Who thinks Trump won't win Electoral College?

Who thinks Trump won't win Electoral College?

Michael Moore apparently says so and he's never been wrong: independent.co.uk/news/people/michael-moore-donald-trump-electoral-college-presidential-election-prediction-a7464216.html

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2016/10/19/politics/election-day-russia-hacking-explained/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Trump has been an idiot this past month. Simple truth. He has assumed he has Won, and he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Dismiss the CIA. Throw decades of US-China relations down the crapper. Get into bed with Putin, despite the reports of that same dismissed CIA.

The issue is, Trump is the PRESUMPTIVE President Elect. He is not President Elect until the Electoral College confirms him as such. And the Electoral College, constitutionally, is NOT a Rubber Stamp.

Federalist Papers no. 68 states that the Founders viewed the College as the last, and final line of defense against a man loyal to foreign governments and possessing the little arts of popular demagoguery from ascending to the highest position of the Republic.

With all the shit flying around about Russian meddling in the election. What does Trump do? He nominates Putin's butt buddy Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State.

Now the Electoral College is demanding that the Obama administration brief them on all information the Intelligence community has on Trumps ties to Russia, and Russia's efforts to influence the election.

This is unprecedented. This has NEVER happened. The Electors have NEVER asserted their rights as Constitutional Agents of the Federal Government. Ever. They are doing it now.

And yes, under the US Constitution the College has the power to deny the results of the election. The College was created as a check on the power of the people.

And if this is not clear to people on Sup Forums let me spell it out clear.

270 to win? Those are not "points".

The 270 to win means Trump needs 270, physical, real, individual, people to show up at their state capital on December 19th to elect him to President.

But these same people, the electors, are not federally bound by the outcome of the election. And they have a personal right, granted by the US Constitution, to vote against the people. 29 States have made laws to restrain them from doing this.

But State law does not apply to the Federal Government, and the President is a Federal officer. Which means that even if prosecuted by their States for breaking faith, that Electors vote at the federal level would be valid.

Thanks for the input. I believe you.

Then realize the full terror.

in over 2 centuries the Electoral College has never defied the popular vote. Especially since the 12th amendment.

under English common law, a Constitution is a union of the Efficient and the Diligent. The Efficient represents the people, the law, and the government, and the Diligent represent the Crown, the Church and God.

The US System is no different. The Electoral College is the Diligent of our system. A mere formality. Yet a formality with absolute power over our governing system, because they affirm and elevate the Head of State and Head of Government.

And just like in Britain, the Diligent has NEVER defied the Efficient. The Electoral College has NEVER defied the people.

But the Diligent has the power to defy. The consequences for doing so, being so severe as to never allow for it. Unless the Efficient demands the Diligent to affirm an action so destructive to the nation that the Diligent must act.

That is the situation now facing the US Electoral College.

>reddit format
>pre-written shill arguments
>moral relativism

GET THE FUCK OUT

Nice autism you got there, good points and all,
But wait, watch this, seriously screenshot this
>Trump gets the 270 needed

See pic for why manufacturing jobs haven't recovered also

I don't think he's wrong, Leaf

>in over 2 centuries the Electoral College has never defied the popular vote

>the Efficient demands the Diligent to affirm an action so destructive to the nation that the Diligent must act.

only from his leftist point of view are the "diligent" morally obligated to act. trump hasn't done anything yet. how can he sit here and posture that it is the responsibility of the electoral college to risk civil war over a man who has taken no actions in office yet. if trump fucks up royally by all means impeach him but risking civil war over a president elect is sheer lunacy and the left will get BTFO if this goes beyond rhetoric.

Moral relativism?

No.

I am firmly in belief that with the election of Donald Trump the United States is now facing the catastrophe scenario that justifies the continued existence of the British Monarchy.

Why do we still have an Electoral College? People on Sup Forums say this is because rural states need leverage over Urban states. but if that was true, there would not be a college, there would be a point system. Just as we apportion the congress.

We would not grant the electoral vote to a physical person. But we do.

Ram this through your heads Sup Forums. The Electoral votes are not "points" apportioned based on who wins the majority of X State.

Electoral Votes are votes grated to a person who can cast that vote as their personal beliefs demand.

When you check the vote for a person for President, you are not voting for that person. You are voting for an Elector who will represent you at the actual vote for the President.

Just like how you vote for a Congressman.

this guy ACTUALLY thinks electoral college members are cosciencious voters.

these people were HAND picked to vote the way the state does.
all the conservative states?
they have conservative electoral college members
these people were chosen for the sole purpose of fulfilling the will of the votes in their state

them being a "check" against the populace is a meme you silly idiot

Everybody knows every single thing you've said, but I think I'm not alone in doubting that the electors will go against the people.

Surely some of them are worried about russian involvement, but their briefing will conclude with a "They released information. The information was true and not :fakenews:"

At which point the electors will realize Trump isn't controlled by Russia and that there is no point in risking a civil war over this, and thus Trump gets the presidency.

>I am firmly in belief that with the election of Donald Trump the United States is now facing the catastrophe scenario that justifies the continued existence of the British Monarchy.

what the fuck are you even saying here? you want to abolish the USA and rejoin the commonwealth? so not only are you endorsing a civil war but you're a redcoat traitor to boot? lmao. also, the electors are appointed in good faith to execute the will of the people they have been chosen to represent, there are even fines in select states for faithless electors.

Praise kek.

What he's saying is that the queens executive power in the democracy will be proven to be very useful for situations as "catastrophic" as a trump presidency, as in they should preserve the monarchy to stop something like this happening over there.

Federalist paper no.68, states point blank that the Electoral College exists to prevent the people from elevating to the Presidency a man that poses a unique danger to survival to the Presidency.

Hamilton stated there are three criteria to meet this threshold

1. The man cannot mentally or physically carry out the duties of office.

2. The man is a Demagogue, elevated through the little arts of popularity.

3. The man is a "creature" backed by foreign powers in effort to elevate to the Presidency one of their own.

Read Federalist Papers no. 68 Sup Forums, and understand why nominating Rex Tillerson for Secretary State is pure poison for the current crisis brewing.

The Electoral College can forgive a presumptive president for being an idiot.

The Electoral College can forgive a presumptive president for being really good at motivating the people.

They can even forgive a combination of the two.

But the third criteria set out by hamilton. To be a creature of foreign powers elevated to the highest councils of our Republic?

That is absolutely unforgivable.

Combined with the other two? Red Alert Captain.

There is reason Electors are demanding the Obama administration brief them on what the CIA knows. That demand is unprecedented. Let me repeat that. UNPRECEDENTED. The Electoral College has never demanded the sitting administration give them any consideration.

Its happening now. IT. IS. HAPPENING.

too bad that the Queen wants Brexit and the Queen's executive power will never be used to save his globalist social experiment that is crashing like the Hindenburg

yes ONE MAN thought the electoral college should work that way...

but guess what happened?
everyone ignored him and the electoral college has never worked that way

even in the extremely unlikely chance that a few electoral college members throw away their careers and ignore their constituents
there wont be nearly enough that will do the same for Trump to ever not be President

why don't you stop deluding yourself and wake up to the reality that you're on the wrong side of history

>Queen wants Brexit
>he believes tabloids

Post election riots: FAILED.
Jill Stein recount: FAILED.
Intimidation of EC members: FAILED.
"Fake news" narrative: FAILED.
"Russian hackers": ____

The federalist papers are not binding documents, and have been ignored before

You don't get to pick and choose when the papers suddenly become relevant

what the actual fuck is going on in the US??? I thought the election is over? What is this with the electoral college now? Please someone explain Im really lost

all of these could be used to describe pretty much any president

1. The man cannot mentally or physically carry out the duties of office.
Reagan had alzheimers
FDR was paralyzed
2. The man is a Demagogue, elevated through the little arts of popularity.
JFK got elected solely because he had a catchy jingle and looked good on TV
3. The man is a "creature" backed by foreign powers in effort to elevate to the Presidency one of their own.
Clinton sold missile tech to China.
Trump has no ties to the FSB or Putin

all that has happened here is that Russia released TRUE information and let the voters decide for themselves.

OH MY GOD START A CIVIL WAR RUSSIA WANTED TO DO WHATEVER THEY COULD TO GET A PRESIDENT ELECTED WHO DIDN'T WANT TO START NUCLEAR WAR WITH THEM

better stop the fucking presses!

praise kek looks like the queen was a remain cuck

Oh no, I'll have to pay a $100 fine with the $50,000 Soros gave me.

The Constitution of the United States of America affirms that mans opinion of the role of the Electoral College.

This would not even be an issue if Trump was not such an arrogant...MORON.

Just because the College has never worked that way does not mean it cannot do so. FFS, the Electors are PEOPLE, not POINTS. Wake the fuck up. Read the Constitution!

The 12th Amendment states that the Electors of the United States shall meet in the Capital of their State to vote for who shall assume the office of President of the United States.

Nowhere does the US Constitution says the electors have to vote for a man supported by the people.

But isn't it well known, that Moore is a shill, on Clinton's payroll? They at least helped him to finance his latest film.

>But the third criteria set out by hamilton. To be a creature of foreign powers elevated to the highest councils of our Republic?

Yeah yeah again with the "Trump is Putins henchman!!!!" meme. It's just grasping at straws at this point. There is nothing wrong about releasing other peoples filth to the public.

its a few thousand actually, 100$ is what you get for missing voting day in australia

>enforced voting laws
>99% turnout
>you are literally Cuba

>leftists are now constitutionalists

oh i am laffin

>he thinks the "russian hackers" thing is new
have a (you) for your trip back to r/thedonald

They can't and won't take it away from him. Unnetworked machines cannot be hacked. If somehow they were altered at the place they were built then that's on the manufacturer. This would also PROVE that Barack Obama and CNN are liars.

cnn.com/2016/10/19/politics/election-day-russia-hacking-explained/index.html

Even if this happened. So what. The most popular Marine since Chesty Puller is SECDEF. Washington would have Marines up in their assholes ripping their guts out by sundown.

>This would not even be an issue if Trump was not such an arrogant...MORON.

So all this whining and moaning doesn't even have anything to do with Russia, you just don't like someone being arrogant and MORON. Lol such a sore loser

I can assure you even if all of them decided to vote against Trump, we'd give zero fucks and keep marching forward as would everybody else.

Nobody has the balls to truly do some shit and when the globalist "act" they're going to do it behind a massive false flag because they function in faggotory manner. It's the only way they know.

OK fuck all this noise
The beef I have with Trump is that he keeps making stupid cabinet appointments and fucking with sensitive geopolitics out of willful ignorance or insuperable pride. Fuck this guy. Fuck the SJWs and niggers and stuff too, but FUCK Trump. We're gonna get ass fucked in the next four years.

>click link
>browser locks
>video begins playing immediately
>no stop button
>have to close tab
Wow, and I thought English news websites couldn't be more cancerous

your a fag lol

Life long Republican.

I voted for McCain in the 08 election. I have seen my party lose its collective mind. I have seen, one by one, the defense mechanism of American Democracy fall before the onslaught of a ravening hoard of idiots seeking to elevate the worst of our country.

The Efficient has fallen and it now falls on the Diligent to save the American Republic. The Electoral College MUST defy. No matter the consequences. Not to elect Hillary. Abstain, vote for other Republicans. Just...defy.

Do not Rubber stamp Trump. Hamilton's prophecy has come true. Trump is why there is an Electorate in the US Constitution.

Electors. Do your duty. Do it, knowing that there will people who will kill you for it. There will be people on Sup Forums tonight who will even go so far to say that they will take up arms, and kill you for doing so.

Do not listen to these enemies of the Republic. The Efficient has fallen. All our democratic safeguards have fallen. There is only one firewall left. The Electoral College.

Do. Your. Duty.

but december19.us is planning massive protests to disrupt at every state capitals ....

The electoral college will be dissolved by force if Trump is not elected, and civil war will ensue. These people will be dragged into the streets and shot.

I'm going to laugh at you so hard when Trump is elected president.

fuck off never trump cucks hoping for some social conservative who is weak on immigration are just as bad as leftists. there's a reason mccain and romney LOST. your brand of conservatism doesn't identify with anyone anymore.

Why would the electoral college not agree with the voters? Liberal media is acting like it's obvious they don't support Trump, just like they acted like it was obvious Trump wouldn't win the election. More than 36 electors would need to be faithless, and there's no reason to believe they would even want to, other than insinuations made by the liberal media. The Russian hacker thing really just smells of Hillary trying to weasel her way into office on last time.

Civil war was the goal all along.

If Hillary had been elected, something else would have come up, and we would be in the same situation.

This has been planned for far too long to be left to chance.

Once violence starts, some external force will be invited in as peacekeepers. They will never leave. The US is over as its own nation.

thank you.

For affirming.

>the college has never worked that way
>surely it will this time

yes they don't have to vote for Trump.
but they're going to.

once again the electoral college isn't some group of educated people meant to be a standby emergency shutoff

just in case you didn't understand it the first time
the electoral college is filled with people who were put there to vote the way their state wants them to be
the states who voted for Trump have electoral collegiates who ALSO want to vote for Trump.

they're not a bunch of nonpartisan referees pondering the good of the country

The college vote is secret?

Of course. They are partisan hacks. That is the system we have built. To be an Elector, is to be a loyal party member.

Do not underestimate the power of an idea whose time has come.

No. Its public.

The Electors are Elected officials of the Federal Government. As agents of the United States, they cannot hide their decisions from the people.

>pre writen first post

Holy fuck way to make it completely obvious this is a CTR thread. Sage.

Stop being so dramatic

The party substitutes those electors if they don't vote for who they pledge(trump or another republican)

He's in, unless they all vote for another republican

Basically, when you cast a vote for a particular presidential candidate, you're voting for a set of electors for a given party in your state who then cast their vote for president if that party wins.

As a rule, they vote for their party's candidate, but they are not bound to it to my understanding. For instance, in 2004 one of them switched their vote as a formality that made no difference.

> The US is over as its own nation.

But America is #1. We can't just go out on top... or can we?

Is pointing out the truth somehow a "premade" CTR shilling on Sup Forums now?

If my shitposting seems formulaic, its simply because I have been trying to ring the alarm here all weekend to limited success. The Electoral College is on the verge of open revolt. Trump has HOURS. Literally HOURS to save his candidacy from an unprecedented Rebuke.

And he is blithely ignoring the crisis. Indeed, he refuses to believe there even IS a Crisis!

>The 270 to win means Trump needs 270, physical, real, individual
WTF, this fag is trolling, you need 270 to win on election night and he went beyond that

he is, he's been a bit wishy washy lately:
he used to be against Hillarys pay to play policies, now hes all over them
hes over as a legitimate political figure if he ever was one
check out Boris Malagurski, hes pro russia but more objective

BAHAHHAHA
SORRY IVAN, didnt notice youre Russian yourself, but yeah, Malagurski is very much on your guys' side

>Michael Moore apparently says so and he's never been wrong

HAHAHAHAHA

Stop egging on civil war. That's the only outcome from infidelity. If you care about the country quit sucking cuckservative dick and MAGA

>Stop egging on civil war

Nah mate let him, the army will be on trumps side because of maddis

Marines love him

>no comments section
fake news.

All very good points, and I agree with you (on what I could be bothered to read xD). On paper.

In reality, if they don't elect Trump there will be a revolution.

If they somehow give it to Hillary (over a 3rd party) there will be a full blown civil war.

If Trump loses, no one wins.

That's the reality. It's not like he's going to just go away if they steal it, he'll be calling for war.

None of those were backed by the ci-fucking-a. Mark my words. Trump will NOT be president.

If Trump isn't President

No one will be.

Typing. Like. This. Gives. Yourself. Away. Shill.

For non-Americans -- the "electors" are handpicked by the Republican party, they aren't random people, it isn't a new vote of any kind. The "Hamilton elector" movement is filled with DEMOCRAT ELECTORS, pushed by media, and funded by progressive activist groups.

This is just more insanity that will amount to nothing.

Worst case scenario (won't happen): enough Republican electors go rogue, vote Romney or someone, it puts Trump below 270, decision goes to the house, they choose Trump

>in over 2 centuries the Electoral College has never defied the popular vote.

wrong, faggot.

Oh no, old conservative NRA dinosaurs might take up arms. Oh no. Meanwhile hordes of Hillary niggers will stomp you to death.

Have an upvote!

what is the actual point of the electoral college

"Ok so if the states vote one way, should we have a simple points based system that assigns their electoral vote automatically? Or should we have a pointless middle man system that only serves to subvert the states vote

>McCain

Back in the day, states could distribute their electoral votes anyway they wanted and we still can. By the 1850s most states decided on a winner take all system decided by a state vote. The electors are pretty much a formality

They will. Trump won't be president.

When will you realise the US aren't the good guys?

The true happening hasn't even begun. First trump wins the election, then the college dumps him and finally a civil war and the downfall of the evil US empire and the world can move on from the last century of American perfidiousness.

But why is one individual allowed to defy the thousands more?

What is the current count of EC suicides and deaths by natural causes?

We should be keeping track of this daily.

If possible, also find out if any of the trump to hrc voters have/had anyone near them suffer bad fortune.