What does Sup Forums think of upcoming Nolan WWII movie "Dunkirk"?

The British and French are surrounded by Germany's Wehrmacht in 1940, and they have to escape.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TW-pw4rRvUI
youtube.com/watch?v=rPOCY02LXxg
youtube.com/watch?v=HPE3UlJdAAA
youtube.com/watch?v=QijbOCvunfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>another fucking WWII movie
Does this shit even make money anymore?

yes

>Memento
Don't believe lies told through snapshots IE History

>Batman series
Tons of redpill + conspiracy sketchy shit around these movies

>Inception
How to brainwash

>Interstellar
The true nature of the universe

>Dunkrik
Redpilled WW1 movie? Possible career/life ending?

Probably will unite Europeans

Fury made over 200 million
Unbroken made over 150 million
Hacksaw Ridge has just passed 100 million
Allied has made 80 million plus

So the answer is yes

Reminds me of that time 10,000 German civilians and auxillaries tried to retreat and the Soviets killed them all.

>Dunkirk
>WWI
Now this is American education

*WW2 movie not WW1

i hope it will be good and not catered to the dumb and the easily pleased.

epic troll my dude

Cant wait to see it.

Hitler let the British escape because he respected their race. I wonder if this will be reflected in the movie. (it won't)

If it's objective and not overly political retardation I'll enjoy it. I want to see a movie about the push to France and the following encirclement at Dunkirk and the emergency evacuation and great show of patriotism by the average Brit to get their boys out of there with any vessel they could muster. I don't want some cheesy lefty political message that always sneaks into fucking everything.

>they have to escape.

Hitler let them go even though they were surrounded because he respected the British and wanted peace.

youtube.com/watch?v=TW-pw4rRvUI

So what are some good war movies?

enemy at the gates

blackhawk down

lord of the rings trilogy

battle: los angeles

This is a meme, he personally halted his generals because he irrationally feared a trap.

just another shitty american WW2 movie sponsored by (((them))) M-MUH 6 GORRILION!!!!

Going to be interesting to see a major motion picture about the almost forgotten pre-Normandy part of World War 2, and as a military history enthusiast, I really want to see the vehicles and uniforms and equipment of that period, and I think Nolan has a personal interest in it, to make it good.

But I also bemoan the fact that this is yet another missed opportunity to cover the Eastern Front, which absolutely dwarfed anything else in scale and has not been given a proper treatment because the Jewish studios have a hatred of Germans as well as Russians.

Nah the wehrmacht thought that their panzer divisions would get flanked or cut off and encircled. 80% of Germany's infantry were not motorized at this time, so they had to catch up to the progress made by their mechanized and armored divisions.

Generation Kill . It's a series but it's the most real

Saving private ryan
Apocalypse now
Lone survivor
Restrepo
The good the bad the ugly*
Rambo trilogy
Missing in action series
Braveheart
Kingdom of heaven

*classified as such because there is a battle scene where the good and the ugly blows out a bridge to stop both sides fighting

Band of brothers - also a series

nah he wanted his luftwaffe and its Göring to get the glory, seeing the wehrmacht winning too much in france already completely outside his expectations

Sorry your country hasn't produced anything relevant in centuries.

I thought Nolan made enough money from his boring ass flicks to go away.

the dude lacks

What was the batman conspiracy stuff about? I know TDK made some references to NSA surveillance, but what else?

It stars Harry Styles so expect it to do pretty damn well with the teenage girl market.

Nolan's films are dope as hell.

BRAVO NOLAN

Back to Sup Forums

that's what i learned in history class too

checked

GO GO MR. TOAD!

NEVER FORGET

THE ARYANS SHOAHED 6,000,000,000 ANNE FRANKS

YOU ARE ALL WHITE BIGOT RACIST SEXIST CIS SCUM

>Nolan's films are dope as hell.
must be over 18 to post on this board

Interstellar is insanely good.

>and they have to escape.

So they withdraw in reasonably good order to Dunkirk, Hitler never orders the Panzer divisions to push them into the sea, and they leave tons of Frenchies and equipment behind to escape in a hilariously incompetent convoy made up of military ships and civiliian vessels, including one captained by the highest-ranking officer to escape the Titanic disaster, Lightholler.

you read the personal memoirs of german generals who were there at the time in history class? sounds better than mine

When we talk about the "red pill" our standards are often too high. All that would be necessary from Nolan is to portray the two wars as the events that toppled the West's hold on the world and doomed our civilization.

Looks neat, will probably watch.

i was lucky to get a history teacher who enjoyed history

Interstellar lost it when they tried explaining what a black hole was and how to get the info from one. Generic as fuck science talk.

You mean... Anglo are the real surrender monkeys? How come !?

Hacksaw Ridge is a masterpiece and you should pay to see Mel Gibson's new tour de force.

Finally someone mentions it.

Band of Brothers is probably the best WW2 film our there, bar none.

youtube.com/watch?v=rPOCY02LXxg

You're all correct. 24-29 minutes explains all these.

youtube.com/watch?v=HPE3UlJdAAA

will we see hitler?

BoB is good, but its not a film.

In the vein of war movie series, Generation Kill is amazing too

Nolan is a talented and sophisticated elseworld version of Sup Forums as an entity.

Nolan revealed some heavy ass shit in TDK trilogy. In fact it's an entire fictional cliff notes version of redacted history of the US from the past 100 years.

We're now at "Dr. Pavel I'm CIA". Watch that scene and listen to the dialogue and representation of Bane and see if it's not comparable with moments in flux right now.

Getting bogged down in, like, PHYS101 shit when the film is about time-traveling humans who lure some engineer into a black hole so he can save humanity by moving dust for his daughter is dumb as hell.

BoB does a great job of showing American war crimes and atrocoties

>>Dunkrik
>Redpilled WW1 movie? Possible career/life ending?

jesus you are fucking stupid, lurk more faggot

You memeing or serious?

Because that's one of the biggest lies I was told in school--many French left on the boats, but many more either had to stay or were brave enough to volunteer to be left to German mercy while the clusterfuck "let's drive trucks into the sea to make a pier after we sink this American WWI destroyer to make a breakwater" plan was going on.

Thankfully Walter Lord's "The Miracle of Dunkirk" cleared a lot of this shit up for me. Read it if you haven't. He wrote the authoritative Titanic book "A Night to Remember" too.

no one plays nice in war, user. PoWs are shot and killed all the time. no one has NOT done this.

heck in WW1 Canada had a nasty reputation amongst the brits and germans for being the most cruel against captured germans

As a physics major, it was definitely hard to watch. I agree.
>gravity can travel through time
I audibly gave a WTF in the movie theatre.

Nolan is the best director of all time. There's no way this movie won't be good.

a recent one... 13 Hours

Reminds me of that time where Germans bombed Stalingrad and London with no regards for civilians.

They are going to make it seem like a miracle when in actual fact the Germans let them go as a peace offering to Churchill so an alliance could be formed to face the real enemy Communism. Ended up being a tactical mistake. Nice one my fuehrer.

There's no way in hell Nolan will beat vid related. This entire scene was done in a single take.
youtube.com/watch?v=QijbOCvunfU
Seriously watch the entire thing. It's so good.

I wanna see a good eastern front movie. No major falsehoods or love stories, just krauts and reds killing each other

>Still can't watch band of brothers because the intense violence is off putting.
Some day I'll watch it.

Sandy Hook(the place) is also nearby one of the Pizzagate pool party locations where the email went into detail about their ages and how they will provide entertainment for the adults. Sick shit in that world.

Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter is pretty good. Generation War in english, but you want to watch it in the original german

That guy in the cargo pants was actually a CIA operative the whole time

I'm memeing.
Just thought it was funny that for once someone knew that maybe, just MAYBE, fleeing back to England don't mean your are brave in any way. Maybe France wouldn't have surrender if we had to island to retreat too. Just maybe.

Reminds me of a time when it was war, not water pistol fights.

I hate fucking WW2 movies. Time to move on subject-wise.

France had an entire continent that they lost because they were dumb enough to think positional, trench warfare still mattered despite also having the largest tank force in the world.

hacksaw ridge

Total respect for your situation in WWII. Fucking Belgians, right?

kys fagot

The Martian was apparently pretty accurate and was also boring as hell. I'll take time traveling dust movement over Perfect Scientific Accuracy.

Hacksaw Ridge just came out. Based Mel Gibson directed it.

Flags of our Fathers/Letters from Iwo Jima. Two movies shot side by side by Clint Eastwood. The former showing the US side of the battle and the latter showing the Japanese side.

Stalingrad(1993) Great German film.

Kingdom of Heaven(Directors cut!)

country*

It's one oft he most intense wars to ever occur.
Besides, no man could watch the horrors of WW1.

come to think of it...yeah it does

>spiers annihilating surrendered germans with his tommy gun after giving them cigarettes
>i cant think of others of the top of my head, but im sure there are others

>the belgae fucking the rest of the gauls in treachery
kek. history forever repeats itself

as long as the cast is all white it's probably gonna be fine

The Martian was far from accurate... There is no wind storm that powerful on Mars. There's NO AIR on Mars. I won't deny they were okay movies, but they begin to get ridiculous after a while because when they start spouting sciency stuff it's generic like every other shitty sci-fi movie on the sci-fi channel. Last real anything with something that made sense was Stargate Sg1, at least it wasn't generic.

>decreasing box office totals
But nah, its Christopher Nolan it will do good in the box office

Will probably be too long and over dramatic like every other christopher nolan movie

The jew in the show loots Germans.

>Dunkirk
>WWI
American education everyone.

Why watch movies for verisimilitude?

BETTAH BE SUM AFICAN KANGZ IN THIS MOVIE WHITEY

Nothing to see unless you're into bluepills.

>hurr durr, another evil Germany movie

American war crimes are nothing compared to the germans and japanese.

Right but all you retarded neo nazis here love to spout how the germans were just good boys who dindu nuff which is absolute trash.

oh yeah and he and some other guy go to a german commander's house near the end of the war and shoot him in the back as he runs away

Because I like to watch movies. It doesn't stop me from not liking them, though. Some are good, others are bad, and a few are so-so. The Martian and Interstellar are both so-so movies to me, everybody is entitled their own opinions. You gave yours, I gave mine.

>not pr team doing not pr things advertising ww2 movie on a board obessed with ww2 even though the board users are largely dissillusioned by most modern media
are you sure you are doing a good job?

>American war crimes are nothing compared to the Germans
Ever heard of Dresden Bombings. Fucking moron.
Jap war crimes were against chinks, which no one even the chinks gives a fuck about.

>black people didnt fight in WW1

canadian logic

>civilians had it comin

Glad hes done with the super hero shit