San Jose, Nation's Largest City Without Fluoride, Finally Gets The Natural Mineral

We did it, fluoride bros!

>In a big win for Silicon Valley dentists sure to give them a wide, sparkling smile, a large portion of San Jose will begin on Monday to receive fluoride in its drinking water to help reduce tooth decay.

nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Smile-San-Jose-Nations-Largest-City-Without-Fluoride-Finally-Gets-Natural-Mineral-406013405.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dose_makes_the_poison
hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_relations_campaigns_of_Edward_Bernays#Water_Fluoridation
globalresearch.ca/poison-is-treatment-the-campaign-to-fluoridate-america/31568
youtu.be/JQIyYN0ZsSs
epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-10/documents/2011_fluoride_questionsanswers.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluorosis
hsph.harvard.edu/magazine/magazine_article/fluoridated-drinking-water/
youtube.com/watch?v=dWdk1yLcbuQ
hsph.harvard.edu/news/letters-in-response-to-is-fluoridated-drinking-water-safe/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fluoride is bad for you though desu

I was born there. Nuke it now!

Filter stock up

isnt flouride a fucking liquid/gas or some shit?

So is water.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

In water it's an ion.

>Natural mineral
as if there are other synthetic minerals out there
I like how they portray it in such bright light, while it is fucking toxic.

Fluoride is not naturally occurring in our bodies. The reason why some graphs suggest it is because we ingest it through toothpaste and water, but in a newborn whose mother drank normal water, you won't find it.

Fucking jews man

this must be the most retarded argument of all time.
Have you heard about Paracelsus my fedora friend? Go suck on the NaF rat poisoned jewish cock

IQ drop time!

>isnt flouride a fucking liquid/gas or some shit?
American education

WHY?

Vitamin C isn't naturally occurring in our bodies either, this is a fucking stupid argument from a non-country.

wheres my water filter?

Are you fucking stupid? The guy you quote literally coined this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dose_makes_the_poison

Which was the point being made with the water statement you fucking retard. That is why they have PPM thresholds. There are also groundwater supplies that have fluoride naturally occurring in them and have to have it reduced to safe levels.

fluoride gets dropped into the water simply because it's cheaper for factories to do so "safely"

big companies literally make deals to drop this shit into the water supply and make money off of it, we're being used to dispose of a byproduce chemical from big industry

He pushed it up so he could sell more water filters, the madman

>citation needed

Demographics of San Jose, California:

>White: 404,437 (42.8%)
>Black: 30,242 (3.2%)
>American Indian and Alaska Native: 8,297 (0.9%)
>Asian: 303,138 (32.0%)
>Other race: 148,749 (15.7%)

Why would dentists be in favor of something that makes less business for them..?

There is literally nothing wrong with fluoridated water, and no amount of blog posts from organicfoodsource.net or infowars videos will change my mind.

Fluoride kills the brain and makes you dumber than a tard.
hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
>filters must be bought

that's why it is classified as a Vitamin you dumb fuck
>Vitamins are organic components in food that are needed in very small amounts for growth and for maintaining good health.
>needed
which Fluoride isn't.

Every ion has it's own upper limit in water for various reasons. Na+ and Cl- because of the kidneys and ECV, K+ because of the arrhythmias, HCO3- because of the acidity, etc, but F- only has a threshold because of "welp you don't need it, but this dose i guess won't kill you...yet".
You see where i'm going with this? Fluoride isn't needed and is unexceptionally bad for your health

>non-country
My country has monasteries older than the fucking Christopher Colombus himself, so sit down

The same reason it's added to anybodys water.

It's an industrial waste byproduct that costs a fortune to dispose of properly.

>i really, really like fluoride

Isn't that basically poisoning the population?

Why is this legal?

Pretty much this.

It's a fucking byproduct

>My country has monasteries older than the fucking Christopher Colombus himself, so sit down

Holy fuck, you savage

Dental student here:
Tooth decay is literally impossible in the absence of fermentable carbohydrates. Fluoridation is a "public health initiative", meaning that it lowers decay in the population. In other words, people are too dumb or brainwashed to stop eating mostly carbs. I blame the government as much for the tooth decay issue, give then they demonized fat and push massive carb diets.

Again, the diet recommended by the US government would cause all of your teeth to fall out of your head before adulthood, leading to death by starvation if we didn't medicate people with fluroide. Rather than let traditional diets become the guiding principle, they just decided to medicate everyone in the cheapest way possible. Disgusting example of why governments will never hit upon the right solution.

Literally no one says you need fluoride as a dietary supplement, it is for your teeth. To get it to your teeth that way, they have to put it in the water so it gets into your saliva. They have been doing this here since the mid 40s, and have been researching it starting in the early 1800s. Over 200 years and no negative evidence other than kooks and conspiracy tards saying dumb shit. Show some real science. The benefits have been shown to far outweigh the slight negative of aesthetic risks, not to mention that it naturally occurs in places and they actually have to reduce it.

If there is a thing we need that we dont make it in our bodies, its called an essential nutrient of essential vitamin.

Flouride is not that.

Even if you count out all of the conspiracy theories. You can very simply make the argument that flouride in drinking water is a ridiculous idea.

> tooth decay is a disease
> fluoride has never been studied by the fda for being effective for treating or preventing the disease.
> It is being prescribed to people for treatment or prevention of a disease by people who are not doctors and without any dosing guides proof of positive effect or medical guidance.
> by any other measure this would be a felony that would send someone to federal buttrape jail
> so it should not be done, and any person saying it prevents tooth decay while prescribing it illegally for prevention of or treatment of a disease should be sent to federal buttrape jail.

qed

Opponents were memed as conspiracy theory tinfoil hat fags. They claimed they belived it was a russian commie plot to make us stupid. Its mentioned in the movie Dr Strangelove by the crazy general.

Yeah, everyone's teeth were fucking fantastic before then. You are either purposely ignoring the terrible dental problems of the past to try to be right or are really ignorant.

Fluoride has been proven to lower IQ.

There are tons of studies proving the efficacy of fluoridation of water. They have been studying as such for over 200 years.

In high doses, sure. Do you have evidence that the recommended levels do?

>In high doses, sure. Do you have evidence that the recommended levels do?
>you cook with it
>shower with it
>brush your teeth with it
>drink it
>wash your hands with it
ever heard of bio accumulation

fluroide defiantly fortifies teeth by creating fluroapitite, but you're correct in the general principle: it's not necessary since tooth decay can't occur without fermentable carbs.

It's equivalent to the government recommending that everyone live a life high in Punches to the Face, and then make sure everyone has an ice-pack, and then saying that ice-packs are good at reducing pain. The government is so caught up in its bad health science, it can't even see that carbs (getting punched in the face) might be what to focus on.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_relations_campaigns_of_Edward_Bernays#Water_Fluoridation

To get any more information than the 2 sentences on wikipedia you have to go to sites that have shit like world health truth in the url
globalresearch.ca/poison-is-treatment-the-campaign-to-fluoridate-america/31568

So what dose should newborns who are on formula should get?

How about if fluoride is so great I go buy my own, instead of having no say in the matter

link FDA study or policy approving flouridated drinking water for treatment of any disease.

protip: FDA does not even regulate this drug, it is regulated by the EPA

So, no evidence then?

Also, shower? Do you think you are absorbing it through your skin? You can't honestly think I am going to ask for evidence, then you just say a bunch of shit, then I go, you are right, that lack of any real scientific evidence is very compelling. That is how women argue.

So, no evidence either? Flouride is for children, not adults, there is no evidence it actually helps adults but it is helpful for children during their tooth growth years.

I didn't realize FDA was the end all be all of scientific study. Since this doesn't fall under their jurisdiction, it would be weird of them to be involved. Basically this is a flimsy argument cause instead of actually looking at the science, you want to whine about a government department involved, which is irrelevant to scientific studies. If you had actual evidence to the contrary, you would just post it and be done.

it's rather complex but there is an era in human pre-history where tooth decay was unheard of. This is gathered from the antrho-dental overlap. I recommend Human Masticatory Apparatus or How Anthropology Informs the Practice of Orthodontics. Contemporary "traditional" societies are also not plagued with tooth decay (or other chronic diseases of civilization). Caries just happens to be a very clear cut disease where it's not possible to get it if you don't have fermentable carbs in your mouth. The moment agriculture caused civilization to take off, decay has been a problem. That doesn't mean the best way to combat tooth decay is to medicate everyone in the population. It's possible to alter the diet to one that doesn't cause tooth decay. The mouth being a sensitive indicator of overall health, it's hard to imagine that a diet that causes all of your teeth to fall out (the current food pyramid) unless you take fluoride, is a good one.

im a diff user. i am just saying, that perhaps, like teflon, there are instances where bio accumilaiton can have an effect on the endocrine system.

the evidence for pro flouride salts in the water do not account for bio accumulation, i did not ask nor give permission for the epa to be my dr therefor they have no right to give the okay to put flourine in the water for my teeth

>I didn't realize FDA was the end all be all of scientific study.
FDA is the end all of what can and can not be perscribed as a drug. You are now aware flouride is a drug and is regulated by the FDA when it is sold in stores but not in the case of drinking water.

>drinking fluorine

y tho?

>tfw fluoride has been in the water supply since the 60s

Look at how this generation has it ex out.

>prevents tooth decay

Oh ok. Well as long as my teeth are clean, I don't care if fluoride blocks certain functions of my brain!

To be fair: given the sheer length of time and number of people who have been "dosed" with fluoride in their drinking water, if it were actually harmful, we would have observed the negative effects by now. An official FDA clinical trial couldn't have done it any better. We even have a control population - San Jose. Are people in San Jose equally healthy as compared to people from a similar city that has fluoride in its water? I would say that fluoride makes no actual scientific difference, since we haven't seen one over fifty years at least.

What's the difference between putting it in drinking water and just brushing your teeth regularly?

I drink stuff that's hard on my teeth, but don't feel the effects because I brush regularly enough.

What about the ethics? Is it morally acceptable to drug your citizens without them having a say in the matter?

Do you have proof they don't account for this or are you just saying this? You seem to assume scientists who spend their lives doing something, in this case for 100s of years over multiple studies, generations and people, all missed this simple shit that you came up with on Sup Forums? That is the definition of delusion of grandeur and the dunning kruger effect in action.

And? Did you have somewhere to go with this or were you just hoping to run on an irrelevant tangent unrelated to the topic at hand so you don't have to provide any evidence for claims you make?

not delusions, just reasonable questions. how does the environmental agency have they right to medicate the country?

how come when you go to the dentist as a kid they put fluoride directly on your teeth and tell you not to swallow it? if putting it in the water works why not just give you a pill? why does toothpaste say to call poison control if you eat it?

Well, there is no way we are going back to a pre-agriculture diet cause that isn't sustainable or even reasonable. Trying to get everyone to change their entire diet to some set diet that will reduce decay vs just adding some flouride and brushing teeth is not going to happen and you know it. The former being prohibitively expensive and would require everyone to change so much, it is just crazy.

>how do dosages work? the post\

The same way that you get xrays and the tech stands behind a lead wall and you sit with a vest on your organs, dosage.

Where the remaining 8%?

Who cares? Again, you are just trying to appeal to emotion instead of actually arguing the point. It is the tactic of the man with no real argument. They had about 150 years of study before they added it to the water, it doesn't get much more stringent than that.

Almost. Fluorine (chemical formula F) is a gas and a very strong oxidator - definitely not a chemical you want anything to do with.

Fluoride (F-) is an ion, I think they put it in drinking water as potassium fluoride (NaF). It's completely safe.

(just like how chlorine (Cl2) and potassium (Na) are both very nasty chemicals that you don't want anything to do with, but table salt (NaCl) is completely ok)

It does turn the frogs gay though so consume at your own peril.

I already made the point.

It is illegal to perscribe a drug for treatment or prevention of a disease without FDA approval unless you are a doctor.

EPA can regulate fluoride as an environmental pollutant (because thats what it is), sure, thats fine. But as soon as you say "this is being added to the water for preventing a disease" that is a felony. This is the only drug that is not held to this standard, if you put "helps with the common cold" on a bottle of vitamin C you would be prosecuted. It is at the very least unequal protection under the law if not literal conspiracy to commit medical fraud.

I don't think I know anybody who drinks city water.

It changes the way that your tooth enamel forms. It's not redundant with brushing your teeth. Brushing regularly without fluoride > fluoride without brushing, but both > either one alone.

youtu.be/JQIyYN0ZsSs
How do they keep getting away with it?

one of my favorite skits from the show

Again, so? If you have a problem with the EPA/FDA, take it up with them, we are talking about fluoride and the safety of it in the water, if you want to complain about policy, make another thread.

Most filters don't remove fluoride, Alex. Only reverse osmosis can do that.

How is it a win for their dentists?
Wouldn't dentists oppose it because worse smiles = more dental business?

It has caused the massive rise in ADHD rates. Im on a phone and cant be bothered to link the study but google it and you will see, it was a very strong study and the msm newspaper reporting on it interviewed harvard scientists not involved in the study who said its methods and findings were legit.

Are they reasonable questions? Have you looked into the studies to see if any of it was addressed or did you just ignorantly ask questions to muddy the waters? It is clear you already have a conclusion and want to try to fit your observations to match your conclusion. If you were trying to be intellectually honest, you would actually look somewhere other than Sup Forums, maybe somewhere with you know, research scientists.

this is pol, if you want to make this you can go over there and make another thread.

by the letter of the law, this is illegal and should be banned outright.

If you want to discuss how all fluoridation of water should be banned until FDA does a clinical trial testing its efficacy you're in the right place.

so why do I need constant exposure to low dose fluoride right to my liver every time I drink or take a shower when I'm applying a higher dose directly to my teeth every time I brush them?

F L U O R I D E
G O O D H E A L T H

>grew up with reverse osmosis well water on a farm entire childhood
>not a single cavity
>anecdotal tho

>>In a big win for Silicon Valley dentists sure to give them a wide, sparkling smile, a large portion of San Jose will begin on Monday to receive fluoride in its drinking water to help reduce tooth decay.
But why would dentists be happy about that? Wouldn't they make less money?

No, the institutionalization of masculinity in school-aged boys has done that. Any child who displays energy and a need for exploration outside of the stringent nine-hours-of-sitting-a-day school environment is "diagnosed" with ADHD and given a cocktail of various sedatives to keep them in line. It just so happens that these symptoms are synonymous with being a male child, and antonymous with being a female child. Thus, of course ADHD rates have skyrocketed, and correlation is not causation.

It's just as true that fluoridation of water in the US has caused the reduction of slavery, or the disappearance of Mediterranean pirates, or the fall of the Ottoman Empire, or the rise and fall of Communism. It has nothing to do with it, because San Jose has seen the exact same rise, and they never had fluoride.

The answer is THEY DONT, and they do not.
The EPA rightfully, and in accordance with their charter regulates fluoride as a pollutant.
It is administered by local municipalities as a medication, and it is illegal.

Technically you don't unless you are underage, it is more for children and there is no evidence to show it helps adults. But, there is no evidence to show any adverse effects from the dosage in water to anyone.

Also, as this poster said They already have a controlled population study with over 50 years of testing.

Fuck off shill how much are they paying you

There are no wide ranging studies where this is addressed

Flouride is the active ingredient in toothpaste, and yet consuming toothpaste is poison

And? There was a claim that the studies aren't accounting for something, when the claim was questioned for evidence, the subject was changed.

classic leaf, yea, big fluoride hangs out on Sup Forums with their massive fluoride money.

literally poison nazis put in the water of concentration camps. Makes you stupid and lack energy.

get fucked
1)
What is the current drinking water standard for fluoride?
The current enforceable drinking water standard for fluoride is 4.0 mg/L. This is the maximum
amount that is allowed in water from public water systems. It is set to meet the current public
health goal for protection against increased risk of crippling skeletal fluorosis, a condition
characterized by pain and tenderness of the major joints.
EPA also has a non-enforceable secondary standard for fluoride of 2.0 mg/L, which is
recommended to protect children against the tooth discoloration and/or pitti
ng that can be caused
by excess fluoride exposures during the formative period prior to eruption of the teeth. Although
water systems are not required to comply with secondary standards, for fluoride, EPA does
require that systems notify customers if the
average water levels exceed the secondary standard.
epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-10/documents/2011_fluoride_questionsanswers.pdf

THE EPA DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ACT AS A MEDICAL PRACTITIONER

Flouride is toxic waste runoff from factories.
The factories don't want to properly dispose of it, and spend money doing it.
So they SELL it and make a profit off useless toxic waste.
Which then is poured into your water.
It has no purpose being in the water.

>But, there is no evidence to show any adverse effects from the dosage in water to anyone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluorosis
the shill is now literally making shit up

Bonus: Harvard literally just published this
hsph.harvard.edu/magazine/magazine_article/fluoridated-drinking-water/

i agree see my other post

Not being argumentative, but can you post some sources?

You seem to have the right idea and I want to read more.

It causes brain damage and lowers IQ.

>so why do I need constant exposure to low dose fluoride right to my liver every time I drink or take a shower when I'm applying a higher dose directly to my teeth every time I brush them?

This is the reason why fluoride is put in our water:

In the 1940’s, during the Manhattan project, they were working on the enrichment of uranium-238 into weapons-grade plutonium in New Jersey. The facility that was doing this was releasing the byproduct of the process, fluoride, into the water table.

This caused widespread devastation of crops and human life. When the people of NJ came together to create a class-action lawsuit against the government, the government responded with a panel of ‘experts’, dental ‘experts’, that ‘verified’ that not only is fluoride not-bad for you, but it’s actually GOOD for your teeth!!

This worked out good for their crooked little crony scheme of having large amounts of toxic waste that needed to be disposed of, and also having more than enough sources of this shit: synthetic fertilizer producers included.

They even ‘buy’ this toxic waste from the makers of it!

But it should be noted that it’s not just any kind of fluoride being put into the water, no: it’s hydrofluorosilic acid. These days it comes from Monsanto and their benevolent fertilizer production, which is mainly in Florida.

>what is fluorosis
Fluorosis is tooth decay caused by fluoride. It doesn't help teeth it harms them.

Because after all, a bunch of westerners with relatively healthy pineal glands is a very bad thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=dWdk1yLcbuQ

BTFO

>Current EPA Actions
5) Why did the EPA decide to conduct new risk and exposure assessments?
In 2003, EPA reviewed the drinking water standard for fluoride and found that new health and
exposure data were available on orally ingested fluoride. EPA requested that the National
Research Council (NRC) of the National Academies of Science (NAS) conduct a review of this
data and i
n 2006, the NRC published their evaluation in a report entitled,
Fluoride in Drinking
Water: A Scientific Review of EPA’s Standards
. The NRC recommended that EPA update its
fluoride risk assessment to include new data on health risks and better estimates of total
exposure. The panel also recommended that EPA update its public health goal to be protective
of pitting of tooth enamel, clinical stage II skeletal fluorosis, and bone fractures, in addition to
the stage III skeletal fluorosis that is addressed by the current public health goal.
6) What were the findings of the new risk and exposure assessments?
These ris
k assessments consider new health effects data on skeletal and dental fluorosis and also
update exposure estimates to reflect current conditions. Data indicate that fluoride exposure
levels among the population have increased in the last 40 to 50 years resulting in an increase in
some effects on teeth. Based on the data presented in this report, it is likely that some children
are exposed to too much fluoride at least occasionally. The impact of the overexposure on the
risk for severe dental fluorosis in one or more teeth depends on the frequency and duration of the
overexposures.
EPA has proposed a reference dose (RfD) of 0.08 mg/kg/day for protection against pitting of the
tooth enamel (severe dental fluorosis) and concluded that this value is also protective against
fractures and skeletal effects in adults. The reference dose is the estimate of the daily exposure
that is likely to be without harmful effect during a lifetime.

And? We go back to dosages. Water is a poison if overconsumed as well.

hsph.harvard.edu/news/letters-in-response-to-is-fluoridated-drinking-water-safe/

You didn't actually read anything there, did you? They address all his points in the letters and his "proof" is merely a correlation, which is a weak form of evidence mocked frequently for good reason, correlation does not equal causation.

Distillation?

This. Fluoride comes with other fertilizer/aluminum byproducts, too, bringing heavy metals into the water.

>natural news youtube video, the ultimate proof to the tin foiler

And everything else aside what gave them the right to medicate everyone against their will?

Rat poison

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Nearly all higher quality filters get 99-99.99% of flouride removed. An example is Big Berkey (I own one)

they are estimating our daily exposure, which is retarded they have no way of knowing how much each person is exposed bc of:
>baths
>long showers
>jobs involving water
>drinking more water then average
>cooking every meal at home
>shitty infrastructure
AND
they even state its FOR SKELETAL AND DENTAL HEALTH
AND
>Data indicate that fluoride exposure
levels among the population have increased in the last 40 to 50 years resulting in an increase in
some effects on teeth. Based on the data presented in this report, it is likely that some children
are exposed to too much fluoride at least occasionally. The impact of the overexposure on the
risk for severe dental fluorosis in one or more teeth depends on the frequency and duration of the
overexposures.
get raped

Exactly. The "fluoride" put in water is in fact NOT fluoride, but toxic FLUORINE. Literally toxic waste runoff from factories.