CIA history

Has anyone else read this book? The CIA didn't lose credibility bacuase they never earned it in the first place.

>1948: Soviet Union is 5-7 years away from nuclear bomb.
>1949: Soviet Union detonates nuclear bomb
>China will NOT enter the Korean war
> Bay Of Pigs will kill Castro
>Vietnam Tet Offensive: USA caught with it's pants down
>Yom Kippur War: nobody is going to attack Israel
> Iran is not in a revolutionary or even a pre-revolutionary situation. Circa 1978
> Saddam has WMDs

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1992/05/21/world/director-admits-cia-fell-short-in-predicting-the-soviet-collapse.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

(((weiner)))

(This user was targeted for a drone strike)

Will Trump do what Kennedy wanted to do and "smash it into a million pieces?"

Go on

honestly why not? Obama can kill US Citizens with dronesand nobody gives a shit, so why the fuck not?

i literally cannot wait for this shit to go wide
also cannot wait for the term 'economic hitman' to enter the public lexicon

The CIA pretty much helps America by ruining other countries. That is their legacy.

The sooner y'all realize that all of government, including your precious Trump, is all bullshit, then you have my permission to die.

wtf I'm an anarchist now

wtf I hate society now

I've read it
I interpreted it the same way.
Literal retards

> 1992
>Responding to criticism that the Central Intelligence Agency failed to forecast the collapse of the Soviet system, its director, Robert M. Gates, today conceded shortcomings in the agency's analysis

nytimes.com/1992/05/21/world/director-admits-cia-fell-short-in-predicting-the-soviet-collapse.html

wtf I love pizza now

I, for one, welcome our CIA and NSA overlords, and would never do anything that would ruin their ruling

for a second there I was afraid nobody else on this board reads books senpai

Has anyone read All the Shah's Men?

CIA is a fucking monster. Why did they got so much fucking power?

read pawns in the game, godlike fucking book.

>1948: Soviet Union is 5-7 years away from nuclear bomb.

Ah, I was under the impression that was before the war even ended. Harry Truman had boasted about an ace in the hole to Stalin at the time, and Stalin played stupid about it.

>The CIA pretty much helps America by ruining other countries. That is their legacy.

Underrated.
Fucking captain chaos.

Does it have anything on the neo-cons in "Team B" in the '80s?

i.e. if satellite/U-2 footage showed that Russian air defence sites were decaying, it was "really" all part of a ruse by the Soviets to mislead the US about their actual air defense capabilities?

I honestly think that some Presidents that had good intentions have been influenced by the CIA to follow shitty policies unknowningly, based on flawed and wrong intelligence

Except those countries revolt, and then we embargo them.

Then we go full cuck and start giving gibs.

From what little I know the CIA mostly commits acts of injustice and evil around the world, and it is only pretend-justified by the idea that it secures American hegemony and prosperity, except all the times recently when it does the exact opposite with a cult-like, progressive (anti white jewish) fervor.

This. they are unscrupulous in their conduct. I can understand what they do and its importance (protecting the secret empire) but the things they do in the process (project pundit, mk ultra, operation northwoods, operation mockingbird, false flags) they are just cunts. If trump takes a nice bite out of them it would have already been worth the price of admission.

no I don't think so. But your post reminds me of US Airforce bases painting black aircraft shapes on their runways to fool overhead soviet satelites

CIA helps knock it down and the natives are forced to pay (((companies))) to build it back up.

the whole place has gone off the rails and now its questionable exactly who they report to and what actually goes on. It's gone sour. it needs to go. I'm fairly certain most americans have no interest in the empire as they see very little of its returns and the companies that actually benefit barely even pay any taxes to the federal government.

(spying on members of congress, black sites, un-audited black budget,...) and that's just what i can recall from my limited knowledge. There is a real question to be answered about is the CIA actually accountable to anyone and do we really know what exactly it is that they do? I think when people find the real answer to both these questions they will come to the natural conclusion that this agency has gone rogue in a sense and needs to be dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up.

CIA - supported the Guadalajara Cartel in the 1980s for drug trafficking. When this cartel disbanded, a dozen Cartels sprung up everywhere, many still exist. CIA allowed drug cartels to be an accepted method of obtaining huge power/control in Mexico. Not to mention drugs are bad.

CIA don't give a fuck about anything, CIA mas locos

yeah yeah cia drug shippments at mena,AR
totally forgot

wtf I'm Ron Paul now

yeah, when they are spying on and monitoring the people that make the laws.... that should be the ultimate red flag.... what does democracy matter when people with unfavorable opinions get forced out of political life.

Now its just the CIA ruining its own country
What good has it done in the last 40yrs? it couldnt stop jack shit

wtf day of the rake now

>The CIA didn't lose credibility bacause they never earned it in the first place.

I really appreciate a concise review. Most book reviews are just terrible drivel.

Thanks.

This, even more than missing the Iranian Revolution entirely, the CIA failed to see the Soviet Union collapsing until it was basically well underway. For how highly educated CIA people are, they don't have a very good feel for current events.