MDMA is about to approved for PTSD treatment

MDMA is about to approved for PTSD treatment.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-9huWlXFA1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good

Agreed.

I am happy for any improvement regarding drugs laws in this world.

i'm glad too, alcohol is the culturally approved drug of choice but i'd argue it's one of the least safe ones out there and really doesn't help anyone's state of mind

Ecstasy is a degenerate drug however I can see it helping people with a condition like this. It changes your life in a strange way.

psilocybin will be looked into also

No, it's not. They're starting another round of trials, it's not certain at all.

It's hopeful. I'm not against it, I think it has merit, for a lot of people. Others, not so much.

MDMA is not that harmful a drug to be upset or that concerned - but it's not a sure thing at all.

Unfortunately MDMA isn't exactly safe either. It comes with a lot of risk regarding brain toxicity, especially when taken regularly. I wish there was more PROPER drug education, instead of that "DRUGS WILL MAKE YOUR DICK FALL OFF" D.A.R.E. bullshit

what's a "degenerate drug"?

I was once given a course of ketamine treatment to treat depression.

Anyone against this is against the troops and thus not a real American.

CHECKMATE COMMIES!

did it work

This drug combined with therapy can save lives

>what's a "degenerate drug"?
What ever happened to the theory ecstacy permanently depletes some kind of chemical related to emotions from the body??

This is what I was told in the 90s.

Maybe. Not certain. It was the last treatment I ever took for depression, so there's that.

I did ket once. It was like I left my body and went to third person mode. weird shit

This is anecdotal but I was recently diagnosed with anhedonia and use to take two ecstacy pills just to get to sleep most nights. Drugs are bad kids m'kay.

well it makes your serotonin receptors go apeshit for a bit, after that it takes a while to recharge them. It doesn't permanently deplete them. But if you do it too often you may cause some damage to your brain

Can we be a libertarian board again

The way I was given the k, I never got to experience the actual feeling of the drug. First, an anesthesiologist would completely knock me out. Then, he would drip a ketamine dosage and let me sleep for a couple of hours. I remember being very foggy and relaxed afterwards, but that was it.

Get well soon.

how did you do that? doctors only ever give anyone ssris and the people who do prescribe it are the clinics that charge a lot of money just so they can be really lenient about giving it out

>NOT DOING YOUR OWN RESEARCH

faggot cuck bitch

i knew someone who i used to play world of warcraft with who had a multiple month long manic episode after taking mdma. it was really weird, he was basically functionally crazy for a few months

I received the treatment as an outpatient at a psychiatric hospital. I was only given the k after two years of weekly ect treatments has failed to ease the depression.

I doubt that was MDMA

I heard that rope is a good cure for im a faggot pussy syndrome

doesn't ECT have a chance to fuck you up and make you retarded?

legalization and controlled distribution is the answer my friend

what do you reckon it was then? are you just saying that in defense of MDMA because you believe it to be a 100% safe drug for everyone with no complications what so ever?

Retarded? I've never heard that. It kills short term memory though. That I can attest to. I remember almost nothing at all from that two years.

Ah damm, thats lame

no he's not saying that. One small dose of pure MDMA cannot do that much damage. It would have been some other chemical which is extremely likely because most MDMA pills aren't real MDMA

only like 30% of ecstasy pills contain actual MDMA

All drugs should be legal.

Glad I have PTSD!

No idea what it actually was, probably something psychedelic. Don't take untested pills ya'll.

I have never heard anything about MDMA causing manic episodes.

Not saying it's a safe drug, but I don't think your buddy's episodes were triggered by it.

this.

If you take "ecstasy" you're probably doing methadone, methamphetamine or any combination of unknown drugs and impurities.

This is why we need legalization. Ecstasy needs to be made in factories where the gov't can regulate shit, same as cigarettes and booze

Depends on the level. Most party people take MDMA doses 20 times higher than required to treat PTSD.

It is a bit like drinking 20 red bulls with 20 vodka shots, trust me, it will fuck you up.

mdma is like a credit card for happiness
cant use a credit card responsibly? dont use mdma

It's sort of like jerking off. It feels good but you can't too it too often otherwise it doesn't have the same effect. You need to let your body replenish its serotonin.

You're supposed to wait 2-4 weeks in between MDMA usage.

amazing

Dunno if any of you ever actually took the shit but if you did, you'd know that a person with PTSD who is CRASHING from it will almost certainly kill themselves, possibly violently, or get serotonin syndrome. The drug can't be taken in smaller doses and the tolerance threshold goes up quickly so unless these guys are magicians I don't see this ever being a good thing. And I'm completely against the drug war.

plz share your knowledge of which drugs in what doses are liable to trigger multiple month long manic episodes in people of unknown mental health backgrounds sagely drug master

i dont see why you consider it so unlikely, mdma alone makes regular people pretty fucking weird (even after) in the first place. in someone of an unknown mental health history how can you say NO WAY MAN, IT WASNT MDMA

people say the same thing about psychedelics, weed, etc when it's such an unstudied, gray area thing. some people can get real fucked up by drugs and have no way to see it coming. even weed is known to trigger latent mental health issues

the thing about legalize all drugs etc is that a lot of people have issues like that in the back of their head waiting to come out. people take psycewhdelics and start believing in magic afterwards, etc. and of course it never goes to a doctor who can publish anything on it because they're functionally crazy, not smearing shit on their face crazy

Agreed 100%.

Make drugs in factories. You never know what's in a white powder you bought off the streets, but you know what's in a taxed bottle of vodka.

Meth and heroin can be available by prescription for addicts. Put security guards in pharmacies.

Let people buy the drugs that they want. Free market will take care of it.

The war on drugs is only fucking up poor people's lives and costing taxpayers billions

I'm not caught up on the science but it must be pretty good to make the leap to an amphetamine.

It can destroy serotonin/dopamine receptors like all amphetamines. But I guess they're not giving them daily recreational doses so the risk of that is extremely low.

Thats why you buy mdma powder and not fake ass pills. Hard to fake pure powder.

And reagent test your shit. One slip of PMA or PMMA and its game over.

>what doses are liable to trigger multiple month long manic episodes

how the fuck should i know? i didn't know the guy or what he bought. But what i can tell you is that a small dose of mdma cannot do that.

feels good man

come back when it has been approved for breakfast lunch and dinner

actually you're supposed to wait 2+ months.

literally

party-tards don't take "SMALL DOSES" of mdma, so what's your point? they take probably like 5 times the dose t hat its currently in studies for

Maybe he's just one of those assholes who acts out for attention. Nearly everyone is.

But the nice officer told me if i inject two marijuanas my dick wpuld fall off.

I didn't say NO WAY IT WASN'T MDMA. Just that I doubt it.

Also while you can't always always see it common, everybody warns of doing psychedelics if your family has a history of mental illness. That's the reason why I don't do them.

Legalize all psychoactive drugs. whether they're degenerate or not a moral society should have the option, and of course say no.

My point is that your world of warcraft butt buddy thought he bought MDMA but actually bought a concoction of psychedelics or amphetamines because he has literally no way of knowing what was actually in the pill/powder.

Its almost as if you're denying that he didn't know what he bought

Almost every pill contains H also

is there such thing as a safe drug? every time I see drugs used in medicine it just makes the person worse off

The first time I ever took MDMA I realized the enormous potential it could have in the medical field specifically for PTSD. If administered in correct dosages and paired with psychotherapy, this treatment will change many live for the better.

LOL

H is waaay more expensive than MDMA. Why would they cut their X pills with more expensive stuff? basic economics. lol

Drugs alleviate symptoms, they aren't meant to solve the underlying mental problems. People who take them need to know that going in.

alcohol is really safe

It's not cheaper, but opiates make a lot of people sick and it would be very noticable. A ton of people would go to the hospital and the person selling would get caught in like a week.

>thoughts
This is not a legitimate format because it is the template of spam and facilitates sliding. When somebody accidentally posts something that looks like spam, we must call it spam.

This is anecdotal experience so it may not be generalized to everyone

>be 19 years old, 1st year of Uni back in '02
>Got into a serious car crash when I was 18, in the 1st semester of Uni, Pretty much got rear ended straight into an intersection and then got T-boned from both sides
>Luckily I was spared, I only left with some minor bruises and fractures, but the whole experience left me traumatized as if anyone else was sitting in my car they would have died

Yeah this experience pretty much fucked me up so hard, I was not hanging out with my friends, going to class or even smoking weed which I often enjoyed partaking in. Pretty much the whole world went dull, girlfriend was a real trooper though, she put up with all my bullshit and was there for me despite me being a depressed asshole.

>Summer of '02, buddy invites me and my girl to a "rave party" and gives us 2 capsules each, says its MDMA and it will get us fucked up
>Pretty much forced to come by my buddy and girl, because I havent done jack shit in over half a year

Oh man was the rave party good! I remember after taking the MDMA I actually "felt" again, something that was deprived of me for such a long time, and this feeling of love and happiness overwhelmed me, it was such a good time holy lol, even remembering it now gives me the goosebumps

>pretty much after this experience I was no longer a depressed faggot, which is awesome. So Im 100% for this to be used with people with chronic depression

They put trace amounts of H to get you hooked

There were killer pills in circulation in istanbul for a while. The pills were sold as extacsy but contained %80 H and killed most of the users in first consumption. It makes no fucking sense but it still happened

Behavioral therapy has always been required. A drug regiment should only be used as a last resort and always with therapy. People are just lazy and want a magic pill to make everything better and the medical community is more than willing to make extra money off of that.

They used to prescribe it to couples in marriage counseling in the 80s

>They put trace amounts of H to get you hooked

thats bullshit.also even if it was true you dont get hooked like that.you need months of daily use

Should we be trading PTSD for STDs?

My sister got paranoid schizophrenia due to that drug.
I can't approve.

She didn't "get it" because of the drug. It revealed a dormant disease that would have manifested itself later on in life anyways.

story?

sounds more like a mushroom or LSD badtrip

my gf's mother wants low dose MDMA in order to cure her low sex drive

that was a really weird talk.

Good news

what's with the (((Star of David))) on her upper back?

sauce?
link?

Sweet, where do I sign up?

i fought in the first big meme war too

>use to take two ecstacy pills just to get to sleep most nights

You can't be serious

That's only trueish for the US, rates in central and western Europe are much much better.

>D.A.R.E. bullshit
I agree with you, buddy. We should be showing stuff like youtube.com/watch?v=-9huWlXFA1s
Honestly more terrifying than soccermom lies.

>people with PTSD are depressed right? fuck it give them mdma that will cheer them up. we'll deal with the problems of mdma addiction and abuse as it occurs

yeah but thats the logic behind any psychoactive prescription drug form opiates for backpain to ssris for depression

modern society needs people that can work and be productive even if they are drugged to the teeth

It's about coming to terms with your traumatic experience through MDMA aided therapy not DUDE DEPRESSION LMAO.

>alcohol is one of the least safe ones out there
nigga you know fucking nothing about drugs

How does that work? You get doped up and imagine yourself at a rave with the Iraqi children you shot in the head, and you're all touching and grinding against each other while the therapist goes "oonce oonce oonce oonce oonce"?

MDMA got me feeling like a champion.

I wouldn't know the details of MDMA assisted therapy but I'm guessing it's like a shock treatment that can break you out of a self-reinforcing negative mindset and give you a different outlook.
The hard part should be translating that into a long term change through ongoing normal therapy.

MDMA cured me of most of my OCD symptoms.

It will fuck people up even more. Who is approving this? They should be fired.

It's not a shock treatment

I believe its supposed to break the barriers betwenen the patient and the therapist via microdosing,so the patient can speak more freely and express more easily

It's not like they have been testing this with positive results for years.

Man, I hope they legalize cocaine for depression and procrastination, shit would be da bomb yo. Also, I've heard ketamine can be used to combat suicidal depression. Man dem benzos are the shit for any stimulant crash(like cocaine). And yeah, boi mirco dosing on lsd, dat shit would be da bomb yo. Even try microdosing on pcp that surely must have some benifits, pcp is natty af. Man, we should be giving kids with adhd problems cannabis dat shit would calm them down, and it's natty so it can't be bad.

How come most of these MDMA therapy shill faggots all tend to be utlra neo hippie bullshit artists? This just seems like another drug fetish agenda(like weed culture).

Don´t get me wrong, im not anti drugs, but I don´t glorifying them like some of these neo hippies are doing.

T. 16 yr old that fell for propaganda.
There's decades worth of accounts to show its extremely effective in treating PTSD if used in a clinical setting.
MDMA is not neurotoxic in the measured doses a doctor would-be giving you

Megakeked

There's going to be a lot of burnt out ravers from the 90's who'll be very confused. And happy.