Why does the world seem so wildly different today than it did 10 years ago?

Why does the world seem so wildly different today than it did 10 years ago?

media & reliance on smart-phones for information instead of relaying on books or individual studying a field that promote's growth on a personal level rather then as a collective

Millennials

Smart phones

because of the internet desu

Time passes. The world never stops spinning.

2007 changed everything. For the worse.

>Facebook

>iphones

>Portal

>Big Bang Theory

A quatrain of shit

>07

That's not 9'11 user the towers put this country into a frenzy that it still has yet to pass

Berenstein to Berenstain universe hopping.

9'11 was a terrible time I do not deny that, but the demoralization caused by the 5th column media had not reached anywhere near the current level yet and OP asked about 10 years ago so I pointed to the beginning of the worst societal trends.

Portal was when I realized you can make a monkey run through the same hoop for as long as you want.

Because it changed.

We grew up, and started paying attention to the world since it was expected of us as adults.

portal?

Millennials were 10-24 in 2006....

this plus jews

Each time the spread of information increases, like with the high speed internet we have now, society changes. Right now you can be 5 years old and view a high resolution, high bitrate, high framerate ISIS execution video with a single mouse click. This was unheard of 10-20 yrs ago and a comparison would be that weird guy who has a fake snuff VHS tape. Point being technology has irrecoverably changed society for the better or worse.

but even 10 years back look at how we handle kids having unlimited access that technology

what does facebook have to do with it?

People thinking that if information is available all the time, then you don't need to have any skills anymore and can look up every problem. And said people growing up without learning responsibility or said skills. Now we have older generations refusing to teach and younger generations refusing to learn.

user GET OUT

being a fucking retarded moron who screams because your canadiate didnt win the election is being a retard not an adult, i say almost everyone became a dumb retard who doesnt know anything.

You know how RTS games are slow to start, then slowly you get more resources and research more cool shit and eventually you can build really awesome expensive shit? The western world has been set up like that, but not in our favor. The people playing the game and making the decisions have just made their system more efficient at getting resources for them.