What do you think of the vibrant debate raging on Sup Forums concerning climate change?

What do you think of the vibrant debate raging on Sup Forums concerning climate change?
Do you think any scientific breakthrough will come out of Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qEylCS6-hBE
skepticalscience.com/climate-change-global-warming.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is this from CTR's new meme division?

or

are you the new intern they sent here to gather intel?

It's why world leaders are invited to the US for pizza

they eat pizza
are flimed eating pizza
they go home and say climate crap is real

It looks like that the climate changed just not in the direction that old uncle Al wanted.

but doesn't Greenland have huge ice negative?
like 1/3 of ice lost by Greenland moved to icecaps

>vibrant debate

We all agree that it's bullshit.

>Octane turns into up to 8 CO2 molecules when burned in oxygen.

> Fossil fuels are made out of old plants

> Plants are made out of carbon dioxide

> Venus is hot because of CO2

> We release more CO2 than forests can bury

> Planet gets hotter

> There's a big difference between 31 and 33 degrees

> Ice melts more than it normally would

youtube.com/watch?v=qEylCS6-hBE

The glaciers are receding, but they have more ice lately due to increased snowfall.

Temperatures still warming.

OP is a faggot.

it is obviously a chinese fabrication to make us uncompetitive tho

Man made climate change is a hoax

The real climate hazard is the release of estrogene into the world poisoning human male and also wildlife

Yet no one is talking about that shit

Yes. Greenland is losing more ice than Antarctica is gaining. See:

This

OUCH!

People always talk about how the antartic is gaining ice but fail to realise that the artic is losing ice at twice the rate that antartic is gaining it.

There are 50 record hot days for every 1 record cold

the last two climate vids molyneux made (monckton & happer) were pretty convincing to me that the climate shit is going to be completely done within a couple years. If I had any money I would short green companies.

The native flowering plants of Antarctica are growing at 40x their historical rate

Molyneux is probably among the greatest intellectuals of our time

>this damage control

>he doesn't know the difference between land ice and sea ice

Bill gates just started a 1,000,000,000 dollar fund to fight climate change, Jeff bezos and Richard Branson are hoping on board as well.

In addition 65% of Americans now believe humans are the root cause why our climate has changed

global warming/climatechange is real, up to debate is only if its happening right now, and if humans are at fault or speed the process up.

we are in an iceage currently which is when one or both polecaps are frozen the whole year (depending on definition one or both). since we are in an iceage right now it is bound to get warmer at some point.
yet everyone acts like it becoming warmer is a catastrophe that never happened before, like we are not in an iceage. the fact that its never even mentioned that the iceage is right now is proof enough that the talk about global warming is just to further some political agenda

>Bill gates just started a 1,000,000,000 dollar fund to fight climate change

Correction: he started a $1,000,000,000 fund to get cushy exclusive government grants, government contracts, tax cuts, tax refunds and tax subsidies for his friends in the green sector.

Yeah so? People believed irradiated water gave you superpowers back in the day and I'm sure some wealthy assholes invested in it

>Molyneux is probably among the greatest intellectuals of our time
people dont really think this do they?

that's great what are they going to do when there is hard scientific evidence that global warming is a non issue?

More thin surface ice, but the solid ice structures are still dissipating.

>climate change

I recall when i were a kid in the late 80s early 90s and they called it global warming.

in the 70s it was global cooling apparently

>yet everyone acts like it becoming warmer is a catastrophe that never happened before, like we are not in an iceage.
Everyone knows it's happened before. The problem is if it happens now, a lot of major population centres get flooded destroying a lot farmland and infrastructure. Also more hurricanes and droughts. As humans it's in our interest to keep the climate stable. reducing carbon emissions is much cheaper that paying for the wealth destruction in the decades and centuries to come.

Reminder that a neocon Jew advisor to GW Bush and that one Australian PM is the guy who single-handedly changed the terminology from "global warming" to "climate change"

You have all been jewed

they stopped calling it that become some places get colder with "global warming" and it was confusing people.

Merely a meme. A small portion of climate research papers investigated the possibility that the climate was cooling. But the vast majority of researches still believed it was warming.

We've had ice caps since the Antarctic peninsula separated from the andes mountains.

We've had ice caps pretty much every since dinosaurs went extinct.

There were no ice caps during the dinosaur eras, the last time we had ice caps was during the Permian, before the dinosaurs.

The earth was much hotter before before the permian. The entire world was covered in desert and rainforest before the permian.
Those were the first plants that evolved on land, they cooled our planet down and is where most of our fossil fuel reserves come from today.

The climate is changing, and it is because of people

Nice source dipshit.

This desu, they're going to keep saying wrong things and than what? Are they going to be right all of the sudden?

Don't cut the forests like a nigger so it will grow back... Problem solved.

how much scientific literature have you actually read user?

>Merely a meme. A small portion of climate research papers investigated the possibility that the climate was cooling. But the vast majority of researches still believed it was warming.
doesn't that describe what is happening now?

We've known about climate change for 100 years now.
It was less than 20 years after the discovery of radioactivity that we realized how bad it was for you.
That was 100 years ago too, there have been some notable scientific advances since then

>doesn't that describe what is happening now?
No, because the earth is warming now.

obviously I meant the minority and inverse temperatures

You're asking if people are still getting papers published saying climate cooling is happening?

No, their not. Maybe in tiny numbers maybe. In the 70's it was 20% of climate research papers at the peak.

no potato brain I am saying the global warming papers make up a minority of scientific papers but a majority of media focus. I am suggesting that it could only be 20% of papers focusing on warming and that your assertion it was only a meme in the 70s is not supported by the amount of papers speculating on climate models.

>arrogant youtuber who thinks that his accent makes him the supreme authority on a subject

My god is this left wing Sargon of Akkad?

Lord Mocton just found out what was wrong with the projections being used since this meme started

Newsflash: Turns out its not really a huge issue and the Earth will change regardless of what we do, and even if we dump pure carbon into the atmosphere the climate ramification are so negligible theyre virtually non existent.

>no potato brain I am saying the global warming papers make up a minority of scientific papers but a majority of media focus.
No, because that was never the case.

>am suggesting that it could only be 20% of papers focusing on warming
The 20% was focused on COOLING in the 70's, the remain 80% was on warming.

>this pic make me think

>left wing Sargon of Akkad?
>Sargon of Akkad
>left wing

just post your source you aren't getting it.

climate change is code for malthusian doctrine

>any scientific breakthrough come out of pol

fuck no, but if kek wills it let it be so.

>what do I think of the climate change debate

I think it is a bunch of uneducated faggots arguing with a bunch of educated faggots through a semi educated proxy.

>what do you think about climate change

There exists a possibility that there is a man made component to the change however to ignore the fact that Earth's atmospheric composition has fluctuated since the beginning of time is ignorant. I believe that people are exacerbating an already existing and natural occurrence. I think alternative energy for the sake of climate is a bullshit meme. The ramifications of "clean" energy are just as bad, if not worse.

>but what about scientific doomsday scenarios

The Gubment decided that using the most extreme possible scenario was the only outcome.

tl;dr: Climate change is a natural occurrence that is accented by human's awesomeness.

China emits more CO2 than the US and Europe combined, China emits more CO2 per person than Europe. Taxing industry in the US will ship jobs and manufactures overseas to the environmental waste land of China. This solution will not help the future of this planet.

Nice meme. Bullshit though.

skepticalscience.com/climate-change-global-warming.htm

The forests of Europe have grown significantly over the last 40 years.
If it weren't for third world shitholes chopping down entire countries' worth of equatorial forest we could in the near future fix our CO2 problem in the future by just thinning them and storing allthe timber in disused coal mines rather than burning it for fuel.

A single tree can fix something like 25kg of CO2 per year.

Al Gore net worth after being VP OF usa : 700,000$. net worth today : 7,000,000,000. he should be sharing a cell with hillery.

plants increase # of stomata in higher co2 concentration also algae

Coal is done, it has nothing to do with taxes.

Natural gas is cheaper, easier, and has a smaller carbon foot print.
Solar panels are a cheaper option than coal along the equator, and it will only spread.

China has billions of people, but they are also just starting to build enough renewable power to power the entire US.

yeah they pollute a lot, and don't care about the environment, but neither do republicans, so that statement doesn't generate sympathy, at least they are smart enough to acknowledge it and that they have to change.

Even Exxon Mobil is building their facilities with the predisposition that often levels are rising and temperatures are climbing.
They are protecting their assets, shouldn't you protect yours?

And maybe in another 100 years we'll have enough technology to 'fix the problem' if we discover there actually was any at that point

A simple Google search reveals he is worth $200 million.
A lot, but not 7b

The CO2 level is rising at an extraordinary rate that really doesn't occur outside of cataclysmic events. It's easily demonstrable that CO2 determines temperatures.

What about the Amazon, African, and Indonesian rainforests forests?

There actually is more trees in western societies than there would normally be because of landscaping and we delay forest fires.

But it doesn't make up for the loss in the tropics

That would make it an exponentially larger challenge

Nuclear is ready today and solar is advancing rapidly, in both efficiency and cost.
Bad policy to wait for the problem to come to you

option #1:

>SHUT IT DOWN SHUT EVERYTHING DOWN AND STOP BURNING FUEL, BILLIONS WILL STARVE BUT MUH GLOBAL WARMING

option#2

>continue as we are, sea levels will rise and we will adjust, billions will not starve

yes because those grants will be used to buy him and his friends what, exactly?

>CO2 level rising at extraordinary rate
Okay... and your point is?

>doesnt occur outside of cataclysmic events

please provide proof for your assertion

>CO2 determines temperature

this is false, it is a component of the greenhouse effect but not the only factor in the temperature of a planet.

.t scientist

Option 3#

> Make a reasonable transition by investing in technological development. Let every person generate their own power cleanly and for free.

Nobody has to die in my plan

Yeah, I'm posting an Al Gore speach on Sup Forums, deal with it.

Www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxi-OlkmxZ4

>using meme arrows wrong
welcome summerfag

>Okay... and your point is?
Where's the CO2 coming from?

>please provide proof for your assertion
This graph shows it quite clearly, got it from NASA's website.

>this is false, it is a component of the greenhouse effect but not the only factor in the temperature of a planet.
Together with solar activity it is basically the only factor. Solar activity has been stable.

>t. kids who regurgitate climate "skepticism" because they want to passive aggressively lash out at their peers

When did you realize you preferred sex with men?

>More ice than ever
Wrong, it's more ice AREA, not ice VOLUME.
Ice volume at the North Pole is shrinking, but the area is growing.

It's still called global warming, but climate change is the more scientific name for the process that is happening, because, even though we are warming the Earth up, it causes many imbalances in the climate causing climate to cool in certain areas while overall the climate is warming

Wrong. Back then people knew some sort of climate change will happen due to human activity, and most scientists predicted it would be global warming. A few scientists thought it would be global cooling, and since that sounds worse than global warming, the media decided to focus on the few cooling predictions instead of the many warming predictions

You mean

Option #1:
>Stop polluting our environment and use innovative technology that works efficiently using clean energy

Option #2:
>Continue as we are, sea levels rising, billions dying and losing their houses, billion shitskins more emigrating to European countries, the climate being changed and many potential resources being destroyed.

(((NASA))) gets ((((Government Grants))) to push a (((global narrative))).

oy vey

al gore is the ultimate climate jew. dump some oil in a river for him today guys.

scientific breakthrough and Sup Forums?

Books let you climb just high enough to die when jumping down?

>people are still arguing over climate change when there is a 97% scientific consensus that humans are accelerating climate change.
I bet you guys think Pluto is a planet too.

>Solar activity has been stable
No it hasn't, and co2 isn't by any means the worst

I ask for proof and you give me Al Gore

Al Gore is not proof, unless your argument is boring orators exist.

>Wrong
Confirmed retard

Increased business, more wealth based on government cronyism. Rich people stuff. That's what the global warming business is all about.

Imagine that you get money in the form of (((grants))), and if you don't tow the line that money disappears.

Should North America, Europe, Japan, and Russia get together and kill all of South America and Africa and pump those continents full of trees?

to be fair, we came out of a mini ice age 800 years ago
It would make sense that we're on the upwards curve

>has no argument
Confirmed retard

I feel it's coming. These high level of discourse and skepticism are fertile grounds for scientific breakthroughs.

>solar activity has been stable

not even in the slightest.

>where is the CO2 coming from
1.) CO2 ice deposits being released
2.)wildfires
3.)volcanic outgassing
4.)deep water ocean deposits being released through tectonic activity

>the graph shows it clearly

you dont understand how proof works with a scientific assertion. You either provide a peer reviewed journal stating what you have stated or your shut up.

>c:/run/CO2sunactivty_rebuttal.exe

not even gonna

CO2 concentrations used to be way fucking higher than they are now and there was plenty of life
I'm all for moving to cleaner energy sources so we don't all end up living in a smog filled shithole like China, but I have yet to see any evidence that human activity has had a definite, irreversible effect on global temperatures.

And speaking of China, as long as they don't stop pumping their air full of shit whatever we do to reduce emissions is a fucking drop in the bucket compared to their bullshit.

>>solar activity has been stable
>not even in the slightest.
Solar activity has actually been decreasing

Best post

I know, but that means it is not stable.

Source for pic?

>there was plenty of life
It wasn't human life
Humans can handle CO2 levels of up to 1000 PPM, and going above 800 PPM makes you dizzy and sleepy

Humans function best at ~300PPM

Except most of our oxygen comes from microbes in the ocean.

One more try for the scientific breakthrough of the century

> what is global greening?

There is now 16% more plant matter on earth than 30 years ago.

Literally an entire continent worth of plant matter.

> but... Muh 97% of scientists...

>come out of Sup Forums?
No. Just discussion of the scientific data released. Which, of course, all point to there being no sizeable impact of humans on the climate. Pollution, yes, but not climate.

you're delusional

He doesn't realize the video he is talking about was directed at the public narrative as it relates to climate change, not the scientific literature.

Africa is actually already near-capacity in terms of tree count.
Huge regions of Africa are savanna, which is a rather unusual biome to us in that it is a dotting of trees that will not naturally grow into complete tree coverage.

Africa can't be covered with trees unless massive alterations are made to the environment beforehand.

>global warming is real
No it isn't.