent.
beyond that, there is is a shitload of astral bodies inbetween earth and pluto that would hit the pole making it extremely difficult to keep it aimed on pluto to transmit your message.

the whole idea of a stick that long is absurd.

you are much better off focussing on the much more realistic goal of some kind of high speed laser that travels faster than light.

We don't know. And
We don't know.

Hope that helps!

With increasing material length for a signal to move through you will have increasing resistance and as well decreasing current
I don't have the math in front of me but I'd be very very surprised if you could get a signal to go far enough such that it would still be readable on the other end over noise
Also even then actual electronics take time to recognize change as components need enough time to charge up/ discharge to actually detect changes in a line
Pretty much there's no feasible way to do this but even if you did have a strong enough power source, large enough medium, sensitive/ fast enough receiver, etc I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers involved would approach either 0, infinity, or both
This type of long range high speed data transfer is what lead to fiber optics that send signals over light