Students rip down Shakespeare portrait at UPenn

campusreform.org/?ID=8521

Students at the University of Pennsylvania removed a portrait of Shakespeare from a prominent location in the school’s English department after complaining that he did not represent a diverse range of writers.
The Department had previously voted to remove the painting, so students took matters into their own hands, replacing the portrait with one of an African American writer and delivering Shakespeare to the Department Chair's office.

Other urls found in this thread:

thedp.com/article/2016/12/shakespeare-portrait-removed
reason.com/blog/2016/06/01/yale-students-tell-english-profs-to-stop
thecollegefix.com/post/19373/
ww2.kqed.org/news/2015/07/22/san-francisco-middle-schools-no-longer-teaching-algebra-1
youtube.com/watch?v=IaUhR-tRkHY
youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0tsiZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good.

I thought Shakespeare was black? Or was that Shake Spear?

Are you mad?

You daft liberals have really lost it this time.

Change is a good thing. Out with the old and in with the new. For all we know, Shakespeare was a racist and sexist bigot (just like all white men back in his time).

African Americans are more creative and write better stories anyway.

What are liberals endgame?
Hating Shakespeare because he's white is a pretty extreme move.

We don't hate him because he's white. We hate him because of what he believed in, and what he stood for.

Our endgame is simple: a progressive society free of hatred and intolerance, with justice and fairness for all people.

>We hate him because of what he believed in, and what he stood for.
Can you prove this? Like what do SJWs think that Shakespeare stood for and why do they think this way

>60%
what did you expect?

You are making assumptions..... you know, stereotyping...

What the fuck?!!?!?!

This is my university. I am here right now.

This, over Sup Forums, is the first I'm hearing of this.
I know EXACTLY which big, famous Shakespeare picture too. It's the one in Fisher Hall and it's goddamn beautiful and inspiring.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK NOW I'M FUCKING ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Our President will do NOTHING too because she panders to these fucking morons.

I FUCKING HATE THIS PLACE.

put Hitler

>he did not represent a diverse range of writers.
And who the fuck does.

You know what must be done now, right user?

As the pen name of British nobility? Please, this is obvious b8, you'd replace another writer, not one of the great english writers.

I'm graduating next week, a semester early.

I swear to God I'm going to go to that building after I graduate and rip the new portrait these motherfuckers put up.

I'm fucking livid. I cannot wait to graduate out of this shitthole. Ivy League my fucking ass.

Was it a painting? Was it damaged?

Except, you're not being tolerant at all.

1. You remove a portrait because you dislike his points of view, regardless of the time period he existed within and his reasoning.
2. You replaced his picture with an African American which suggests Black Supremacy, and an intolerance for race.
3. You can't have a just argument since he is dead, therefore there is no justice you are serving, and there is no fairness in your actions.

You are literally promoting hatred and intolerance.

Ok, in all seriousness this shit really pisses me off. Why do liberals have the constant urge to fuck everything up, just for "diversity"?

IF THEY WANT DIVERSITY SO BAD, MOVE TO FUCKING AFRICA. MOVE TO MEXICO. MOVE TO A MAJORITY NON WHITE COUNTRY

FUAAAACKKKKK

Liberals are the reason why we have mass shootings

Yes it's a beautiful picture.

Just fucking read this and look at the pictures:

thedp.com/article/2016/12/shakespeare-portrait-removed

Look at what they replaced Shakespeare with. I'm beyond angry.

If you are that close to graduating just start raising shit.

Start sending letters to donators about how they are doing this bullshit.

I am sure that some of the people who graduated from there and are sending money to help fund the school would think this is total bullshit too.

The only way to start taking back collages is to start putting their balls in a vice and start attacking the higher ups.

Heyooooooooooo! Yesssssnow!

To make everything Black.

I just wanted to see what it's like to argue like a liberal and holy fuck it's so easy to have their opinions. No wonder the weak minded are typically leftist.

How can anyone seriously have an opinion like what I said? To your point, it's a complete contradiction at every turn.

You'd have to be brain-damaged to think this way.

>“It is a cool example of culture jamming,” Benz said.

You know what.
I think we should ramp up all the shit we are doing and declare full on culture war.

can you go check if its still there?

Reminder that Donald Trump went to Penn

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

THIS IS WHAT THEY REPLACED IT WITH?

WHAT
THE
FUCK
IS
THIS
SHIT

rip it down at once

This is what it was before.

What a fucking shame.

*sips tea* This is explains why Americans are so under-educated, they get to spend their time defacing property and not being properly reprimanded for doing so.

I am an Engineer, I work in logical and data analysis, the people I work with the majority are left leaning. I cannot understand how, logic doesn't allow such mental operations to be made. It somewhat explains why they have low aspirations and terrible skills at engineering. Many elude to having the "impostor syndrome", meaning they feel they do not have the proper capabilities to do their job. They would be right.

>tfw I'm 3 miles away
I'll be there in 30 minutes

Not good, Libtard-bot, try again.
Its. In fact, white people smarts than black, on average 40 ratios in intelligence. To remove a portrait, just because, "Because, black scum dont like it" - is the pinnacle of idiocy. Therefore, when Tramp become president, He will cause them, to hang the portrait back.

I'm honestly afraid they'll pull some bullshit on me if I damage anything before getting my degree. But after, absolutely.

The president and entire staff (though this was expected) pander to this bullshit and BLM every year. The President puts up with their protests and says a few words about how they're so progressive and wonderful here and there while she sits back on her over 3mil a year salary.

This enraged me. To imagine my family has helped me pay close to a quarter million dollars in tuition, rent, food here over the last few years...to be taught by these motherfuckers. I am angry.

I can check in the morning, sure, but I have seen FAR FAR worse here over the last few months. There were giant portraits of naked women with references to "grab me by the pussy" and other shit with literal Black Power rallies.

Black Power rallies where they said "if you voted for Trump, you can never be an ally and you are our enemy!". It's a fucking madhouse.

I am happy for this.

This is the kind of shit they pull every goddamn year. I can tell by the style. I know it's still there, I don't even need to check.

I Loved that building. I loved that picture of Shakespeare because I loved reading Shakespeare and read many of his plays and covered his books in notes and it really meant a lot to me. I genuinely felt inspired by that picture before, and I'm a mathematics major.
That picture was the most iconic part of our school. The one in all the brochures, everything.

Fisher Bennett Hall on 34th and Walnut. It may be closed now but will be open tomorrow morning.

Please for the love of God really do this.

>an African American writer
>can't even provide a name

Probably because he's fictional

Not too impressive, its not even flush against the wall.
Still they already voted to remove it, so i wonder why the students went and did it themselves, they were going to renove it anyway

>Guy wrote Othello (We Wuz Moores and sheit)
>Antisemetic characters in Merchant of Venice.

Hmm tough call.

See She's some writer who died in 1992.

The mounting of the picture can obviously be easily fixed. That picture is beautiful, and apparently iconic at the school.

keep your cool man. Just wait until you're out of there. I can tell you it's not worth it.

-fellow ivy student

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature’s changing course, untrimmed;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow’st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand’rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to Time thou grow’st.
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
... William Shakespeare

The difference between poetry and rhetoric
is being ready to kill
yourself
instead of your children.
I am trapped on a desert of raw gunshot wounds
and a dead child dragging his shattered black
face off the edge of my sleep
blood from his punctured cheeks and shoulders
is the only liquid for miles
and my stomach
churns at the imagined taste while
my mouth splits into dry lips
without loyalty or reason
thirsting for the wetness of his blood
as it sinks into the whiteness
of the desert where I am lost
without imagery or magic
trying to make power out of hatred and destruction
trying to heal my dying son with kisses
only the sun will bleach his bones quicker.
... Audre Lorde

These people have no life.

WE

Jesus fuck. The comparison is night and day.

It's like comparing a 3-year old to Tesla.

WUZ

>replaced glorious Shakespeare with a black feminist communist
Don't call it a grave. It is the future you chose.

>thedp
At least the paper's name is relevant to what's going on.

That is disgusting.

INFLUENTIAL N SHEEIT

Do you think we chose this future? I certainly didn't. It's clear that the cogs were set in motion long before I was even born (1995).

(((They))) probably set up my generation specifically to be this way.

What did Shakespeare do wrong to black people?

It's the future our parent's generation chose for us. Isn't it beautiful? Aren't we all grateful? Won't we remember them fondly? Blessed be the previous generation for their wisdom and foresight, that they could secure the future of their children and the glory of their culture! Or did they roll in the mud dropping acid at woodstock?

reason.com/blog/2016/06/01/yale-students-tell-english-profs-to-stop

Yale Students Demand Removal of White Authors from Curriculum

thecollegefix.com/post/19373/

Teach For America: Math is the ‘Domain of Old, White Men’

ww2.kqed.org/news/2015/07/22/san-francisco-middle-schools-no-longer-teaching-algebra-1

Algebra 1 will no longer be taught in middle school under Obama Common Core

SJW-Tier education that will help find you no jobs
that make you commie kek
welcome to one party rule new brazil , faggot

Liberals argue through manipulations, and by turning the things they believe in into increasingly vague, nebulous social impacts that can't be falsified. They also like to invent moral debt, since it obligates people into obedience.

Cover the whole wall with other authors you prefer. Match 10 legitimate writers to each of their black-feminist-poetry-snowflakes

Shakespeare invented the word Swagger. Blacks using swag or swagger is appropriation of white culture

>it is a cool example of cultural jamming said professor benz

Lol we fucking deserve this don't we? After all, we produced white people who think like this guy.

I can't even comprehend this idiocy. Wtf. Someone please explain this to me.

>I'm a mathematics major.
I'm thinking about applying there for math? How is the math department?

youtube.com/watch?v=IaUhR-tRkHY
Can't be posted enough.

Their endgame is pretty clear: topple western society and replace it with Marxism. Just read any piece of intersectional feminist literature.

All the corruption and decay you see became inevitable after 1945. You can thank the "greatest generation" for this.

Modern Educayshun
youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0tsiZM

>an African American writer
I doubt the veracity of these events

Now if they said "We put a picture of a nigger who can sing and dance good" I'd buy it.

>tfw new dark age

Awesome. Let's get it all right out in the open.

pic related pic ?

J
U
S
T

Theatre person here.
thanks for ruining my morning, OP.
it's not your fault though. you know what I mean.

>cicero
You had to remind me of that faggor

>one person does not represent a diverse range

no fuckin shit

Well...I had some bad experiences with them. I wouldn't recommend it.

I will just say what I think but please take it with a grain of salt as I was just an undergraduate. I think the math department gets virtually no funding and is shoved into the worst looking building on campus, the David Rittenhouse Labs, which is literally a former high school, I believe, made out of concrete and which is falling apart. It's not well-maintained and the air conditioning/heating never ever works.

In other words, Wharton gets treated like kings and gets loads of funding and all the university's money goes there while the math department is reportedly "running out of funding," hence why they physically cut our math and science library in half last year and outsourced most of the books. It's pretty bad and the university does nothing about it while continuing to build shiny new buildings in the medical department and work on cultural center projects that nobody wants.

The people in the department are alright, however. Some of the professors, particularly Dr. Gluck and Dr. DeTurck, genuinely care about the students and are hard-working and are true Ivy-League professor material. Others are arrogant, don't like to teach, or are just very difficult to understand (it's about 80% Asian professors and TAs).

Now on the more positive side, these people are world-class mathematicians, most of them. They are experts in their fields and I have never had problems with a professor not being an expert in his/her subject. They will be very challenging when they teach but will generally always make themselves available for office hours so there is support.

But if you can work independently without much help from the department, then you should do really well here.

And you have the options to take classes in any department you choose, even in Wharton, so it's not really bad at all.

You can also google "upenn math department" and read what the actual program is like.

Great point actually.

ahahahaha!!

fucking retarded faggots and their stupid bullshit. even if I didn't know Shakespeare, I'd rather see him there because he simply looks more pleasant to look at than whatever that is.
photographs are boring too.

>tfw darkness is the place you go to when you need to revive your heritage which lays dormant

I wonder how people will remember them. Perhaps as the most catastrophically egotistical and cowardly generation to ever walk the face of this earth?

"I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.....boooiiiiiiii"

Yeah that's the picture they put up now.

I love him!
Best voice acting in that whole game.

Hopefully.

>yfw they replaced it with a portrait of the real Shakespeare

kek

Well let's see:

(1) Irreversible change due to immigration all on the basis of an ideology which will end up being proven wrong (naive humanism that implicitly embeds European liberalism, as in the universal declaration of human rights, already rejected by most of the world). They did this WITHOUT ANY PRIOR EMPIRICAL SUPPORT TO DO SO.

(2) Complete and wholesale liquidation of previous western cultural forms without any regard for future sustainability

(3) Destruction of the planet through slow paced environmental catastrophe

(4) Destroyed government finance through reckless government expansion.

(5) Didn't have the children to pay for aforementioned expansion.

(6) Embrace of Islam [??????????????????????????????????] after liquidation of Christianity [?????????????????]

(7) Development of post modernism and a series of subsequent absurdist ideologies promoting perpetual social conflicts in a context of diversity

No these people were great. Really thought about the future generations.

How about you start by being tolerant of European society?

>all people

The problem is that you begin this train of thought with the assumption that white, men, straight people, and European culture need to be dragged down, rather creating equality of opportunity (which we already have).

The behaviors that you're following aren't new to history. Do you know what we call your way of thinking? "Marxism". Your endgame isn't a world where you give as many people as you possibly can a free, happy life. Your endgame is pic related.

>I'm a mathematics major

Nice user. In the same boat. What're you planning to do post-graduation, assuming you're getting your Bachelor's?

Fellow east coast fag here, graduating in a year.

I just got a post-grad internship offer as an Actuarial Consultant Intern, so I want to do that and become an actuary.

I can never tell if some of the WE WUZ KANGZ stuff is real or satire

funniest thing about it is that white boys ain't gonna do shit

stay cucked

Matumbe of course.

/OURGUY/

Penn is so fucking cucked, last year when I was doing my masters I shit you not by the Ben Franklin statue near the quadrangle they were doing a massive Islamic prayer on loudspeakers and tons of kebabs were praying. Right on the grass in the middle of the fucking campus.

During Ramadan I walked into the hospital of UPenn and there was a giant green crescent moon and star flag saying "Ramadan Mubarak"

There is only one solution, the Final Solution for this kind of behavior. When will the White Race stand up and say NO MORE! We built Society and we can Tear it down.

After all they are trying to steal what is rightfully yours.

>waits patiently for race war
>hides with Jewish family members.
.>counts shekels

Race WAR Imminent!

>Remove a white writer because he doesn't represent everyone
>Replace it with a black writer that symbolizes even fewer writers
K.

This

Print out Joyce, Faulkner, Dante, Hesse, Dosteoyevsky, Nabokov, Knut Hamsun, Balzac, cover the wall with them.

When they ask, tell them you're just trying to represent a diverse collection of authors.

Europe is one of the most culturally diverse places on earth, but for some reason it doesn't count to leftists.

That's not cuckery. These are propaganda operations -- show of strength -- organized by the MSA which is a tentacle of the Muslim Brotherhood. These people don't play and they're all theocrats.

Peterson seems to believe that the end of the university is in sight. Says that he feels that they're currently doing more damage than good and suggests that new forms may be springing up.

To those people that are taking down the Shakespeare poster, I say fine. Let them. The rest of us who hearken back to Western tradition can move on, set up our tents elsewhere and carry on our relationship with that tradition. And those guys can amuse themselves however they please. Give em enough rope, I say.