ITT: We discuss why solitary confinement is cruel and usual punishment

ITT: We discuss why solitary confinement is cruel and usual punishment.
I'll start
>Its essentially psychological torture

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only pussies fall to psyop, and we autists don't need company. Shit thread.

>books
>peace and quiet
>safe from beatings and rape
>no prison politics
>minimal contact with guards

yeah... sounds awful.

But you wouldn't have internet either. That means no shit posting, ever. No even autists would be able to handle that

keep wanking till they move you out

>usual

If I went to prison I would much rather be on my own if you give me some books to read and some vidya

No books are allowed in SC. You literally have to sit there

>Private space to jerk off

>>Its essentially psychological torture

If I ever ended up in prison, I'd take solitary over general population any time.

This, too bad you can't just ask for PC. It's GP for most, which means ass rape, because rape is okay as long as it is man.

Can't take away my cock in SC can they? Check mate

It's a normie punishment

Can anyone honestly read this pasta? It's just like someone smashed a fucking key board.

To what? Your imagination? What are you, some sort of magician?

If they gave me a computer I'd probably yell at them for disturbing me by bringing me food.

you can ask for pc... but shit will be 100 times worse if you do.

agreed

I did two months in solitary for an infraction.

Relaxed, fapped, worked out, and enjoyed my own cell free of negroids.

not too "cruel" if you ask me.

extended stays might be different, i guess. there should def. be a limit and before you say there is...there isn't. they'll just hit you with back to back infractions even if their facility does have a limit. i've heard of ppl doing years "behind the door" as we call it

No form of entertainment is allowed what so ever. You are only out of the cell one hour a day.
You'd jerk off knowing men are watching you? What are you, a faggot?

most of Sup Forums users are.

They should never not allow you to read books. If you destroy a book then you lose the privilege for a month.

The main issue is the lack of time signs. If solitary had windows for ceilings, they would have no mental harm.

I couldnt go 30 days without pol at this point id have no chance with nothing

>tfw you're living in self imposed solitary confinement

How is this not preferable to living with niggers and sodomites in genpop?

I would beg for solitary....

So you want to roast the prisoners alive?
You aren't, you're on Sup Forums.
You anons are underestimating this punishment. I don't know to spell this out, it is literal punishment. When it was first introduced in the early 1900s, even THOSE barbaric fucks thought it was too much, and got rid of it. The only reason its around is for profit, and thats fucked up

>literal torture

they give you a notebook or something, no?

Could write stories, manifestos, reason out things, plot, plan, read and write letters to prison groupies.

Much preferred over forced gang membership...or worse prison fates.

Although I do agree with you, I can't say for sure that there isnt a decent sized group here that would be able to survive such treatment.

You do know people don't die when exposed to sunlight, autisimo?

Looks comfy, not much different to my current living conditions. Would you still be able to go on pol?

murder and rape are cruel and unusual
the crime fits the sentence

Segregation or solitary confinement is not a violation of the 8th amendment. Inmates who go there typically want to be their since it provides safety and solititude. It is almost always used as punishment for inmates who are disruptive in the jail or prison but in my state it cant be used for more than a year consecutively.

It is also used to house the mentally ill who in most cases can't seem to figure out that they are there anyways.

No, you would not. At most you could exercise in that small area.

>sleep
>eat
>repeat
I live like that nigger.

Many folks end up hallucinating and develop schizophrenic-like symptoms.

A lot of the prisoners in solitary confinement are mentally ill.

It's absolutely unconstitutional.

I hope the Bureau of Prisons gets sued over it.

Jew

Mental institutions or psych wards are not much different. They have more rights but sometimes they need to be put there for safety and security reasons. Especially if they are suicidal.

>We went in to check on him and h-h-he somehow.... coated the entire room with semen.

> tfw it turns out I was voluntarily torturing myself for past 12 years

You have the internet though and that represents social contact through imageboards and you can keep your mind occupied by reading or watching videos, etc etc. Totally different life, wouldn't you say?

>Your imagination? What are you, some sort of magician?

Wizard actually...

Solitary isn't nearly as bad as people think it is. You can still talk to other prisoners that are in the same wing as you and you get books and things like that, it seems like people are under the impression that this isn't the case. If the confinement was pure 24/7 isolation then I would agree that it is torture but this is the case with solitary confinement.

It's a punitive measure and it's meant to suck. It where the bad prisoners go when they somehow can't manage to follow the law while in jail. If you take that option away from jail it's going to madness with no real way to separate the decent inmates who are just trying to serve their time and shitdicks who want to cause trouble.

Removal of god given rights.

I've been alone for the past 5 years as I have no friends and my parents moved out (but need someone to 'house sit'.)
I can do pretty much anything but leave. You get used to it after a while, biggest problem I had was my own voice.
>t. Basement dweller.

You still can sleep or daydream or jerk-off even without reading or watching videos. Not really different.
Personally i'd start remembering songs/books and making up conversations with myself about stuff.

I'm pretty isolation resistant, but I've gotta admit, I was in a cell like in OP for just under a day and it was more psychologically trying than I'd care to admit. After I got out I was more disoriented than I would have expected. The fact that they took my glasses, I didn't get fed or have any blankets probably didn't help.

The glass would act as a magnifying glass. The heat would kill them
What youre saying is unconstitutional. Also, what about nonviolent offenses?

>you want get raped by a Bubba in solitary
Why even commit crimes?

>won't

>Regular transparent glass would act as a magnifying glass

Continue to spew your retarded nonsense please. The effect you're trying to wrap your tiny brain around is the greenhouse effect. A simple air conditioning system would do the trick.

>year limit
which has been proven to be enough to cause serious mental harm
> Inmates who go there typically want to be their since it provides safety and solititude.
rarely
>almost always used as punishment for inmates who are disruptive in the jail or prison
Its overused and abused
>It is also used to house the mentally ill who in most cases can't seem to figure out that they are there anyways.
Wrong, it makes their condition worse. They should be in a ward, not isolated in a prison

>5 years
rofl you retard, sitting on your pc playing dota isnt the same as solitary confinement

sounds like an unnecessary cost

>>almost always used as punishment for inmates who are disruptive in the jail or prison
>Its overused and abused

Find a better punishment.

That doesn't look so bad. I guess some people need social interaction to survive.

>unnecessary

Maybe, maybe not. The entire point of this thread is whether or not solitary is cruel and unusual punishment, and part of that argument is the lack of sunlight. I don't know much to make an informed opinion on this to be honest.

It's not that bad until after the first week, your thoughts get really loud and you start speaking to them occasionally. I didn't do anything bad enough to stay much longer.

Sunlight isn't the issue as much as the lack of tools to have a rhythm. Read solitary confinement reports and the disallocation in time is the most reported and first effect described.

Go to jail in Connecticut then, u can get a Nintendo ds

are murder and rape constitutional?
did I mention nonviolent crimes?

>cruel and unusual.

Its for the safety of other prisoners.

Sounds like Heaven to me. Why is being around some idiot better?

General population is cruel and unusual. If you are in for non violent crime, say fraud, and are continually raped and beaten, how is that constitutional?
Our prisons are getting worse but I have seen US prisons that were Hue-tier. That is just morally wrong.

prison itself is torture. More people come out of prison with PTSD than the front lines.

I stay in my room all day sometimes I scream to myself and ramble meaningless words, the internet is the only thing that is keeping me sane.

This is self-analytical exposition where I imagine myself talking in third person as if I'm a main character but because I am so fat I cannot go outside so I am stuck here and I am too poor for a caretaker my neighbors think I am the crazy fat guy who stays in his room all day sometimes I can go out my room to get snacks, my mom brings me snacks I get lonely sometimes I cannot even masturbate easily, but I use my thighs sometimes to do the work, but solitary confinement should be torture because we need to socialize otherwise we lose our sanity because we need attention and internet is not enough!

I'm so lonely, I just want someone to say hello to me not online in real life not in video game in real life, not in chat room in real life, so lonely.

C/O here.

AMA

Yeah, not like they were fucked up to begin with or anything

>Catered meals
>Books to read
>Writing materials so you can also draw and work on a book
>Time to think about 'why am I still fucking up?'

Solitary is not really a big punishment.

What prison do you work at?

>lazy fraudulent pussy / 10

I wont say which one but its in TN.

burn in hell, please?

>implying we would not write Desu in blood in every inch of the cell.

Shitposting is a art

the second question would be. Why do we torture the mentally handicapped?

No need to be upset.

As I think about it, no entertainment is one thing but a loss for sense of time is what amplifies that issue because it presents time as this arbitrary infinity when you're unsure how much is passed and how much there is to go. Even if they gave you a clock it would be something to psychologically ground yourself, but they don't. Depending on the layout of a solitary cell; light or dark, if dark how much light bleeds in, dimensions, material makeup: I assume a concrete box on all sides would be more debilitating to the psyche; it could to an extent be classified as sensory depravation.

I think there could be a case for human rights to be made about extended sensory depravation being inhumane or an act of torture, because sensory depravation does fuck you up bad, perhaps only in a matter of days for many.

State, Federal, State private, or Federal private?

State.

Because Reagan thought mental institutions were cruel and inhumane.

Probably because he didn't want to go to one.

Sucks to be you.

Like most punishments in society solitary is geared towards the most common type of offender; Loud, social status minded, insecure, outgoing personalities.

Sitting in a room with only my mind to amuse to me is not an exceptional punishment.

Punishment? I've been alone in my room for months now. At least then I wouldn't have to leave my house for food.

>people support this
>do not support the death penalty

I do this to myself on purpose. Fuck interacting with people.

learn to meditate and prison will be the best thing ever butt raping aside

>You'd jerk off knowing men are watching you? What are you, a faggot?

Why are they watching me? Where am I gonna go? I'm jerking my meat. Sounds like they're the faggots desu.

If you lock a man up in a room with no entertainment and nothing else to do and he resorts to masturbation then its your fault for watching honestly san.
Obviously prisoners lose most of their puritanical mores after getting locked up anyways, given the high incident rape of manass sex.

This.

It's mental torture. It's like playing the same song 24/7 for years on loop.

A month or two is alright, but not for years on end.

I agree with extending solitary confinement for criminals.

Great pepe lynch those niggers

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ

Its really not that bad, lots of overtime, great benefits, i finish my degree soon ill be switching to parole officer.
Its a good footstep into actual law enforcement.

I did six months solitary confinement in Maplehurst prison. Their way of segregating you for this period of time is that once every week, you're allowed out into the yard for one hour of rec time.

If you're good. I was segregated due to some of the reasons/fears people in this thread have mentioned. I was worried about ass rape, nigger fights, and pecking order stuff. I knocked a guard out during my intake.

I got the shit kicked out of me daily for the first three weeks. Sometimes with the use of batons. One of my ribs were broken and despite that, I was refused medical. I got one half eaten meal four days after initially being thrown in, and then food came sporadically every few days after that.

After a long time, which I have no idea how long, they started leaving the lights in my cell off, and sealed the portal in the door so that I was in constant darkness. I don't know how long that went on, but it seemed like years.

I started to hallucinate while in the cell, and although you'd think that would at least break the boredom, it was morbidly and intensely horrifying. I could feel the hallucinations and darkness pulling at my sanity. It's a hard thing to describe, but imagine how it feels when you pull off dead skin from a sunburn. Like that, but inside your head.

When they finally turned the lights back on, it hurt my skin and I quietly wept for a few days.

I got my first hour of rec time 18 weeks after being put in.

All throughout my time in solitary, the closest thing to human acknowledgement that I got was when a new guard opened my cell and said "Fuck, wrong cell. Sorry." but for the rest of the time, they wouldn't speak to me, answer any calls for help, or even look me in the eye.

That whole experience damaged me as a human being, and I can't relate to people in the same fashion anymore. My wife tells me that I interact with new people like they're prey, or predator, and that everything I do or say in that setting is animalistic in nature.

>still able to sea, hear, smell, move
Could've been worse.

>that penis pump in the sink
nice

Hello, user.
Search your nearest Orthodox Church and call them, get the Priests number and chat with him. It'll help and open life up in so many ways. May God light your way.

TIL I am in solitary confinement AMA