Okay, here's something that's been bothering me. People used to say all the time "land is cheap" and years ago...

Okay, here's something that's been bothering me. People used to say all the time "land is cheap" and years ago, it kind of was, but now empty land and buildings are expensive as fuck. People will literally sell a house that's almost certainly going to be buildozed next year for $29,000 FIRM. Empty lots on the edge of town of less than an acre can be $20k-30k+ - and this is in a small town I live in. But I've noticed it's not much different anywhere else in the country. I've looked at land in places where land is GIVEN away for free, and there's always some shitty catch and when there isn't the land is STILL the same fucking high price, empty or constructed. What the fuck is going on in america that property owners would literally rather hoard property and ask 5x what the shit is worth and just wait for it to be bulldozed if they don't get what they want and then STILL charge far too much for the bulldozed land (yet cutting their profits in half anyway) and STILL not sell it? I don't understand this behavior. What the fuck is causing it? I've seen people claim all sorts of bullshit for why this is, but they're all wrong. They claim things like zoning laws (we don't have zoning laws here and it's the same as everywhere else), the housing market uptick (nope, the prices were already high as fuck in 2008), or other stupid shit. Even in FUCKING DETROIT those houses they sell for $1 have thousands in back taxes and would take many more thousands to make anything of them. Yet, again, Detroit is content to just allow the city to disappear, rather than charge sane prices for anything. And for extra stupidity, all of this is going on during a homelessness epidemic.

WHY???? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON??

Other urls found in this thread:

landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct=R&type=13,12;268,6843&pn=1000&px=5000&sort=SZ_D&pg=4
youtube.com/watch?v=zifxuH2NiKc
youtube.com/watch?v=1pYSsME_h7E
landwatch.com/Coconino-County-Arizona-Land-for-sale/pid/25017513
fortune.com/2016/01/11/real-estate-bubble/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The same reason people sell $500 shitty cars for $1500 because they just put $1000 into the motor to fix it.

People are retarded

This is a trend though. It didn't used to be this bad. Empty land at the very least used to be much cheaper than this.

Stupidity and greed are the only things I can think of. Detriot is a good example. They just allow it to disappear like you said, like morons because they're too greedy to charge a nice fair price and keep it.

People are greedy and dumb and would rather lose it if they can risk fooling someone into paying more than its worth.

The city needs to disappear. Detroit has the sprawl to support 2 million people with a population of 700,000. You can't collect enough property taxes from 700,000 people to keep the infrastructure up to date in a city as large as detroit, especially when half of the population is dindus collecting gibs.

People need to move close to downtown and the blight needs to be bulldozed.

Also, 29,000 is cheap. Its not raw land. It's connected land (connected to utilities, sewer, etc) and zoned appropriately. If you want cheap land, you have to go way out in the country.

I know that's the reason. The entire midwest seems to be like that. It's one of the worst places in the country to live, yet prices are charged for everything exactly the same as they are anywhere else in the country, except for truly expensive places like NYC or Hawai'i. But how did it get this bad?

>You can't collect enough property taxes from 700,000 people to keep the infrastructure up
I think Detroit will vanish as a city. Same with many midwestern towns. Most of Ohio looks like post-soviet eastern Europe now. It didn't really look that bad even 10 years ago. Now the number of buildings bulldozed a year in the town I live in is truly phenomenal. On one block close to me, they've bulldozed 4 or 5 buildings in about the past 5 years. 3 of them all just last year. It's actually accelerating. My town now looks like mini-Detroit. When I was a kid it was NEVER like this. Something insane is happening.

>Also, 29,000 is cheap
You don't understand. The only time a property is sold for that amount is if it's like 1/4 acre empty land, which is far too much for that or if the house is LITERALLY going to be condemned and bulldozed in the next 5 years.

>blight needs to be bulldozed.
But the blight is spreading. It's not just a natural phenomenon. This is recent.

>If you want cheap land, you have to go way out in the country.
Nope. Land is about 2-3x as expensive in the country. The same sort of house that would be for $25k and obviously falling in would go for $49k in the country.

I'm talking about RAW land. You are underestimating how much money it costs to get a piece of property on the grid and zoned for construction.

Our whole system has been gamed to make everyone poor so we can't resist NWO takeover.

Sounds like bullshit but that's the short version of it. Economic consolidation has been happening in force since '71.

any city that only has one industry is screwed, and that describes the entire midwest. the only cities that aren't screwed are cities that attract a wide variety of people with a wide variety of skills. no one ever grows up and says "one day im going to move to cleveland"

i don't know whats going to happen to the millions of people that still live in those places.

wiser cities are doing this:

>identify areas where a few abandoned crappy houses are blighting neighborhood
>eminent domain their ass
>demolition
>divide the land between neighboring houses
>responsible homeowners get bigger yards/higher property values
>city gets more property tax

Instead of building training rooms and shit, the govenment should just buy these houses and let SWAT/US military use the area for urban ops training.

The increase in police/military presence will also flush out the gangs.

Everybody wins.

I don't think you quite understand real estate OP.

Even raw land isn't cheap now. If you think it is, find me some. I've looked at land in fucking Alaska, and they want just as much if not more as zoned land in the midwest.

I think this post made me realize something. None of this is related to anything real. It's just the temporarily embarrassed millionaire mentality. People remember that only 15 years ago everything wasn't so shit. They now live in basically early 20th century villages, but they're still thinking like it's the 21st century in them. It's not and they can't deal with that reality, so they just hold on to old paradigms and think everything is worth more now because that's what they've been taught. I think this single factor is what's propping up housing and land costs.

>i don't know whats going to happen to the millions of people that still live in those places.
They're going to keep getting poorer, moving to cities, committing suicide or dying of old age. Period. There aren't many alternatives. Most small towns are going to disappear and it's the unwillingness of the resident land owners' fault for not being able to deal with reality.

real estate market is manipulated so (((they))) don't lose their investment, silly

/thread

You're just an ignorant nigger that doesn't understand that the "same" piece of real estate costs different amounts in different locations. You have a provincial opinion of how real estate should work because you live in a small town. Ultimately, you don't understand the basic premise of land ownership and wealth and should delete your thread before you become embarrassed enough to kill yourself.

What kind of "land" do you want OP, it makes a difference. Do you want a residential property? Commercial, agricultural?

You can buy an empty lot in a developing subdivision generally pretty cheap. Its building the house and accessing infrastructure that's expensive.

>"wiser cities"
You act like this is some brilliant strategy. This is just business as usual. Everyone does this. It just didn't used to be necessary.

>divide the land between neighboring houses
Now that I've never heard of. Where is this done?

>Instead of building training rooms and shit, the govenment should just buy these houses and let SWAT/US military use the area for urban ops training.
Lol it's funny because it's sad. This reminds me of that idea to make a zombie apocalypse theme park in Detroit.

Enlighten me. That's not hyperbole. Seriously, explain.

You mean landowners? Yeah, I know. Any pleb can appraise a property's true value. But everyone factors in shit like "oh well it has water and power infrastructure" as if that counts for shit when the property is in the middle of a god damned dumping ground and third world hellscape. What a real estate agent appraises is based off of what USED to be logical. For some reason agents NEVER seem to grasp how strongly location and local circumstance ACTUALLY effect the value of a property. A property can theoretically be worth $100k but if it's located on a block of run-down and bulldozed lots in a town that's losing population, that property is NOT worth $100k in real terms (someone actually buying the fucking thing).

You know what, I've had a think about your comment and I'm beginning to think it's realtors who don't understand real estate. Not anymore anyway. This is a new, shittier world and their calculations don't work anymore.

$100k is not a lot for a functional house on a decent plot. You can get that price and cheaper all over the midwest and south

But it doesn't. You're wrong about that. I can find the same rent in my state as in California. What you don't realize is that I've looked at property in many different states and there is very slim variance. The only two real outliers are NYC and Hawai'i and any super wealthy sections of any state.

>You have a provincial opinion of how real estate should work because you live in a small town.
Listen to this fucking cunt. He thinks he's mythological aristocracy. Settle down their fag. You're claiming knowledge far beyond what you actually possess. If you'd actually done as much hunting for land, housing and rent literally all across the entire country as I have, you'd know you were full of shit.

Literally any. Empty land with no infrastructure for nature preserves, empty land WITH infrastructure for building, rentals in city or in the country, you name it. My budge is a bit low, but otherwise the type of property is almost not important. I am NOT interested in buying houses in town though. The lots always suck. I'm not looking for commercial or industrial property. And agricultural is fine, but that zoning isn't super significant in real life. You can whatever you want most of the time with "agricultural" land and they just change the taxation category. At least that's how it is around here.

>You can buy an empty lot in a developing subdivision generally pretty cheap
Remove this cancer from my sight. Mcmansion fags must die.

That IS a lot for someone who isn't a professional "developer" (property jew).

>If you think it is, find me some
nigga, landwatch has shit going for less than 2500$ an acre. you didn't even google this stuff.

>The only two real outliers are NYC
I need to amend this. I mean basically the entire Northeastern Seaboard region.

That's EXTREMELY rare and you and I both know it.

>EXTREMELY rare
>landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct=R&type=13,12;268,6843&pn=1000&px=5000&sort=SZ_D&pg=4

there are pages of cheap ass land. poor people do what you are trying to do all the time. its why there are so many mobile homes out in rural areas.

you can get a plot, septic, well, power hook up, and single wide "manufactured home" for less than 60k if you go super cheap about it. is it your first day being poor?

Also, most of those $2,500/acre lots are an absurd amount of acreage that's going to cost you in the millions of dollars.

But it does you faglord. Why do you think a shack made of pallets on the coast of California goes for $500k?

Because land is a finite resource in places people most want to possess it. They're not making any more of it.

If you're in middle America like I am and you appear to be, things are less severe, but even then a house "in town" costs at least 2x what a place on the outskirts (>15 min from the Wal-Mart) costs. Because people will pay more to be

>For nature preserve
Gonna cost an arm and a dick

>With infrastructure
There's a reason prices are higher for this type of land

>Rentals
If you're talking about owning a rental property, then, yeah. It's going to get really fucking expensive.

Realistically what you want is a piece of undeveloped land in the country, where you literally own a plot of dirt and weeds. Then you might understand what it takes to turn that into a usable piece of property.

Also,
This guy fucking nailed it.

you're full of shit. i'm looking at pages of 1-2 acre parcels for 2500$-5000$

can you not even input search settings?

>Poor people have $60k
I'm not sure what you consider poor, but that's sure as fuck not it.

>landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct=R&type=13,12;268,6843&pn=1000&px=5000&sort=SZ_D&pg=4
OR as you've shown, they're lots that are so fucking far from civilization roads don't even connect.

Why not the southwest? Alot of land out west has not been touched. Even northern idaho

>Why do you think a shack made of pallets on the coast of California goes for $500k?
It doesn't, you fucking retarded conservative idiot. I can find resonably decent apartments for rent for $500 right IN San Diego. I fucking know because I've looked. There were only TWO places in America I couldn't find cheap, decent housing and they were, again (and if you fuckers actually did research instead of shooting off your mouths you'd know this) Hawai'i where $800/month will get you a literal cockroach infested shack or the Eastern Seaboard where everything is pretty outrageous, especially in NYC.

>Because land is a finite resource
And that would be important, except...
>in places people most want to possess it
Nobody's fucking buying it, dumbass. That's literally the entire point of this thread.

>If you're in middle America like I am and you appear to be, things are less severe, but even then a house "in town" costs at least 2x what a place on the outskirts (>15 min from the Wal-Mart) costs.
I don't know where you people keep getting this retarded shit. Country housing costs at least double anything in the city center if it's a small town. The opposite is true of large cities though.

>But people are gambling (maybe incorrectly) that it won't and that property will be worth WAAAAAY more eventually.
But they're doing that everywhere and have been for a decade now. The gamble isn't paying off. Cities are literally vanishing. People need to stop gambling. It's obviously not working.

>but in 50 years when """town"""expands out
Lol this may never happen again.

>You've been fooled by HGTV that all real estate is the "house flipping" short game. People that can see past their next paycheck are playing the longer odds and planning not only for their own but their generations-later family's future.
I wouldn't consider entire communities vanishing to be "just an illusion".

Potato.

>OR as you've shown, they're lots that are so fucking far from civilization roads don't even connect.

you aren't even fucking trying to look faggot. you are expecting people to spoon feed you shit. you act like you've been through this whole ordeal of looking nationwide for land when you haven't done even the most basic research. should i be your personal land agent and send you links until you find something that pleases you? fuck off.

>Gonna cost an arm and a dick
Well what doesn't, honestly?

>There's a reason prices are higher for this type of land
Oh I get that. And in a country that wasn't in freefall that might matter. But in ACTUAL ON THE FUCKING GROUND REAL LIFE this DOES NOT play out and realtors and landowners don't seem to be capable of grasping that fact. I don't care if your fucking electrical work and plumbing has a century warranty. If it's in the middle of fucking Gary, Indiana the value of that property is how much you can PAY someone to take it. Infrastructure is not the only consideration in property value. It's not even remotely the most important one anymore. People just can not come to terms with this fact.

>If you're talking about owning a rental property
No I'm talking about living in a rental when I'm talking about rent. But yeah, rentals are terrible to buy and being a landlord is a fucking nightmare.

>Realistically what you want is a piece of undeveloped land in the country
Yes, this or a small house in the country on a large parcel for a reasonable price. Of course good luck finding it.

>Then you might understand what it takes to turn that into a usable piece of property.
See, this is exactly the mentality killing the real estate market. "I put X work in so this property located in the ghetto is obviously worth a million dollars". Property is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. PERIOD.

Yeah and where are all of them? Remote areas of Idaho or Texas with no road access and shit weather nobody wants to buy. And even those are pretty rare. I've used the site before. Nothing looked even remotely attractive.

I want to live in the East preferably. I want forest and prairie, ideally. I don't want to buy land in the desert. I realize that's only going to increase the cost of land.

Yeah and there's a reason for that. The climate is brutal and the land is shit. There's a good damned reason that these properties are available at all for these prices in rocky mountain and steppe states. They're not worth buying. Although I will admit, a lot of that could be used for nature preserves. I just want to build them in the East where we have so few good ones.

>you are expecting people to spoon feed you shit
That's not even what this thread is about, you moron. And I've used that very site before. I've rejected most of that land AS HAS EVERYONE ELSE. It's cheap (and uninhabited) for a reason.

>Nothing looked even remotely attractive.

you wanted cheap buildable land. there is indeed cheap buildable land and despite your cursory examination of just one website, its in plenty of other places than texas or idaho.

if you have a bunch of other needs besides cheap and buildable, then it is disingenuous to say that there is no cheap land in the US.

>you wanted cheap buildable land
You're sort of half right. Land like you've suggested would fit PART of what I'm looking for - specifically nature preserves, because it's located in the range of many large animal species and nobody wants to live there. It gets nearly a 0 for buildability though.

And if what you suggest is true, why is there no massive housing boom in these remote mountain state areas? Surely this land is a bargain! Do you think you're the only person to have noticed this land existed? It's uninhabited because it's mostly uninhabitABLE

>I can find resonably [sic] decent apartments for rent...
If you're paying the Landlord Jew shekels you don't know anything about money. Literally everything you said can be dismissed out of hand but I'll indulge you.

>And that would be important, except...
It's always been important.
>Nobody's fucking buying it, dumbass. That's literally the entire point of this thread.

I assure you people are buying it. People with disposable income and corporations that are going to make a profit on it later.

>Country housing costs at least double anything in the city center if it's a small town. The opposite is true of large cities though.

I don't even know where to begin. There are buyers that want country housing and those that want city housing. In your particular market things may appear to be one way, but I assure you that APPLES-TO-APPLES when it comes to the acreage, construction, and amenities that the city house will cost more almost invariably. I just bought my third house so I have been very recently engaged in local small-town market availability and prices.

>But they're doing that everywhere and have been for a decade now. The gamble isn't paying off. Cities are literally vanishing. People need to stop gambling. It's obviously not working.

See my previous statements. 10y isn't a lot to forward-looking people and/or people that either don't worry about the tax they're paying on their inner-city .2/acre or people that just can't be bothered to pay their taxes at all anyway.

>Lol this may never happen again.

You may be right that shit won't come back but it's too early to tell. Likely, some places will and some won't. Nobody really knows where those successes and failures will be.

>entire communities vanishing

If this were universally true, gentrification wouldn't be a thing.

Northern Arizona, it even fucking snow, look the area around sliengman, its high enough that it doesn't get ridiculously hot. Its in the boondocks but you can buy up land that cheap and live in a forested area

Too lazy to read through this green text catastrophe.

Look into land value tax:

youtube.com/watch?v=zifxuH2NiKc

youtube.com/watch?v=1pYSsME_h7E

Look man, I really don't think you get the whole "infrastructure" thing.

See, if you don't want to live like some shitskin street pooper, you're going to need access to a sewage system. That costs money. If aren't already connected to the system that costs a lot of money. And, yes, there's always septic. But again, money.

Now, if you don't want to live like a nigger, you'll also want power. It's going to be the exact same thing as sewage. Same as gas.

This is why that condemned shit shack is going to cost you 30k (probably not though). Because the land is worth something.

It's not someone trying to wring you for the labor they put into it.

landwatch.com/Coconino-County-Arizona-Land-for-sale/pid/25017513

OP is, in fact, a fag

>[sic]
>on Sup Forums
Lol what are you a reporter?

>Literally everything you said can be dismissed out of hand but I'll indulge you.
What an arrogant and stupid view. I'm actually poor, but I'm thrifty enough that buying land isn't an impossibility, it's just all overvalued.

>I assure you people are buying it.
Then why are cities disappearing? Why does this land that's such a steal in the boonies go unsold? It's 20fucking16 ffs. If this land was worth inhabiting, believe me, there would already be a micky-d's on every corner.

>People with disposable income and corporations that are going to make a profit on it later.
Maybe here and there, but there sure is a lot of it still for sale. There's a good reason for that.

>I don't even know where to begin.
By shutting your mouth when you're wrong?

>and amenities that the city house will cost more almost invariably
I think the problem here is we're looking at different price ranges. I typically look at properties below 100k. I'm guessing you're the opposite.

>10y isn't a lot to forward-looking people and/or people
This is a LITERALLY insane mentality. So Detroit will just bounce back any day now, right? Guess we should all go buy property there. I mean who knows what will happen 20 years, right?

>You may be right that shit won't come back but it's too early to tell
I really think you're being delusionally optimistic. This country has been on the decline for decades. It's about the right age for the implosion of a society. Human civilizations typically only last about 200-300 years. America is not exceptional. It follows the same rules as every other society. And the rot is speeding up, not slowing. It would literally require a miracle for america to survive another 50 years.

>gentrification wouldn't be a thing.
Gentrification is a rich white boy with too much money hipster meme. It's not a macro-phenomenon. It's just a trend.

Also, the entire reason places like that get torn down is because the land is worth something.

I don't know if it answer your question but housing is being heavily propped up right now by importing masses of Third Worlders which artificially inflates demand and in turn justifies the prices going up continuously. As well, property is being sold off to rich foreigners (particularly Chinese billionaires) at inflated prices. Here in Canada, Vancouver and Toronto are particularly bad for this kind of thing and they've become even bigger garbage dumps than they used to be. The only way I see any of this changing is during the inevitable SHTF collapse scenario and subsequent Civil War/WWIII, and that's going to be fucking bloody.

Maybe I should be looking at the west more. At least for nature preserves. That looks like a nice place to keep Pronghorn.

Holy christ we're back here again. Alright, go buy some property in Detroit with "infrastructure". I'm sure that'll pay off any day now. You realize you're only reinforcing what I've said right? That landowners are delusional and that's why this is happening.

Do none of you retarded faggots ever question WHY there are random parcels so cheap in the west that nobody happens to inhabit? Although I will say, I haven't looked into these moonscape options for a while. Maybe I should reconsider them. Of course that's only for nature preserves. And I really wanted to build at least one in the East where they're sorely needed. Ah well, maybe that's a pipe dream.

That's such a ridiculous assertion. Cities bulldoze them because they're a public safety hazard and they don't want run-down collapsing buildings everywhere.

That's just it though, there isn't really a demand. If there was, people would be, ya know, buying these properties, but they're not. The supply/demand paradigm has completely vanished in the real estate market. Pricing has become completely disengaged from demand and the result is that cities are literally vanishing.

>property is being sold off to rich foreigners
Honestly, in a lot of these places NOBODY is buying the property and it either sits abandoned or the city reclaims it.

They are that cheap because of a poor local economy and being far away from any sort of city. Cloest to the one I linked is flagstaff and its pop. is 70k and over 20 miles away. Its also still the wild west, bears, wolves, harsh winters, and banditos, you need to be armed out here its not like new england

>"I put X work in so this property located in the ghetto is obviously worth a million dollars". Property is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. PERIOD.

There's a concept of over-improving a property. Sure, somebody that puts granite countertops in a mud hovel in Detroit will never get that investment back but may still be holding out for some sucker that will pay for that improvement. But these are clearly bad investments to anybody that knows that particular real estate market.

I'll agree with you that a minority of people do make poor decisions that can't be expected to hold up in any market condition but these are a small proportion of properties you'd find for sale and if you were smart you wouldn't be looking at them anyway. There were dumbasses over-improving properties even when times were good.

>I'm actually poor
This explains a lot. When you're making more than minimum wage and ready to make big-boy purchases, come back and talk to us.

>Then why are cities disappearing?
The same reason they always have, because nobody wants to live next to niggers.

>Why does this land that's such a steal in the boonies go unsold?
Because even people that want to live in the country want Sup Forums at >56k. I agree, if that land was worth inhabiting, people would be buying it. Nobody wants to be the first (and possibly only) tendie-less nigger living in the woods. If you have a hot tip on where population's going to grow, I encourage you to buy all the land your GBP will allow you to.

>I typically look at properties below 100k. I'm guessing you're the opposite.
I looked at houses everywhere from 75k to 200k. At sub-100k I found either country mud hovels with land but not enough land to hunt on/piss off my back porch or city houses too close to niggertown for my liking. There were a few places that didn't fit either of those stereotypes but weren't improved to the point I wanted them to be.

Cont.

I remember reading somewhere that in the US, there's millions of houses that simply sit vacant and remain unsold. Assuming that's true, I think the banking cartels would rather simply not make any money at all instead of just lowering prices. I'm no economist, but I have a very distinct suspicion that housing prices overall should be far, far cheaper right now than they actually are.

These god damned walls of text fucking shit man.

Still though it sucks being poor, most I had at once was 1k in the bank and that didn't last long. Seems completely unimaginable ever saving up the money for even a simple plot of dirt in bum fuck nowhere.

Cont.

>
>This is a LITERALLY insane mentality.
But it isn't. Look at how shit NYC was before Jewliani. Prices were WAAAAY less for real estate than they are now that somebody has thrown out the riff-raff. Old folks that sat on those properties made millions. And deservedly, because now it's a place (((some people))) want to live.

>I really think you're being delusionally optimistic. This country has been on the decline for decades. It's about the right age for the implosion of a society. Human civilizations typically only last about 200-300 years. America is not exceptional. It follows the same rules as every other society. And the rot is speeding up, not slowing. It would literally require a miracle for america to survive another 50 years.

There's no reason for me to argue this position with you as it's pure conjecture. If you really feel this way, a partially buried shipping container house is probably for you. I'm sure you'll be that one guy that survives.

>Gentrification is a rich white boy with too much money hipster meme.
OK, nevermind that it's happened throughout history, but just wasn't always known by this particular SJW terminology.

Does this look inviting to read, OP?

Where I live, the land has become significantly more valuable than the houses that are on them, so every house in town is getting knocked down and replaced with a mansion to sell to the Chinese. Funnily enough, the Chinese moving in aren't coming from China, they're coming from the next town over, because they don't want to live with the Indians who are immigrating here en masse.

Such is life in New Jersey.

>amerifats complaining about 30k land
>i'll be lucky to get the same area for 300k

literally grow up

These posts are made to destroy the abundant #pizzagate evidence.

Do not fall for them.

real property value increases proportionally with GDP per capita (more people can afford land).
when boomers were growing up GDP per capita was skyrocketing
the logic became that because so many people wanted land, buying land was a wise investment
after all "they aren't making anymore of it"
who hasn't heard a boomer say these words?
the problem is that for the last 20 years GDP per capita has barely kept up with inflation, which means the demand for land has stagnated.
most boomers bet their retirements on the value of the land they own, with the assumption that it would only ever grow in value.
this is a big part of what lead to the housing crash in 07.
banks were issueing loans to people with no way of repaying them, just to keep housing demand high
high property prices, and increasing urban decay have the same cause:
boomer refuse to sell their land for less than their expected return on investment
unfortunately, the demand simply does not exist
the people who want these properties simply cannot afford them,
unless real wages start increasing again we are headed to a severe catastrophe
it will happen as more and more boomers start hitting retirement.
when they can't sell their homes for their desired price, they will begin to panic
some money is better than no money, so a few of them will be willing to sell low and cut their losses.
when this happens others will be forced to drop the price too or risk ending up with a house and no retirement
this will cause a chain reaction which will cause housing prices to plummet.
most banks have property loans as the bulk of their assets.
once property values drop, the value of those assets also drops
which means bank stocks drop
which means all stocks drop
it'll be great depression 2.0: housing collapse edition

Banks need a certain nest egg of capital and if that capital is held up in real estate they are risking overleverage and outright bank runs if real estate prices drop in any meaningful amount.

It looks better on mobile

Property is fucking absurd in the Anglosphere. I want to know why too.

>WHY???? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON??

People don't see land as a homestead anymore. They don't even view it as an investment, but a lottery. So many people want to get rich quick from it, so they will buy a piece of shit lot and expect gold to pour out.

Much of this is by design, to uproot families and break up the old family plots. Disconnected families are more likely to depend on the government when under duress, rather than depending on family. It gives the government more power.

Also, higher prices means a need to finance it through the banks, which leads to much foreclosure and enriching banks with land titles. They can then sell it at whatever price they wish. They make their money either through interest or taking the lands.

>When you're making more than minimum wage and ready to make big-boy purchases
This is why the middle class will be killed along with the rich soon. And it just keeps happening.
>Hurr durr I have more money so that means I can treat you like shit. Let them eat cake.
And then you eat guillotine.

>The same reason they always have, because nobody wants to live next to niggers.
Jesus christ the white middle class is pure cancer to this nation. You don't know fucking ANYTHING about the real world, do you? Most of these areas are by far majority white, including mine.

There are. And contrary to right wing idiot conspiracy theory, the banks don't own them all. A large number of them (probably the majority, from what I can see) are simply owned by people who aren't willing to sell for a reasonable price. This applies to commercial rentals too. That's why nobody in the midwest can do business. The building owners always want triple or more what the rent is actually worth.

>I'm no economist, but I have a very distinct suspicion that housing prices overall should be far, far cheaper right now than they actually are.
You don't have to be an always-wrong to know this. Just look around.

fortune.com/2016/01/11/real-estate-bubble/

It's nearly impossible if you don't have at least around $10k to work with. And even that is unlikely. Look for properties for sale for back taxes or bank sales through your sheriff.

>NYC
NYC is a major metropolis, goofball. Not some deindustrialized town in the butthurt belt.

>pure conjecture.
It absolutely is not. All you have to do is look at the trends. Literally every arena of american life is imploding and has been for decades. Except for the wealth of billionaires, of course.

>gentrification
Yes, I'm sure any day now the hipsters are going to gentrify the entire midwest back to a mythical 1950s backyard bbq paradise. Any day now.

I know, reading's hard.

Everyone wants to live in the same few cores because that's where all the money is.

Fort McMurray is an Albertan tarsarnd oilrig that's just an endless horizon of frozen toxic waste hundreds of miles away from anything, and if you want to rent a scrap of space in the woods to put a trailer on, that'll be $1400 a mo bitch.

ahahahaha complaining about a block of land costing 30k

I think its even worse in Canada. In flyover country, you can legitimately live comfortably on say 30k a year. But you can't afford shit in terms of property, because they tuk er jerbs (which I thought was a real funny meme until I watched middle America get continuously economically split roasted over the years since the GFC).

Its insane what's happened to the middle class and poor.

>Jesus christ the white middle class is pure cancer to this nation
>implying we're a nation
>implying there is still a middle class

>Eastern Seaboard
Ah, that makes sense. You have to know though, that region is an extreme anomaly in america.

Literally move out of dumbcuntland.

Jesus what a retarded faggot.

>boomer refuse to sell their land for less than their expected return on investment
>unfortunately, the demand simply does not exist
Exactly, this is the problem. This whole thing is artificial.

>unless real wages start increasing again we are headed to a severe catastrophe
Yeah we really are. It's so obvious and so many people are going to be "surprised" by it and how severe it's going to be. But nobody has any excuse to not see this coming.

Oh it's gonna happen. Don't worry, we'll just bail them out again. Hey, maybe next time it happens, we can make a bank CEO president!

>People don't see land as a homestead anymore. They don't even view it as an investment, but a lottery.
THIS THIS THIS. This is the answer. I've actually gotten my question answered in this thread. Everything is so fucking backwards in modernity. People are so fucking retarded.

>They can then sell it at whatever price they wish. They make their money either through interest or taking the lands.
The problem of course, is both obvious and inevitable: eventually they won't be able to sell this land at all, the banks will implode AGAIN and the CEOs and execs will make a killing while laying of tens of thousands of bank employees and fucking up the economy worse than the Great Depression (most likely).

Shhh, the emus can hear.

Yeah, and this is why. Unfortunately, there are still asshole boomer hold-outs.

>This is why the middle class will be killed along with the rich soon.

If your vision of the future is anywhere near correct, the middle class will be the only ones to survive.

You lack a basic understanding of real estate and economics but for whatever reason act like you know something.

>Jesus christ the white middle class is pure cancer to this nation. You don't know fucking ANYTHING about the real world, do you?

I don't know where you're talking about but I thought we were speaking in generalizations about the entirety of the US. Niggers generally congregate in cities and even a few is enough to fuck up the neighborhood. If you haven't noticed, you haven't been paying attention. I lived in Houston for over a year and in greater Harris county for almost a decade.

>NYC is a major metropolis, goofball. Not some deindustrialized town in the butthurt belt.

Again, I thought we were speaking generally about real estate in the entirety of the nation, which you said you'd researched extensively. You mentioned cities in decline and I mentioned one that has returned from the shitter.

>Literally every arena of american life is imploding and has been for decades. Except for the wealth of billionaires, of course.

Oh Christ, I'm talking to some /commie/ general poster. I agree the Jews at either end need to be tossed out on their asses, but you're an idiot if you think the American standard of living hasn't been steadily improving since basically forever.

>Yeah, and this is why. Unfortunately, there are still asshole boomer hold-outs

What's your endgame OP?

>If your vision of the future is anywhere near correct, the middle class will be the only ones to survive.
Oh my god, you're so delusonal. The middle class is THE MOST at risk. They're already an endangered species. Their entire existence requires being the bitches of the rich and exploiting the poor. They'll get squeezed to death like a zit when a real apocalypse hits. They're vastly outnumbered by the poor and they're vastly overpowered by the rich. They have ZERO bargaining chips in a SHTF situation. Their entire existence is based on a prosperous and luxuriant society that can support them. When that goes, they go.

>You lack a basic understanding of real estate and economics
You know, I keep hearing that, and yet, I continue to be right, and you queers continue to hold on to dead properties and lose all your net worth, while the towns around you die.

>Niggers Niggers Niggers!
Yep, it's a boomer, alright. Your retarded obsession with niggers will get you killed.

>I lived in Houston
What a surprise, a Texan also. Just secede already. FUCK you're cancer.

What do you mean?

Can you provide a source, because that sounds illegal as fuck.

>What do you mean?

Property values, the white middle class, the middle class as a whole, how you think we got in this mess, your final solution to the property question, etc.. What's your endgame with this bread?

You fucks don't realise how lucky yous are, I'm 20 years old and get talked to like Shit everyday because I haven't managed to build a £30,000 deposit on a £240,000 house yet. Fuck this kike country most of all, the funniest part is I work 42 hours a week and make £15,000 a year

Its seemingly the entire Anglosphere, maybe excluding the Aussies.

I think our older relatives secretly hate us, and conspired to fuck us over. They all met in underground tunnels and regular bowling competitions and agreed that anyone under 40 is basically shit and deserves nothing. But they subtly say it only through the impossibility of the working class situation in current year.

Oh I was just trying to figure out what was causing property to be so insanely overvalued in america, and this thread helped me answer that question. If you're asking what has to happen to fix the problem LOOOOOOOL that's not the plan for those in charge. They don't give a shit if boomers hold on to land until it rots. Doesn't affect them (in the short term). The correct solutions would never be implemented because people are too greedy.

>get talked to like Shit everyday
That's because brits are rude cunts. But the middle class white boomers will talk to you like shit like this in america too. My landlord is an asshole to all of his tenants. Nobody can stand the fucking jew.

>Its seemingly the entire Anglosphere
Yeah and there's a reason for that. Than anglo long ago sold his soul to the jew and this is the result. Actions have consequences.

Live by the jew, die by the jew.

*The anglo

Well whats stopping the poor and former middle class from saying fuck it and just killing all the wealthy?

The same thing as always. Shit isn't quite bad enough. Technology makes bread and circus production easier than in ancient times, so we have a bit to go yet before we crack, but not much.

Cucks and shills

Middle class are the only ones with some means, and the sense, to prepare for SHTF. Poorfags will starve, richfags will (eventually, if they don't escape) get strung up.

>the dirt-cookie-eating nigger is the economic genius in this discussion
Ok buddy.

>a bloo bloo niggers
Well. I wasn't even racist until I actually lived around them. If the shoe fits. I'm the tail end of GenX/early millennial, depending on what cracker jack sociologist you ask.

>Texan/cancer
Jealous yank detected. Some of us would secede but instead don't want to abandon our brothers to a commie hellscape for the handful of years America would last after we left and took our electoral votes with us, if nothing else.

As much as I dislike your kind, I don't even wish the consequences of your shitty ideology on you.

pricefixing

>$29,000 for a block of land
>Expensive
Ahahaha, you don't know how good you have it.

Itt: Sup Forums tries to figure out supply vs. demand but comes up potato.

Listen dumbo. The poor outnumber you about 1,000 to 1. Even if HALF the poor in america just flat out DIE, there are still more than enough to overrun you. And the rich own all the infrastructure and merc armies.

>a bloo bloo niggers
Yeah exactly stop saying it.

Oh we figured it out.

the only good news is that when the collapse finally does come, land will be really really really cheap.......if you still have a job

Australians in this thread are wondering if an extra zero was left off the price. 300k+ for a block is a bit expensive, yes. 30k is a hilarious fantasy.

>hurr duh joos

Yep, going full potato as usual.

If you can't scrape up 40k for a plot of land you're a bigger.

I think you mean if you're alive. The next crash is going to be BAD.

>hurr duh joos
Where'd I say that?

*nigger

How in the fuck do you define "poor"?

Are you including people that just make terrible financial choices?

The poverty line? You know, how poor is literally defined?

Push comes to shove and even fucking priests will pick up a gun, and what about the cheap entertainment, Im not talking COMPLETE CLASS WARFARE, im just talking about killing the few in super powerful postions that fuck everyone over not the farmer

Newsflash most of those mecs are US, and alot come from poor or working class/blue collar ackgounds

Yeesss... your point? So you'll work for the rich.

>People will literally sell a house that's almost certainly going to be buildozed next year for $29,000 FIRM.
jews aren't people.

In a situation like this I think enough of them will say fuck that, kill their employers, and live in there mansion

As if they could afford the taxes and insurance on a mansion.

Not so long as the money keeps flowing. Humans will eat their own children for money. Bux always trumps loyalty.

thats in USD not your Monopoly money

Police/military exist to protect the rich from the poor.

And that's why the rich should pay a higher proportion of their income in taxes, the system exists for them.